JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, specinho said:

:oyou are the reason the greenies and the government officers are so scared of CO2?? O.o

 

No just trying to bring sense to  the short term studies of academics and management afraid to spend a dime for a better future.  Any damage done after the human body crosses from an anabolic metabolism to at catabolic metabolism (age 20-25 years old) never gets repaired  and accumulates. Damage to your body at age 30 is still there unrepaired a t age 60 and is worse at 70, If it occurs at 15 your body has a chance to repair before it become permanent.  It is called biophysics and quantum biology.  Tha tis why papers cited published before 2005 are fit for bathroom use. ttps://www.ted.com/talks/jim_al_khalili_how_quantum_biology_might_explain_life_s_biggest_questions/transcript

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Houston I believe when co2 gets to 1400 the stay inside alert goes off. This happens several times per year. This long term lung abuse over decades is why immune systems are vulnerable in older age. This is one of the major factors of getting COVID. Heart attacks, hypertension and lipid metabolism/diabetes are also from pollution or pollution is a contributing factor. This is the primary reason I preach anti nat gas flaring and foreign oil refining. That pollution can be eliminated without hurting consumption. That pollution is ludicrous and self inflicted.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Here is an intelligent pathway forward, investing in reforestation.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Is-Carbon-Neutral-Oil-Really-Possible.html

"In June 2019, Shell said that it would deliver carbon-neutral LNG cargoes to GS Energy and Tokyo Gas. Shell has used carbon credits to compensate for the CO2 emissions generated by each cargo, from gas production to the final consumer. Shell says that “the terms ‘carbon neutral’, ‘carbon off-set’ or ‘carbon off-set compensation’ indicate that Shell has engaged in a transaction to ensure that an amount of carbon dioxide equivalent to that associated with the production, delivery and usage of the fuel has been removed from the atmosphere through a nature-based process or emissions saved through avoided deforestation.”

The nature-based projects for this particular deal included the Katingan Peatland Restoration and Conservation Project in Indonesia and the Cordillera Azul National Park Project in Peru."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Here is an intelligent pathway forward, investing in reforestation.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Is-Carbon-Neutral-Oil-Really-Possible.html

"In June 2019, Shell said that it would deliver carbon-neutral LNG cargoes to GS Energy and Tokyo Gas. Shell has used carbon credits to compensate for the CO2 emissions generated by each cargo, from gas production to the final consumer. Shell says that “the terms ‘carbon neutral’, ‘carbon off-set’ or ‘carbon off-set compensation’ indicate that Shell has engaged in a transaction to ensure that an amount of carbon dioxide equivalent to that associated with the production, delivery and usage of the fuel has been removed from the atmosphere through a nature-based process or emissions saved through avoided deforestation.”

The nature-based projects for this particular deal included the Katingan Peatland Restoration and Conservation Project in Indonesia and the Cordillera Azul National Park Project in Peru."

I believe they might do even better with adding a marine-based path.

There's a lot of calcium carbonate to be made in Davy Jones Locker.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2021 at 8:24 AM, Ecocharger said:

 "Higher gasoline costs, if left unchecked, risk harming the ongoing global recovery," he added.

mm.... on one point, they are quick to denounce contribution of fossil fuel on affordable economy, trying to end coal, nuclear, gas etc without providing appropriate alternatives except immatured, costly, space consuming technologies in trend. On the other point, they are wondering why the prices of fossil fuel are sky rocketing and want them to be in checked....... 9_9

 

  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 8/13/2021 at 9:14 AM, nsdp said:

No just trying to bring sense to  the short term studies of academics and management afraid to spend a dime for a better future.  Any damage done after the human body crosses from an anabolic metabolism to at catabolic metabolism (age 20-25 years old) never gets repaired  and accumulates. Damage to your body at age 30 is still there unrepaired a t age 60 and is worse at 70, If it occurs at 15 your body has a chance to repair before it become permanent.  It is called biophysics and quantum biology.  Tha tis why papers cited published before 2005 are fit for bathroom use. ttps://www.ted.com/talks/jim_al_khalili_how_quantum_biology_might_explain_life_s_biggest_questions/transcript

hmm......

your intention trying to bring sense might have missed the dart board by a factor of area.......

in an enclosed area or with poor air circulation, one could possibly have harmful level mentioned. But out in the opened air, the air quality is likely good on average. By not mentioning enclosed area or opened compound, your fact nearly gives them shock- induced- uncontrollable- bowel movement. Now they hastily in search for solution targeting CO2 as culprit that could cause asphyxiation to them and their families any time soon........

