JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

Everyone that goes to DAVOS has a Globalization view with the very few controls the masses ! Everyone one of the assholes should be subject to “Executive Action,” though the United States discontinued this a few decades ago, a case to reinstate it is clearly warranted.

• Haha 1

(edited)

Here is the energy dead-end resulting from Green policies pursued to a maniacal conclusion, expensive energy which impacts most of all on poor people.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-Worst-Is-Yet-To-Come-For-UK-Households-As-Energy-Prices-Soar.html

"Last month, investment bank Investec forecast that electricity bills for UK households could soar by as much as 56 percent this year after Ofgem, the state energy market regulator, updates the energy price ceiling, the Financial Times reported. Now, the FT is reporting that analysts are warning of a second update, in October, which could bring the price increase even higher.

The report cites calculations from energy consultancy EnAppSys, which shows that the energy price cap that Ofgem updates twice a year could reach 2,000 pounds in April, from 1,277 pounds last year, rising further to up to 2,400 pounds after the October update. One British pound is about $1.36, so with the expected double increase this year, many British households may be paying the equivalent of $3,200 per year for electricity.

The cap concerns some 15 million British households who have chosen to pay for their electricity on the open market rather than under fixed-price deals. Unless the government intervenes, these households are in for a lot of financial pain.

According to a Guardian report citing research from think tank Resolution Foundation, the number of “fuel stressed” households in the UK will jump threefold in April, after the energy price cap adjustment to 6.3 million. With these forecasts, calls are multiplying for the government to do something about it."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Eric Gagen said:

If I understand the Scottish plan, it is to have much more wind energy than they need for domestic purposes, and sell the rest to the European grid.  Given that it's excess will be very intermittent,  it will be interesting to see how it goes.  The interconnect to Norway should help a lot - basically use the excess to refill pumped storage when there is no immediate demand for sales.  That said, the interconnect isn't that big. 

No Its only 1.4GW make it 5GW+ and that makes a meaningful difference to the UK

On 12/9/2021 at 3:56 PM, Eric Gagen said:

If you believe that what is under the mud isn't flat, then I have news for you - come to the coastal plain of the S.E US from North Carolina to Texas and it's mud all the way down - at least the first few hundred feet or so before it starts to thicken up some.  You can (and people actually have) sink heavy equipment completely under the surface ground level under the wrong conditions if the top parts of the mud are thin enough, and you keep making bad recovery decisions.  As an example, when they were pouring the foundation for our previous home in Louisiana, they accidentally sank the back end of a cement truck about 6 ft down.  Only got it out by pulling/towing with three other cement trucks in a spread hitch formation, and even then they managed to snap a 5/8" tow chain off.   It took me a couple of years work with the tractor to get that area where the rear whell pods had sunk in back to stable ground.  

You are missing out on the some of the Russian equipment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq1KR0CeAdo&t=540

Sunk under 6ft of mud no problem

9 hours ago, Wombat One said:

How about a death tax of 90% on anybody worth more than $10 billion? Perhaps combine it with a $1m bounty? If they didn't begin as criminals, then that is what they all became? Warren Buffett actually thought it was crazy that his secretary paid a higher percentage tax than he did. In economics, this is called a "highly regressive" tax system.

I agree, but I would drop the 10 billion to 50 million to 1 billion! Don't get me wrong; I am a capitalist at heart and worked hard for my wealth, but in 30 years, governments would never use the word “Billion” then, in 2008, they had to bail out the banking industry, and people were stunned at the just under a Trillion cost.

Then they started actively throwing around the “Billion.” Now they throw around the “Trillion” like it's the old five and dime stores in the ’60s and early ’70s.

This is totally ridiculous and outrageous; the current total World Debt is beyond the assets of the Countries.

8 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

You are missing out on the some of the Russian equipment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq1KR0CeAdo&t=540

Sunk under 6ft of mud no problem

I almost made a comment about that sort of thing, but decided to stick to what I have personally witnessed.  I also had a truck recovery driver who had to get a furniture truck off my property tell me that the night before that he had been part of recovering a backhoe which fell into the pond it was digging.  Went completely under a mixture of mud and water so far that only the top of the boom was sticking out, so ~ 4 meters (12 ft) deep.  People who haven't seen real mud (the sort horses used to drown in) have no idea how bad it can be.  

(edited)

4 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Bank Of America Predicts Tesla Market Share Will Collapse In Next Few Years

By ZeroHedge - Jan 19, 2022, 12:00 PM CST

Bank Of America Predicts Tesla Market Share Will Collapse In Next Few Years | OilPrice.com

Betting in 2 yrs will be halved!!

Yet their sales will triple from today.

