JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

You and that conservative confusion.

The graphic clearly says "U.S."

The small EVs you are referring to are not part of my post or a part of US sales. However GM manufactures the MiniEV in China as part of a joint venture with SAIC.

Do enlighten me as to this 255% value...you know 8th grade stuff...LMAO.

The growth of the all-electric segment is three times higher than the overall market, which increased 36%. It allowed an expansion of BEV market share from 1.6% in 2020 to 2.3%.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

7 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Do enlighten me as to this 255% value...you know 8th grade stuff...LMAO.

The growth of the all-electric segment is three times higher than the overall market, which increased 36%. It allowed an expansion of BEV market share from 1.6% in 2020 to 2.3%.

I think 3rd graders should be able to handle it. From Q2 2020 to Q2 2021 BEV sales increased by 254.9%. 

image.png.d01273be4ea02e777b7b13828205eec8.png

You confused market share growth with growth of units sold. But thanks for pointing out that BEV growth is 3x faster than ICE.

(edited)

Let's do a little survey.

This is a list of largest manufacturers by production in 2020.[18]

Rank Group Country Vehicles
1 Volkswagen Group Germany 9.33 Million
2 Toyota Group Japan 7.20 Million
3 Renault–Nissan–Mitsubishi Alliance France/Japan 6.83 Million
4 General Motors United States 6.76 Million
5 Hyundai-Kia South Korea 6.69 Million
6 FCA Italy/United States 4.05 Million
7 Ford Group United States 3.97 Million
8 Honda Motor Japan 3.84 Million
9 Groupe PSA France 2.83 Million
10 Daimler AG Germany 2.43 Million

Volkswagen - Volkswagen will go all-electric in Europe by 2035, US and China to follow shortly after. 

Toyota - Introducing 15 new BEV by 2025

Renault Nissan - 90% battery electric vehicles in 2030

General Motors - GM plans to exclusively offer electric vehicles by 2035, ending production of its cars, trucks and SUVs with diesel- and gasoline-powered engines.

Hyundai - No clear goal but investing heavily in EVs. Building US factory for EV production.

Stellantis (FCA PSA) - Targeting over 70 percent of sales in Europe and over 40 percent in the United States to be low emission vehicle (LEV) by 2030 All 14 brands committed to offering best-in-class fully electrified solutions

Ford - Ford expects 40% of its sales globally to be electric vehicles by the end of this decade under a new plan to increase investment in EVs to $30 billion through 2025

Honda - The automaker plans for 40% of its North American offerings to be electric or hydrogen by 2030, with plans to field its own platforms after 2025.

Mercedes - All electric by 2035

Yep @Ecocharger no one is expecting EVs to be important in the foreseeable future. /sarcasm

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

4 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I think 3rd graders should be able to handle it. From Q2 2020 to Q2 2021 BEV sales increased by 254.9%. 

You confused market share growth with growth of units sold. But thanks for pointing out that BEV growth is 3x faster than ICE.

Growth percentages are not interesting numbers when you start from a small base, that is kid's stuff, which you like to prattle on about.

What counts is market SHARE, and that is still tiny, tiny, tiny,   like the intelligence quotient  creating empty rhetoric behind the Green Brigade.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

2 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Let's do a little survey.

This is a list of largest manufacturers by production in 2020.[18]

Rank Group Country Vehicles
1 Volkswagen Group Germany 9.33 Million
2 Toyota Group Japan 7.20 Million
3 Renault–Nissan–Mitsubishi Alliance France/Japan 6.83 Million
4 General Motors United States 6.76 Million
5 Hyundai-Kia South Korea 6.69 Million
6 FCA Italy/United States 4.05 Million
7 Ford Group United States 3.97 Million
8 Honda Motor Japan 3.84 Million
9 Groupe PSA France 2.83 Million
10 Daimler AG Germany 2.43 Million

Volkswagen - Volkswagen will go all-electric in Europe by 2035, US and China to follow shortly after. 

Toyota - Introducing 15 new BEV by 2025

Renault Nissan - 90% battery electric vehicles in 2030

General Motors - GM plans to exclusively offer electric vehicles by 2035, ending production of its cars, trucks and SUVs with diesel- and gasoline-powered engines.

Hyundai - No clear goal but investing heavily in EVs. Building US factory for EV production.

Stellantis (FCA PSA) - Targeting over 70 percent of sales in Europe and over 40 percent in the United States to be low emission vehicle (LEV) by 2030 All 14 brands committed to offering best-in-class fully electrified solutions

Ford - Ford expects 40% of its sales globally to be electric vehicles by the end of this decade under a new plan to increase investment in EVs to $30 billion through 2025

Honda - The automaker plans for 40% of its North American offerings to be electric or hydrogen by 2030, with plans to field its own platforms after 2025.

