ronwagn

Europeans and Americans are beginning to see the results of depending on renewables.

(edited)

1 hour ago, NickW said:

So with renewables there isn't enough gas. 

Without renewables and assuming no coal or nuclear the requirement for gas would be even greater wouldn't it? 

Natural gas is abundant and available all over the world. When it is made the enemy by green foolishness then supply chain disruptions are inevitable. The same is true with gasoline or anything else. Right now, almost everything, is overpriced and hard to find. Thank people like our President and his supporters. Meanwhile I will sit back and laugh and cry. This was all predicted by Ayn Rand. 

Of course it is foolish not to use coal or nuclear if nothing else is available. Wind and solar are not ready for prime time. Oil and gas can ramp up production soon, not wind and solar.

TOP 25 QUOTES BY AYN RAND (of 1049) | A-Z Quotes

Edited by ronwagn
add

1 hour ago, NickW said:

So with renewables there isn't enough gas. 

Without renewables and assuming no coal or nuclear the requirement for gas would be even greater wouldn't it? 

Of course it is foolish not to use coal or nuclear if nothing else is available. Wind and solar are not ready for prime time. Oil and gas can ramp up production soon, not wind and solar.

9 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Wind and solar offer import dependent countries to not be entirely reliant on imported fuels. 

Anyway at current gas prices wind and solar are much cheaper per kwh. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NickW said:

Wind and solar offer import dependent countries to not be entirely reliant on imported fuels. 

Anyway at current gas prices wind and solar are much cheaper per kwh. 

https://www.citizensutilityboard.org/blog/2019/11/04/natural-gas-bills-predicted-to-drop-unless-you-live-in-the-midwest/ Thankfully America is not import dependent for energy. Great Britain and Europe chose to not develop their natural gas and are suffering from that decision. I did my very small part trying to inform them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Natural gas is abundant and available all over the world. When it is made the enemy by green foolishness then supply chain disruptions are inevitable. The same is true with gasoline or anything else. Right now, almost everything, is overpriced and hard to find. Thank people like our President and his supporters. Meanwhile I will sit back and laugh and cry. This was all predicted by Ayn Rand. 

TOP 25 QUOTES BY AYN RAND (of 1049) | A-Z Quotes

Natural gas is abundant and available all over the world. ???? what a load of BS. Europe itself does not have abundant nat gas. The known gas deposits in Europe (North Sea) have been tapped and worked to death. IE why Europe is importing most (over 80 percent )  of its gas needs today from Russia

basins-oil-fields-gas-Europe-Russia-Central.jpg

(edited)

I guess you didn't look at your own map or pay attention to all of the heated debates about tapping European and British natural gas over the last decade. They decided not to use hydrofracking and are now paying the price Russia or others require.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_natural_gas_proven_reserves

1280px-Countries_by_Natural_Gas_Proven_Reserves_%282014%29.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulic_fracturing_by_country#:~:text=Hydraulic fracturing has become a,the states of the US.

New natural gas finds are commonplace and it is usually associated with oil and other useful gases. This graph shows the rapid growth of new finds. It does not include methane hydrates which are much greater and are available offshore.

1024px-World_Gas_Reserves.png

Edited by ronwagn
reference

4 hours ago, notsonice said:

Natural gas is abundant and available all over the world. ???? what a load of BS. Europe itself does not have abundant nat gas. The known gas deposits in Europe (North Sea) have been tapped and worked to death. IE why Europe is importing most (over 80 percent )  of its gas needs today from Russia

Fact is that Russia delivers around 45% Gas to Europe and not Fake News 80% as claimed here.

Eurostat is a prime Source:

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=EU_imports_of_energy_products_-_recent_developments#Main_suppliers_of_natural_gas_and_petroleum_oils_to_the_EU

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Natural gas is abundant and available all over the world.

If that is so (and I believe it could be), who is manipulating the market, driving the market price higher?

• Upvote 1

(edited)

The countries that do not maximize production, distribution and marketing of natural gas. That is now controlled partially by "green forces" around the world. The Greens now hold an important position in Western Europe, especially in Germany. Their counterparts working in the oil and gas stock investments are promoting more lucrative wind and solar due to rich government subsidies. They are working to suppress investments in oil and gas production. Putin has been vocal about opposing hydrofracking in Europe. He won that argument with the help of the Greens. President Biden has shut down several important pipelines that would increase natural gas supply including to New Jersey from Pennsylvania  that would have also benefitted New England. 

Nordstream 2 increases demand for Russian natural gas. China is helping Russia pay for its Power of Siberia LNG development but mainly relies on Central Asian countries through pipelines. China is willing to pay LNG prices as needed, partially to clean its dense pollution problems. Europe does not want to pay the higher prices for LNG from around the world, if it can be piped from Russia. India is also a large consumer of LNG and propane through imports. 

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=43655

Edited by ronwagn
reference

File:California Electricity Generation Sources Pie Chart.svg

• Upvote 1

On 10/6/2021 at 2:56 PM, ronwagn said:

Case in point Europe. 

Supposedly, Texas is going to get serious about decreasing flaring. I have been saying it should have been made illegal long ago. The technology to do so is readily available. 