The best part of the article is that they are predicting EVs will have 20% US market share in 2 years.

"In total, in the United States, the bank is predicting about 1 million EVs sold in 2022, 1.8 million sold in 2023 and 3 million sold in 2024." - B of A

15 million vehicles

Sales hit just over 15 million vehicles in 2021, up 3.4% from 2020, the year the pandemic took hold in the U.S.Jan 4, 2022

Edited by Jay McKinsey

15 minutes ago, Eric Gagen said:

I almost made a comment about that sort of thing, but decided to stick to what I have personally witnessed.  I also had a truck recovery driver who had to get a furniture truck off my property tell me that the night before that he had been part of recovering a backhoe which fell into the pond it was digging.  Went completely under a mixture of mud and water so far that only the top of the boom was sticking out, so ~ 4 meters (12 ft) deep.  People who haven't seen real mud (the sort horses used to drown in) have no idea how bad it can be.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vityaz_(ATV)

if you ever need one. The friendly Swedes make a pocket-sized version called

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandvagn_206

Here you can see the most elite Austrian mountaineering Speznaz driving one over the worst swamp they could find in all Austria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3A5jiIFTdE

Actually, I cannot find the even funnier German Bundeswehr promo video, showing how they drive it over manicured lawns and how it's got special complimentary pillows so that the tall German soldiers don't bump their heads sitting inside.

Not sure the coolness of the scheme unfolds at that scale. They also do swim and don't set off anti-tank mines. In the larger Russian version, each half got to be able to completely lift the other half off the ground using a fanciful articulated hydraulic joint. Haven't noticed anything like that in the little Swede upon casual examination, but most users obviously have any terrain remotely bad enough to even test it.

4 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Bank Of America Predicts Tesla Market Share Will Collapse In Next Few Years

By ZeroHedge - Jan 19, 2022, 12:00 PM CST

Bank Of America Predicts Tesla Market Share Will Collapse In Next Few Years | OilPrice.com

Betting in 2 yrs will be halved!!

Significant part of Tesla's revenues comes from transfer payments for carbon credits from other car manufacturers, which are not 100% electric.

Obviously, for as long as this BS persists, it takes other 100% EV manufacturers to bite off some of Tesla's market.

After that, when EVs are generics not specifically subsidized, Tesla might hold onto a niche similar to Apple's in computing. That is, you are asked to pay premium pricing for a device that is largely a generic PC, but which you have no control over and cannot service yourself. This based on some kind of brand appeal. Personally, I do not understand why this sort of market exists, but it obviously does.

22 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Yet their sales will triple from today.

The best part of the article is that they are predicting EVs will have 20% US market share in 2 years.

"In total, in the United States, the bank is predicting about 1 million EVs sold in 2022, 1.8 million sold in 2023 and 3 million sold in 2024." - B of A

15 million vehicles

Sales hit just over 15 million vehicles in 2021, up 3.4% from 2020, the year the pandemic took hold in the U.S.Jan 4, 2022

Yes, but why would you buy specifically the EV which forces you into works service only? Some kind of dubious Apple-like proposition, IMHO.

From what I've seen from Russian and Ukrainian chop shops on Youtube, their battery package is already the weakest in the industry, pound for pound. There are no works sales and no works service in these countries, so everybody who imports a Tesla is on his own.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Significant part of Tesla's revenues comes from transfer payments for carbon credits from other car manufacturers, which are not 100% electric.

Obviously, for as long as this BS persists, it takes other 100% EV manufacturers to bite off some of Tesla's market.

After that, when EVs are generics not specifically subsidized, Tesla might hold onto a niche similar to Apple's in computing. That is, you are asked to pay premium pricing for a device that is largely a generic PC, but which you have no control over and cannot service yourself. This based on some kind of brand appeal. Personally, I do not understand why this sort of market exists, but it obviously does.

Meanwhile in reality credits are 2% of their revenue and they have the best automotive gross margin of any car maker:

image.png.5efcec9e58a2cfd69095e288ed8de8d1.png

image.thumb.png.15bdac55c26bb009d776c013cad23c56.png

https://tesla-cdn.thron.com/static/TWPKBV_TSLA_Q3_2021_Quarterly_Update_SI1AKE.pdf?xseo=&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D"TSLA-Q3-2021-Quarterly-Update.pdf"

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Meanwhile in reality credits are 2% of their revenue and they have the best automotive gross margin of any car maker:

https://tesla-cdn.thron.com/static/TWPKBV_TSLA_Q3_2021_Quarterly_Update_SI1AKE.pdf?xseo=&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D"TSLA-Q3-2021-Quarterly-Update.pdf"

No dealership body or service infrastructure. MOOCH MOTORS has had its day in the sun. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Yes, but why would you buy specifically the EV which forces you into works service only? Some kind of dubious Apple-like proposition, IMHO.

