hemanthaa@mail.com

Perfect Energy Storm in Europe: turning our back on fossil fuels is easier said than done!

4 hours ago, Eric Gagen said:

Even if it's true (and I doubt that it is 100% true) the oil and gas companies and state can still choose which areas to put capital investment in to increase production.  Now that they have more options,  Europe doesn't automatically benefit from the excess.  

Why is it always me who has to Google for you, you lazy bourgeois Westerners? Behold, a coarse map of Gazprom's pipeline grid

map_sila_sib_p0-2020_eng.png

Where to prioritize the development? Obviously, to Asia. Europe with its playing hard to get games is going to see its lot diverted east soon enough.

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

Edited by Jay McKinsey

A record year for exports  by Gazprom? Looks like they are matching 2018. Nope Gazprom is not holding back....

Demand is outstripping supply....That is what happens when a recession ends and pent up demand goes thru the roof........Existing Pipelines running at full capacity? what is the maximum capacity of all of Gazproms pipelines to Europe? Nordstream 2 to the rescue to bump up the numbers even more? Does Russia have more gas drilled and ready to ramp up to 250 BCM in the near future as Nordstream 2 is adding 55 BCM in capacity

2017-today-OPAL-V-Kapusany.png

Natural gas exports made to countries outside the former Soviet Union by Gazprom Export (billion cubic meters):

Year 1973 1975 1980 1985 1990 1995 2000 2005 2010 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020
Total 6.8 19.3 54.8 69.4 110.0 117.4 130.3 154.3 138.6 158.6 178.3 192.2 200.8 198.97 174.9

EXPORTS

* Russian energy giant Gazprom says its gas exports outside the former Soviet Union jumped more than 15% for January to the end of September to 145.8 billion cubic meters (bcm), the second-highest level for the period behind a record 149.2 bcm in the first nine months of 2018.

* The recently completed Nord Stream 2 pipeline from Russia to Germany has annual capacity of 55 bcm and the operator says it can deliver enough energy to supply 26 million households per year.

* Russia also raised gas pipeline supplies to Turkey by 138% in the January to September period and to Germany by a third. Exports have also risen to Italy (14%), Romania (305.6%), Serbia (125.2%), Poland (11.2%), Bulgaria (52.5%), Greece (10.8%) and Finland (17.5%).

* Gazprom expects its gas exports to Europe to rise this year to more than 183 bcm, up 6 bcm from 2020.

* Gazprom's total natural gas production increased 17.3% to 378.1 bcm in the first nine months of the year while domestic supplies rose almost 16%, or 24 bcm, the company said.

17 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Bragging about beating a family SUV after it had toasted you up to 80mph, wow. What matters is 99.99% of the market that drive on public streets and don't care about going over 100mph.  Again with the 7 year old cars, who cares? You guys are really pathetic with how you like to use massively out of date info to support your claims. Today you can order a Tesla Model 3 Performance for $55K that does 0-60 in 3.1 seconds.

You don't seem to understand that I don't care about the Tesla and it's 0-60 at all.  I could buy five Teslas for what my 812 cost.  I don't want them and as to 7 year old cars, that's about the average age of cars on the road.  My info isn't out of date, I compared like to like and if you do it now, I think the new 992 TTS does 0-60 in 2.2s, stock which is faster than the Tesla at 3.1s.

https://fastestlaps.com/models/porsche-911-turbo-s-992

https://www.carindigo.com/tesla/model-s-electric/0to60

On 10/5/2021 at 9:37 AM, Andrei Moutchkine said:

The "existing pipeline" is not a pipeline, but the Ukrainian grid, which is in progressive state of disrepair and also the most expensive option. The Stockholm arbitrage ruled in favor of Ukraine and made Gazprom change the traditional take-or-pay contract (i.e. minimal volume commitment, or traditional Groeningen-model gas contract) to the effective opposite, pump-or-pay.

