(edited)

Chart would not print. It would show imports from the rest of the world are not needed. Imports are refined and resold. Probably by a foreign refinery which comprises 30% of US refining capacity.Ā 

Edited by Boat

6 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Russia is already largely cut out. (May only finance for no longer than 30 day terms) You are out of "sanctions", pal. Nothing works, or ends up hurting yourself more. Possibly because there is only one truly rogue nation left - YOU.

Thats just US and not very relevant. They can increase old USBonds. There are at least 200 other Countries for lending Money which is not very necessary as Russia holds 800 Bio US in Reserves. around 620Ā Intl. Reserves and close 200 Bio. in their National Wealth fund.

Is the Oil and Gasprice for two weeks above 80 USD additional 5 Bio. go into the Reserves.

Germany via the Russians Screwed Blue and Tattooed the EU.

8 hours ago, Starschy said:

Thats just US and not very relevant. They can increase old USBonds. There are at least 200 other Countries for lending Money which is not very necessary as Russia holds 800 Bio US in Reserves. around 620Ā Intl. Reserves and close 200 Bio. in their National Wealth fund.

Is the Oil and Gasprice for two weeks above 80 USD additional 5 Bio. go into the Reserves.

30 day term limits applies to all Western banks, Russia's reserves are in IMF SDRs, not USD

8 hours ago, Boat said:

Chart would not print. It would show imports from the rest of the world are not needed. Imports are refined and resold. Probably by a foreign refinery which comprises 30% of US refining capacity.Ā 

US fracks light and sweet crude, good for gasoline only. You need heavy oil to make aviation kerosene and heavy diesel fuel.

On 9/30/2021 at 7:50 PM, ronwagn said:

Europe will have to arrange other pipeline sources from the Mediterranean to gain the competitive prices.Ā 

The Med is really deep, up to 5km. This is why there is still no pipeline from Qatar or Israel - such deep pipe laying needs to be researched first.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

8 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

The Med is really deep, up to 5km. This is why there is still no pipeline from Qatar or Israel - such deep pipe laying needs to be researched first.

There are at least three Pipelines from Afrika to Europe

Ā 

Libya - Italy (if our incompetent Nato Partner USA didn't bomb that Country we would get significant more Oil and Gas)

Algeria - SpainĀ two different Pipelines

Algeria - Morocco - Spain

Algeria - Spain in the South direct Pipelines

Edited by Starschy

9 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

main-qimg-81e7421a34c025c5704215c447ce1299.webp

On 10/2/2021 at 12:39 AM, ronwagn said:

There is only one nuclear plant under construction in France and it is five times over budget. It has been under construction since 2007. It might open next year, after a 15 year wait. There is one in Finland and five in Eastern Europe. One in Turkey. I would reiterate that nuclear is dead in Western Europe. Eastern Europe is another story apparently.Ā 

https://www.nesfircroft.com/blog/2019/05/8-major-european-nuclear-power-projects-to-watch-in-2019-and-beyond

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flamanville_Nuclear_Power_PlantĀ 

No Ron that is incorrect

Hinkley point C is under construction in the UK

Sizewell C has had the go ahead from the gowernment and Wylfa looks likely to be resurected from the bin and go ahead also.

I do agree that most nuclear in the UK is past its sell by date and is will be decommissioned over the next few years.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, notsonice said:

main-qimg-81e7421a34c025c5704215c447ce1299.webp

So? Those are where the known lilypads are

The-Mediterranean-Sea-with-depth-contour

1 hour ago, Starschy said:

There are at least three Pipelines from Afrika to Europe

Ā 

Libya - Italy (if our incompetent Nato Partner USA didn't bomb that Country we would get significant more Oil and Gas)

Algeria - SpainĀ two different Pipelines

Algeria - Morocco - Spain

Algeria - Spain in the South direct Pipelines

Those exploit known shallows, but are not workable for Israel/Qatar. Some say, this is what the whole Syrian "civil war" was about. Depth map

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2021 at 12:28 AM, ronwagn said:

Talk is cheap. I want to see real results from renewables. Ones that do not cause electricity prices to skyrocket and harm consumers and economies. Fossil fuels are needed. Currently Europe is using mainly coal. More Russian gas is fine as long as Russia is complied with. It gives them a lot of bargaining power whenever they want to dominate small countries in mittleeuropa.Ā 

