JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

19 minutes ago, notsonice said:

Are you up to date on modern compressed gas tanks? yes they are not a good fit for passenger vehicles

unless you like to drive around in something like this..again a trunk full of cylinders not a good seller is it?????

640px-Carroagas.jpg

It depends on how much room you need in your hatch or trunk. The tanks are light enough to go on top of almost any vehicle but I already covered this in my initial story. Racks on pickups, and the roof of SUVs. Very simple adaptation. Attractive covers are used to cover the tanks themselves. You can fill up in your own garage with a natural gas compressor. 

https://afdc.energy.gov/vehicles/natural_gas.html#:~:text=Natural gas powers more than,roughly 23 million vehicles worldwide. Twice as many as electric vehicles and they are much larger! Of course this does not include ships at sea and large rivers. 

Electricity. There were 10.6 million electric vehicle sales globally in 2022.Mar 10, 2023

Edited by Ron Wagner

https://www.counterman.com/the-ice-age-isnt-over/

The ICE Age Isn’t Over

Internal combustion engines are expected to maintain their dominant U.S. market share through 2030.

Counterman Staff
By Counterman Staff
February 6, 2020

ICE-Engine-1024x512.jpg
a5dffc58-2ae5-462d-8f69-37ce451faa97.jpg

The number of cars and light trucks powered by internal combustion engines (ICE) will climb by 36 million between now and 2030 in the United States, despite predictions that electric vehicles will make them obsolete.

e0ca5cf3-e607-4574-b945-2463d766ceaf.jpg

That’s according to a new report from Lang Marketing Resources.

“Cancel the obituary of the internal combustion vehicle,” said Jim Lang, president and lead author of the report. “They will grow in number in the U.S. throughout the decade.”

With ICE vehicles expected to maintain their dominant market share through 2030, demand for aftermarket parts and service should continue to be robust.

“Peak ICE – the year when internal combustion engine vehicles reach their maximum number – could arrive as late as 2035,” predicted Lang.

EV Sales Will Grow Too

While the number of ICE engines in the vehicle parc will continue to grow, the same is expected for electric vehicles.

Electric vehicles (battery-electric vehicles and plug-in electric hybrids) represented less than 2% of the 2019 new-vehicle market.

However, EV annual volume will increase fourfold by mid-decade, accounting for nearly 8% of 2025 light-vehicle sales, according to Lang Marketing Resources.

EV volume will reach 2.9 million units during 2030, double its 2025 share.

Despite the increasing EV sales, ICE cars and light trucks will continue to dominate the new-vehicle market. The resulting number of ICE vehicles in operation (VIO) will climb by 24 million during 2020 through 2025.

ICE vehicles in the United States will increase by another 12 million from 2026 to 2030, pushing their VIO growth to 36 million during 2020 through 2030, up from approximately 282 million vehicles in operation last year.

af02a914-d4bf-4e72-8f61-553422d0ec8b.jpg

Regular hybrids and mild hybrids (both have batteries recharged by their combustion engines) are included as ICE vehicles in the Lang analysis, since most mileage of non-plug-in Hybrids is ICE-powered.

Peak ICE Year

The year of peak ICE in the United States (when ICE vehicles reach their maximum number) will be determined by two factors, according to Lang: the annual sales mix of ICE and EV vehicles, and ICE-vehicle scrappage.

Peak ICE will not be reached before 2032 and, under certain circumstances, it could arrive as late as 2035, Lang predicts.

Tags: Electric Vehicles, Engines

US New-Vehicle Buyers’ Brand Loyalty Drops To 6-Year Low

While consumers are changing brands, body-style loyalty remains strong.

Counterman Staff
By Counterman Staff
September 7, 2021

Brand loyalty among U.S. consumers for new vehicles dropped to a six-year low in June, according to new analysis from IHS Markit.

Analysis of new-vehicle-registration data through June indicates that the overall brand-loyalty rate of 51% in the U.S. market is the lowest since August 2015. This decline in loyalty is inevitably due, at least in part, to the major declines in dealer inventory stemming from the global microchip shortage.

e3dee28a-88ea-44ea-aeaa-c1c49639828c.jpg

On 5/31/2023 at 4:29 PM, Ecocharger said:

Again, the quantities of these emissions is practically zero for the new technology.  You need to get your act together.

CO2 does not demonstrably impact earth temperature, sorry.

In regard to vehicle exhaust emissions I made no mention of CO2. 

Had a big delivery of straw today? 

