JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

MG5 EV $19,000 in the UK

Until now, electric cars have typically been compact and low-range. Not anymore! MG5 EV offers huge amounts of space and 214 miles of electric range*. Featuring rapid charging capability, MG5 EV can charge to 80% in just 50 minutes from a 50kW charging point.

Packaged in a highly practical body style, MG5 EV offers a boot volume of 578 litres to the roof. This rises to 1,456 litres with the rear seats folded down and loaded to the roof. Inside the cabin, there’s plenty of room for five people to travel in comfort.

*from a single charge on the WLTP combined cycle: Combined Range 214 miles (344 km): City Range: 276 miles (444 km); Combined Driving Efficiency: 3.6 miles/kWh (17.5 kWh/100km)

 

DSC04871-Final-1-2400x1600

 

Jay, you are wearing that salesman's hat of yours in a jaunty way. But I am not sold on the hype. 

Both you and I are aware of the drawbacks of owning the EV, and both of us are smart enough to stick with the ICE vehicles. 

BMW is a strong company, and you know it well enough to drive one of their products as your own.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Oil demand is already ramping up in a huge way, and will be getting even higher numbers soon.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Jet-Fuel-Demand-Poised-For-A-30-Surge-During-Summer.html

"Demand is ramping up very quickly because everybody's driving, and we have the reopening of Europe, which is really starting to happen, while India seems to have hit an inflection point, in terms of cases, which in my mind could mean you also get a return of mobility," Francisco Blanch, global commodities and derivatives strategist at Bank of America, has told CNBC.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 6/11/2021 at 4:54 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

China Delivers Crushing Blow To Wind, Solar Power

By Irina Slav - Jun 11, 2021, 11:00 AM CDT

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/China-Delivers-Crushing-Blow-To-Wind-Solar-Power.html

Sorry, I did not realize that you had already posted this article. It's a big one.

Reality is starting to sink in for the green drive, if the Chinese government backs out of funding the green dream, it will not work.

The lesson for American policy makers? National bankruptcy is staring Washington in the face, because of the new Green Deal commitments. China has reacted by cutting green subsidies.

"Yet the reasons for the cut—and this year’s end of subsidies—were not exactly altruistic. China has amassed a massive debt pile in subsidies owed to wind and solar companies as a result of its previously generous support for new projects. The pile, according to a Bloomberg report from July last year, is worth about $42 billion."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

3 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Jay, you are wearing that salesman's hat of yours in a jaunty way. But I am not sold on the hype. 

Both you and I are aware of the drawbacks of owning the EV, and both of us are smart enough to stick with the ICE vehicles. 

BMW is a strong company, and you know it well enough to drive one of their products as your own.

Tesla is eating BMW's lunch and having Mercedes for dinner.  BMW is finally getting around to trying to defend their market share. California used to be a major BMW 3 and 4 series market. 4 series doesn't even make it into the top 5 now.

2017=image.png.1249ae83a6ff9c7832e67ccfe1d6f283.png 2020=image.png.2c1d32dfd87c1f50ac7cb2af367069e7.png

 

BMW goes after Tesla with new i4 electric sedan

BMW has revealed the production version of its latest electric car, called the i4.

A battery-powered sedan roughly the size of a Tesla Model 3, albeit slightly longer, the BMW i4 is priced from $55,400 and has a range of up to 300 miles. Although a smaller vehicle, the i4 is built on the same scalable platform as the iX and the iX3.

2022 bmw i4 m50i

https://www.gearbrain.com/bmw-i4-electric-sedan-revealed-2653203571.html

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Tesla is eating BMW's lunch and they are finally getting around to trying to defend their market share.

BMW goes after Tesla with new i4 electric sedan

BMW has revealed the production version of its latest electric car, called the i4.

A battery-powered sedan roughly the size of a Tesla Model 3, albeit slightly longer, the BMW i4 is priced from $55,400 and has a range of up to 300 miles. Although a smaller vehicle, the i4 is built on the same scalable platform as the iX and the iX3.

2022 bmw i4 m50i

https://www.gearbrain.com/bmw-i4-electric-sedan-revealed-2653203571.html

Have you ever wondered why Merkel has had it with the US? First BMW's market is getting stepped on, next she has to deal with VW retooling the lines and retraining the work force and then Musk is trying to get off the ground in Germany...LMAO the perfect storm has been set up in Germany.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2021 at 2:58 AM, notsonice said:

this is what an F150 looks like these days . It is a rare thing to find a newer long bed these days. Hard to squeeze in 2000 lbs in the shortbed. You cannot even haul a sheet of plywood. For the most part suburbanites buy them and drive them back and forth to work never hauling anything or towing anything. My guess at least 75 percent of all F150s never see real work. If you need one for hauling or going to jobsites an EV would be a bad choice. Why do people buy the 4 door shortbeds? Romance of owning a pickup truck?