It will take TIME do get enough renewables in place. I am sure it will be done eventually but currently there are too many naive voters out there falling for green dreams that are far away. That also trust the Russian Bear while not concerned that they flare their gas, have NO renewables, and worked with their cronies to stop development of natural gas in Western Europe.Ā 

Results are what counts, not B.S.Ā 

I am slowly getting an impression you guys are mixing up all energy (including heat) with electrical. AFAIK, only as little as 7% of German generation was electrical. Dunno for rest of Europe. Most renewables only tackle the electrical part. So, you might want to double-check your coal stats, maybe it is for heat?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

So? Those are where the known lilypads are

you are the guy claiming the med is really deep. Reality the Med is not really deep everywhere, and the other point in the map there is a land path from Africa to Europe both through Morocco and the Syria Turkey Lebanon Israel ( Yeah I do understand no one can be friends long enough in the middle east to actually allow a gas pipeline to exist) So your point that the Med is really deep is meaningless argument. Get the point?

14 minutes ago, notsonice said:

you are the guy claiming the med is really deep. Reality the Med is not really deep everywhere, and the other point in the map there is a land path from Africa to Europe both through Morocco and the Syria Turkey Lebanon Israel ( Yeah I do understand no one can be friends long enough in the middle east to actually allow a gas pipeline to exist) So your point that the Med is really deep is meaningless argument. Get the point?

I didn't say it is that deep everywhere, just not anywhere for the pipeline from IsraelĀ  or Qatar to pass using conventional tech. Incidentally, this is believed to be the main reason behind the whole "Syrian civil war". Not a meaningless argument, but merely a simplified one, but here we go - I just gave you a more complete one.

37 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

I didn't say it is that deep everywhere, just not anywhere for the pipeline from IsraelĀ  or Qatar to pass using conventional tech. Incidentally, this is believed to be the main reason behind the whole "Syrian civil war". Not a meaningless argument, but merely a simplified one, but here we go - I just gave you a more complete one.

The Med is really deep, up to 5km. This is why there is still no pipeline from Qatar or Israel????Ā  So your point that the Med is really deep is a meaningless argument. Please do not be so condescending in your arguments. Your arrogance is shining through with your thinking you are schooling people here. ..... I just gave you a more complete one..... good grief

On 10/28/2021 at 1:02 PM, Andrei Moutchkine said:

I am slowly getting an impression you guys are mixing up all energy (including heat) with electrical. AFAIK, only as little as 7% of German generation was electrical. Dunno for rest of Europe. Most renewables only tackle the electrical part. So, you might want to double-check your coal stats, maybe it is for heat?

Whenever I look at energy use I go to all uses first. Electrical is, of course, only part. There is a strong temptation for the Green proponents to forget about that.Ā 

On 10/28/2021 at 11:20 AM, Rob Plant said:

No Ron that is incorrect

Hinkley point C is under construction in the UK

Sizewell C has had the go ahead from the gowernment and Wylfa looks likely to be resurected from the bin and go ahead also.

I do agree that most nuclear in the UK is past its sell by date and is will be decommissioned over the next few years.

Thanks for the correction. I am wondering if France is going to return to nuclear. I haven't kept track of that lately.Ā 

On 10/21/2021 at 11:50 AM, Boat said:

Your just lucky the Allied troops saved Russia from Hitler or Putin wouldnā€™t have been around to screw over Europe. Canada has a bigger economy than Russia with about 1/5 the population. Seems like a better destination. Seems Putin struggles helping his people. You might try freedom, it pays better.

Imagine if Russians had not let their nation turn into a dictatorship. Easy for me to say because I didn't grow up under Stalin and his pogroms and prisons. They were conditioned to live under masters since the Tsars. I believe they will arise one day though.Ā 

(edited)

Moldova has no binding agreement with Gazprom since October 1.

So they really are to blame for themselves when planning their strategies on a slyly mind who thought spot gas prices would always be as low as last year. Usually, overly cunning loses twice.

The same case applies to our Poland and the memorable victory in the Stockholm arbitration last year, where prices were also linked much more tightly to spot prices. I really remember the euphoric mood in Poland lasy year that now it is not only Gazprom but the whole of Russia that is about to go bankrupt.

At the moment, if Gazprom sells any gas to Moldova at all, it does so without a contractual obligation beginning from 1 October solely on the basis of good will.

And the price - if there is no binding agreement, record high prices on the free market are, unfortunately, quite an obvious price measure for Moldova, which I emphasize has no binding agreement because it wanted to be cunning Ā as well as ourĀ  polish PGNiG and cunning sometimesĀ  loses twice.