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2021 at 9:11 AM, JoMack said:

OOPS!

image.png.31a118b7dd79f366dad673b90cb240ab.png

Oops.   Oil storage fire. The tank farm is burning, black smoke is combu

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/05/30/definitive-36-page-report-150-ways-the-biden-admin-democrats-have-made-it-harder-for-u-s-to-produce-oil-gas/

Definitive 36 Page Report: ‘150 Ways the Biden Admin & Democrats Have Made it Harder for U.S. to Produce Oil & Gas’

THOMAS J. PYLE of the Institute for Energy Research May 23, 2023 report: 

Biden & Dems target U.S. domestic energy by 'canceling'...'banning'...'prohibiting'...'taxing'...'executive orders' & 'restricting' using 'moratoriums'...'executive orders'...'ESG'...'green energy codes'...'increased fees and royalties'...'environmental justice enforcement'...'red tape'...revoking 'oil & gas leases'...forcing 'bankruptcies'...'fuel efficiency standards'...'social costs of carbon'

All while the Biden Admin has been "begging OPEC+ (OPEC plus Russia) to produce more oil."

On April 16, 2021: At Biden’s Direction, Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland revoked policies in Secretarial Order 3398 established by the Trump administration including rejecting 'American Energy Independence' as a goal."

By: Admin - Climate DepotMay 30, 2023 8:51 AM

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/fossil-fuels/150-ways-the-biden-administration-and-congress-have-made-it-harder-to-produce-oil-gas/

BY THOMAS J. PYLE

President Biden and the Democrats in Congress have a plan for American energy: make it harder to produce and more expensive to purchase. Since Mr. Biden took office, his administration and its allies have taken over 150 actions deliberately designed to make it harder to produce energy here in America. A list of those actions, which includes a few high-profile actions taken in states like New York and California, appears below. A list of those actions appears below. A PDF of the full list is available to download here.

Well, not ALL energy.  Just dirtier stuff...

(edited)

It depends on how much room you need in your hatch or trunk. The tanks are light enough to go on top of almost any vehicle but I already covered this in my initial story. Racks on pickups, and the roof of SUVs. Very simple adaptation. Attractive covers are used to cover the tanks themselves. You can fill up in your own garage with a natural gas compressor. 

https://afdc.energy.gov/vehicles/natural_gas.html#:~:text=Natural gas powers more than,roughly 23 million vehicles worldwide. Twice as many as electric vehicles and they are much larger! Of course this does not include ships at sea and large rivers. 

Electricity. There were 10.6 million electric vehicle sales globally in 2022.Mar 10, 2023

I don't know if I would personally place a nat gas compressor in a household-occupied structure.

I feel the same with any current type of storage battery as well.

Edited by turbguy
  • Like 2

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/05/30/definitive-36-page-report-150-ways-the-biden-admin-democrats-have-made-it-harder-for-u-s-to-produce-oil-gas/

Definitive 36 Page Report: ‘150 Ways the Biden Admin & Democrats Have Made it Harder for U.S. to Produce Oil & Gas’

THOMAS J. PYLE of the Institute for Energy Research May 23, 2023 report: 

Biden & Dems target U.S. domestic energy by 'canceling'...'banning'...'prohibiting'...'taxing'...'executive orders' & 'restricting' using 'moratoriums'...'executive orders'...'ESG'...'green energy codes'...'increased fees and royalties'...'environmental justice enforcement'...'red tape'...revoking 'oil & gas leases'...forcing 'bankruptcies'...'fuel efficiency standards'...'social costs of carbon'

All while the Biden Admin has been "begging OPEC+ (OPEC plus Russia) to produce more oil."

On April 16, 2021: At Biden’s Direction, Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland revoked policies in Secretarial Order 3398 established by the Trump administration including rejecting 'American Energy Independence' as a goal."

By: Admin - Climate DepotMay 30, 2023 8:51 AM

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/fossil-fuels/150-ways-the-biden-administration-and-congress-have-made-it-harder-to-produce-oil-gas/

BY THOMAS J. PYLE

President Biden and the Democrats in Congress have a plan for American energy: make it harder to produce and more expensive to purchase. Since Mr. Biden took office, his administration and its allies have taken over 150 actions deliberately designed to make it harder to produce energy here in America. A list of those actions, which includes a few high-profile actions taken in states like New York and California, appears below. A list of those actions appears below. A PDF of the full list is available to download here.

The result is a drastic reduction in the standard of living for the average American....that translates into election problems for Biden & Co.

• Great Response! 1

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

The result is a drastic reduction in the standard of living for the average American....that translates into election problems for Biden & Co.

What happens if Trump wins but he’s in jail. The standard of living goes up? I assume the happiness index would break records. If the jail is powered by solar, does Trump get to plug anything in? You could bring in a coal stove just for him. That’s how America works, compromise. 

1 hour ago, Boat said:

What happens if Trump wins but he’s in jail. The standard of living goes up? I assume the happiness index would break records. If the jail is powered by solar, does Trump get to plug anything in? You could bring in a coal stove just for him. That’s how America works, compromise. 

The standard of living goes up for everyone, especially the poor, if Biden & Co. get turfed next time.

