JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

1 minute ago, notsonice said:

sophomore... good luck ........Take my job???? good luck you will need more than an undergrad degree....and  30 years experience....... 

You are already arrogant and you are only on your second year... You do not worry me one bit........ You do know that 2 out of every 3 students in engineering never get their engineering degrees.......PS arrogance does not get you anywhere in the business

I mean I'm really only joking, but I'm committed to growing a business where I can use these skills. 

I believe your 2/3 failure figure. I see it all the time. My degree program lost half of its members in the first year. 

Edited by KeyboardWarrior

3 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Speaking of kids...and yes the EV fanatics remind me very much of the teenage yrs...Also known as Teenybopper's 

I am not an EV fanatic.......just one that can see where technology is going especially in battery tech. Oil price today coupled with EV tech is driving EV production for the future. Good luck with your teenager babble......

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

2nd year engineering? Have you even taken introduction to economics?

All industry investment is going into EV production which tells you about the future.

Here is what the historical PEV growth curve looks like:

Figure 3 PEV Sales Share of New Vehicle Sales

You should know from our past conversations that accusing me of knowing less based on my age isn't going to work well for you. Every time I'd go into thermodynamics for renewable systems you disappeared.

Any bloke can learn economics in their spare time, which is exactly what I've done.

Did you see the y axis on that chart? Not looking so hot. 

I believe I also asked you for a demand figure. Where is it? 

(edited)

13 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

You should know from our past conversations that accusing me of knowing less based on my age isn't going to work well for you. Every time I'd go into thermodynamics for renewable systems you disappeared.

Any bloke can learn economics in their spare time, which is exactly what I've done.

Did you see the y axis on that chart? Not looking so hot. 

Learn economics in your spare time. HaHa. You are in for a rude awakening. The y axis shows the beginning of an exponential curve. I guess you overlooked such things in your spare time. Where do you think that line will be in three years? Six years? Ten years?

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

6 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Learn economics in your spare time. HaHa. You are in for a rude awakening. The y axis shows the beginning of an exponential curve. I guess you overlooked such things in your spare time. Where do you think that line will be in three years?

If you ever took numerical methods, you'd know that extrapolating a curve that doesn't have an exact parent function can be dangerous. How the hell do you know where that curve goes? What if it flatlines? What if it takes a dive? Unless you have some f(x) sent from god that shows otherwise, I have no reason to believe that you're absolutely right. 

Remember when you extrapolated the oil demand curve? How well did THAT work for you? 

1 minute ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

If you ever took numerical methods, you'd know that extrapolating a curve that doesn't have an exact parent function can be dangerous. How the hell do you know where that curve goes? What if it flatlines? What if it takes a dive? Unless you have some f(x) sent from god that shows otherwise, I have no reason to believe that you're absolutely right. 

That's why you can't learn economics in your spare time. The f(x) from god is called the investment function that is happening today. Today's investment input is tomorrow's economic output.

(edited)

3 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

That's why you can't learn economics in your spare time. The f(x) from god is called the investment function that is happening today. Today's investment input is tomorrow's economic output.

What happened when you extrapolated the oil consumption curve Jay? Did your futures lose all their value?

By no means do you have a function for that curve that allows you to make exact predictions. You have no idea where it's headed until it gets there.

My half assed prediction? Percentage will probably increase a fair bit before stagnation. 

Just now, KeyboardWarrior said:

What happened when you extrapolated the oil consumption curve Jay? Did your futures lose all their value?

By no means do you have a function for that curve that allows you to make exact predictions. You have no idea where it's headed until it gets their.

My half assed prediction? Percentage will probably increase a fair bit before stagnation. 

I don't know the exact year the US will reach 90% EV but it will be between 2030 and 2035. Then it will begin to slow significantly.

03 02

• Upvote 1

Norway EVs went from 10% share to 90% in 7.5 years:

external_image

(edited)

1 hour ago, notsonice said:

I am not an EV fanatic.......just one that can see where technology is going especially in battery tech. Oil price today coupled with EV tech is driving EV production for the future. Good luck with your teenager babble......

Just a thought you impetuous child, tech is merely a tool that accentuates the the human mind. 

