JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

"Polluting"?  No, those tailpipes are controllable.

Yes, with EVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Here is how it works in the markets for "clean" energy production, when supply constraints for steel, copper and other scarce inputs begin to ramp up and squeeze the output of the renewable industries.

https://www.reuters.com/business/sustainable-business/global-supply-chain-squeeze-soaring-costs-threaten-solar-energy-boom-2021-06-09/?fbclid=IwAR3Mh_hWLyqamO9ID0n8kAsSRwXYwda-TyOsqFb53BlSCykvOCLJJapqPJE

"Among the biggest headwinds for solar is a tripling in prices for steel, a key component in racks that hold solar panels, and polysilicon, the raw material used in panels.

Soaring shipping freight rates along with higher costs for fuel, copper and labor are also pinching project costs, company executives said.

Research firm IHS Markit warned last week that its global solar installation forecast for the year could slide to 156 gigawatts from a current projection of 181 GW if price pressures do not ease."

"Wall Street has also punished the sector in recent weeks, sending the MAC Global Solar index (.SUNIDX) down 24% this year after it tripled in 2020.

'STILL WAITING'

Project developers in the United States, the No. 2 solar market behind China, told Reuters they are struggling to price projects for 2022 given the lack of clarity on how long price spikes will last."

How long they will last? This is nothing compared to input supply squeezes going forward for renewables.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Great Response! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2021 at 3:45 AM, Jay McKinsey said:

Yes, with EVs.

Controllable by themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Illinois is poised to become the first state in the Midwest to ban coal-burning power plants

Illinois, one of the nation’s largest producers of coal, is on the verge of becoming the first Midwest state to ban energy companies from burning the lung-damaging, climate-changing fossil fuel to generate electricity.

 

The end of gas-fired power might not be far behind.

Phasing out the combustion fuels — coal by 2035 and gas a decade later — is a key element of Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s plans to move Illinois into a clean energy future.

https://www.pantagraph.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/as-legislature-reconvenes-illinois-is-poised-to-become-the-first-state-in-the-midwest-to/article_e4ca0c14-b6dc-537e-a1ed-1e1f00db12ed.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

 

Illinois is poised to become the first state in the Midwest to ban coal-burning power plants

Illinois, one of the nation’s largest producers of coal, is on the verge of becoming the first Midwest state to ban energy companies from burning the lung-damaging, climate-changing fossil fuel to generate electricity.

 

The end of gas-fired power might not be far behind.

Phasing out the combustion fuels — coal by 2035 and gas a decade later — is a key element of Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s plans to move Illinois into a clean energy future.

https://www.pantagraph.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/as-legislature-reconvenes-illinois-is-poised-to-become-the-first-state-in-the-midwest-to/article_e4ca0c14-b6dc-537e-a1ed-1e1f00db12ed.html

 

Outnumbered by states with some sanity left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oil is going to continue with hot demand projections, and high prices, thanks to Biden & Co. The Prez will be on the hot seat himself if his supporters in the streets get shafted with high gasoline prices. Look for the Chief to backtrack with high speed.

 

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/100-Oil-Predictions-Soar-As-Analysts-Warn-Of-Supply-Crisis.html

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

The pushback has begun, not surprising at all, even Biden & Co. must have known that the axe would eventually fall on their radical Green Dream. When oil breaks above $80, look for Biden & Co. to get denounced by their own supporters in the streets. Those folks who voted Biden into office depend on their own second-hand ICE vehicles to travel around, and so do middle class ICE SUV owners, whose summer travel plans are going to be priced higher thanks to the Biden ban.

"A Louisiana federal judge has blocked President Biden’s ban on new oil leases on federal lands by issuing a preliminary injunction.

According to a Wall Street Journal report, the administration had no right to stop leasing federal lands for oil and gas drilling without approval from Congress."

