ronwagn

China's aggression is changing the nature of sovereignty.

(edited)

Thats not the case Solomon Island deceided that about three years ago. They viewed a better prospective with China instead of Taiwan. A decision the US made in 1971.

The Chinese may build a Harbor there - Ím not sure if we can this name a Military base. But  its true that US Ships to Australia must pass the Solomon Island.

August 2019 Mike Pompeo was on a Pacific Island Tour whiteout great success.

Edited by Starschy

@ ronwagn.   run,run, the sky is falling !  

But where you should run is the big question.  For 4 years you had a demented president. Now you have a dementia president. This year alone, the number of murders in just one city, Chicago, is over 4100. You have 2 mass murders per day on average. Your country is polluted with poisoned waters, poisoned soils, poisoned air. Your people no longer know the difference between male and female, man and woman. Your fear and attention should be directed to your fellow citizen and how you could possibly help to make your country internally safe and livable. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

You have posted many times prior, you are in favour of the war mongering perpetrated by the USA. Americans cannot describe anything other than by terms of war. The fact the USA has murdered untold millions of people, means nothing to you. The fact the USA supports the ongoing genocide of the Palestinians, by ensuring they have insufficient food and water, by ensuring their waters are poisoned, means nothing to you. But the fact China and Russia give aid to such people, does mean something to you.

The destruction of your county is occurring within. Good men and women, who know the perdition, are silent, entirely too apathetic to speak and act. The US has unilaterally supported and commenced all wars since 1945: nobody else, the list is very long.  At some point, warmongers like you will make a grave mistake to commence another war, and cause the greatest war and destruction of all time. When that day arrives, which may be sooner than later, I hope you and others like you are on the front lines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

On Taiwan issue, the US is getting louder verbally and weaker in real terms on the defense of the island against "reunification" with China.

The other two former major European greatpowers have reworked this case on the basis of the so-called Suez Crisis.

We also have the Cuban crisis in Ukraine because the Russians will not allow anyone to play NATO troops in Ukraine.

Worse for West one day in the end Russia will go for Ukraine and the Chinese at the some time will go for Taiwan and it will  finally turn out that the king (hegemon) is naked.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

Russia has no right to a 'sphere of influence', says head of NATO.

FFigxc3XEAIqENo.jpg

FFlCcg0UYAARJsx.jpg

Edited by Tomasz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tomasz said:

Russia has no right to a 'sphere of influence', says head of NATO.

FFigxc3XEAIqENo.jpg

FFlCcg0UYAARJsx.jpg

Russia is the tail that tries to wag the dog. China and Russia together spend less than 1/2 compared to the US military. Yes Russia is champion at propaganda demonstrated here at Peak Oil. If I were You I would stick to BS rather than piss off the air force. Reminds me of a song, something has a hold on you. 

https://youtu.be/TCc4Yjri3pc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Boat said:

Russia is the tail that tries to wag the dog. China and Russia together spend less than 1/2 compared to the US military. Yes Russia is champion at propaganda demonstrated here at Peak Oil. If I were You I would stick to BS rather than piss off the air force. Reminds me of a song, something has a hold on you. 

Yawn. You air force stays home. Nobody believes that you are ever rolling out against anybody remotely capable of fighting back. You are no fighters, but typical high school bullies. May not as much as get a bruise in a fight. Is bad for your street cred with the cronies.

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

4 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

When China rules the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G1EyvRZmOs

Seems like China rules like Texas. They can’t keep the lights on. Then the floods, heck we flare to grow the size and ferociousness just like China. COVID hits and weakens/damages lungs so we do nothing about hundreds of leaking methane wells long abandoned. We may lead China on that. Texas had slaves, China has slaves. China profiles it’s people, US police profile it’s citizens also. 
Foreigners love to bash the US. I’m right saying we have many of the same problems. We’re human also ya jive turkeys. Lol But don’t mess with the military. Most of that 30 trillion debt went to building it. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Yawn. You air force stays home. Nobody believes that you are ever rolling out against anybody remotely capable of fighting back. You are no fighters, but typical high school bullies. May not as much as get a bruise in a fight. Is bad for your street cred with the cronies.

Those 800 bases are stay at home? Ever looked up the map of bases? To much Russian Vodka. Lol

• Upvote 1

(edited)

20 minutes ago, Boat said:

Maybe some George Kennan late thought. Yap Mr X architect of US strategy of containment after Second World War. 

