ronwagn

California to ban gasoline for lawn mowers, chain saws, leaf blowers, off road equipment, etc.

On 10/13/2021 at 4:16 AM, Rob Plant said:

Have you thought about getting someone in to do all that for you, then you can play more golf or whatever rocks your boatĀ šŸ˜‰

It is the best exercise I get during mowing and leaf mulching season. It is a lot better to mulch the leaves than bag them. That is about 30 fifty gallon bags. During the winter I have to motivate myself to dust off my exercise equipment.Ā 

On 10/13/2021 at 1:55 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

I am not surprised in the least. The US education system has let down a entire generation of children.Ā 

Ā 

You will be happy to know that I have four electric weedeaters and plenty of batteries to charge. Then I have drill and saw batteries, a leaf blower,Ā  and I use a small battery charger. One of my chainsaws is a plug in and I use a small one for small jobs. Another leaf blower is a plug in and is has more power. I actually had two gasoline powered weed eaters and gave them to my old church which has a huge lot.Ā 

I have two other 1/2 acre lots that need a brush hog mower but I am not about to deal with that work. I need to clear the lots and put them up for sale.Ā 

6 hours ago, ronwagn said:

It is the best exercise I get during mowing and leaf mulching season. It is a lot better to mulch the leaves than bag them. That is about 30 fifty gallon bags. During the winter I have to motivate myself to dust off my exercise equipment.Ā 

ahhhhggg exercise equipment!!Ā 

yep just done the same myself Ron, its killing me and I don't seem to be losing weightĀ šŸ˜„

Keep it up pal but I agree its better to exercise outdoors

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

ahhhhggg exercise equipment!!Ā 

yep just done the same myself Ron, its killing me and I don't seem to be losing weightĀ šŸ˜„

Keep it up pal but I agree its better to exercise outdoors

Good luck, I have to hold off until I have new cardiology tests. I might need stents and/or a new aortic valve. Feeling great but stamina after ten minutes is lousy. Doing light exercise right now.Ā 

Fasting 16 hours between feeding times helps me (and is supposed to be very good for your health)Ā but it is a slow grind because I am very sedentary. I need to stick to under 2,000 calories to lose weight. I do need to increase my metabolism with whatever exercise I can safely do.Ā 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 4:16 AM, Rob Plant said:

Have you thought about getting someone in to do all that for you, then you can play more golf or whatever rocks your boatĀ šŸ˜‰

I need the exercise and I enjoy all the different views while mowing or mulching fall leaves. I have lots of windows so always have good views where I work in my living room simultaneously watching news and on the computer or reading. I need to do more reading but I am active on more than just oilprice.com. I spread information to the conservative social sites. Facebook and Twitter virtually silence me although I have about ten thousand friends and followers in theory. All conservatives suffer from censorship.Ā 

On 10/14/2021 at 2:00 PM, specinho said:

might be something that burns with orangy- red fire in California, and other less developed areas where logging is deemed too troublesome compared to clearing land with a blaze........ :o:|

Ā 

about to try that trick......... to have cows clearing weed off ........ need no manual effort of cutting grass, mowing etc every other week. Besides daydream of harvesting milk, making cheese, ice cream and stuff ............. But, allaassss........ cow fart and cow dung are categorized as hazardous or unhygienic material by the government in residential area........ Plan not approved........

Ā 

Ā 

image.thumb.png.60ef2afc4e5a639b1665ba2de416cea2.png

Ā 

Ā 

• Haha 1

Cows are not good for lawns. Ā You do not want cow pies on a lawn, while sheep droppings are dry and do not smell. Ā  All herbivores are good for accessing tricky ground in ditches, between trees etc., although goats could start climbing the trees. Ā Ā 

Seriously, I know people with huge lawns, like few acres, and they could benefit from such solutions, perhaps cooperating with the very farmers whose pastures were subdivided for the housing lots.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Piotr Berman said:

Cows are not good for lawns. Ā You do not want cow pies on a lawn, while sheep droppings are dry and do not smell. Ā  All herbivores are good for accessing tricky ground in ditches, between trees etc., although goats could start climbing the trees. Ā Ā 

Seriously, I know people with huge lawns, like few acres, and they could benefit from such solutions, perhaps cooperating with the very farmers whose pastures were subdivided for the housing lots.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I have recommended that for years, but Californians just allow their brush to build up and then complain about insurance rates. Woodlots need to look like parks, not natural, or they will burn off, in arid areas or droughts.Ā 

Goat and racoon stew tastes great!

