ronwagn

Europeans and Americans are beginning to see the results of depending on renewables.

Recommended Posts

On 9/22/2021 at 9:21 PM, Boat said:

I experienced the Texas storm. When you mix Republicans and nat gas, people die. If Texas followed the rule of its own laws they would jail those who hire illegals. This population drop of illegals going home because of lack of jobs would ease nat gas demand and allow renewables with batteries to expand market share.

It would also cost the republicans two congressional seats that Texas gained from the  census and an other  two seats as the districts go back to 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

45 minutes ago, nsdp said:

It would also cost the republicans two congressional seats that Texas gained from the  census and an other  two seats as the districts go back to 2018.

I do believe you are experiencing a Geographical location moment....Below would be the @risk crowd.

 

Pow wow.jpg

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 10/9/2021 at 1:48 PM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Clearly not as the coal from AZ/UT is not in  there. 

Der Grosseer Scheisskopf

Utah coal goes 100% to Pacific Lighting when LADWP optied out of the Internountian Project expansion as of Jan 1, 2011. AZ(and NM) coal goes to Tri-State Generating (AZ, CO NE NM and WY)  ,APS, Tuscon and Salt River , and PNM.  Doesn't look like there is any coal from AZ or UT and NM) going to CA. LADWP was the last to exit Navajo in 2015. Anyway that is what the FERC Form 3 says.

Edited by nsdp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

I do believe you are experiencing a Geographical location moment....Below would be the @risk crowd.

 

Pow wow.jpg

You pull the illegals out and send their employers to FBP you lose 1,6 million residents and another 800.000 voters. That  eliminates the two new districts. Plus Tony Gonzales District 23 is gone because his new makeup population comes from El Paso way too many to comply with Bakerr vs Carr  and drops Kendal, Kerr, Bandera counties entirely and NW San Antonio. Or Mike McCaul  District 10 gets to pick his poison; he either  Republican (80% R) north west Austin (80 or NW Harris County(Houston).  I don't know how losing 2, 5 million in voting  population is going to help Republicans  Here in District 23 where I live I think I know how losing roughly 100,000 in the Anglo side of the district while adding voters who are 82% Hispanic..  What  you have done would be like me redistricting California while living in Texas, stupid arrogance.

NONE OF THOSE PICTURED ABOVE REPRESENTS TEXAS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2021 at 9:34 AM, Michael Sanches said:

The sad part is governments and radicals cause so much pain.

I have no doubt that our energy needs will all be met by renewables by 2200. Likewise, most cars will be EV's. We should let the market get us from here to there; it is the most efficient. I look forward to that day (for my descendants.)

It is sad that we have all these people who think they are gods who demand this route or that route.

The so called rush to renewables comes in large part from the huge price swings from FF. Natural disasters and geopolitical conflicts swing demand and production levels. Business and trade do best in a stable environment. Next comes the cost of healthcare and quality of life issues as pollution takes its toll. Then there are legacy issues in millions of uncapped wells that keeps growing. Unfortunately gas blows up, pipelines rupture and tankers wreck. Let’s not forget all these very obvious problems that send engineers and investors looking for solutions. But hey, we’re getting there slow but sure because these FF problems can’t be solved. The speed of change is driven by cost and applying new tech. As responsible choices become more efficient you will see the speed of change dramatically increase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2021 at 12:08 AM, Boat said:

The so called rush to renewables comes in large part from the huge price swings from FF. Natural disasters and geopolitical conflicts swing demand and production levels. Business and trade do best in a stable environment. Next comes the cost of healthcare and quality of life issues as pollution takes its toll. Then there are legacy issues in millions of uncapped wells that keeps growing. Unfortunately gas blows up, pipelines rupture and tankers wreck. Let’s not forget all these very obvious problems that send engineers and investors looking for solutions. But hey, we’re getting there slow but sure because these FF problems can’t be solved. The speed of change is driven by cost and applying new tech. As responsible choices become more efficient you will see the speed of change dramatically increase.

As the price of fossil fuels continues to skyrocket, more production will eventually come online.

That's what happens when the price goes up.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

As the price of fossil fuels continues to skyrocket, more production will eventually come online.

That's what happens when the price goes up.

When the price goes up people also substitute with less expensive alternatives.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

When the price goes up people also substitute with less expensive alternatives.

Quite. I wonder how  much permanent demand destruction arises from people shaken into action by rapidly rising prices. Time to insulate the loft, replace the lights with LED's, insulate the hot water tank etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.