14 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

(edited)

D.E. Shaw signs 200MWac/400MWh solar and storage PPA

March 8, 2022
solar and storage solar-plus-storage d.e. shaw Colocated solar and storage is growing in popularity. Image: Pacific Green Technologies.

D. E. Shaw Renewable Investments (DESRI) has signed a solar and battery energy storage system (BESS) renewable power purchase agreement (PPA) totalling 200MWac/400MWh with a local utility.

The project is the largest combined solar PV and storage facility in northern California under PPA, claimed D.E. Shaw and off-taker Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) in a press release. It will be on the east side of Sacramento County and begin commercial operations ‘no later than 2024’.

“Our DESRI team is pleased to continue our longstanding partnership with SMUD on the development of this landmark clean power project, especially considering the groundbreaking size and battery storage integration,” said Hy Martin, chief development officer of DESRI.

“This first-of-its-kind project took significant effort by all project partners and shows SMUD’s leadership in its drive towards carbon-free electricity generation in coming years.”

The existing agricultural ranch on the site will continue to run in parallel and other key aspects of environmental sustainability have been built into the project, the press release adds. Bona Terra Energy assisted as co-developer in the project.

DESRI has not yet replied to Energy-storage.news’ request for a clarification on whether the project is a true hybrid solar-plus-storage resource – where the solar connects to the battery which then dispatches to the grid – or more straightforward colocation – where the solar PV and battery are two separate assets which share a common connection to the grid. This story will be updated to reflect its response.

SMUD, a community-owned utility, is working towards installing nearly 4GW of renewables and demand-side resources by 2040. It aims to provide net-zero-emission power to its 1.5 million customers in and around Sacramento by 2040.

Other large solar and storage projects under PPA in California include the massive Rexford 1 Solar & Storage Centre, in Tulare County, which combines 400MWdc (300MWac) of solar PV capacity with a 180MW/540MWh battery energy storage system (BESS). Set to become operational in 2023, it is being developed by 8Minute Solar Energy who signed the 15-year PPA with Clean Power Alliance, a community choice aggregator (CCA) group.

Clean Power Alliance also bagged the output of an even larger project near San Diego, EDF Renewable’s Desert Quartzite. That combines 300MW of horizontal single-axis tracking solar PV with a 600MWh battery energy storage system (BESS) and is expected to be commissioned in February 2024. Their PPA runs for 15 years.

DESRI’s claim that this is the largest such project under a PPA in northern California depends on how you define the unofficial ‘vernacular’ region. When asked, most residents in Redding said they do not consider their southerly neighbour Sacramento part of northern California. In Merced in the south, a sizeable minority said northern California encompasses Tulare county, where 8Minute’s Rexford project is (Source: North State Public Radio).

Edited by notsonice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

(edited)

Second eight-hour lithium-ion battery system picked in California long-duration storage procurement

March 8, 2022
115_SDGE_VRFB_20170316-TedWalton_low_res Many had expected an emerging technology like flow batteries to be selected. Pictured is California’s largest flow battery installation. Image: SDG&E / Ted Walton.

A group representing community energy suppliers in California has made its second long-duration energy storage procurement, with the selected bid once again a lithium-ion battery energy storage system (BESS). 

Seven of the 10 member organisations in CC Power, a Joint Powers Agency collective of Community Choice Aggregator (CCA) groups, banded together to make the procurements. In late January, it announced that a 69MW/552MWh lithium-ion battery project by developer LS Power had been the first selected for a contract from the group’s joint request for proposals (RfP). 

CC Power said yesterday that members of the Joint Power Agency’s board voted at a special meeting to enter into a contract for Goal Line, a 50MW/400MWh lithium-ion BESS project in development by Onward Energy. 

The eight-hour discharge duration system will be built in Escondido, California, with an expected online date in 2025 — a year earlier than the commissioning date expected for LS Power’s project, called Tumbleweed. 

The procurements are held in response to a requirement from the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) that the state’s load-serving entities — including CCAs, investor-owned utilities and municipal utilities and coops — procure sufficient energy to ensure so-called ‘Mid-Term Reliability’ of the energy system. 

In addition to procuring 11.5GW of clean energy resources in the timeframe 2025-2026 to mitigate circumstances including the retirement of natural gas power plants and the Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant, CPUC ordered load-serving entities to procure or contract for at least 1GW of long-duration energy storage.