Actually, the TXRRC is looking at  SWD.  The solution to decreased flaring is pipelines.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ronwagn said:

File:California Electricity Generation Sources Pie Chart.svg

Are imported sources are not accounted for in this graphic??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turbguy said:

Clearly not as the coal from AZ/UT is not in there. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 7:10 PM, ronwagn said:

This is an interesting article. I would love to see how much money they will spend on their total operations during the life of this agency! 

Did you actually read it? It tells a story of a nuclear waste storage site, whose entire history has been marred by a string of accidents and which employs 10,000 people to do nothing much and is getting decommissioned ASAP, anyway.

How is any of this remotely close to the Russian vision of "closed loop" nuclear energy, free of nuclear waste altogether and which has just arrived?

• Rolling Eye 1

On 10/7/2021 at 7:20 PM, ronwagn said:

Ok then. Why is this not being done? Why not use Yucca Flat which was stopped by Senator Harry Reid, Democrat. 

That was the plan until 2000 s NASA started high altitude geophysical flights that foundd lots of things we didn't know about.  the https://ntrs.nasa.gov/citations/19910023350 found  creatons a large volcanic structure under the mountains that subduction had hidden from us.  NASA over flights have found 3 cretons from 4 billion years ago .

Those are orignial crust of the earth and are in Australia, EasternCanada and south Africa. We now know that s was't really accepted untill about 15 years (1990) after the first reserach papers were published.life life began on earth   some 3.7 years+ ago and still carries on in Shark Bay in Western Australia..  What I was taught in college geophysics in the early 1970's is garbage.   Most people don't know old science from 50 years ago is garbage. Some things like  the asteoid in Yucatan killing the dinosaur  is generally accepted by every one; there are still holdouts. 

• Like 1

(edited)

What the RRC found out-is how much royalty money land owners lose including State of Texas leases and how big the number that the loss of severance tax is.

Edited by nsdp
omitted depende,t clause
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, turbguy said:

Don't think so.   Not enough to cover imports from Canada and the Columbia river basin Path 15 is about 3 parallel routes of 500mw and 65 is 2500 mw  om hte C path 62 from Colorabo River basin ) to LA. They ship power north mostly on 65 toPuget sound and BCHydro in the winter. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, nsdp said:

That was the plan until 2000 s NASA started high altitude geophysical flights that foundd lots of things we didn't know about.  the https://ntrs.nasa.gov/citations/19910023350 found  creatons a large volcanic structure under the mountains that subduction had hidden from us.  NASA over flights have found 3 cretons from 4 billion years ago .

Those are orignial crust of the earth and are in Australia, EasternCanada and south Africa. We now know that s was't really accepted untill about 15 years (1990) after the first reserach papers were published.life life began on earth   some 3.7 years+ ago and still carries on in Shark Bay in Western Australia..  What I was taught in college geophysics in the early 1970's is garbage.   Most people don't know old science from 50 years ago is garbage. Some things like  the asteoid in Yucatan killing the dinosaur  is generally accepted by every one; there are still holdouts. 

I remember reading about a couple of nuke installations that were built downstream of dams around 15 years ago.  Later they discovered fault lines found by new tech in the area. Who knows how many of these impending disasters are out there we seem to escape. So far. I quit looking for this type of information as I got older. I don’t feel as indestructible. 
Speaking of that has anyone heard about how the flooding in China has affected solar, wind, coal and nat gas? All you here about is Australia. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 3:28 AM, JoMack said:

Actually, the TXRRC is looking at  SWD.  The solution to decreased flaring is pipelines.  

There are several other solutions aside from pipelines. They include using the gas to power generators used for oil production, fracking etc. Purifiying and converting to LNG or CNG onsite and shipping to nearby cities etc. All of this was researched and invented a decade ago. Those in the business an the regulators didn't give a damn. Maybe if they are not allowed to function they will be willing to stop flaring and use this valuable natural resource. Especially at todays prices. 

On 10/9/2021 at 2:46 PM, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Did you actually read it? It tells a story of a nuclear waste storage site, whose entire history has been marred by a string of accidents and which employs 10,000 people to do nothing much and is getting decommissioned ASAP, anyway.

How is any of this remotely close to the Russian vision of "closed loop" nuclear energy, free of nuclear waste altogether and which has just arrived?

Yes of course I read it. It is the history of nuclear problems in Great Britain. I know nothing of closed loop nuclear energy that you are talking about. Please provide a reference. 

Russia has a pretty dismal history of nuclear problems also. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Boat said:

I remember reading about a couple of nuke installations that were built downstream of dams around 15 years ago.  Later they discovered fault lines found by new tech in the area. Who knows how many of these impending disasters are out there we seem to escape. So far. I quit looking for this type of information as I got older. I don’t feel as indestructible. 
Speaking of that has anyone heard about how the flooding in China has affected solar, wind, coal and nat gas? All you here about is Australia. 

All I know is that this has been a disastrous flooding year around large areas of China. I just posted an article as a reply to my own topic. Last night, it shows a nightmare of new flooding. It is under geopolitics.

On 10/9/2021 at 3:28 AM, JoMack said:

SWD is another acronym with more than one meaning. What is your usage?