Okay, I'm not challenging what you say but I'm not sure how that effects lack of supply. You seem to be arguing the merits of one pipeline or network over another, sparked by a point I mentioned in passing. Another poster commented the Russians were sending their gas elsewhere. I'm not arguing with that either, I just wanted an explanation.  

(edited)

14 hours ago, markslawson said:

Okay, I'm not challenging what you say but I'm not sure how that effects lack of supply. You seem to be arguing the merits of one pipeline or network over another, sparked by a point I mentioned in passing. Another poster commented the Russians were sending their gas elsewhere. I'm not arguing with that either, I just wanted an explanation.  

There is ADDITIONAL supply that Gazprom actually does have in storage, but you cannot nab them for withholding any of the EXISTING supply. Because this year is going to close as their largest or second-largest (after 2018) volume year ever. Why should they be charitable to Europeans after having endured several years of unprecedented abuse heaped on them? Instead, could they profiteer from the situation.

There is not much that they can do in the way of redirection to Asia yet, as the Western Siberian fields serving Europe and Far Eastern ones serving China and LNG trains serving rest of Asia Pacific are not interconnected yet. It is being worked on with high priority though. Once there, expect Gazprom to be diverting more and more gas in the direction of Asia, where they play by commercial rules, leaving Europe with a daunting task of inventing some kind of carbon tax on gaping void.

Edited by Andrei Moutchkine
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

12 hours ago, wrs said:

You don't seem to understand that I don't care about the Tesla and it's 0-60 at all.  I could buy five Teslas for what my 812 cost.  I don't want them and as to 7 year old cars, that's about the average age of cars on the road.  My info isn't out of date, I compared like to like and if you do it now, I think the new 992 TTS does 0-60 in 2.2s, stock which is faster than the Tesla at 3.1s.

https://fastestlaps.com/models/porsche-911-turbo-s-992

https://www.carindigo.com/tesla/model-s-electric/0to60

You don't seem to understand that I don't care about your track racing. When you compare renewable energy with fossil energy do you also use 7 year old data? 

The current 911 Turbo S is 2.6s for $207,000!!

Tesla Model 3 Performance 3.1s for $57,000.

Tesla Model S Plaid 2.0s for $130,000

Edited by Jay McKinsey

On 10/1/2021 at 10:01 PM, notsonice said:

WOKEASSHOLES????

I say FUCK YOU AND YOURS???

You sound like you need some time out and a little mental health counseling.

I have say it again....

Stop feeding the trolls

On 10/2/2021 at 12:20 AM, RichieRich216 said:

Ha, Ha by your picture looks like a dead immigrant! I at least had electricity when going to school , what’s your excuse, no money of candles ? Stick to Cut & Pasting Articles …

Are you a native indian? 

On 10/2/2021 at 12:18 PM, Starschy said:

The second issue in UK is missing redundancy for Power 40% produced with Gas. Missing Pipeline to France the same with Powerline and Transformer Station. 90% of the UK issues are planning mistakes by their inferior Government.

You are truly clueless aren't you!

You continually come up with ill informed responses and don't do your research

I have referenced your errors on another topic and debunked your opinions/comments with facts

Which country are you from? I'm guessing one in the EU, so the EU's planning is far better?? well I look forward to when Russia squeezes your balls on Nordstream 2 this winter!!! Good luck and enjoy the cold and unaffordable gas prices.

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2021 at 3:51 PM, Sebastian Meana said:

imagen.png.0d5341e729d34d90ab52904d04941ea1.png

Yep this sums up the EU's policy perfectly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/4/2021 at 12:05 AM, markslawson said:

As I said limiting supplies through the European pipeline for various reasons - if you say its because the Russians were sending the gas elsewhere then I'll accept that .. but we can agree that teh UK and others should have been arranging alternate supplies rather than moaning about climate.. 

