On 8/23/2021 at 2:39 AM, Boat said:

That news was not big story  by the Media. This is the danger of a wing it Trump on the loose. All these presidents need to be kept on a shorter leash. It’s obvious that the military and politicians combined equal poor decisions and outcomes. They hide their games/moves with intent. We need to try an Asian woman president. The white boys are failures. 

Kamala for POTUS!  Make it soon!

• Rolling Eye 1

On 9/14/2021 at 3:33 PM, Wombat1 said:

Tomasz, the EU prevented BHP from taking over Rio Tinto back in 2006 on the basis of competition policy. The Chinese got 15% of Rio Tinto 2 years later during the GFC. And they demanded spot pricing. The result? They have been paying exuberant prices for iron ore ever since. Then the Americans started bragging about how they were going to crush the Australian LNG industry by introducing spot prices to Asia. The result? Record high prices long before it has now finally occurred in Europe. As you say, the introduction of speculators has made life difficult for energy companies and consumers alike. I have mentioned this on another thread, "Green New Deal = Blizzard of Lies". The thrust of my argument was that market volatility over the last 13 years has made it impossible for energy companies to invest heavily. Especially the Western oil majors, who also face green tape. As a hard-hitter myself, I can say that "every dog has it's day", and so will be the case for Putin and Russia. I expect the Nord Stream 2 will make fantastic profits for 5-6 years, but start to become unviable after that. There is just so much gas in the Mediteranean and Qatar/Iran that consumer countries will gain the upper hand eventually and Hydrogen will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Where is so much gas in the Mediteranean? If you talk about Israel, they don't have much gas....Plus it is nontrivial task to deliver it to Europe...

• Rolling Eye 1

On 9/13/2021 at 5:18 AM, Billyjack said:

Yes we should only believe what ever the government says, like you 'woke again" flock that worship the government. That's the reason that they try to reduce math education so they can say anything they want regardless of whether it adds up.

Please stop equivocate here...Just accept that you said stupid thing about Gazprom, that's it. You could not support your irrational statement. Do not appeal to "math and engineering". If you say stupid things, math and engineering does not matter. To live in the real world better to have logical and critical thinking. Do not believe in Flat Earth just because government says opposite.

Bye. 

About gas fields in Western Siberia: those near Urals will perhaps get exhausted, but few hundreds kilometers to the east new fields are being developed, discovered ca. 1960, but less accessible (i.e. more infrastructure needed) than Yamal region.

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/industry-and-energy/2021/06/new-arctic-oil-region-emerges-banks-tazov-bay

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 10:28 AM, turbguy said:

After WWII, at least USA's Germans were better than the Soviet's Germans!

The Russians lost millions of citizens to Germany, America lost a relatively small number. We gave the Russians the ways and means to do the killing and stayed out until the Japanese forced our hand. Unfortunately the Soviet Union emerged from the damage the Germans created. Merkel is grew up in the Soviet Union, East Germany. She speaks Russian and has been plotting Germany's course for many years. 

Germany lost millions of citizens to both sides during WW2, not even including the "internal genocide" German politics "performed".

If the proton was discovered just 10 years earlier, Germany would easily have had thermonuclear weapons at their disposal during WW2.

If Merkel has lived and experienced East Germany, why would she EVER want to return to anything like that type of society??

Speaking Russian is quite an advantage, IMO.

On 8/1/2021 at 8:34 PM, Boat said:

German nat gas consumption has been flat for years. They claim they want to go to renewables. So why would they want Russian infrastructure that will be a legacy mess in a few years? 

Merkel figures that a bear with a full belly is safer than one with an empty belly. Also, she is smart enough to know that Germany will need natural gas for the foreseeable future even though they don't want to use their own. Sort of like Newsome and California's solution.

(edited)

On 9/15/2021 at 12:15 PM, dukeNukem said:

Where is so much gas in the Mediteranean? If you talk about Israel, they don't have much gas....Plus it is nontrivial task to deliver it to Europe...

http://www.nsf-journal.hr/desktopmodules/dnninfo_news/newsimages/1225/366418_07-01-gas.png Main Oil Fields in the Eastern Mediterranean.

https://www.eia.gov/international/content/analysis/regions_of_interest/Eastern_Mediterranean/eastern-mediterranean.pdf

Edited by Ron Wagner
reference
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron Wagner said:

Thanks Ron. What I mean "not much gas" is potential export capacity about 10 bcm of gas per year to Europe...But it is really doubtful if Israel will be able to build pipeline. 1) Turkey heavily oppose it 2) Technical reasons, very difficult geology and deep depth subsea

• Like 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, dukeNukem said:

Thanks Ron. What I mean "not much gas" is potential export capacity about 10 bcm of gas per year to Europe...But it is really doubtful if Israel will be able to build pipeline. 1) Turkey heavily oppose it 2) Technical reasons, very difficult geology and deep depth subsea

Thanks Duke, I was thinking LNG for now and maybe a pipeline to Greece, Italy, or Spain in the future. It could then go anywhere to hook up with existing pipelines. 

https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/projects/eastern-mediterranean-pipeline-project/#

Edited by Ron Wagner
reference