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Judge-Blocks-Bidens-Ban-On-Oil-Leasing.html

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Oil is going to continue with hot demand projections, and high prices, thanks to Biden & Co. The Prez will be on the hot seat himself if his supporters in the streets get shafted with high gasoline prices. Look for the Chief to backtrack with high speed.

 

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/100-Oil-Predictions-Soar-As-Analysts-Warn-Of-Supply-Crisis.html

After decades of massive imports the US is net oil/nat gas independent. So your oil price spikes are from the Saudi and the Russians, primarily. Being a lying Republican shill doesn’t change the facts. In fact millions of barrels of refined petroleum products get exported every day. There is no lack of oil in the US. In fact millions of barrels from Canada also get refined and sold on the world market that has nothing to do with US consumption. Biden knows this and does nothing about it. Biden knows about flaring and does nothing about it. He’s just playing games, looking environmentally tough, while our air is polluted. Get woke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing for sure, like the sun comes up, drillers in the US will add rigs and pump oil until prices drop. They can’t help it. Watch those rig counts. They be a-growing. 
Down the road the Saudi/coalition will react and dump oil on the market to drive them out. It’s like Groundhog Day all over again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

44 minutes ago, Boat said:

One thing for sure, like the sun comes up, drillers in the US will add rigs and pump oil until prices drop. They can’t help it. Watch those rig counts. They be a-growing. 
Down the road the Saudi/coalition will react and dump oil on the market to drive them out. It’s like Groundhog Day all over again.

Possibly, but the market is betting that Biden & Co. mean business and will restrict American oil production somehow. He could impose high taxes on oil production, which would jack up gasoline prices at the pump.

But long-term, if that happens, Biden's grassroots supporters will get shafted with high gasoline prices, and will turf the guy out of the White House. Such is politics.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Possibly, but the market is betting that Biden & Co. mean business and will restrict American oil production somehow. He could impose high taxes on oil production, which would jack up gasoline prices at the pump.

But long-term, if that happens, Biden's grassroots supporters will get shafted with high gasoline prices, and will turf the guy out of the White House. Such is politics.

Lot of ifs and will that happen. I will stick with the idea that OPEC controls prices and we have been at their mercy for decades. We don’t have a US oil market. The US is just one cog in an international oil market machine. Your just playing politics. As mentioned the US is net oil independent. If the US drops production to the point we rely on imports you might have a point. But that hasent happened. As demand recovers so far US drilling has amped up enough to cover it. 
You are potentially right about one thing, speculation not based on fundamentals can and will drive prices. Traders love to use the “fear” factor to drive prices up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

 

Illinois is poised to become the first state in the Midwest to ban coal-burning power plants

Illinois, one of the nation’s largest producers of coal, is on the verge of becoming the first Midwest state to ban energy companies from burning the lung-damaging, climate-changing fossil fuel to generate electricity.

 

The end of gas-fired power might not be far behind.

Phasing out the combustion fuels — coal by 2035 and gas a decade later — is a key element of Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s plans to move Illinois into a clean energy future.

https://www.pantagraph.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/as-legislature-reconvenes-illinois-is-poised-to-become-the-first-state-in-the-midwest-to/article_e4ca0c14-b6dc-537e-a1ed-1e1f00db12ed.html

 

Powergen in the UK is going one way and that's zero carbon and renewables/nuclear.

Currently this is the situation

https://grid.iamkate.com/

By 2025 there will be no coal whatsoever.

Almost every oil and gas supply chain company has diversified into offshore wind and the push for this is incredible with projects ongoing until the UK is solely reliable on zero carbon powergen by 2050, although this is trying to be fast tracked to 2035. An estimated 60GW of mainly wind power is required, currently about 24.6GW. Many other European countries are doing the same thing although the UK appears to be leading the way in this (rightly or wrongly).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Powergen in the UK is going one way and that's zero carbon and renewables/nuclear.

Currently this is the situation

https://grid.iamkate.com/

By 2025 there will be no coal whatsoever.