2021 Ford F-150 review: Setting a higher bar - Roadshow

Do you live under a rock or in China? You are dissing thee most popular vehicle ever made...and the most profitable one along the way....long bed lol you are humorous...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2021 at 6:42 PM, notsonice said:

It looks like the Batmobile, works on solar
energy, and could be the future of cars

The Aptera can go 150 miles after just 15 minutes at an ordinary charging station. Starting price is $25,900.

 

Photos by Jane Hahn
Feb. 25, 2021
 
Home
 

Share

 
520

The dream began in 1955, with a tiny, toylike creation called the “Sunmobile.” Built from balsa wood and hobby shop tires, it was just 15 inches long. The 12 selenium solar cells that decorated its exterior produced less horsepower than an actual horse. But it was proof of a concept: Sunlight alone can make a vehicle run.

The years went on, and the dream evolved into a converted vintage buggy with solar panels on its roof. Then a glorified bicycle, a retiree’s garage project, a racecar that crossed the Mojave Desert at 51 miles per hour.

It is a dream of perpetual motion. Of travel that doesn’t do damage to the planet. Of journeys that last as long as the sun shines.

There are problems with this dream, big ones. Clouds come. Night falls. The laws of physics limit how efficiently solar panels can turn light into energy.

But one start-up claims it has overcome those problems. Now, its founders say, the dream can be yours for as little as $25,900.

Aptera Motors, a California company whose name comes from the ancient Greek for “wingless,” is rolling out the first mass-produced solar car this year. It’s a three-wheel, ultra-aerodynamic electric vehicle covered in 34 square feet of solar cells. The car is so efficient that, on a clear day, those cells alone could provide enough energy to drive about 40 miles — more than twice the distance of the average American’s commute.

The Aptera must undergo safety tests before the company can begin distribution, which it hopes to do by the end of this year. Even then, it’s not clear that consumers will want to buy something that looks like a cross between the Batmobile and a beetle. The shadow of an initial attempt, which ended in bankruptcy, hangs over the founders as they gear up to launch their new product.

But the Aptera’s creators, Chris Anthony and Steve Fambro, think the world needs a car like theirs. Transportation is the largest source of planet-warming pollution in the United States. The Biden administration has made it a priority to reduce vehicle emissions, and several major automakers have pledged to phase out cars and light trucks with internal combustion engines.

After years of dreaming, maybe the time for driving on sunshine is finally here.

Solar panel power

Anthony and Fambro didn’t set out to build a vehicle that could run on solar power. They just wanted to make a more efficient car.

Burning gasoline, it turns out, is not a very efficient way to travel; as much as four-fifths of the energy produced by an internal combustion engine is lost as heat, wasted overcoming wind resistance or used up by fuel pumps and other components, according to Energy Department data.

 

Still proving you can't do simple math like the idiot who wrote this article?  Bravo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Do you live under a rock or in China? You are dissing thee most popular vehicle ever made...and the most profitable one along the way....long bed lol you are humorous...

Well, only short bed PU I will ever buy is a PU they do not make anymore so... Vans or full length PU bed or bust.  Short bed PU's are a joke.  Just shows whoever owns one they NEVER haul anything and should own a different vehicle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Tesla is eating BMW's lunch and having Mercedes for dinner.  BMW is finally getting around to trying to defend their market share. California used to be a major BMW 3 and 4 series market. 4 series doesn't even make it into the top 5 now.

2017=image.png.1249ae83a6ff9c7832e67ccfe1d6f283.png 2020=image.png.2c1d32dfd87c1f50ac7cb2af367069e7.png

 

BMW goes after Tesla with new i4 electric sedan

BMW has revealed the production version of its latest electric car, called the i4.

A battery-powered sedan roughly the size of a Tesla Model 3, albeit slightly longer, the BMW i4 is priced from $55,400 and has a range of up to 300 miles. Although a smaller vehicle, the i4 is built on the same scalable platform as the iX and the iX3.

