JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

Recommended Posts

(edited)

15 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

If you knew anything about the market you would know that by far the greatest portion of the market value is in 35-60K cars. EVs are rocking in that segment, Tesla Model Y and 3 are the two best selling cars in California, the largest vehicle market in the USA. Not best selling EVs but best selling vehicles!

That still leaves EVs below the 1% share of market value, Jay. Still just a marginal toy for the well-off people who can afford a third car to park in their driveway as a symbol of liberal political rectitude. Especially in California, which I will visit this summer.

Those same wealthy EV owners are paying huge bucks for gasoline to fuel their real drivers, the fossil fuel cars.

And which of these new EVs is parked in your driveway, Jay? None of the above?

Edited by Ecocharger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

13 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

That still leaves EVs below the 1% share of market value, Jay. Still just a marginal toy for the well-off people who can afford a third car to park in their driveway as a symbol of liberal political rectitude. Especially in California, which I will visit this summer.

Those same wealthy EV owners are paying huge bucks for gasoline to fuel their real drivers, the fossil fuel cars.

And which of these new EVs is parked in your driveway, Jay? None of the above?

That is just stupid and not how the world or economics works. When you get to California you are going to see those EVs driving everywhere! Not sitting in the driveways. That is where the gasmobile sits. EVs are the daily drivers. ICE is definitely the secondary vehicle. 

Be sure and brushup on what a Tesla looks like so that you can try and count them all in LA and SF.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

10 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

That is just stupid and not how the world or economics works. When you get to California you are going to see those EVs driving everywhere! Not sitting in the driveways. That is where the gasmobile sits. EVs are the daily drivers. ICE is definitely the secondary vehicle. 

Be sure and brushup on what a Tesla looks like so that you can try and count them all in LA and SF.

I have already seen too many Tesla's around my own neighborhood, they indicate a superficial understanding of the issues surrounding climate change. 

But I guess superficial culture is what California is famous for, judging from your posts here.

So which of the EVs sits in your driveway, Jay?

Edited by Ecocharger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

13 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

I have already seen too many Tesla's around my own neighborhood, they indicate a superficial understanding of the issues surrounding climate change. 

But I guess that superficial culture is what California is famous for, judging from your posts here.

So which of the EVs sits in your driveway, Jay?

So you see a lot of Teslas driving around but deny their popularity and claim they sit in the driveway. All those Tesla owners out driving their Teslas every day know that you don't have a clue. You best be prepared to see a whole lot more.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 6/1/2022 at 11:18 AM, Jay McKinsey said:

We are becoming acutely aware of how much we want fossil fuel to go away.

China says a third of electricity will come from renewables by 2025

SHANGHAI, June 1 (Reuters) - China will aim to ensure that its grids source about 33% of power from renewable sources by 2025, up from 28.8% in 2020, the state planning agency said on Wednesday in a new "five-year plan" for the renewable sector.

China's total renewable energy consumption is set to reach about 1 billion tonnes of standard coal equivalent (TCE) by 2025, as the country bids to raise the share of non-fossil fuels in total energy use to 20%, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) said.

China, the biggest source of climate-warming greenhouse gases, has pledged to raise total wind and solar capacity to 1,200 gigawatts by 2030, almost double the current rate, with plans to build large-scale renewable energy bases in northwestern desert regions.https://www.reuters.com/business/sustainable-business/china-says-third-electricity-will-come-renewables-by-2025-2022-06-01/

How Long Will The Epic Rally In Energy Stocks Last?

By Tsvetana Paraskova - Jun 02, 2022, 7:00 PM CDT

Energy stocks are enjoying their best market performance in years. They are also enjoying the best performance on the S&P 500 this year—at least so far.  After years of poor earnings, poor market returns, and investors pulling out of oil and gas stocks, conventional energy stocks have come back with a bang. 

Brand Equity

 

 

abstract-red-phoenix-rising-4355786.jpg

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

How Long Will The Epic Rally In Energy Stocks Last?

By Tsvetana Paraskova - Jun 02, 2022, 7:00 PM CDT

Energy stocks are enjoying their best market performance in years. They are also enjoying the best performance on the S&P 500 this year—at least so far.  After years of poor earnings, poor market returns, and investors pulling out of oil and gas stocks, conventional energy stocks have come back with a bang. 

Brand Equity.

Because of a war that has incentivized everyone to move away from fossil fuels as fast as they can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 6/1/2022 at 1:23 PM, notsonice said:

More babble from the Babbler Ecochump

Trump was the King of refinery closures, not the Green agenda.......