Almost every oil and gas supply chain company has diversified into offshore wind and the push for this is incredible with projects ongoing until the UK is solely reliable on zero carbon powergen by 2050, although this is trying to be fast tracked to 2035. An estimated 60GW of mainly wind power is required, currently about 24.6GW. Many other European countries are doing the same thing although the UK appears to be leading the way in this (rightly or wrongly).

 

 

Again, the big picture shows that EV's are a small proportion of total vehicle stock, there is still huge demand in Europe for oil and natural gas. The whole drive for electric may falter if the underlying world climate panic subsides, which it will soon.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bloomberg report states,

"Global energy demand is fast recovering from the devastation wrought by the pandemic, and the positive signal from India will help to support the bullish narrative. Brent crude, the global benchmark, has rallied back above $70 a barrel, and leading traders including Trafigura Group and Glencore Plc say that more gains are in store. India is a leading oil importer, taking the bulk of its cargoes from producers in the Middle East, including Saudi Arabia and Iraq."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Again, the big picture shows that EV's are a small proportion of total vehicle stock, there is still huge demand in Europe for oil and natural gas. The whole drive for electric may falter if the underlying world climate panic subsides, which it will soon.

They are small at the moment but give them 5 years and they will be significant in Europe. The US I think is different as commutes are longer and the range needs to be there which it isnt at present, also company cars arent offered as a perk as they are in Europe and the tax incentives are too much to ignore.

Just seen this regarding pollution most of which will be caused by traffic.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-deaths-in-englands-first-wave-were-70-higher-in-areas-with-worst-air-pollution-study-finds-12334365

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont see oil demand dwindling any time soon as developing countries will be driving the demand

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

As in all grandiose concepts this Green Energy concept is now just beginning to enjoy the TRANSTION period. 

How much longer will the citizens of California&Texas have to endure windmills..Today it is Brown Outs, what does tomorrow bring, Black Outs and empty coffers?

Sweltering Texans urged to reduce cooking and cleaning to ease grid strain

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/16/texas-power-grid-conservation-heat-wave

Flex Alert issued for Thursday as extreme heat strains California’s energy grid

https://ktla.com/news/california/flex-alert-issued-for-thursday-as-extreme-heat-strains-californias-energy-grid/

 

Mean while in other breaking news! In a Race to the bottom California will NOT BE undone. 

Nearly $1 billion restored to California bullet train after Biden officials reverse Trump

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-06-11/california-high-speed-rail-money-restored-by-biden-adminstration

 

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

They are small at the moment but give them 5 years and they will be significant in Europe. The US I think is different as commutes are longer and the range needs to be there which it isnt at present, also company cars arent offered as a perk as they are in Europe and the tax incentives are too much to ignore.

Just seen this regarding pollution most of which will be caused by traffic.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-deaths-in-englands-first-wave-were-70-higher-in-areas-with-worst-air-pollution-study-finds-12334365

I hear that line "Give them time..." repeatedly with reference to EV's to explain their tiny share of the vehicle stock. I do not give them time, because I believe that time is not on their side. The climate panic will subside and then the mistaken government policies which have sustained EV production will collapse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

They are small at the moment but give them 5 years and they will be significant in Europe. The US I think is different as commutes are longer and the range needs to be there which it isnt at present, also company cars arent offered as a perk as they are in Europe and the tax incentives are too much to ignore.

Just seen this regarding pollution most of which will be caused by traffic.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-deaths-in-englands-first-wave-were-70-higher-in-areas-with-worst-air-pollution-study-finds-12334365

Toxic chemicals can be controlled, and the problem seems to be a lack of standards.

"In March, the Court of Justice of the European Union rebuked the UK for "systematically and persistently" exceeding legal limits for dangerous nitrogen dioxide since 2010, and failing in its legal duties to clean up dirty air."

This is a controllable problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2021 at 5:09 PM, turbguy said:

If price rises too high, we will see people reusing plastic water bottles and buying EV's while dumping ICE's.

There wouldn't be enough electricity for many electric vehicles. Fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.