Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DD

NAFTA: Mexico Minister Calls For 'Flexibility' In Reworking

Mexican Economy Minister Ildefonso Guajardo said on Monday the only way countries re-negotiating the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) will find a solution is through “sufficient flexibility” to narrow differences. Guajardo said U.S., Mexican and Canadian negotiators will be “engaging strongly” in July to reach an agreement that is “feasible, workable and benefits the three nations involved. “An agreement that does not give us certainty, does not give us rules that have to be obeyed and mechanisms to settle disputes will not be of help for the business community.”  - he said.

• Like 1

The real problem here is that @POTUS  definition of "fair" trade is "I win and no else can" -  that's why he's starting a war trade with the whole world.  If he continues trying to impose his ideas, I'm pretty sure the United States will end up running out of allies...

Mexico and Canada will next followed by the EU.

• Like 1

Hey, Mexico, be careful: "flexibility" for someone means "I win"!  Watch your language 😁?

2 minutes ago, rainman said:

Hey, Mexico, be careful: "flexibility" for someone means "I win"!  Watch your language 😁?

Good suggestion😉

• Like 1

IF no deal soon, i think canada Gonna join EU countries  regulated WTO

I found this interesting map showing the main export trading partner for each  US state

In 2016, Canada was the top export destination for 32 states and 20 of the 32 states voted for Trump in the 2016 election.

image.thumb.png.1b66e68d6cd37eec8bd572035408239b.png

From the article : http://uk.businessinsider.com/trump-trudeau-trade-fight-map-canada-exports-to-us-2018-6?r=US&IR=T

• Like 1