Edited by notsonice
  • Like 1

(edited)

4.2GW of battery storage deployed in US last year

March 4, 2022
battery storage blue oval cityProjects like SK Innovation & Ford’s Blue Oval City will substantially grow the US’s domestic li-ion manufacturing capacity. Image: Ford.

Nearly 4.2GW of battery storage capacity was added to the US grid in 2021, according to a new report from BloombergNEF which also looked at growth in the country’s lithium-ion manufacturing capacity.

The ‘Sustainable Energy in America Factbook’, produced for The Business Council for Sustainable Energy, says the figure is more than in all preceding years combined.

Non-hydro, i.e. battery energy storage deployments, grew 360% to 4,417MW although it says that only 77% of this is ‘confirmed’ with the remainder ‘estimated’. It brings the US’ cumulative total battery storage deployment to 6.6GW. The report highlights two main drivers of growth.

First, there is a growing need for storage in energy-shifting applications due to rising renewables on the grid, particularly California’s. And on the regulatory side, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Order 841 (2018) removed barriers preventing storage from fully participating in those markets, providing a further tailwind to the sector.

Though it cautions that with the higher penetration rate of batteries comes increased pressure to deliver on meaningful system-level impacts on the grid and power markets. Pumped hydro is around 80% of storage capacity in the US today but has been close to flat since 2004, today sitting at around 22.5GW.

BloombergNEF’s report covers all segments of the battery storage market including residential, which saw 19,607 installations in the first nine months of 2021, two-thirds and 1.5x higher than the same period in 2020 and 2019 respectively.

US lithium-ion battery manufacturing capacity also increased, growing to 60GWh/year in 2021. It is expected to reach almost 100GWh/year by the end of 2022, though BloombergNEF does not forecast any further ahead.

However, it notes that joint-venture projects by SK Innovation/Ford’s Blue Oval City and Samsung SDI/LG Energy Solution will add 129GWH by 2027 and 40GWh by 2025/25, respectively. These nearly triple the manufacturing capacity figure on their own.

BloombergNEF’s reports’ broader brief and methodology makes for more positive reading than the American Clean Power Association’s (ACP) recent report, which only covered utility-scale deployments and said that clean power installations fell 3% last year to 27.7GW after a particularly poor last quarter.

BloombergNEF says that overall, new renewable energy capacity deployments grew 5% to 37.3GW in 2021. This figure doesn’t include storage, without which the ACP’s annual deployments figure would have been even lower.

The battery storage sector employed 67,000 people at the end of 2020, though this is likely to be much higher considering the deployment levels the following year. Around 10% of its workforce is unionised, in line with solar and wind.

Edited by notsonice
  • Like 1

I'd argue, but some people don't understand the difference between levelized cost of generation and returns on capital. 

Returns on solar still suck, and they're getting worse this year. 

(edited)

50 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

I'd argue, but some people don't understand the difference between levelized cost of generation and returns on capital. 

Returns on solar still suck, and they're getting worse this year. 

What would you argue with? Reality? Those investments are being made. Returns on solar compared to natural gas are going up.

Seems it is my turn to post this:

planned U.S. utility-scale electric generating capacity additions

Report Release: Headwinds for US Gas Power

Six Trends Eroding the Business Case for New Gas Power Plants
December 16, 2021

This past year was tough for natural gas in the US electricity sector. Headline-grabbing events like Winter Storm Uri and the blackouts in Texas in February—caused in large part by the failure of gas delivery and power infrastructure in extreme weather conditions—illustrated how fuel insecurity and high prices can cost consumers billions of dollars.

Amid the ongoing volatility in natural gas prices, and the continued trend of falling prices for renewable energy and storage technologies, numerous gas power projects have been canceled before commencing construction. A few high-profile cases, like the cancellation of a long-proposed gas-fired plant in Minnesota in June, illustrate a broader shift: utilities and investors increasingly prioritize clean energy as a lower-cost, lower-risk option than continued investment in new gas plants.

And yet, there remains a long tail of gas plants still proposed for construction in the United States, even as their economic prospects dim. In fact, utilities and other investors plan to invest more than $50 billion in new gas power plants over the next decade. But a new RMI study released today details how at least 80 percent of these projects could be cost-effectively avoided by prioritizing investments in clean energy instead. And a set of economic and policy trends, ranging from volatile gas prices to policy priorities around public health and job creation, threaten the viability of nearly all new gas projects.