Moreover I remember very well thatĀ world best energy experts already in 2015/216, such as IEA World Energy Organization, predicted a sharp rebound in oil prices to USD 80 per barrel at the beginning of the 20s of the XXI century because of underinvestment.

It is really a pity that our authorities did not take these forecasts into account while boosting inflation by big social benefits.

Ā 

PS

Now I see they got to agreement in the Friday evening

Ā 

The new contract with Moldova, which has been concluded for 5 years, protects the interests of Gazprom as a supplier, Alexei Grivach, deputy director general of the National Energy Security Fund, told RIA Novosti.

The expert explained why Gazprom is in no hurry to fill its UGS facilities in Europe

Gazprom and Moldovagaz on Friday extended the contract for the supply of gas for a period of 5 years , starting from November 1. As stated by the Russian company, the parties signed a protocol to resolve current issues in the gas sector, and the terms of the extension of the agreement are mutually beneficial.

"The five-year contract means protecting the interests of Gazprom as a supplier, and the debts there are so obvious that problems with the audit in the Russian company, apparently, do not expect," said Grivach.

The expert explained why Gazprom is in no hurry to fill its UGS facilities in Europe

The Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Development of Moldova announced that the new contract will use the formula proposed by the Moldovan side. At the same time, Moldova and "Gazprom" have reached an agreement in principle on the formula for calculating the price, audit of the debt of the company "Moldovagaz" and the need for subsequent negotiations to establish a schedule for the calculation.

The expert notes that, like any agreement, the outcome of the negotiations between Gazprom and Moldova was the fruit of a compromise.

"Russia had a very strong position in these negotiations, but at the same time the need not to abuse this power, since the lives of people were at stake, both in Moldova and in friendly Transnistria. In addition, Gazprom owns a controlling stake." Moldovagaz ", - concluded Grivach.

"Moldovagaz" began negotiations with "Gazprom" on the conclusion of a new three-year contract for the supply of natural gas last summer, but the discussion did not end for a long time. Until October 1, Moldova purchased "blue fuel" from Gazprom under an agreement signed back in 2008, where gas prices were formed depending on oil prices on world markets.

Your home is "Gazprom": China leaves Europe without gas

The main obstacles to reaching a new agreement were the disagreements between the parties over the fair price that Moldova wanted to achieve for itself in the new contract, and the debt of Moldovan consumers for previous supplies, which Gazprom wants to return.

As a result, on September 30, when the agreement of 2008 expired, Gazprom and Moldovagaz signed a document to extend the contract for the supply of Russian gas for one month from October 1, 2021. However, Moldovagaz already announced on October 6 that gas consumption in the republic temporarily exceeds the supply of fuel from the Russian Federation. Then on October 22, the country's parliament introduced a state of emergency in the republic due to the energy crisis. Negotiations with Gazprom continued all this time, being on the verge of a complete cessation of gas exports from Russia to Moldova from November 1.

Ā 

"A bad peace is better than a good quarrel'. And dare I say there might be several countries in Europe right now who would not mind being locked in a 5-year contract with Gazprom 'on mutually beneficial terms'.

Poland for the other han today has asked Gazprom for a discount under its gas supply contract, where the price formula has been more strongly linked to European hub(s) following PGNiG-initiated arbitration, resulting now in higher price than under the old formula

Ā 

Edited by Tomasz

But now it looks like Moldova will need some more cash to pay new bills. 70 % spot 30 % oil its gona be higher price than in last contract they terminated.

Ā 

Observing all the formulas Moldova and Gazprom agreed to extend supplies

Gazprom will retain its role as a key supplier of gas to Moldova: the company signed a five-year contract for the supply of gas, which will prevent the gas crisis in the country.Ā Moscow and Chisinau also agreed on the audit and, probably, the subsequent restructuring of the historical debt of Moldova, which was estimated by Gazprom at $ 709 million. The new contract will come into force on November 1.Ā The parties have not yet disclosed its details, but, according to Kommersant's sources, its formula will be hybrid, that is, it will take into account the prices of petroleum products.

