TB

Hot line, Macron: Phone Calls With Trump Are Like Sausages Best Not To Know What Is Inside

How do you know that a bromance is over? Quite possibly, when one side starts talking about sausage factories when referring to their recent phone conversations. Calls with Trump (and other world leaders), France's Macron said, were essentially like sausages. “As Bismarck used to say, if we explained to people how sausages were made, it’s unlikely they’d keep eating them,” Macron said according to Reuters, referring to 19th-century Prussian leader Otto von Bismarck. “So I like it when people see the finished meal, but I’m not convinced the kitchen commentary helps with delivering the meal or eating it. Since his state visit to Washington, Macron has warned twice that Trump’s moves could result in war: first, when Trump withdrew from the Iran deal, and again Thursday after the president imposed tariffs on close U.S. allies, including France. “Economic nationalism leads to war. This is exactly what happened in the 1930s,” the French president said.

• Like 1

He said calls  "with Trump and other world leaders" . Macron's solution is to act childish. And act as if he played them somehow, like they're in high school.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pavel said:

He said calls  "with Trump and other world leaders" . Macron's solution is to act childish. And act as if he played them somehow, like they're in high school.

You’re going to call out Macron for “childish” behavior when U.S.  opening new crisis every week... 

• Upvote 1

Macron's speech reminds me on lesson from history: professor and student

Love affair ending?

(edited)

This analogy makes zero sense; who doesn't know what's inside a sausage? Someone who never made sausages before..:)

Edited by damirUSBiH

3 hours ago, damirUSBiH said:

This analogy makes zero sense; who doesn't know what's inside a sausage? Someone who never made sausages before..:)

Sorry, off topic, but who in the world makes their own sausage, Damir?? Only you! We can't all be culinary masters. I will be expecting some homemade sausage....

anyone who has time to make sausages probably has ... too much time. Maybe that's what Melania's been doing for the past few weeks

I like sausage. Sausage and eggs, smoked sausage, Italian sausage... Could care less how its made as long as the end product is good.

On 6/6/2018 at 11:01 PM, Rodent said:

Sorry, off topic, but who in the world makes their own sausage, Damir?? Only you! We can't all be culinary masters. I will be expecting some homemade sausage....

Growing up on the farm back in the day, we made our own sausages, using our own cows.  Made our own hamburger too. Had our own sausage making machine and our own meat grinder.  I still love eating fresh raw hamburger, but I don't trust raw meat from grocery stores.

Went great with our homemade wine.

We used to make our own bullets and shotgun shells, too.  Eat what you kill, don't kill for fun.

15 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

We used to make our own bullets and shotgun shells, too.  Eat what you kill, don't kill for fun.

Unless, of course, you are down in the Florida Everglades, shooting those Burmese pythons that are multiplying like mad and wreaking chaos with the local indigenous wildlife  (and your life, also!).  From a few critters dumped by ridiculous people who bought them as small pets and watched as they grew to 23 foot monsters actually eating alligators whole, there are now some half million in the Everglades swamps, and have migrated up all the way to South Carolina. There is this picture posted on YouTube of one in Malaysia that grew to 27 feet and swallowed a 54-year-old farm woman who was out in her vegetable garden. The villagers cut that snake open but the woman, who had been swallowed live and head-first, was long dead. Just lovely.