Mercedes - All electric by 2035

Yep @Ecocharger no one is expecting EVs to be important in the foreseeable future. /sarcasm

"Expects" and "plans" do not amount to a hill of beans.

I'll tell you what I "expect" and "plan" for....the new climate science which will overturn the nonsense which is responsible for the electric/EV/Green mantras.

Check out that new article I cited above, it is turning the world of science upside down and creating a frenzy of anguish among Greenies.

Edited by Ecocharger

3 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Growth percentages are not interesting numbers when you start from a small base, that is kid's stuff, which you like to prattle on about.

What counts is market SHARE, and that is still tiny, tiny, tiny,   like the intelligence quotient  creating empty rhetoric behind the Green Brigade.

Not so tiny in Europe, China or California. Next up is the whole USA. Growing fast!

3 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

"Expects" and "plans" do not amount to a hill of beans.

I'll tell you what I "expect" and "plan" for....the new climate science which will overturn the nonsense which is responsible for the electric/EV/Green mantras.

Check out that new article I cited above, it is turning the world of science upside down and creating a frenzy of anguish among Greenies.

You must be a business genius. Plans involving investing billions today for an outcome tomorrow aren't worth beans you say.

No one has even noticed she wrote a new paper. You should check out all the papers debunking her at every turn. Like you said your expectations and plans for new climate science don't amount to a hill of beans.

7 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

In short EV's are trending down yr model after yr model in the US. Question...is the ev market in such desperate circumstances that you feel the need to post such...Well BS.

• Haha 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

10 years ago solar and wind was less 3% of US electrical production. (solar was less than .1% tiny tiny tiny) What counts is market SHARE??? Yep and now Wind and Solar now are 15 percent of the US electrical production. Do you have a good guess where it will be in 10 years? 30 to 40 percent??  tiny tiny tiny?? How is that working out for the Coal mining business?? empty rhetoric??? Kids Stuff???

Edited by notsonice

55 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

In short EV's are trending down yr model after yr model in the US. Question...is the ev market in such desperate circumstances that you feel the need to post such...Well BS.

Good golly you be dense. 2021 is on the left and 2020 is on the right.

Seriously, you posted numbers showing the EV market was growing, how can you now claim the opposite???

• Upvote 1

(edited)

The Chinese car market, the largest car market in the world, has officially been disrupted! For those of you who don't know, 10% penetration into a market by a new technology is considered the threshold for disruption.

"Share-wise, June also witnessed a record month for PEV, hitting 15% (12% full electrics/BEVs). This pulled the 2021 share to 11% (9% BEV), and considering that the second half of the year is usually China’s strongest, we can now safely assume that the country’s plugin vehicle market share will end well above the 10% mark this year, and the total tally of the year will exceed 2 million deliveries!"

Top-20-plugin-vehicles-in-China-June-2021-CleanTechnica-logo.png

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Renewable energy is growing faster than coal in China:

chart.png

On 7/22/2021 at 11:45 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

Not so tiny in Europe, China or California. Next up is the whole USA. Growing fast!

Everything is "growing fast". But there is only room for the fittest to survive.

There is a big showdown coming in Texas between solar and oil, these are the two guys fighting over top dog status, and there is only room for one of them in town. The other guy will have to pack up and ride out.

I know who gets my bets.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Clash-Of-the-Energy-Titans-Oil-vs-Solar.html

8 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Renewable energy is growing faster than coal in China:

chart.png

These are just new installations, total power supplied would show a much different story...I notice that coal is up and more planned.

Jay, you always seem to have trouble with numbers. Now there you go again, as a former President liked to say.

11 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

The Chinese car market, the largest car market in the world, has officially been disrupted! For those of you who don't know, 10% penetration into a market by a new technology is considered the threshold for disruption.

"Share-wise, June also witnessed a record month for PEV, hitting 15% (12% full electrics/BEVs). This pulled the 2021 share to 11% (9% BEV), and considering that the second half of the year is usually China’s strongest, we can now safely assume that the country’s plugin vehicle market share will end well above the 10% mark this year, and the total tally of the year will exceed 2 million deliveries!"

Top-20-plugin-vehicles-in-China-June-2021-CleanTechnica-logo.png

Still marginal penetration into the market...ho hum.

(edited)

On 7/22/2021 at 11:50 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

You must be a business genius. Plans involving investing billions today for an outcome tomorrow aren't worth beans you say.

No one has even noticed she wrote a new paper. You should check out all the papers debunking her at every turn. Like you said your expectations and plans for new climate science don't amount to a hill of beans.