Before the onset of winter cold, Moldova managed to renew the agreement with Gazprom

Moscow and ChisinauĀ agreedĀ to extend the gas supply contract for another five years.Ā Gas supplies under the new contract will begin on November 1, 2021.Ā The old long-term gas contract from 2008, according to which Moscow supplied Moldova (including Transnistria) up to 3 billion cubic meters of gas per year, expired on September 30, but the parties urgently agreed to extend it for another month - until November 1.Ā Several bilateral negotiations took place in October, this time the head of Gazprom Alexey Miller and the head of Gazprom Export Elena Burmistrova conducted three-day negotiations in St. Petersburg.Ā Moldova was represented by Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Infrastructure and Regional Development Andrei Spinu and the head of Moldovagaz Vadim Ceban.

Chisinau and Moscow have reached a basic agreement on a price formula, an audit of the old debt formed by Moldovagaz, and the need for a subsequent dialogue on payments, the Moldovan Infrastructure Ministry said on October 29.Ā The problem of Moldova's debt was one of the key obstacles to the completion of the negotiations.Ā Gazprom estimated it at $ 709 million, of which the "body" of the debt is $ 433 million. At the negotiations, as the interlocutors of Kommersant claimed, the Russian Federation offered to repay Moldova the "body" in three years, and the remainder (accumulated delay) in two more.Ā In return, Gazprom guaranteed Moldova a 25% discount on gas from the market price.

At the same time, for the first time since 2012, Moscow and Chisinau are returning to concluding a medium-term contract - before, they were usually extended by one year, which Kommersant's interlocutors explained by Chisinau's unwillingness to repay debts.

The Ministry of Infrastructure of Moldova specifies that theĀ price for the new contract will be formed according to the formula proposed by the Moldovan sideĀ .

As one of Kommersant's interlocutors, familiar with the results of the negotiations, explains, the price formula will be hybrid, that is, based on spot quotations of oil products and prices at one of the gas hubs.

According to one of Kommersant's interlocutors, the ratio will be 70% to 30% in favor of oil products.Ā Officially, the proportion is not specified.

Gazprom's press service reported that a protocol was signed to resolve current issues in the gas sector.

The previous agreement between the countries had a full spot link to the German hub NCG with a time basis for a month in advance, which, given the current situation on world natural gas markets, significantly increased the cost of gas for Moldova.Ā Thus, in October, Gazprom supplies gas to the country for $ 790 per 1,000 cubic meters, while the volume of supplies was significantly reduced: 176 million cubic meters (54 million cubic meters for the right-bank Moldova, 122 million for the left bank of the Dniester) instead of the originally requested 250 million cubic meters.Ā The underdelivery is explained by the fact that Gazprom did not manage to reserve the necessary capacities through Ukraine in the required time frame.

Due to the current situation, the Moldovan parliamentĀ announcedĀ the introduction of a state of emergency in connection with the gas crisis until November 20.Ā Moldova, which does not have gas storage facilities, tried to cover the deficit in imports with gas in pipelines, which, in turn, led to a decrease in pressure in the gas pipeline system.Ā Now Chisinau buys small consignments of gas to maintain the pressure in the pipeline - 1 million cubic meters at daily auctions - from European suppliers:Ā PolishĀ PGNiG,Ā DutchVitol, Ukrainian Naftogaz.Ā But the price of these supplies is probably higher than that of Gazprom, since they are based on the TTF hub, and suppliers, as a rule, include profitability in such contracts.Ā In addition, the European Commission announced that it will allocate ā‚¬ 60 million to Moldova to overcome the gas crisis.Ā On what conditions and in what period the funds will be provided is not specified.Ā With current quotations on the spot markets ($ 942 per 1,000 cubic meters), these funds will be enough to purchase about 64 million cubic meters.Ā This is the monthly consumption of the right bank

Ā 

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/5060270?from=top_main_1

• Upvote 1

(edited)

New Gas Price for Moldowa is 450 USD. It was not smart not to pay. Otherwise the price would be lower. The contract 2009 with a price of 150 USD is over.

And 709 Million must be repaid.

Edited by Starschy

1 hour ago, Starschy said:

New Gas Price for Moldowa is 450 USD. It was not smart not to pay. Otherwise the price would be lower. The contract 2009 with a price of 150 USD is over.

And 709 Million must be repaid.

Bah. That's a significant discount off the $790 Gazprom asked first. Also, the 709 mln debt is to be audited by an unknown party first.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Bah. That's a significant discount off the $790 Gazprom asked first. Also, the 709 mln debt is to be audited by an unknown party first.

Thats no discount, because calculation for aĀ 5 year contract work very different.

By the wayĀ Moldovagaz belongs partially to Gazprom which is a joint Company with the Moldova Government. They know exactly how much money is outstanding.

• Like 1