 

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide#Toxicity

 

 

Regarding your second point, may be, it was made by those who might not know how to treat. Western treatment is rigid to medicinal, operational, etc that might target the obvious symptoms and late stage discovery. Common treatments to sprain might left certain flow problem untackled. Regardless of age, arthritis caused by sprain injury could be treated easily with alternative treatments e.g. application of heat that encourages blood circulation, salt that removes possible moisture accumulated etc....... 30 years of healed injury, felt at old age, could be healed in a day to three with those simple methods.

Edited by specinho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2021 at 9:29 AM, Boat said:

In Houston I believe when co2 gets to 1400 the stay inside alert goes off. This happens several times per year. This long term lung abuse over decades is why immune systems are vulnerable in older age. This is one of the major factors of getting COVID. Heart attacks, hypertension and lipid metabolism/diabetes are also from pollution or pollution is a contributing factor. This is the primary reason I preach anti nat gas flaring and foreign oil refining. That pollution can be eliminated without hurting consumption. That pollution is ludicrous and self inflicted.

They have a siren to alert the public? Really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

10 hours ago, specinho said:

hmm......

your intention trying to bring sense might have missed the dart board by a factor of area.......

in an enclosed area or with poor air circulation, one could possibly have harmful level mentioned. But out in the opened air, the air quality is likely good on average. By not mentioning enclosed area or opened compound, your fact nearly gives them shock- induced- uncontrollable- bowel movement. Now they hastily in search for solution targeting CO2 as culprit that could cause asphyxiation to them and their families any time soon........

 

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide#Toxicity

 

 

Regarding your second point, may be, it was made by those who might not know how to treat. Western treatment is rigid to medicinal, operational, etc that might target the obvious symptoms and late stage discovery. Common treatments to sprain might left certain flow problem untackled. Regardless of age, arthritis caused by sprain injury could be treated easily with alternative treatments e.g. application of heat that encourages blood circulation, salt that removes possible moisture accumulated etc....... 30 years of healed injury, felt at old age, could be healed in a day to three with those simple methods.

 

Good quote from Wikipedia, showing that fresh air on this planet is not even remotely close to being toxic.

"Carbon dioxide content in fresh air (averaged between sea-level and 10 kPa level, i.e., about 30 km (19 mi) altitude) varies between 0.036% (360 ppm) and 0.041% (412 ppm), depending on the location.[140]"

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

They have a siren to alert the public? Really.

Alert does not equal siren.

Radio, TV, web, cell phone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

38 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Good quote from Wikipedia, showing that fresh air on this planet is not even remotely close to being toxic.

"Carbon dioxide content in fresh air (averaged between sea-level and 10 kPa level, i.e., about 30 km (19 mi) altitude) varies between 0.036% (360 ppm) and 0.041% (412 ppm), depending on the location.[140]"

Who cares about the average of the first 30km?  You're not breathing an average, you are breathing indoor or ground-level air.

 

Edited by -trance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 8/14/2021 at 8:29 AM, Boat said:

In Houston I believe when co2 gets to 1400 the stay inside alert goes off. This happens several times per year. This long term lung abuse over decades is why immune systems are vulnerable in older age. This is one of the major factors of getting COVID. Heart attacks, hypertension and lipid metabolism/diabetes are also from pollution or pollution is a contributing factor. This is the primary reason I preach anti nat gas flaring and foreign oil refining. That pollution can be eliminated without hurting consumption. That pollution is ludicrous and self inflicted.

This is just wrong.  There’s no such thing as carbon dioxide Alerts. I  live in Houston.  Alarms of various sorts exist for Carbon MONOXIDE, and 1,400 ppm is a common alert level for indoor detectors in all geographies, not just Houston.  there are no alerts for carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide EVER unless you have a carbon monoxide detector and it goes off for you where your detector is.

Houston and many other cities do have smog and pollution monitoring and alert systems.  One of the key items they monitor is ozone, and a variety of nitrogen and oxygen combinations.  
 

