ronwagn

California to ban gasoline for lawn mowers, chain saws, leaf blowers, off road equipment, etc.

On 10/11/2021 at 4:43 PM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Don't forget, ALL small engines.Ā  No chainsaws, pressure washers, generators, weed wackers, water pumps, rotory drills, compactors, etc etc etc.

Guess they love wildfires, and will never harvest another tree again...Ā  Time to stop selling paper/cardboard to California.Ā 

PS: Why did you put this in oil general?Ā  Move it to politics

Generators!? Heaven forbid people make their own electricity when the Power Grid fails.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/14/2021 at 7:54 AM, Piotr Berman said:

When I was a wee lad in 1960-ties in Poland, two technologies were predominant in making grass short.

Number one,Ā Ā scythe. Ā Wielded with practice hand, it was as fast as a lawn mower, although you have to rake the grass and dry it, and have someone interested in your hay.

Number two, sheep. Ā They crop grass more evenly, and take care of clippings, so all-in-one package.

An improved version would be grazing kangaroos. Ā Unlike sheep and cows, they convert grass into meat without emitting methane.

Thinking about it, a household in outer suburbs can provide enough grass for a horse that can alsoĀ be used for shopping and recreation. Ā Unfortunately, shopping centers rarely reserve a part of the parking area for horses.

The roos( kangaroos) under my house create a lot of methane. We can smell it occasionally. Ā We live west of Brisbane.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Metalmania said:

Generators!? Heaven forbid people make their own electricity when the Power Grid fails.

I really don't think it is a political choice. I have an acre and have three riding mowers. It takes awhile to get them fixed and my wife and I often each ride one at the same time. I also have three push mowers for certain spots and two other houses we own. They both have large yards and helpers often ruin blades. There is no possibility I would use an electric lawnmower of any kind. My brother is a conservative but has an electric lawnmower for his little patch of grass. If I had his house I would probably have the same.Ā 

On the other hand I gave my gas powered weedeaters away because I didn't need them but have four electric weedeaters and lots of batteries for light work. I have two leaf blowers one plug in and one battery powered which has half the power. I have a gas powered chainsaw I don't use and and two electric powered ones that I do use. One is medium sized and one is for pruning.Ā 

I say they should ban all private jets/planes in California. I would guess that is a lot more than what all the small gas engines use. What a stupid idea.

• Like 2

(edited)

15 hours ago, ronwagn said:

I really don't think it is a political choice. I have an acre and have three riding mowers. It takes awhile to get them fixed and my wife and I often each ride one at the same time. I also have three push mowers for certain spots and two other houses we own. They both have large yards and helpers often ruin blades. There is no possibility I would use an electric lawnmower of any kind. My brother is a conservative but has an electric lawnmower for his little patch of grass. If I had his house I would probably have the same.Ā 

On the other hand I gave my gas powered weedeaters away because I didn't need them but have four electric weedeaters and lots of batteries for light work. I have two leaf blowers one plug in and one battery powered which has half the power. I have a gas powered chainsaw I don't use and and two electric powered ones that I do use. One is medium sized and one is for pruning.Ā 

ryobi-rear-engine-riding-mowers-ry48111-THE FUTURE OF MOWING HAS TAKEN A TURN

RYOBI 48-Volt Riding Lawn Mower. Instead of traditional gas it is powered with 100Ah lead acid batteries that offer two and a half hours of run time. It is quiet and emits 70 dB to allow for mowing without disturbing your neighbors. It's also equipped with LED headlights, a USB phone charger and a cruise control feature. Get a clean, level cut with the 38 in. 2-blade deck with a 12-position manual adjustment. The rear access charging port makes charging your rider easy when the job is done.

• Battery powered - no gas, no fumes
  • Up to 2.5-hours of run time on 1 charge
  • Quiet cutting at less than 70 dB
  • 12-position manual deck adjustments, from 1.5 in. to 4.5 in.
  • 38 in. 2-blade deck
  • Cruise control
  • LED headlights
  • USB charger
  • Charges through standard 120-Volt outlet
  • Replacement Battery: Leoch model LPC12-100
  • Learn More about the RYOBI Platform Here

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

48V Brushless 38 in. 100 Ah Battery Electric Rear Engine Riding Lawn Mower

Edited by notsonice

On 10/12/2021 at 1:43 AM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Don't forget, ALL small engines.Ā  No chainsaws, pressure washers, generators, weed wackers, water pumps, rotory drills, compactors, etc etc etc.

