The North Korea saga has definitely been stepped up a few notches to the point that I'm hoping isn't one of no return, however nice it is for oil prices. This is becoming untenable; so much so that we can see exactly how World War III can start. There are too many sparks; from too much childish saber-rattling coming out of an incompetent Washington (and its absence of a State Department to handle these things for all intents and purposes)--to a massive China and Russia on edge so much that generals are talking about going to war with this US just to prevent a North Korean meltdown from which the world would not recover. 

And Japanese media are reporting that a North Korean official in charge of nuclear facilities was just executed for treason...not a good sign. Things are coming apart.

and while China and Russia are allegedly planning an intervention here, got a bit of a chuckle from today's Newsweek story that has former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper saying that Putin is manipulating Trump like a stilled intelligence operative. Nice to think our president is being 'handled' like an asset, but kind of hard to go head to head with Putin. Trying to decide if this scares me or relieves me with regard to North Korea. 

Took a min-vacation to Jamaica. Recommend it to all. North Korea failed to exist for me for a few days. No politics, no geopolitics. Just beaches and blissful ignorance on my part. Going to keep it that way for as long as possible. 

Think you are all taking this too seriously. I can barely think of a time when people weren't thinking 'this is it' -- doomsday. It ALWAYS seems like whatever crisis is going on in the world, it's the one that's going to start World War III. Time to chill. And time to stop citing media headlines which have become completely partisan. Can't take any of them seriously anymore because none of it is real. We've reached the end of objectivity on both sides. Let's follow @LAOIL to Jamaica.

and let's not forget that the previous US administration was a war-monger. None of this is new, really. It's just being done in a different ... style. Even if I wasn't an hour ago, I think I'm with @TraderTate and @LAOIL. Time to dial down the hysteria. At the end of the day (or the end of all time) our hysteria won't really matter anyway, unless one of you can make a difference.

Count me in for the chill party. I spent one whole week last week without reading a single news headline. I didn't even have to leave my house to feel much, much better. Fear is highly contagious, however you try to avoid worrying about North Korea or anything else.

@TraderTate, with you on media. Let's take a moment of silence for the long and painful death of objectivity.

• Upvote 1

Nothing to fear but ... the media itself. Sometimes get the feeling that the difference between war and peace is the difference between having wifi and cable, or not having wifi and cable ... that simple. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Count me in for the chill party. I spent one whole week last week without reading a single news headline. I didn't even have to leave my house to feel much, much better. Fear is highly contagious, however you try to avoid worrying about North Korea or anything else.

@TraderTate, with you on media. Let's take a moment of silence for the long and painful death of objectivity.

Consider my next non-post, not seen below this one, as my Forum Moment of Silence. Let's all bow our heads....