(edited)

14 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Ya Don't Say. Sulphur dioxides are overwhelming your country and you bring up automotive  gasoline emissions. Now that is truly a eye popper.

bfb.jpg

What??? Where do you get sulphur dioxides are OVERWHELMING the UK from are you on class A drugs?

Oh look the USA ranks 9th worst globally and the UK nowhere to be seen!!

Try fact finding and researching before spouting BS, oh and back up your claims once in a while with some actual data!

https://www.airclim.org/acidnews/global-sulphur-pollution-decreasing#:~:text=In 2019%2C the Norilsk smelter site in Russia,followed closely by Singapore’s oil and gas refineries.

The reason I mentioned automotive if you re-read the thread was because thats what my post was about which you then in reply went on a massive rant regarding shipping and bunker fuel which wasnt mentioned in my post at all!

Try to stay on topic EWO its getting tiring to keep replying to your posts that are deflections as you have lost the debate.

image.jpeg.27221ae15dc54b66e492d7c55570cb40.jpeg

Edited by Rob Plant

22 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Sure, eliminate the really old ones which contribute the vast majority of pollution issues. Not a huge problem

And replace them with EV's?

(edited)

7 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

What??? Where do you get sulphur dioxides are OVERWHELMING the UK from are you on class A drugs?

Try fact finding and researching before spouting BS, oh and back up your claims once in a while with some actual data!

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/sep/26/air-pollution-fears-fuel-fight-against-huge-new-london-cruise-ship-terminal-river-thames

Air pollution fears fuel fight against new London cruise ship terminal

This article is more than 4 years old

The River Thames has become a ‘wild west’ unbound by new laws to clean up the city’s roads, say campaigners

Under the proposals, which have been given planning permission, up to 55 giant cruise ships would dock in London every year. Each ship would need to run its diesel engines round the clock to power onboard facilities, generating the same amount of toxic NO2 emissions as almost 700 continuously running lorries.

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/air-pollution-uk-shipping-levels-record-environment-fumes-damage-nitrogen-dioxide-sulphur-a8189691.html

Toxic nitrogen dioxide emissions around major ports and sea routes in the UK are four times higher than previously suggested, according to a report for the Government.

Levels of sulphur dioxide, another harmful pollutant, are three times higher.

Experts say shipping pollutants, which are concentrated around major port cities such as Southampton, Grimsby and Liverpool, are a significant cause of concern for the health of local populations.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Try fact finding and researching before spouting BS, oh and back up your claims once in a while with some actual data!

Now you're repeating exactly what I post?

The thing is EWO I do back my posts up with data, you should try it you might find it cathartic.

(edited)

19 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Now you're repeating exactly what I post?

The thing is EWO I do back my posts up with data, you should try it you might find it cathartic.

That's a quote or perhaps a request? In which I will respond to. 

Mr Plant it is shipping that is poisoning the planet...Not the automotive industry.

Toxic nitrogen dioxide emissions around major ports and sea routes in the UK are four times higher than previously suggested, according to a report for the Government.

Levels of sulphur dioxide, another harmful pollutant, are three times higher.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/oct/15/us-california-ports-ships-supply-chain-pollution

Ships backed up outside US ports pumping out pollutants as they idle

The Ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles, two of the nation’s busiest, create more than 100 tons a day of smog that choke local communities

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

Sigh!

EWO have a good weekend

1 minute ago, Rob Plant said:

Sigh!

EWO have a good weekend

I leave it with you....well maybe.

main-qimg-12861da306fcaac49cd9c010e4566ec6.jpeg

(edited)

14 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

I leave it with you....well maybe.

main-qimg-12861da306fcaac49cd9c010e4566ec6.jpeg

Yeah seen that already, wasnt funny the first time.

If you did punch me you'd have to make it a good'un, trust me!

Edited by Rob Plant

(edited)

1 hour ago, Rob Plant said:

And replace them with EV's?

No, with fossil fuel vehicles, whose toxic emissions are trending down towards zero. EVs are a foolish waste of resources.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Great Response! 1

On 6/2/2023 at 3:32 AM, Ron Wagner said:

Thanks for your information. Los Angeles has run all of its buses on natural gas for decades but the greenies are now demanding electric buses. I think the upfront costs will be far greater than the taxpayers would like to pay for. Some of those buses travel great distances daily. When I was a child they had street cars with overhead lines and tracks. They were unsightly but worked well. 

https://www.vox.com/2015/5/7/8562007/streetcar-history-demise

https://www.kcet.org/shows/lost-la/where-to-find-remnants-of-l-a-s-red-car-system

This might be a sign of generation gap... i.e.those who are born later do not know what has been done before but eager to catch up with the trending crowd and wind. A regression of time and things... 

Wondering if there is a town council muzeum or such, that keeps history of changes of a place over time?? 