New Gas Plants Are Losing Steam

The trends have been shifting against new gas plants in the United States for several years. RMI analysis starting in 2018 documented how “clean energy portfolios”—combinations of wind, solar, energy efficiency, demand response, and battery energy storage that can provide the same reliability services as a gas-fired power plant—are increasingly economical compared with new gas plants. And since 2018, the capacity of new gas plants entering service has fallen every year, on track in 2021 to hit the lowest level since 2010.

Even more telling, over 50 percent of gas plants proposed to come online in the past two years have been canceled prior to construction as clean energy resources have become more and more competitive (Exhibit 1). This is true for restructured markets as well as for vertically integrated utilities.

Exhibit 1: Annual share of proposed gas capacity terminated before construction compared with CEP competitivenessExhibit 1: Annual share of proposed gas capacity terminated before construction compared with CEP competitiveness

Currently, new gas plants make up less than 10 percent of new capacity in interconnection queues, while renewables and storage dominate planned construction. This is reflective of shifting economics—where utilities have run modern, all-source competitive procurement processes to select the least-cost, least-risk resources to maintain grid reliability, they have overwhelmingly chosen clean energy portfolios.

Stiffening Headwinds for New Gas Power Plants

In addition to raw economics leading to gas project cancellations, a growing set of economic and policy trends threaten the viability of any new gas-fired power project proposed for construction in the United States. RMI’s study quantifies six risk factors and their impacts on the viability of new gas power plants (Exhibit 2):

• Renewable energy prices: If renewables cost declines continue at their recent pace, 91 percent of new gas plants will be uneconomic relative to CEPs at their proposed construction date.
  • Gas price volatility: If gas price trajectories return to 2021 highs, 88 percent of new gas plants will be uneconomic relative to CEPs.
  • Costs of fuel security: If gas plants are required to bear the cost of securing reliable fuel supply to guard against the kind of outages on display in February 2021 in Texas, 95 percent of proposed gas plants would be uneconomic.
  • Focus on job creation: If policymakers continue to prioritize job creation, 100 percent of proposed gas plants are threatened, as clean energy portfolios lead to higher net job creation than new gas plants.
  • Focus on human health: If policymakers account for the cost of human health impacts of pollution from new gas-fired power plants, 94 percent of new gas plants would be uneconomic.
  • Reducing community impacts: If policymakers prioritize minimizing impacts to marginalized communities due to new gas plant construction and operations, 88 percent of proposed gas plants are threatened.

https://rmi.org/report-release-headwinds-for-us-gas-power/

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

2 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

What would you argue with? Reality? Those investments are being made. Returns on solar compared to natural gas are going up.

Seems it is my turn to post this:

planned U.S. utility-scale electric generating capacity additions

Report Release: Headwinds for US Gas Power

Six Trends Eroding the Business Case for New Gas Power Plants
December 16, 2021

This past year was tough for natural gas in the US electricity sector. Headline-grabbing events like Winter Storm Uri and the blackouts in Texas in February—caused in large part by the failure of gas delivery and power infrastructure in extreme weather conditions—illustrated how fuel insecurity and high prices can cost consumers billions of dollars.

Amid the ongoing volatility in natural gas prices, and the continued trend of falling prices for renewable energy and storage technologies, numerous gas power projects have been canceled before commencing construction. A few high-profile cases, like the cancellation of a long-proposed gas-fired plant in Minnesota in June, illustrate a broader shift: utilities and investors increasingly prioritize clean energy as a lower-cost, lower-risk option than continued investment in new gas plants.

And yet, there remains a long tail of gas plants still proposed for construction in the United States, even as their economic prospects dim. In fact, utilities and other investors plan to invest more than $50 billion in new gas power plants over the next decade. But a new RMI study released today details how at least 80 percent of these projects could be cost-effectively avoided by prioritizing investments in clean energy instead. And a set of economic and policy trends, ranging from volatile gas prices to policy priorities around public health and job creation, threaten the viability of nearly all new gas projects.