From what I've seen from Russian and Ukrainian chop shops on Youtube, their battery package is already the weakest in the industry, pound for pound. There are no works sales and no works service in these countries, so everybody who imports a Tesla is on his own.

They don't force you into works service. But you do run the risk of voiding the warranty if the work is done by a non certified repair shop. It is exactly the same with all ICE automakers.

Tesla isn't in Russia or Ukraine yet. What is your point?

6 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

No dealership body or service infrastructure. MOOCH MOTORS has had its day in the sun. 

You are right, no stealerships to hassle with. Dealerships are outdated and their days are numbered.

Tesla service infrastructure but they actually do most service at the customer's location with their mobile support. Just open your Tesla app and make an appointment:

image.png.7cb9dd8f1568bef6f77f949699e9edda.png

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Sure they do. Which is the same as saying that you are overpaying them. Same as Apple. Do you want a car or stock from them?

Sorry, the credit thing is some form of creative accounting. I am immediately familiar with FiatChrysler annual filing, and they alone paid Tesla over $2bln. Which is everything they made (from selling 6.7l Dodge Rams in US, no less. The European division was bleeding red ink)

Possibly it was not "regulatory credits" per se, but some other form of covering their asses. The traditional bread-and-butter of European car industry, the small diesel is generally non-compliant with Euro 6 regulations. As we know now, after the US EPA busted VW. The diesel version of the 6.7l Dodge Ram passes Euro 5 with flying colors, without that ever even being a requirement. Same is probably true for any sufficiently large diesel made out of proper pig iron.

So, one Yankee hand washes another, or the Generally Acceptably Accounting Practices are generally more acceptable to some than the others.

3 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Sure they do. Which is the same as saying that you are overpaying them. Same as Apple. Do you want a car or stock from them?

Sorry, the credit thing is some form of creative accounting. I am immediately familiar with FiatChrysler annual filing, and they alone paid Tesla over $2bln. Which is everything they made (from selling 6.7l Dodge Rams in US, no less. The European division was bleeding red ink)

Possibly it was not "regulatory credits" per se, but some other form of covering their asses. The traditional bread-and-butter of European car industry, the small diesel is generally non-compliant with Euro 6 regulations. As we know now, after the US EPA busted VW. The diesel version of the 6.7l Dodge Ram passes Euro 5 with flying colors, without that ever even being a requirement. Same is probably true for any sufficiently large diesel made out of proper pig iron.

So, one Yankee hand washes another, or the Generally Acceptably Accounting Practices are generally more acceptable to some than the others.

Your data is old. FCA Stellantis no longer buys credits from Tesla. Things have changed. Please try and stay current.

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

There is still the same service infrastructure in place, only more expensive. Say hi to vertically integrated monopoly, the way Mr. Ford and Mr. Rockefeller envisioned them. You've already got your special works Tesla chargers with special Tesla electricity? Soon enough, you will also get special Tesla works financing and insurance, too. Why would anybody buy a vehicle, too? Wouldn't you prefer to lease instead? Seems like the more convenient option.

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Your data is old. FCA Stellantis no longer buys credits from Tesla. Things have changed. Please try and stay current.

I don't think the new company filed a single annual return yet.

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Stellantis Will Stop Buying EU Tax Credits From Tesla

The move could cost Tesla $240 million in future income. Here's the story.

large.ashx
John Rosevear
(TMFMarlowe)
May 5, 2021 at 2:36PM

Stellantis (NYSE:STLA), the global auto giant formed from the merger of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) with French automaker PSA, said that it will no longer buy European environmental credits from electric-car maker Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA).

The move is expected to save Stellantis about 300 million euros ($360 million). About two-thirds of that would have gone to Tesla, Stellantis's Chief Financial Officer Richard Palmer said. 

The European Union requires automakers to build a minimum percentage of zero-emissions vehicles; those that build more than required can sell "credits" to other automakers that fall short. The system is similar to one used in California and other U.S. states. Tesla, which only makes electric vehicles, has been able to generate significant profit from the sale of these credits to other automakers. 

A European-market Jeep Wrangler on display in a neutral space.

FIAT CHRYSLER NEEDED TESLA'S CREDITS TO OFFSET ITS EUROPEAN SALES OF PROFITABLE BUT THIRSTY JEEPS. BUT PSA'S ELECTRIFIED VEHICLES MEAN THAT POST-MERGER STELLANTIS NO LONGER NEEDS TESLA'S CREDITS TO COMPLY WITH EU REGULATIONS. IMAGE SOURCE: STELLANTIS.