Here, we are starting to have private effort that tries to remember evolution of  townsheds, e.g. exhibiting their historical significance, present development etc. 

Did a project about formation of my village when i was very young. Picked up left over task that no one wanted to interview senior citizens in vicinity for glimpse of light. Untold stories by official text books revealed how bias history books could be written sometimes.....

Image below shows how we could be told to believe, if we are not very concern over things or no time to care. Hence, Never trust books, professional,  particularly academicians, fully, without walking the ground, and hear stories  first hands... 

With muzeum, everything would be recorded as such, not erased or forgotten as wish... For future reference. 

IMG_20230602_212659.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2023 at 3:32 AM, notsonice said:

most used cars have acceptable pollution reduction capability or can be upgraded????

upgraded???? please explain how a used car can be upgraded for pollution reduction???? CASH FOR CLUNKERS....works great better just to scrap the 15 year plus old cars and buy a new hybrid or EV that will result in a huge pollution reduction.

You might have overlooked the intelligence of pioneer generation and how advanced their designs could be...

Used cars usually have more superior quality in terms of material used, thoughtfulness of designs, and lasting feature or sustainability. By using cleaner fuel e.g. short chain hydrocarbons that have no lead, no sulphur etc, the performance of old engines are tested to be more superior than most newly made cars... over a distance.

Upgrade is not even required, they are already in superior condition.

The scrap you mentioned might refer to those heavily used but low in usual maintenance. Or, cars that used fuel burdening the engines...

EV is good provided it can be manufactured and runs economically like golf carts on lead-acid battery? Mass production hastily would create more problems than being a solution intended. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/1/2023 at 11:57 PM, Ecocharger said:

The standard of living goes up for everyone, especially the poor, if Biden & Co. get turfed next time.

The stock market is high, unemployment low Inspite of a Coup attempt and a foreign war. The old man can nap and do less harm. 

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Boat said:

The stock market is high, unemployment low Inspite of a Coup attempt and a foreign war. The old man can nap and do less harm. 

There are a few very powerful youth could be ruining USA on purpose...

- by directing the approval of no debt ceiling

- by deploying nuclear weapons to all over europe.. 

This is a post from linkedin:

(See image attached)

And a reply of one of the readers:

"The provocation is possibly an act between Remnant nazis, remnant Jews surviving massacre in Europe who still live in europe, offsprings they produced and indian hong kees.

Those jews and their youngs, particularly friends of the richest Jews, rampaging their act. The attempt aims to create chaos and blame it on Germany, or Germany is the place of their origins to conquer the whole continent, an age old dream. 

Besides creating chaos, they also have short term aim to own the world or control everything within their likes. They do not have further plan what do they want to do with that. 

These small group will be the reason for repeated massacre of 6 millions jews, if their act is not interfered or halted in time. 

The leaders might not know what they are doing. These young grew arrogant having easy lives being friends of nephews or nieces of the leaders. They rampaging without hurdle, particularly when their fathers are at high posts in security, military or such, somewhere. 

The game is really easy. To ruin. Or to build. What with?

Tragedy fate of jews is odd. Since betrayal of Jesus leading to his death, they are nailed with this cycle of prosperity and zero- up with population. 

Change it or ignore it is a choice."

IMG_20230604_150022.jpg

IMG_20230603_235151.jpg

On 6/3/2023 at 12:15 AM, specinho said:

You might have overlooked the intelligence of pioneer generation and how advanced their designs could be...

Used cars usually have more superior quality in terms of material used, thoughtfulness of designs, and lasting feature or sustainability. By using cleaner fuel e.g. short chain hydrocarbons that have no lead, no sulphur etc, the performance of old engines are tested to be more superior than most newly made cars... over a distance.

Upgrade is not even required, they are already in superior condition.

The scrap you mentioned might refer to those heavily used but low in usual maintenance. Or, cars that used fuel burdening the engines...

EV is good provided it can be manufactured and runs economically like golf carts on lead-acid battery? Mass production hastily would create more problems than being a solution intended. 

the performance of old engines are tested to be more superior than most newly made cars????

they are already in superior condition.?????

What a load of crap........do you just make up BS for free or are you paid to troll?

(edited)

On 6/3/2023 at 10:05 PM, Boat said:

Biden & Co.'s projected plans are calculated to do great harm to the average and especially the poor American voter.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

Oil markets are robust going forward.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/IEA-Warns-Of-Higher-Oil-Prices-After-OPEC-Announcement.html

"OPEC+ has announced that it will extend its production cuts until 2024 while Saudi Arabia will reduce its production by 1 million bpd in July.

Fatih Birol, the Executive Director of the IEA, has warned that oil prices are now likely to move higher due to the OPEC+ decision.

The IEA was already expecting an imbalance in the oil market in the second half of the year, this move will worsen the supply-demand gap."

Edited by Ecocharger