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2021 at 6:20 PM, ronwagn said:

You will be happy to know that I have four electric weedeaters and plenty of batteries to charge. Then I have drill and saw batteries, a leaf blower,Ā  and I use a small battery charger. One of my chainsaws is a plug in and I use a small one for small jobs. Another leaf blower is a plug in and is has more power. I actually had two gasoline powered weed eaters and gave them to my old church which has a huge lot.Ā 

I have two other 1/2 acre lots that need a brush hog mower but I am not about to deal with that work. I need to clear the lots and put them up for sale.Ā 

The mower was merely a problem solver. It can no longer be said i am blatantly biased against green.Ā  Although i do have two battery driven screw drives now that you are taking inventories,Ā i am quite happyĀ we have had this conversation. I can now state i am green oriented....and as in all things with just the right amount of moderation.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

The mower was merely a problem solver. It can no longer be said i am blatantly biased against green.Ā  Although i do have two battery driven screw drives now that you are taking inventories,Ā i am quite happyĀ we have had this conversation. I can now state i am green oriented....and as in all things with just the right amount of moderation.

I have nothing against batteries but they must be used on jobs where they are cost effective and reliable.Ā 

(edited)

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

I have nothing against batteries but they must be used on jobs where they are cost effective and reliable.Ā 

Nor do i, with that being said I do have serious problems with energy being stored chemically on a level that is capable of powering a city.Ā 

The one question the Eco crowd ignores. To think they are the first to pursue that concept only demonstrates there uber arrogance.

There is only one source of stored energy on that magnitude. It is called oil/coal/gas.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Great Response! 1

12 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Nor do i, with that being said I do have serious problems with energy being stored chemically on a level that is capable of powering a city.Ā 

Ahh...

Like coal and petroleum products?

Chemicals, with energy stored, capable of powering a city.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, turbguy said:

Ahh...

Like coal and petroleum products?

Chemicals, with energy stored, capable of powering a city.

Yes Turbguy, they are the only stable chemical energy supply known to mankind. Vilify them if you must. Yet it is what it is.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

On 10/15/2021 at 9:50 PM, ronwagn said:

Good luck, I have to hold off until I have new cardiology tests. I might need stents and/or a new aortic valve. Feeling great but stamina after ten minutes is lousy. Doing light exercise right now.Ā 

Fasting 16 hours between feeding times helps me (and is supposed to be very good for your health)Ā but it is a slow grind because I am very sedentary. I need to stick to under 2,000 calories to lose weight. I do need to increase my metabolism with whatever exercise I can safely do.Ā 

Good luck Ron!

if you do need stents/a new valveĀ then I hope all goes well!

Yes gentle exercise regularly is the way forward.Ā 

My dad is 81 and is a member of a walking club, they do anything between 5-12 miles every Tuesday although the longer walks are now a bit too much for him. He still loves the countryside and enjoys the views and the friendship (and the odd pint at the pub afterwards!)

• Upvote 1

(edited)

10 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Yes Turbguy, they are the only stable chemical energy supply known to mankind. Vilify them if you must. Yet it is what it is.

Stable, such as this?

I got PLENTY more to share.

There are risks embedded within ALL energy systems.Ā  None of them are foolproof.Ā  And we have no shortage of fools.

Clipboard02.jpg

Edited by turbguy
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

10 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Good luck Ron!

if you do need stents/a new valveĀ then I hope all goes well!

Yes gentle exercise regularly is the way forward.Ā 

My dad is 81 and is a member of a walking club, they do anything between 5-12 miles every Tuesday although the longer walks are now a bit too much for him. He still loves the countryside and enjoys the views and the friendship (and the odd pint at the pub afterwards!)