The UK has and does

https://www.energy-uk.org.uk/our-work/generation/gas-generation/gas-supplies.html

And most recently regarding electricity

https://www.euronews.com/2021/10/01/north-sea-link-world-s-longest-undersea-power-cable-linking-norway-and-uk-is-now-operation

12 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

You don't seem to understand that I don't care about your track racing. When you compare renewable energy with fossil energy do you also use 7 year old data? 

The current 911 Turbo S is 2.6s for $207,000!!

Tesla Model 3 Performance 3.1s for $57,000.

Tesla Model S Plaid 2.0s for $130,000

NO, I gave you the price I paid for my car and what the Tesla cost at the time.  Again, 0-60 is more about traction than performance and that is why the Turbo S with AWD is so fast off the line.  The Tesla 3 dual motor is a nice little car but it's not comparable to the Porsche on any other performance measure.  You can look at what I linked and then look around at the Tesla 3 numbers but as an example, the 100-200km/h time on the Porsche is 5.9s whereas on the Model 3 dual motor it's 11.9s.  LOL!  You really are clueless when it comes to performance measures.

9 hours ago, NickW said:

Are you a native indian? 

Are you a Wasp? The point is that what you are asking has no revelance.

But to Answer your question; I am not.

Hello Admin can you extract those Tesla Car discussion in a separate blog.

7 minutes ago, RichieRich216 said:

Are you a Wasp? The point is that what you are asking has no revelance.

But to Answer your question; I am not.

You said Jay looked like a 'dead immigrant'

From a US perspective all people are immigrants / descendants of immigrants unless indigenous and that would mean native indian. 

Just asking😄

13 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Rob - sorry but none of that is actually relevant. I was well aware of the power interconnectors and the North sea gas. Note this point from the material you linked .. However production from these fields is now in decline and we are importing more and more of our gas from abroad.

That was the point I was making. While the gas supplies from the North sea have been declining, the UK hasn't been exploring for gas or developing fracking as it should, all while coal has been demonised. The interconnectors are there to shift power around the market - to make the market more efficient and as a back-up - but they are no substitute for domestic generation, and are subject to some good will from other nations who may also have their own energy problems.. Leave it with you..     

4 hours ago, NickW said:

You said Jay looked like a 'dead immigrant'

From a US perspective all people are immigrants / descendants of immigrants unless indigenous and that would mean native indian. 

Just asking😄

So you are a U.S. WASP? That would explain a lot.....

9 hours ago, RichieRich216 said:

So you are a U.S. WASP? That would explain a lot.....

No I'm British

50% Anglo Saxon, 50% Celt

On 10/2/2021 at 4:20 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

Oil would be in shorter supply if they liked Vipers.

That is an understatement.
imagen.png.6ca8c7e23634effe10c6654d0063167b.png

On 10/3/2021 at 3:54 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

So your $350,000 two seater was toasted by a family SUV at street speeds which are the only thing that actually matter. Then you ramble on about a 7 year old Tesla being slow. Perhaps you might compare a new Tesla. Oh but you do don;t you by having to explain that your "modded" race car was *almost* as fast as the new Tesla family sedan.

Im sorry to tell you, but beating supercars doesnt make tesla that special really

If kids want to go to school they better walk or take the bus or wathever, walking is good for health.

this Datsun, on methanol, which is heavily modified by an asshole in texas, has 2000-3000hp not only is faster than any electric road car you can think off at any price, is faster than a 5000HP electric dragster.

https://scontent.fcor10-3.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/p960x960/118235402_10158524048177733_2049402866740068052_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=36a2c1&_nc_ohc=eEDmaicJhQYAX-cDGsg&_nc_ht=scontent.fcor10-3.fna&oh=ab987fd1133e5702f52aa376540b6585&oe=618B0EFEThe Tesla plaid makes the 0-120MPH in around 6 seconds, The T1 Datsun, will do it in 3 seconds.And has 4 seats, is road legal, and spits flames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc9rWA6wYv0