2022 bmw i4 m50i

https://www.gearbrain.com/bmw-i4-electric-sedan-revealed-2653203571.html

Again with the registrations....that is just nibbling at the margins. Look at the total vehicle stock numbers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Well, only short bed PU I will ever buy is a PU they do not make anymore so... Vans or full length PU bed or bust.  Short bed PU's are a joke.  Just shows whoever owns one they NEVER haul anything and should own a different vehicle.

Avaible in a HD trucks only and did I say ugly? If one takes a very close look at Ford you will find there is very little difference between a 1/2 ton and a HD truck, maybe 800/1000 lbs of payload capacity.

A note here for your thought processes, women make 80% of the buying decisions when buying a truck...LMAO 

  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

A note here for your thought processes, women make 80% of the buying decisions when buying a truck...LMAO 

I wouldn't know, as I have never bought new and it is meant for work, not to drive around town looking pretty🙄

PS: How does anyone afford to buy one of these trucks new?  I have never paid over $1500 for a truck... Ok, current one has primer for paint, but still... It is a work truck and has 150,000miles...  has diesel 4WD with compound low.... thanks kid, whoever you were who decided not to finish your painting project and your dad sold it cheap to me!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

9 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

PS: How does anyone afford to buy one of these trucks new? 

The answer would be a extremely complex, overly simplified mfg's actually project ALL truck inventory's both new and used 3/4 years out. When demand drops below production levels they created incentives to bolster demand. There are time the mfg's bleed money short term to sustain long term production level's....

The auto ind is actually quite matured in addressing market demand vs production levels, i find it absolutely hilarious watching this big push for EV's taking place and at the same time disgusted with the sheer volume of money being wasted to chase the dream.

When EV's can be built at a price point of 35k in midsize sedan and the dealership can retain a $3000 profit margin failure might not occur...there are so many obstacles to overcome for EV'S it almost defies imagination..Watch Germany closely they are headed for imminent disaster if they attempt to reshape VW. 

The average US citizen who would purchase a EV cannot even afford to install the proper plug in facility for the new Jalopy...Think driving by apartment builds and seeing 50/100 power cords hooked up to their new toy's (illegal)..or getting a power lines installed in ones town home...think association rules and red tape from hell..Now those little things are just mere speed bumps in the grand picture of things.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Think driving by apartment builds and seeing 50/100 power cords hooked up to their new toy's (illegal)..or getting a power lines installed in ones town home...think association rules and red tape from hell..Now those little things are just mere speed bumps in the grand picture of things.

You are quite correct concerning the adequacy of convenient charging power available for EV's parked on streets or open lots.  There is a considerable fraction of vehicle users that are forced into that situation by circumstance.  That will have to be solved (and I don't see an easy solution).

As for impediments  for "installing power lines", those right-of-ways (or easements) are already in place.  While upgrades to the distribution elements may may be required, the legal rights for the distribution utility to do so already exist.

New transmission corridors can indeed be an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

 

The auto ind is actually quite matured in addressing market demand vs production levels, i find it absolutely hilarious watching this big push for EV's taking place and at the same time disgusted with the sheer volume of money being wasted to chase the dream.

 

The automotive manufactures are on board with the "push" and are mostly spending their own R&D money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, -trance said:

The automotive manufactures are on board with the "push" and are mostly spending their own R&D money.

 

Trance i was apart of that industry for 40 yrs, the industry is not even close to doing anything of consequence...not even close. The green community is being given a pacifier...they work wonders with the very young..aka the crying goes away.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

16 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Do you live under a rock or in China? You are dissing thee most popular vehicle ever made...and the most profitable one along the way....long bed lol you are humorous...

you are babbling bs again as usual. sock puppet

Edited by notsonice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Trance i was apart of that industry for 40 yrs, the industry is not even close to doing anything of consequence...not even close. The green community is being given a pacifier...they work wonders with the very young..aka the crying goes away.

Those "very young" will be those USING new vehicles in the not-to-distant future.

I wonder what they will buy or lease?

Hmmmm....

Edited by turbguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

I wouldn't know, as I have never bought new and it is meant for work, not to drive around town looking pretty🙄

PS: How does anyone afford to buy one of these trucks new?  I have never paid over $1500 for a truck... Ok, current one has primer for paint, but still... It is a work truck and has 150,000miles...  has diesel 4WD with compound low.... thanks kid, whoever you were who decided not to finish your painting project and your dad sold it cheap to me!