Jay, EVERYONE has noticed that she published a new comprehensive paper. Don't worry about that.

No one has the courage to challenge her work, that explains the silence.

Her work is consistent with the other major research on solar variables by scientists in the U.S., Japan, Finland, and Britain. The new climate science is sweeping the opposition out the door.

Edited by Ecocharger

2 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Jay, EVERYONE has noticed that she published a new comprehensive paper. Don't worry about that.

No one has the courage to challenge her work, that explains the silence.

It means everyone has moved on, she's yesterday's news, more important things to do.

23 hours ago, notsonice said:

10 years ago solar and wind was less 3% of US electrical production. (solar was less than .1% tiny tiny tiny) What counts is market SHARE??? Yep and now Wind and Solar now are 15 percent of the US electrical production. Do you have a good guess where it will be in 10 years? 30 to 40 percent??  tiny tiny tiny?? How is that working out for the Coal mining business?? empty rhetoric??? Kids Stuff???

In ten years, the Green Dream will be totally discredited in the political world, and we will not be having this conversation.

The true social costs of this subsidized cauldron of fiscal disaster will produce a financial meltdown in the countries which attempt to buy into renewables and EVs. The Green Dream will become a historical curiosity.

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

It means everyone has moved on, she's yesterday's news, more important things to do.

The new climate science has won the high ground in the public debate, and exposed the weakness of the models being used to support the Green Dream. The Green Dream is out on its feet, like a knocked-out fighter staggering around a ring which he no longer owns.

But to answer your question, yes, the would-be defenders of the discredited CO2 hypothesis have wisely decided to move on and not get into a fight with the new climate science of solar variables. 

Discretion is the better part of valor.

Edited by Ecocharger

2 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

The new climate science has won the high ground in the public debate, and exposed the weakness of the models being used to support the Green Dream. The Green Dream is out on its feet, like a knocked-out fighter staggering around a ring which he no longer owns.

That is no doubt why Japan just announced their new plan for 2030

Under its new plan, the country aims to reduce its use of coal to generate electricity from 26% to 19% and to reduce the use of LNG from 56% to 41%.

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

That is no doubt why Japan just announced their new plan for 2030

Under its new plan, the country aims to reduce its use of coal to generate electricity from 26% to 19% and to reduce the use of LNG from 56% to 41%.

"Plans" are only as good as the science which supports them, change the science and the plans become irrelevant and are swept aside with yesterday's garbage.

But to answer your question, yes, the would-be defenders of the discredited CO2 hypothesis have wisely decided to move on and not get into a fight with the new climate science of solar variables. 

Edited by Ecocharger

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

"Plans" are only as good as the science which supports them, change the science and the plans become irrelevant and are swept aside with yesterdays garbage.

Well if they just made this plan then they certainly haven't been overtaken by your new science. When exactly can we expect this great revolution of yours? I'll put it on my calendar.

Just now, Jay McKinsey said:

Well if they just made this plan then they certainly haven't been overtaken by your new science. When exactly can we expect this great revolution of yours? I'll put it on my calendar.

It's already happened, Jay. I gave you the links and you have not said a peep about them. That tells me everything I need to know.

But to answer your previous question, yes, the would-be defenders of the discredited CO2 hypothesis have wisely decided to move on and not get into a fight with the new climate science of solar variables. 

(edited)

29 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

It's already happened, Jay. I gave you the links and you have not said a peep about them. That tells me everything I need to know.

But to answer your previous question, yes, the would-be defenders of the discredited CO2 hypothesis have wisely decided to move on and not get into a fight with the new climate science of solar variables. 

I've said plenty about your links. If it already happened then it had no affect whatsoever. The world is moving on with total disregard for your new "science".

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

40 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

These are just new installations, total power supplied would show a much different story...I notice that coal is up and more planned.

Jay, you always seem to have trouble with numbers. Now there you go again, as a former President liked to say.

Chinese government disagrees with you. But then you have never been good with reality.

China to further cut coal use in 2021

BEIJING, April 22 (Xinhua) -- China aims to reduce the share of coal in its energy mix to less than 56 percent this year, according to a guideline released by the National Energy Administration (NEA).

The proportion was 56.8 percent in 2020 and 57.7 percent in 2019.

In 2021, China plans to further replace coal in final energy consumption with electricity equivalent to 200 billion kilowatt-hours, while increasing the proportion of electricity in final energy consumption to 28 percent, said the document.

In the face of the issue of global climate change, China has announced its goal to peak its carbon dioxide emissions before 2030 and become carbon-neutral by 2060. Enditem

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2021-04/23/c_139899428.htm

Edited by Jay McKinsey