New Gas Plants Are Losing Steam

The trends have been shifting against new gas plants in the United States for several years. RMI analysis starting in 2018 documented how “clean energy portfolios”—combinations of wind, solar, energy efficiency, demand response, and battery energy storage that can provide the same reliability services as a gas-fired power plant—are increasingly economical compared with new gas plants. And since 2018, the capacity of new gas plants entering service has fallen every year, on track in 2021 to hit the lowest level since 2010.

Even more telling, over 50 percent of gas plants proposed to come online in the past two years have been canceled prior to construction as clean energy resources have become more and more competitive (Exhibit 1). This is true for restructured markets as well as for vertically integrated utilities.

Exhibit 1: Annual share of proposed gas capacity terminated before construction compared with CEP competitivenessExhibit 1: Annual share of proposed gas capacity terminated before construction compared with CEP competitiveness

Currently, new gas plants make up less than 10 percent of new capacity in interconnection queues, while renewables and storage dominate planned construction. This is reflective of shifting economics—where utilities have run modern, all-source competitive procurement processes to select the least-cost, least-risk resources to maintain grid reliability, they have overwhelmingly chosen clean energy portfolios.

Stiffening Headwinds for New Gas Power Plants

In addition to raw economics leading to gas project cancellations, a growing set of economic and policy trends threaten the viability of any new gas-fired power project proposed for construction in the United States. RMI’s study quantifies six risk factors and their impacts on the viability of new gas power plants (Exhibit 2):

• Renewable energy prices: If renewables cost declines continue at their recent pace, 91 percent of new gas plants will be uneconomic relative to CEPs at their proposed construction date.
  • Gas price volatility: If gas price trajectories return to 2021 highs, 88 percent of new gas plants will be uneconomic relative to CEPs.
  • Costs of fuel security: If gas plants are required to bear the cost of securing reliable fuel supply to guard against the kind of outages on display in February 2021 in Texas, 95 percent of proposed gas plants would be uneconomic.
  • Focus on job creation: If policymakers continue to prioritize job creation, 100 percent of proposed gas plants are threatened, as clean energy portfolios lead to higher net job creation than new gas plants.
  • Focus on human health: If policymakers account for the cost of human health impacts of pollution from new gas-fired power plants, 94 percent of new gas plants would be uneconomic.
  • Reducing community impacts: If policymakers prioritize minimizing impacts to marginalized communities due to new gas plant construction and operations, 88 percent of proposed gas plants are threatened.

https://rmi.org/report-release-headwinds-for-us-gas-power/

I seemed to have missed the part where returns on capital are mentioned. Perhaps you could point me to it. 

There are plenty of idiots on utility boards. I spoke to the board of my state when I wanted to build a small solar farm (this was before I knew that returns are shit without tax credits) and I inferred that none of them understood how to make good business decisions. 

On 3/4/2022 at 11:18 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

Let's see, UK is already at 25% new PEV sales so that is ahead of schedule. Renewables + Nuke are at 58% of electricity so that seems to be on schedule. Coal is almost to zero and the increase in costs is due to the spike in natural gas prices. I'd say Lord Hollick is a lying idiot, just your sort.

Renewables and Nuke made up 42% last year (25.4% + 16.6% respectively).

FF 40.4% (38.7% gas, 1.7% coal)

The rest was from Biomass, pumped storage, hydro and interconnectors

https://grid.iamkate.com/

18.5% of new cars were EV / hybrid in 2021

https://heycar.co.uk/blog/electric-cars-statistics-and-projections

Youll probably tell me my figures are out of date lol

Generally renewables are gaining rapidly in the share of electricity generation as are EV's / hybrids in % of new car registrations.

With the huge spike in FF costs I think this puts the UK in a very strong position long term.

(edited)

58 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

I seemed to have missed the part where returns on capital are mentioned. Perhaps you could point me to it. 

There are plenty of idiots on utility boards. I spoke to the board of my state when I wanted to build a small solar farm (this was before I knew that returns are shit without tax credits) and I inferred that none of them understood how to make good business decisions. 

The tax credits are a valid part of the calculation. If you chose to dismiss them then you suck at making good business decisions. You have also dismissed a lot of corporate business decisions. In California little if any of the solar generation is owned by the utilities, it is owned by investors and most of the utilities are also investor owned.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

57 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Renewables and Nuke made up 42% last year (25.4% + 16.6% respectively).