I buy new every 2 to 3 years, but my trucks get used (not abused), and I need a nice truck when I pull up in a customers driveway as appearances do matter to your future prospect for a job. Shouldn't but it does....... last 2018 350 4door longbed diesel was 73k Lariat not Platinum package. My old 01 has new used 7.3 swapped, front diff switched rebuilt trans......259k and goes 80 miles round trip 2 to 3 times weekly to Peoria County landfill. Never take a nice ride up in that trash heap or you'll regret it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

I buy new every 2 to 3 years, but my trucks get used (not abused), and I need a nice truck when I pull up in a customers driveway as appearances do matter to your future prospect for a job. Shouldn't but it does....... last 2018 350 4door longbed diesel was 73k Lariat not Platinum package. My old 01 has new used 7.3 swapped, front diff switched rebuilt trans......259k and goes 80 miles round trip 2 to 3 times weekly to Peoria County landfill. Never take a nice ride up in that trash heap or you'll regret it.

Pulling up in a new Ford Lighting will certainly impress your customers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

5 hours ago, turbguy said:

Those "very young" will be those USING new vehicles in the not-to-distant future.

I wonder what they will buy or lease?

Hmmmm....

I live in a very green oriented community and the young do not participate in EV's, even Hybrids are a dead issue here once upon a time Portland Oregon was a mecca for Hybrids..its game over now.

Leasing you say? LOL Musk has been taught the lesson already, without govt subsides that leasing adventure would have tubbed Tesla..aka the lease return's were killing his bottom line.

YR MODEL 2017

https://www.inc.com/justin-bariso/with-a-single-tweet-elon-musk-showed-what-makes-tesla-different-from-everyone-el.html

With a Single Tweet, Elon Musk Showed Why You Should Lease a Tesla (Instead of Buying One)

This ain't your mom and pop's car company.

YR MODEL 2021

Report of a Model 3 leasing program could be a bad sign for Tesla investors

We’ve been reluctant to introduce leasing on Model 3 because of its effect on GAAP financials,” Musk said on the call.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/20/reports-of-a-model-3-leasing-program-could-be-a-bad-sign-for-tesla.html

 

Tesla seeks rent reductions to cut costs amid outbreak

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla-seeks-rent-reductions-to-cut-costs-amid-outbreak-2020-04-13

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Pulling up in a new Ford Lighting will certainly impress your customers. 

Fords and Chevys in Silver is best

Edited by Old-Ruffneck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

I live in a very green oriented community and the young do not participate in EV's, even Hybrids are a dead issue here once upon a time Portland Oregon was a mecca for Hybrids..its game over now.

Leasing you say? LOL Musk has been taught the lesson already, without govt subsides that leasing adventure would have tubbed Tesla..aka the lease return's were killing his bottom line.

https://www.inc.com/justin-bariso/with-a-single-tweet-elon-musk-showed-what-makes-tesla-different-from-everyone-el.html

With a Single Tweet, Elon Musk Showed Why You Should Lease a Tesla (Instead of Buying One)

This ain't your mom and pop's car company.

 

Report of a Model 3 leasing program could be a bad sign for Tesla investors

We’ve been reluctant to introduce leasing on Model 3 because of its effect on GAAP financials,” Musk said on the call.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/20/reports-of-a-model-3-leasing-program-could-be-a-bad-sign-for-tesla.html

 

Tesla seeks rent reductions to cut costs amid outbreak

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla-seeks-rent-reductions-to-cut-costs-amid-outbreak-2020-04-13

Tesla offers leasing on every model including the Model 3: https://www.tesla.com/support/tesla-leasing

And you do know that the Prius isn't the only hybrid anymore? I don't think your eyes are wide open enough.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

20 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Fords and Chevys in Silver is best

It's a Ford and it comes in silver.

Reservations | Ford® F-150 Lightning Electric Truck

Electric Ford F-150 Lightning unveiled with 'frunk' and price under $40K |  Fox News

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Tesla offers leasing on every model including the Model 3: https://www.tesla.com/support/tesla-leasing

And you do know that the Prius isn't the only hybrid anymore? I don't think your eyes are wide open enough.

LOL ok its been 5 yrs, In regards to Prius, i am quite sure it outsells the entire market combined. But boat anchors are in high demand so there is hope for the lost souls...

https://afdc.energy.gov/data/10301

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Pulling up in a new Ford Lighting will certainly impress your customers. 

How would you know, Jay?  You are still putt-putting around in an ICE vehicle which you own. 

Going forward, EV's will continue to be second or third family vehicles, with the ICE vehicles in first and second place in actual use for a family. The EV's will just be show-vehicles for well-off Americans to display their progressive intentions and sense of community responsibility.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.