Wow, I wish I could do that.That is more like in my youth and army days. I did earn a Dutch medal for a famous march they sponsor in Nijmegen. It is related to the Ā World Wars and was established as a memorial march for the military and later for civilians also. I was part of a marching team. One major problem was that the cobblestones drove the nails in my army boots up into my heels so it got tough toward the end. They had some cobblers to help along the way. I hope that army boots are better quality today. We got to talk to see a lot of other nations participate also. They have a big celebration at the end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Four_Days_Marches_Nijmegen

https://nijmegenmarchhowto.weebly.com/military.htmlĀ I think we only did about twenty miles in two days. Now they have four day marches.Ā 

Ā 

I did climb Mt. San Gorgonio in southern California twice, itĀ is its highest mountain. and Grays Peak in Colorado which is a "fourteener". I was about fifty for the fourteener and much younger for San Gorgonio.Ā 

Edited by ronwagn
reference
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 1:14 AM, bloodman33 said:

Goat and racoon stew tastes great!

Lots of racoons around here, in my yards also. I was worried about them and my chickens. I had my BB gun out and my window partially open for awhile, but my neighbor made them disappear.

There used to be a well known coon hunting magazine published in an adjoining town. I had subscribed to it as a kid in California. I always planned on visiting them but never did stop before they closed. I have never killed a coon but it sounded good as a kid and they had all kinds of fascinating ads for outdoorsmen.Ā 

On 10/13/2021 at 12:55 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

I am not surprised in the least. The US education system has let down a entire generation of children.Ā 

Ā 

As a student who's spent nearly 20 years around other students, I can assure you that the education system really isn't the problem...Ā 

They just don't give a flying fuck about anything other than what's immediate to their lives.Ā 

• Like 1

(edited)

22 hours ago, ronwagn said:

I did climb Mt. San Gorgonio in southern California twice, itĀ is its highest mountain. and Grays Peak in Colorado which is a "fourteener". I was about fifty for the fourteener and much younger for San Gorgonio.Ā 

the highest mountain I climbed when I was younger is Mount Timah, with an elevation of not more than 100 m......... 'o'Ā Ā  >.<

image.png.b3b0482dd7a60dc71cb10ab07c49be90.png

Edited by specinho
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

As a student who's spent nearly 20 years around other students, I can assure you that the education system really isn't the problem...Ā 

They just don't give a flying fuck about anything other than what's immediate to their lives.Ā 

True that many students are unmotivated. The problem is that those who are motivated are not given the opportunities to learn that they need. Especially those that are above average and exceptional. Dumbing Down is the current teaching philosophy. Add that to all sorts of topics that are interwoven to indoctrinate them into Wokeism and there just is no way to teach reading, writing, and arithmetic. Business math is all that is needed by 90% of students. It is critical for everyday life as is basic economics and finance. Those who are good at math should have all the encouragement and classes possible though.

Here is my topic on education:Ā https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PjW6KJmKDEqqrTVZyGwWK36YTvr46Axo9WDkY90WtU4/edit

11 hours ago, ronwagn said:

True that many students are unmotivated. The problem is that those who are motivated are not given the opportunities to learn that they need. Especially those that are above average and exceptional. Dumbing Down is the current teaching philosophy. Add that to all sorts of topics that are interwoven to indoctrinate them into Wokeism and there just is no way to teach reading, writing, and arithmetic. Business math is all that is needed by 90% of students. It is critical for everyday life as is basic economics and finance. Those who are good at math should have all the encouragement and classes possible though.

Here is my topic on education:Ā https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PjW6KJmKDEqqrTVZyGwWK36YTvr46Axo9WDkY90WtU4/edit

dude you are babbling nonsense, when is the last time you attended a class in a University?

2 hours ago, notsonice said:

dude you are babbling nonsense, when is the last time you attended a class in a University?

I have the equivalent of eight years of college including a Masters in Education/Counseling

Ā You have no arguments just snide remarks so bye again.Ā 

(edited)

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

I have the equivalent of eight years of college including a Masters in Education/Counseling

Ā You have no arguments just snide remarks so bye again.Ā 

Ā equivalent??? when is the last time you have sat in a university classroom? the 1960's?... Again your comments that you posted are rubbish.....

True that many students are unmotivated. The problem is that those who are motivated are not given the opportunities to learn that they need. Especially those that are above average and exceptional. Dumbing Down is the current teaching philosophy. Add that to all sorts of topics that are interwoven to indoctrinate them into Wokeism and there just is no way to teach reading, writing, and arithmetic.

Ā 

Your comments show your ignorance. You yourself post nothing backing up your ignorant comments

interwoven to indoctrinate them into WokeismĀ ????? what a bunch of bs babble, get a grip on yourself

Edited by notsonice