FCA was one of Tesla's biggest customers. The former Italian-American automaker has spent roughly 2 billion euros, or $2.4 billion, to buy European and U.S. credits from Tesla since 2019. But that cash transfer will soon end, thanks to the electric-vehicle technology that PSA, the parent company of French brands Peugeot and Citroën and Germany's Opel, brought to the merger. 

Edited by Jay McKinsey

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

You are right, no stealerships to hassle with. Dealerships are outdated and their days are numbered.

Tesla service infrastructure but they actually do most service at the customer's location with their mobile support. Just open your Tesla app and make an appointment:

image.png.7cb9dd8f1568bef6f77f949699e9edda.png

Oh god. Another one obviously drank the Silicon Valley Kool-aid, where everything is made out of software, and software is not a product, but service. Better yet, a solution. If it is sufficiently enterprise grade.

Sometimes, service is done not for periodic interval's sake, but to replace a part that is really broken? This might require a device called a ramp? I am sure the magical Tesla app offers you to conjure a portable one, but does it really work?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

March 4, 2021

Stellantis publishes its 2020 Annual Report and Form 20-F and the 2020 Consolidated Financial Statements and Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Groupe PSA

https://www.stellantis.com/en/news/press-releases/2021/march/stellantis-publishes-its-2020-annual-report-and-form-20-f-and-the-2020-consolidated-financial-statements-and-management-s-discussion-and-analysis-of-groupe-psa

2 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Oh god. Another one obviously drank the Silicon Valley Kool-aid, where everything is made out of software, and software is not a product, but service. Better yet, a solution. If it is sufficiently enterprise grade.

Sometimes, service is done not for periodic interval's sake, but to replace a part that is really broken? This might require a device called a ramp? I am sure the magical Tesla app offers you to conjure a portable one, but does it really work?

If the repair requires more than mobile support can do then the car goes to a service center. I guess that is rocket science for you.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Stellantis Will Stop Buying EU Tax Credits From Tesla

The move could cost Tesla $240 million in future income. Here's the story.

large.ashx
John Rosevear
(TMFMarlowe)
May 5, 2021 at 2:36PM

Stellantis (NYSE:STLA), the global auto giant formed from the merger of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) with French automaker PSA, said that it will no longer buy European environmental credits from electric-car maker Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA).

The move is expected to save Stellantis about 300 million euros ($360 million). About two-thirds of that would have gone to Tesla, Stellantis's Chief Financial Officer Richard Palmer said. 

The European Union requires automakers to build a minimum percentage of zero-emissions vehicles; those that build more than required can sell "credits" to other automakers that fall short. The system is similar to one used in California and other U.S. states. Tesla, which only makes electric vehicles, has been able to generate significant profit from the sale of these credits to other automakers. 

A European-market Jeep Wrangler on display in a neutral space.

FIAT CHRYSLER NEEDED TESLA'S CREDITS TO OFFSET ITS EUROPEAN SALES OF PROFITABLE BUT THIRSTY JEEPS. BUT PSA'S ELECTRIFIED VEHICLES MEAN THAT POST-MERGER STELLANTIS NO LONGER NEEDS TESLA'S CREDITS TO COMPLY WITH EU REGULATIONS. IMAGE SOURCE: STELLANTIS.

FCA was one of Tesla's biggest customers. The former Italian-American automaker has spent roughly 2 billion euros, or $2.4 billion, to buy European and U.S. credits from Tesla since 2019. But that cash transfer will soon end, thanks to the electric-vehicle technology that PSA, the parent company of French brands Peugeot and Citroën and Germany's Opel, brought to the merger. 

"Will not" is not the same as "did not" Wait for the actual filing. Or a bit after, even. Last time, they also called it something like "one time emergency capital expenditure" that came announced after the annual results. (and zeroed out the profits)

The new company is like the King of European panel vans and lowest-end econoboxes, all of which were previously very small diesels. How the hell are they supposed to become zero-emission overnight? Most of the customers don't have any charging infrastructure for EV.

If I see this actually happening, it would mean some kind of deal was brokered directly with the EU. So far, I see a lot of propaganda against buying specifically a diesel car, that's it.

13 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

March 4, 2021

Stellantis publishes its 2020 Annual Report and Form 20-F and the 2020 Consolidated Financial Statements and Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Groupe PSA

https://www.stellantis.com/en/news/press-releases/2021/march/stellantis-publishes-its-2020-annual-report-and-form-20-f-and-the-2020-consolidated-financial-statements-and-management-s-discussion-and-analysis-of-groupe-psa

Surely is peculiar for a company officially founded Jan 16, 2021.  Some retro-active ass-covering again. They haven't really done any business in 2020.

• Haha 1