He died before he could become russian troll or agent.

https://www.nytimes.com/1998/05/02/opinion/foreign-affairs-now-a-word-from-x.html

His voice is a bit frail now, but the mind, even at age 94, is as sharp as ever. So when I reached George Kennan by phone to get his reaction to the Senate's ratification of NATO expansion it was no surprise to find that the man who was the architect of America's successful containment of the Soviet Union and one of the great American statesmen of the 20th century was ready with an answer.

''I think it is the beginning of a new cold war,'' said Mr. Kennan from his Princeton home. ''I think the Russians will gradually react quite adversely and it will affect their policies. I think it is a tragic mistake. There was no reason for this whatsoever. No one was threatening anybody else. This expansion would make the Founding Fathers of this country turn over in their graves. We have signed up to protect a whole series of countries, even though we have neither the resources nor the intention to do so in any serious way. [NATO expansion] was simply a light-hearted action by a Senate that has no real interest in foreign affairs.''

''What bothers me is how superficial and ill informed the whole Senate debate was,'' added Mr. Kennan, who was present at the creation of NATO and whose anonymous 1947 article in the journal Foreign Affairs, signed ''X,'' defined America's cold-war containment policy for 40 years. ''I was particularly bothered by the references to Russia as a country dying to attack Western Europe. Don't people understand? Our differences in the cold war were with the Soviet Communist regime. And now we are turning our backs on the very people who mounted the greatest bloodless revolution in history to remove that Soviet regime.

''And Russia's democracy is as far advanced, if not farther, as any of these countries we've just signed up to defend from Russia,'' said Mr. Kennan, who joined the State Department in 1926 and was U.S. Ambassador to Moscow in 1952. ''It shows so little understanding of Russian history and Soviet history. Of course there is going to be a bad reaction from Russia, and then [the NATO expanders] will say that we always told you that is how the Russians are -- but this is just wrong.'',

One only wonders what future historians will say. If we are lucky they will say that NATO expansion to Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic simply didn't matter, because the vacuum it was supposed to fill had already been filled, only the Clinton team couldn't see it. They will say that the forces of globalization integrating Europe, coupled with the new arms control agreements, proved to be so powerful that Russia, despite NATO expansion, moved ahead with democratization and Westernization, and was gradually drawn into a loosely unified Europe. If we are unlucky they will say, as Mr. Kennan predicts, that NATO expansion set up a situation in which NATO now has to either expand all the way to Russia's border, triggering a new cold war, or stop expanding after these three new countries and create a new dividing line through Europe.

But there is one thing future historians will surely remark upon, and that is the utter poverty of imagination that characterized U.S. foreign policy in the late 1990's. They will note that one of the seminal events of this century took place between 1989 and 1992 -- the collapse of the Soviet Empire, which had the capability, imperial intentions and ideology to truly threaten the entire free world. Thanks to Western resolve and the courage of Russian democrats, that Soviet Empire collapsed without a shot, spawning a democratic Russia, setting free the former Soviet republics and leading to unprecedented arms control agreements with the U.S.

And what was America's response? It was to expand the NATO cold-war alliance against Russia and bring it closer to Russia's borders.

Yes, tell your children, and your children's children, that you lived in the age of Bill Clinton and William Cohen, the age of Madeleine Albright and Sandy Berger, the age of Trent Lott and Joe Lieberman, and you too were present at the creation of the post-cold-war order, when these foreign policy Titans put their heads together and produced . . . a mouse.

We are in the age of midgets. The only good news is that we got here in one piece because there was another age -- one of great statesmen who had both imagination and courage.As he said goodbye to me on the phone, Mr. Kennan added just one more thing: ''This has been my life, and it pains me to see it so screwed up in the end.''

Edited by Tomasz
  • Like 1

Actually international military bases just shorten response time. After WWII we didn’t promise a short response time. Just a response. 

• Like 1

It is the West that wants war, not Russia.

Just listen to this Norwegian Quisling, who is currently at the head of NATO.

Only that he wants Eastern European "subhumans" to die in this war, ie Ukrainians, Poles, Balts and Russians.

The reason is in geopolitics, i.e. it is in the clash between the West and China.

To this end, it uses Ukrainian nationalism, just as Hitler used it during the Second World War.

Yesterday, a Western journalist asked Putin when his red line would be crossed. Putin replied that when either NATO or the US deploy their missiles near Kharkov, they would reach Moscow within five minutes.

And this is a matter of life and death for Russia.

But not for the West. The West doesn't need these rockets to survive. And that is why the situation is so dangerous, because the Russians cannot simply ignore this threat.

In 1962, President Kennedy was ready to start a nuclear war with the USSR because Soviet nuclear missiles were deployed in Cuba. However, Cuba is further from Washington than Kharkiv is from Moscow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Tomasz said:

Maybe some George Kennan late thought. Yap Mr X architect of US strategy of containment after Second World War. 