FF 40.4% (38.7% gas, 1.7% coal)

The rest was from Biomass, pumped storage, hydro and interconnectors

18.5% of new cars were EV / hybrid in 2021

https://heycar.co.uk/blog/electric-cars-statistics-and-projections

Youll probably tell me my figures are out of date lol

Generally renewables are gaining rapidly in the share of electricity generation as are EV's / hybrids in % of new car registrations.

With the huge spike in FF costs I think this puts the UK in a very strong position long term.

Biomass and hydro are renewables.

Maybe my data is out of date, I only found data for 2020, do you have a link for 2021?

2020 numbers as reported in the 2021 Energy Brief:

"share from nuclear decreased from 17.4% to 16.1%. The decline in electricity supplied from fossil fuels was enabled by increased generation from renewables, which increased its share of generation from 36.9% to a record 43.1%"  https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1032260/UK_Energy_in_Brief_2021.pdf

Your EV data is out of date. :)

The UK saw plugin electric vehicle share hit 20.4% in January 2022, up from 13.7% in January 2021. 

The UK, Europe’s second largest plugin market, saw electric vehicle share almost double year on year to 25.6% in February. 

UK is on track for 30% EV share this year based on YoY growth.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

8 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

If you were to research EV deployment in most of the EU you would find the govt and local corporations make up the entire EV market. 

EWO I'm not a believer in the whole green agenda as you probably know, however what you say above is frankly downright wrong. The vast majority 90+% of EV's in the UK are privately owned and that is the truth.

As for saving the planet they do anything but as to become Co2 neutral with a new ICE you have to drive an EV for 3-4 years before you get to parity due to the Co2 it takes to make them in the first place.

44 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Maybe my data is out of date, I only found data for 2020, do you have a link for 2021?

I did post the link

Under the "Averages" heading shows you live data and data going back 1 day , 1 week , 1 month and 1 year. Just hover your cursor over the pie charts when you scroll down a page.

Under the "Sources" heading you will see that All time yearly averages for coal has fallen from 15.63GW to 0.88GW in the last 10 years again just hover the cursor over what you want to view.

Really useful site for UK power generation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

EWO I'm not a believer in the whole green agenda as you probably know, however what you say above is frankly downright wrong. The vast majority 90+% of EV's in the UK are privately owned and that is the truth.

As for saving the planet they do anything but as to become Co2 neutral with a new ICE you have to drive an EV for 3-4 years before you get to parity due to the Co2 it takes to make them in the first place.

EVs last a lot longer than 3 or 4 years. Every additional 3.5 years is another ICE car they make up for.

51 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Biomass and hydro are renewables.

2020 numbers as reported in the 2021 Energy Brief:

"share from nuclear decreased from 17.4% to 16.1%. The decline in electricity supplied from fossil fuels was enabled by increased generation from renewables, which increased its share of generation from 36.9% to a record 43.1%"  https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1032260/UK_Energy_in_Brief_2021.pdf

Your EV data is out of date. :)

The UK saw plugin electric vehicle share hit 20.4% in January 2022, up from 13.7% in January 2021. 

The UK, Europe’s second largest plugin market, saw electric vehicle share almost double year on year to 25.6% in February. 

UK is on track for 30% EV share this year based on YoY growth.

I knew youd tell me my data was out of date lol

I'd agree with 30% share providing supply can equal demand, which it cant presently.

(edited)

26 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

I knew youd tell me my data was out of date lol

I'd agree with 30% share providing supply can equal demand, which it cant presently.

Yeah, Volkswagen shutting down so much production could slow things down. A lot is dependent on how fast Tesla Berlin can ramp. I wonder if they will make right hand cars this year? You might get a lot more EV from China.

You are due to get this new MG later in the year:

image.png.04c28dba8f8f157565bb29d215489b38.png

Edited by Jay McKinsey

57 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Yeah, Volkswagen shutting down so much production could slow things down. A lot is dependent on how fast Tesla Berlin can ramp. I wonder if they will make right hand cars this year? You might get a lot more EV from China.

You are due to get this new MG later in the year:

image.png.04c28dba8f8f157565bb29d215489b38.png

Im sure they are already being sold.

Think I saw a brand new one yesterday!

It was definitely an MG EV