Carbon monoxide is a potent poison gas which is undetectable to human senses.  It is produced by poorly maintained and operated portable gas and diesel generators, by improperly functioning and maintained natural gas appliances and by smoldering charcoal barbecue pits, among other sources.  It’s the leading indoor air pollution killer since it can collect in enclosed areas.  It’s so good at killing people that it is one of the gases of choice for death penalty by asphyxiation and by suicides.  It’s not carbon dioxide though.   
 

 

Edited by Eric Gagen
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

1 hour ago, Rob Plant said:

On no @Jay McKinsey wont be happy 😅

That's only 5 of the ones done in 2020.

I don't care what the renewables investor has to say unless the focus for electricity generation changes to geothermal/nuclear and hydro/wave/desal for the California. 

Edited by QuarterCenturyVet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize that the IPCC is not given much credit or support on this forum. 

For reference, here is the latest report(s) that some may wish to argue for or against.

https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar6/wg1/#SPM

 

Clipboard01.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

9 hours ago, turbguy said:

I realize that the IPCC is not given much credit or support on this forum. 

For reference, here is the latest report(s) that some may wish to argue for or against.

https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar6/wg1/#SPM

 

Clipboard01.jpg

You can choose the accepted "consensus" version presented by the green (red) corrupted IPCC and correlation with CO2 increase, or the more accurate, both past and present, & newer solar forcing theory, which your appeal to authority doesn't deal with and the IPCC reports do not include in their "models". 

One will win out over time. The hockey stick CO2 version will be seen as "the big lie". 

There are people talking about this in other worlds away from your own. 

https://youtu.be/NsXJjJu5VAA

Edited by QuarterCenturyVet
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2021 at 5:09 PM, -trance said:

Who cares about the average of the first 30km?  You're not breathing an average, you are breathing indoor or ground-level air.

 

You having a data problem again? Here is the source for the quote which you disapprove of, 

https://gml.noaa.gov/ccgg/carbontracker/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 8/15/2021 at 7:03 PM, QuarterCenturyVet said:

 

On 8/15/2021 at 7:03 PM, QuarterCenturyVet said:

 

Great research, there is certainly a well-developed school of solar cycle research related to global temperature change, which seems to debunk the material about CO2 causing global temperature change.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2021 at 10:37 AM, QuarterCenturyVet said:

You can choose the accepted "consensus" version presented by the green (red) corrupted IPCC and correlation with CO2 increase, or the more accurate, both past and present, & newer solar forcing theory, which your appeal to authority doesn't deal with and the IPCC reports do not include in their "models". 

One will win out over time. The hockey stick CO2 version will be seen as "the big lie". 

There are people talking about this in other worlds away from your own. 

https://youtu.be/NsXJjJu5VAA

There is no doubt about the science moving away from the old CO2 model of global warming, and the fact that the proponents of the CO2 model refuse to discuss or mention or debate the newer solar cycle science speaks volumes about the inability of the CO2 school to construct a reply or any sustainable argument.

What does this mean for the future of "climate policy"? Well, it is good news, we can stop wasting our economic resources on substandard forms of transportation, and allow the energy market to allocate productive resources into the most cost-efficient generation of supplies. The poor people of this planet will be the greatest beneficiaries of the new solar science.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

So oil policy is determined completely by politics, and not by rational reasoning?

Unbelievable, 

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/EPA-Expected-So-Send-Biofuel-Quota-Draft-To-White-House.html

"The battle between oil refiners and the corn lobby is an old one, creating a political divide that makes its appearance in every U.S. election. And now, there is a new monkey wrench in the works. Fearing that rising agricultural commodity prices could raise the costs for bread and donut makes, the American Bakers Association (ABA) lobbied the Biden Administration in July to stop the rising mandates for biofuel blending.  The ABA met with the EPA during the last week of July to discuss the matter. Unlike last year, it is not the pandemic that has slowed the biofuel decision-making. Rather, it is competing interests—including farmers and refiners, as well as the ABA—which are lobbying the new administration hard. And perhaps both sides are lobbying extra hard this year, as the slump in fuel demand continues to squeeze refiners. On the other hand, the Biden Administration cannot afford to alienate the farmers, either, who have relied on the blending requirements as another outlet for corn."