Guess they love wildfires, and will never harvest another tree again...Ā  Time to stop selling paper/cardboard to California.Ā 

PS: Why did you put this in oil general?Ā  Move it to politics

Fucking Nazis! Send them to EU. Look at this thing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goliath_tracked_mine

I'll take your gas guzzling lawnmover over this any time. 100 kg high explosives and 6 kmh speed is quite appropriate for a European environmentalist, but I would much rather take it the other way around - 6 kg and explosives and 100 kmh. About the same amount as the regular modern anti-tank mine, but much faster. Than we rebadge the "Robot Wars" to "Combat Drones" and do reruns, except for hot scantily clad chicks commenting, we'll have something appropriately LGBT+ Because who cares about the regionals anymore? This can go global, using all the Discover Disney Viacom affiliates. Think how much impact University of Tehran vs Technion Tel Aviv battle of jerry-rigged lawnmowers could have? My money is on team Crimson Jihad, the underrated one.

The crap Li-Ion Series can go to the underprivileged children of the Taliban, which aids their local mining industries and production of lithium salts against migraines their mums are experiencing due to patriarchic oppressions. It was heart-breaking toĀ  see the Afghans not to be able to enter the departing NATO transport planes, even though they knocked. I hope will their new Chinese friends demonstrate them the miracle of the electrical grinder, so it doesn't happen again? They'd so love to visit the Rammstein airbase in Germany, from where the drones making such impactful appearance at their local weddings are controlled, or Camp Bondsteel in Kosovo, which manages the MENA distribution for their heroin according to SAAP (Sharia Acceptable Accounting Practices) Good destination for scouting some local talent, too.

Enough sci-fi already. Lets do some fantasy. On the next Harik Potter, it turns out that absolutely every Polish child is magical enough to get into Hogwards by tunneling through concrete walls with their bare brains. All it takes is this magical potion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siwucha_vodka

(should be "wodka" though) The Russians quit, saying it gives them too much of a headache. (Siwucha is just siwucha in Russia and is proverbial) All you need it is some environmentally friendly Polish potato. They used to require 2x of those to disable a King Tiger Nazis sent, but now have an excess. Because the rafab M1s they got fall apart on their own. Since the Arctic owl is a rare species about to be released out of its misery due to global warming, is every Polish prodigy to be issue a magical woodpecker instead.

Remember how the immortal High Elves always scram to Valinor, once the going gets tough? Turns out, that is what it takes to remain immortal for long. Calamity! The dwarves got reception of Radio Free Mordor and are also now wondering whatever happened to their bitches. The plan is, to spin off the "Coal Time" TV, get the Elf NED to fund it, and show them Nicky Minaj to allure them to switch to the side of the Dark. The Evil Palantine Emperor is no more, but Palatinate Court of Manchester (they used to be with the Empire, not the Crown) ought to rule in favor of the British Crown going to King Stefan of Bulgaria, who is also of the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (rebranded as "Windsor" for regional distribution) You may have heard that the most inbred royals ever were the Spanish Habsburgs, who reached the status of being an offspring of brother and sister? Not true, there has been a breakthrough. You can be like brother and sister genetically, but having different parents. However, is Boris a boy and thus outranks Liz. Otherwise does the crown go to King Chuck, who wanted to be Camilla's tampon most of all.

Forest fires are actually the best thing ever,Ā  what are you tallking aboutĀ  California redwood only after everything else burns down, possible several times over. The rainforest is a toxic swamp hostile to people, except for crowns blocking everything else out. (This is where we get horticultural plants which can undo yellowing of the leaves)

Whatever happened to the other little girl who cried about the ozone hole? And Kuwaiti babes thrown out of Iraq? Some such, there were so many. I reckon this may have something to do with the lack of oxygen, no? Because why would there be ozone without anything breathing it out in Antarctic. It is a polar cap like 3 km thick, with nothing growing on it. Also melting away anytime soon?

The North Pole apparently got some kind of "vortex" now that is kinda stale. Should've just asked the Russians instead of making stuff up. See, unlike the physicist geeks placing their most important discoveries in the galaxy far far away in that giant black hole that is most easily audited, Russians go there all the time. Some 19-20 meters above the ice and there can be daytime summer. The overall size of the ice on 11-12 year solar cycle, most likely. Let's see the vested interests. See

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acidā€“base_reaction#Arrhenius_definition

This beautiful individual had started the Nobel committee, awarded himself the first one in chemistry between 1903-1905, than discovered weather heating up. Or cooling down? Whichever comes with more CO2. Greta, as a remote descendant must put in some elbow grease crying for environment of fragile Arctic region that cannot be disturbed. Except that there is no oil burning ships on the Northern SeaĀ  Route, only nukes and LNG, best exhaust ever. Anything Russian cannot be bad, because not free enough. Free as a beer? Actually, free as a Coke bottled by Coca Cola HRC (Coca Cola Hellenica bottling company)