 

reality the main reason capacity shrunk under Trump was the 2019 fire in Philadelphia which destroyed a refinery (now tell me how this was related to renewables) Plus closures in 2020 related to the fall in demand due to Trumps failed COVID response in 2020 (thanks to Trumps babbling about a virus that would go away by itself)

total U.S. operable capacity  closed in the past 5 years

  • 2019 Fire......The Philadelphia Energy Solutions refinery in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: 335,000 b/cd
  • 2020 no one one would buy it really was too old to run anymore...wore out.....The Shell refinery in Convent, Louisiana: 211,146 b/cd
  • August 2020 The Tesoro (Marathon) refinery in Martinez, California: 161,000 b/cd
  • August 2020 The HollyFrontier refinery in Cheyenne, Wyoming: 48,000 b/cd
  • The Western Refining refinery in Gallup, New Mexico: 27,000 b/cd
  • The Dakota Prairie refinery in Dickinson, North Dakota: 19,000 b/cd

 

DHS chief Mayorkas approves border wall projects to fill gaps, replace gates

And Mexico will pay for it. Just as the socialist movement in the US. Perhaps abroad comes to mind.

 

907688510_52mo81(1).jpg

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

DHS chief Mayorkas approves border wall projects to fill gaps, replace gates

And Mexico will pay for it. Just as the socialist movement in the US.

 

907688510_52mo81(1).jpg

Total nonsense. Please post this in the political forum, it has nothing to do with energy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Because of a war that has incentivized everyone to move away from fossil fuels as fast as they can.

 

bd84a8852530d8c350ecbf89893898bba91a58b63d1c96286c60f66247d28bca (1).gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

6 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Total nonsense. Please post this in the political forum, it has nothing to do with energy.

Trumps influences on energy are a non sequitur? Ohh how contraire we are as of recent. It should be quite apparent Trumps policy seems to be reappearing.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Trumps influences on energy are a non sequitur? Ohh how contraire we are as of recent. It should be quite apparent Trumps policy seems to be reappearing.

Oh absolutely, he pushed for US LNG which is twice the cost of renewables in Europe so they are of course moving to renewables as fast as they can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Oh absolutely, he pushed for US LNG which is twice the cost of renewables in Europe so they are of course moving to renewables as fast as they can.

Why do you expose the childish mentality of the EU? Renewable energy has proven itself to be a abject failure. 

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Renewable energy has proven itself to be a abject failure. 

Only in your schizophrenic mind. It is working with great results in the real world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Jay McKinsey said:

Only in your schizophrenic mind. It is working with great results in the real world.

Jay my god man, just what is renewable power investment doing for the EU now? Returning a continent to the dark ages?

I do believe Trump spoke to this issue...windmills in the 21fst century?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot help but to think of Brussels, those arrogant pricks call out for green energy yet they as a small irrellavant country do not play the Green Game. Can anyone bring credence to their existence?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Jay my god man, just what is renewable power investment doing for the EU now? Returning a continent to the dark ages?

I do believe Trump spoke to this issue...windmills in the 21fst century?

Past renewable energy investment is saving it from being in a much worse position. How dumb can you be?

Wind power is the immediate saviour of Europe and now they have to work out solar with the N. African countries. It isn't that hard.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

I cannot help but to think of Brussels, those arrogant pricks call out for green energy yet they as a small irrellavant country do not play the Green Game. Can anyone bring credence to their existence?

what are you babbling about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

6 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Past renewable energy investment is saving it from being in a much worse position. How dumb can you be?

As ive said you are a person that needs subjective reasoning and help. Germany  brought this energy crisis upon themselves. For the love of humanity who destroys coal and nuclear plants on a whim...30 plus plants!

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

8 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

So you see a lot of Teslas driving around but deny their popularity and claim they sit in the driveway. All those Tesla owners out driving their Teslas every day know that you don't have a clue. You best be prepared to see a whole lot more.

Less than 1% of the market value...that is very marginal at best.

And which EV have you purchased, Jay?

Edited by Ecocharger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Because of a war that has incentivized everyone to move away from fossil fuels as fast as they can.

The high prices for oil products shows how strong the demand for fossil fuels is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

As ive said you are a person that needs subjective reasoning and help. Germany  brought this energy crisis upon themselves. For the love of humanity who destroys coal and nuclear plants on a whim...30 plus plants!

Germany is not all of Europe oh mini brain. Further, Germany built coal plants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Past renewable energy investment is saving it from being in a much worse position. How dumb can you be?

Wind power is the immediate saviour of Europe and now they have to work out solar with the N. African countries. It isn't that hard.

What have you been ingesting, Jay?  That is nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Ecocharger said:

The high prices for oil products shows how strong the demand for fossil fuels is.

If you understood economics you would know that is not the proper outcome because in reality we all known that it is due to a decrease in supply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Ecocharger said:

What have you been ingesting, Jay?  That is nonsense.

Unlike you I've been ingesting reality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Jay McKinsey said:

Unlike you I've been ingesting reality. 

Where? That ICE fossil fuel vehicle which is parked in your driveway? Yah, I can see your commitment to your personal fossil fuel vehicles as something which is realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.