 

Edited by Ecocharger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

It looks like EV batteries are more at risk for fires than we previously thought, very upsetting.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Chevy-Bolt-Recall-Raises-Concerns-About-Lithium-Battery-Safety.html

"News late last week that General Motors is to recall all 2017 to 2022 Chevy Bolt EVs for battery replacements, saying the LG-supplied batteries could have not one but two serious defects with the result they are at risk of causing fires. As a result, LG’s share price plunged by 10% overnight.

GM is to replace the battery modules after two separate incidents of batteries exploding, despite earlier assurances that it was only older Bolts with U.S.-made batteries that had the problem. The recall now also includes those fitted with batteries made in South Korea.

The implications are huge for both companies.

GM and LG will have to make packs for five model years of Bolts and then swap them out, Electrek reported Friday. This recall includes 9,335 2019 models in the latest extension to the recall, in addition to the 63,683 2020 to 2022 model year Bolt EV and SUVs in the original recall."

Edited by Ecocharger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Oil pipelines are now being ramped up to handle an expected major increase in oil demand. Good to see some rational thought prevailing in these court decisions.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Enbridge-Scores-Major-Pipeline-Victory.html

"The Minnesota Supreme Court on Tuesday declined to hear an appeal filed by opponents of the Line 3 oil pipeline project, effectively allowing construction of the replacement program and dealing a blow to opponents of Enbridge’s pipeline. 

By declining to hear the appeal, the Minnesota Supreme Court basically affirmed the decision of the Minnesota Court of Appeals, which had affirmed in June the approvals of the Line 3 project issued by Minnesota state regulators.  

Enbridge’s Line 3 Replacement project will replace the existing 34-inch pipe with new 36-inch pipe for 13 miles in North Dakota, 337 miles in Minnesota, and 14 miles in Wisconsin. The average annual capacity of Line 3 after replacement is planned to be 760,000 barrels per day (bpd), which would be a capacity increase of 370,000 bpd compared to the capacity of the original Line 3.  "

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Huge and growing demand for petro-chemicals will increase overall oil demand going forward.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Indias-Demand-For-Petrochemicals-Set-To-Surge-Tenfold-By-2050.html

"Petrochemicals will be the key pillar of oil demand growth globally, both in the near and the long term, the International Energy Agency (IEA) said in its Oil 2021 annual report in March with forecasts through 2026.While growth in road transport fuel demand is set to slow to below 0.5 percent annually after 2023, sectors such as petrochemicals will boost overall oil demand, the IEA said. Despite the energy transition push in road transportation and electricity generation, some sectors – such as aviation, shipping, and petrochemicals – will continue to rely on oil for some time, the agency noted.The petrochemical industry will remain a pillar of growth to 2026, as ethane, LPG, and naphtha together are set to account for 70 percent of the projected increase in oil product demand, according to the IEA."

Edited by Ecocharger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2021 at 6:29 AM, Boat said:

In Houston I believe when co2 gets to 1400 the stay inside alert goes off. This happens several times per year. This long term lung abuse over decades is why immune systems are vulnerable in older age. This is one of the major factors of getting COVID. Heart attacks, hypertension and lipid metabolism/diabetes are also from pollution or pollution is a contributing factor. This is the primary reason I preach anti nat gas flaring and foreign oil refining. That pollution can be eliminated without hurting consumption. That pollution is ludicrous and self inflicted.

1400ppm.... so every single semi closed building such as your basement, shopping center... most schools and any other modern house that is well sealed. 🙄

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Oil is back on track again in a bullish market for oil....reality overwhelms fantasy.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Oil-Fundamentals-Remain-Bullish.html

"China’s CNPC (SHA:601857) will drill three new “complex” production wells at the supergiant Galkynysh gas field in Turkmenistan, in a deal that would see it receiving produced gas as a means of payment for its drilling. Amidst soaring LNG prices, China has been ramping up its (cheaper) pipeline gas imports.

Europe’s Largest Lithium Project Sparks Anger. The 2.4 billion Jadar project of Anglo-Australian miner Rio Tinto (ASX:RIO) sparked controversy in Serbia, as locals fear possible environmental damage from the mine, assumed to become Europe’s largest once it reaches its peak production capacity of 58,000 tonnes of battery-grade lithium carbonate."

Edited by Ecocharger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.