Than you accuse everybody using coal to melt metal to be polluters, while sequestering CO2 into carbonation slag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bessemer_process

Yes, you see that right. It is possible to have steel melting be carbon negative. Another good choice is import some EN wood pellets and grind them back to paste. But don't they go explosive when they are fine powder, like when they are pressed? Explosive hazard to be externalized, carbon credit to be internalized. Win-win

Those further downstream of Budapest are as gullible as usual

https://www.meduniwien.ac.at/web/en/about-us/news/detailsite/2019/news-im-august-2019/the-danube-higher-levels-of-faecal-contamination-only-at-a-few-isolated-points-in-certain-countries/

In the first approximation, what if there there was no CO2 deficiency? But only C12, C13 variety and not C14 they use for carbon dating? Note that the 1970 Nobel price is the only one given unusually quick, for C14 carbon dating. Which is known not do do zilch after atmospheric nuclear testing started in the 60-ties.

However, there is also a small matter of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_Nebula

The one and only supernova in our vicinity, the Chinese astronomers reported in year 1054. This means that C14 dating is only reliable for the last millennium of human history, but not really before that. Too many interested parties to name.

As far as Swedish industrial interests are concerned, they are characteristic for a country where one oligarch dispatched all the others. There, politics matters not. You are likely to find absolutely ALL politicians working for the family and the family sitting on all the chairs at once. See

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallenberg_family

Very fondly remembered for saving a few Jews, while supplying the Nazis with all of their iron ore and ball bearings. So, I am sure that little Greta did not have any chemistry scheduled for Fridays she skipped school. You can see CO2 too, when it is vapor in excess of equilibrium pressure. You know "dry ice" used for producing smoke in the concert? That. Some Russians actually managed to off themselves by having a party with dry ice in a sauna. Interesting achievement, considering that Nazi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_van

never managed that. Evidence that Slavs are immune to Nazi gas van as described

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qFW8aRtr60

The internal combustion engine, working against increasing pressure, will choke itself before working up a deadly concentration of CO2. In the olden days of Youtube, were there some rednecks who tried to build a gas chamber for their chickens and failed. As bogus as the description of Nazi gas wagen is, as real is its picture. See the two large cans in the back? Those be a part of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_gas_generator

Nazis converted about a million vehicles to wood gas during the war.Ā  Cleaned up, this gives

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syngas

the first stage of GTL processes like Fischer Tropsh. Now, the CO (monoxide) in it is indeed toxic to Slavs. It goes to the root of why the old Arrenius hated Mendeleev (the periodic table guy) most. Mendeleev was a proponent of so called abiogenic origin of oil. Indeed, how come it is considered FOSSIL, if there is oil in outer space? What about natural gas, i.e. methane? There are WHOLE PLANETOIDS made out of the stuff. Is it "fossil" too? Only coal appear to be fossil all right, being elder peat of sorts.

Witness the results of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kola_Superdeep_Borehole

They found atomic hydrogen bubbling through clay! Just add CO from some local Finish swamp and you get syngas. The only remaining component required for Fischer Tropsch is platinum, palladium or Raney nickel catalyst. But wait, isn't most of the world palladium (and lots of nickel) mined in nearby Norilsk? Yes, they are! So, they witnessed the "fossil" hydrocarbons being naturally synthesized, just like Mendeleev posited.

On 10/11/2021 at 12:16 PM, ronwagn said:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-10-09/california-moves-toward-ban-on-gas-lawnmowers-and-leaf-blos

He should be more concerned about sprinklers right now!Ā How popular will this be? RCW

Sprinklers water the front lawn of a house in Encino.

When you click on the LinkĀ to the Story a Subscription Window pops up and you can't read the story. Typical for the L.A. Times.

Ā 

• Like 1

Good luck fighting the fires in California with an electric chain saw!!

I think California's decision is great!

The number 1 principle in economics is Supply & Demand.

Less demand for gas in CA will mean cheaper prices for those of us who live in flyover country. I wish all of both coasts wouldĀ ban gasoline and screw themselves. Our gas would be super cheap.

Ā 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Metalmania said:

When you click on the LinkĀ to the Story a Subscription Window pops up and you can't read the story. Typical for the L.A. Times.

Ā 

They just stopped my super cheap subscription and want $1 a week now. I spend time there so maybe. I try to avoid sources that do that. Good to keep in mind. I should post the whole thing. Sorry.Ā 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Michael Sanches said:

I think California's decision is great!

