Rodent

Tour An Iranian Oilfield (Really!)

Who wants to go with me to tour an Iranian oilfield? 

https://financialtribune.com/articles/travel/87475/oil-ministry-ready-to-offer-oilfield-tours

"The Oil Ministry welcomed a proposal by Iran's Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism Organization to organize tours to some of the country's oilfields already off limits for public visitors."

Should be ready to go by March 2019 if anyone is interested.

Saudi Arabia said it was getting into the tourism business, but I think they had something different than touring oilfields in mind.

I

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks, I might actually go next year, will check with the head office.  The company I currently work for has a branch office in Iran (although not for Oil & Gas), and this might be a great reason for me to go there, to see about setting up a branch office for Engineering Operations for O&G.  It would be nice to actually meet in person the GM of National Iranian Oil Company (and a few other of my Iranian Oil & Gas contacts) over there, rather than just online.

Since I'm a U.S. citizen, I currently can't go, due to the Iatest round of sanctions against Iran.  But I'll repeat, I believe the U.S. and Iran should have somewhat normalized relations by the end of this year - so March 2019 would be good timing for me to go for a tour of Iranian oilfields.

• Like 1

P.S. the General Manager of National Iranian Oil Company is a member of this forum since last month - I invited him to join.  Although he hasn't posted any comments here yet.  Perhaps he will decide to unlurk and comment... that's up to him.  Same with the retired Head of R&D at NIOC.