The number 1 principle in economics is Supply & Demand.

Less demand for gas in CA will mean cheaper prices for those of us who live in flyover country. I wish all of both coasts wouldĀ ban gasoline and screw themselves. Our gas would be super cheap.

Ā 

No lower prices until Biden and Kamala are gone methinks.

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ronwagn said:

No lower prices until Biden and Kamala are gone methinks.

Ā 

The amount ofĀ gasoline bought to power all the mowers and trimmers is a drop in the bucket and won't change a thing. Oh, and I can't wait to see all those new Electric Semis on the freeway (LOL).Ā BTW,Ā so just who can afford to buy one of these and where's the Infrastructure to support them?Ā Ā 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I guess with no more gas fueled generators, California wants electric run generators for when the electricity goes out. When the electricity goes out, simply plug in your electricity run generator and power your freezer.

Ā 

It is so much fun to be a liberal.

• Haha 1

Notice that flying private planes into or out of California airports is not forbidden. Like Marie Antoinette said, "Let them use renewables," when talking about the middle class. Maybe it is guillotine time for those leaders who brown nose the rich and powerful.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 1:00 PM, specinho said:

might be something that burns with orangy- red fire in California, and other less developed areas where logging is deemed too troublesome compared to clearing land with a blaze........ :o:|

Ā 

about to try that trick......... to have cows clearing weed off ........ need no manual effort of cutting grass, mowing etc every other week. Besides daydream of harvesting milk, making cheese, ice cream and stuff ............. But, allaassss........ cow fart and cow dung are categorized as hazardous or unhygienic material by the government in residential area........ Plan not approved........

Ā 

Ā 

image.thumb.png.60ef2afc4e5a639b1665ba2de416cea2.png

Ā 

Watch Clarckson's Farm to see his experience using sheep as a cheap way to cut grass. He lost a lot of money.

You are trained in the 24Ā hour birthing process, right?

You have the shoulder length gloves you will need to pull the babies out, right?

You have the facilities to milk the moms twice a day when they have no offspring to feed, right?

Ā 

(edited)

On 10/20/2021 at 11:08 PM, Simbu said:

The roos( kangaroos) under my house create a lot of methane. We can smell it occasionally. Ā We live west of Brisbane.

Is it true nobody eats them? The Chinese all-you-can-eat places here in EU now feature roo meats, which are allegedly sourced from your roadkill.

Edited by Andrei Moutchkine

On 10/11/2021 at 2:16 PM, ronwagn said:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-10-09/california-moves-toward-ban-on-gas-lawnmowers-and-leaf-blos

He should be more concerned about sprinklers right now!Ā How popular will this be? RCW

Sprinklers water the front lawn of a house in Encino.

Where would one find an estimate of how much oil is used for non-commercial, off-road vehicles?

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2021 at 7:23 AM, ronwagn said:

Looks like you could outfit an armada to "Robot Wars"

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Looks like you could outfit an armada to "Robot Wars"

I really don't do a lot of weedeating but when I do, I don't want to run out of battery time and it is cheaper to buy extra trimmers that come with batteries.Ā  Mowing takes about 3.5 hours per week in season. I am now waiting for enough leaves to mulch. That takes as long as mowing.Ā 

2 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I really don't do a lot of weedeating but when I do, I don't want to run out of battery time and it is cheaper to buy extra trimmers that come with batteries.Ā  Mowing takes about 3.5 hours per week in season. I am now waiting for enough leaves to mulch. That takes as long as mowing.Ā 

Repent, Ron! Vote Democratic to support additional Mexican gardeners!

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, BenFranklin'sSpectacles said:

Where would one find an estimate of how much oil is used for non-commercial, off-road vehicles?

Not much as a percentage. Around here we don't have it.Ā 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Repent, Ron! Vote Democratic to support additional Mexican gardeners!

I remember when the Japanese were the gardeners in California. Gradually the Mexicans took over. I could use a Mexican crew for a hilly acre that is overgrown and not trimmed for twenty years. I don't know of any around here, so will be paying a lot more. I need to pretty it up and sell it.Ā 

(edited)

3 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I remember when the Japanese were the gardeners in California. Gradually the Mexicans took over. I could use a Mexican crew for a hilly acre that is overgrown and not trimmed for twenty years. I don't know of any around here, so will be paying a lot more. I need to pretty it up and sell it.Ā 

There is a guy named Sanches in this very thread, he might know where the Mexicans are?

Edited by Andrei Moutchkine
  • Rolling Eye 1

Will keep this short! One of the many of the stupidest laws California came up with!Ā 

• Great Response! 1