He died before he could becaome russian troll or agent.

https://www.nytimes.com/1998/05/02/opinion/foreign-affairs-now-a-word-from-x.html

Most of the US political and military decisions have been wrong. It’s not new news. Even today many humans can’t grasp pollution and overpopulation. Face it, as a group were a bit tribal and thick headed. Lol

4 minutes ago, Tomasz said:

Only that he wants Eastern European "subhumans" to die in this war, ie Ukrainians, Poles, Balts and Russians.

The reason is in geopolitics, i.e. it is in the clash between the West and China.

To this end, it uses Ukrainian nationalism, just as Hitler used it during the Second World War.

Yesterday, a Western journalist asked Putin when his red line would be crossed. Putin replied that when either NATO or the US deploy their missiles near Kharkov, they would reach Moscow within five minutes.

But not for the West. The West doesn't need these rockets to survive. And that is why the situation is so dangerous, because the Russians cannot simply ignore this threat.

In 1962, President Kennedy was ready to start a nuclear war with the USSR because Soviet nuclear missiles were deployed in Cuba. However, Cuba is further from Washington than Kharkiv is from Moscow.

You got it totally wrong. You can respond or we can respond and either way everybody is dead. Until that fateful day it’s a game of chicken. You got the big balls? We all gonna die?

8 minutes ago, Tomasz said:

Your a fear monger for whatever reason. Retreat from the world and dismantle your military. Become a Finland/Sweden/Denmark etc. Besides it won’t be long before many countries will have hypersonic nuclear weapons. Then how will you gripe. 

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Boat said:

You got it totally wrong. You can respond or we can respond and either way everybody is dead. Until that fateful day it’s a game of chicken. You got the big balls? We all gonna die?

No dear friend. Taking Ukraine into NATO means WAR. Well, unless Mexico and Canada have the right to enter into a military alliance with China.

If not, Ukraine does NOT HAVE this right either.

I don't know if any of you saw the rat herded into the corner.

The rat does not basically attack a human, not even a child, by itself.

On the other hand, a rat, driven to a corner, will defend itself to death and will bite off your finger if nothing else, because it has very sharp teeth.

Kind of like Russia today.

Edited by Tomasz

3 minutes ago, Tomasz said:

No dear friend. Taking Ukraine into NATO means WAR. Well, unless Mexico and Canada have the right to enter into a military alliance with China.

On the other hand, a rat, driven to a corner, will defend itself to death and will bite off your finger if nothing else, because it has very sharp teeth.

Sounds like fear propaganda. In my opinion I would cut Russia out of the banking system period. If they mess with the Ukraine I would introduce Russia to air domination like with Iraq. Nothing flies. Time for the world to pick sides and allies. We don’t have to deal with each other. But don’t be land grabbing. That ended with WWII and were the alpha dog who’s in charge of world peace.

Two, it would seem, that the US should not be at war with Russia and China at the same time.

Russia is relatively weak to the US and China, but it is a very important element in the fight for hegemony.

However, I will say that the worst thing for the Ukrainians is that now there is an auction price for Ukraine  and finally the USA will sell Ukraine as precisely as before:

half of Europe in Yalta in 1945

Hungarians who were called by Radio Free Europe to fight in 1956

South Vietnamese

Polish Solidarity movement in December 1981

recently Afghans

Special applause for Kurds because the US has already sold them twice

It's all a matter of price.

32 minutes ago, Tomasz said:

No need for Cuba anymore. This thing (SKIFF)

https://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/russia/r29rmu.htm

Can be pre-deployed together with silo on the ocean floor, in an obscure location and at great depth. Somewhere close to US shore. Since those things are subject to START reporting, we know that four have been made, but never deployed.

12 minutes ago, Tomasz said:

What makes you think you decide anything.  Saddam pressed his rights. You want Assad rights? You should try to get along with your neighbors and develop trade. No one wants to waste time and money on Putin. Barbaric authoritarian silliness needs to be put aside and put people and the land, air and water of protection and awareness. Damm, that sounded to woke even for me. Ok, fire off a few missiles then go back to being woke. Lol

(edited)

18 minutes ago, Boat said:

Sounds like fear propaganda. In my opinion I would cut Russia out of the banking system period. If they mess with the Ukraine I would introduce Russia to air domination like with Iraq. Nothing flies. Time for the world to pick sides and allies. We don’t have to deal with each other. But don’t be land grabbing. That ended with WWII and were the alpha dog who’s in charge of world peace.

Russia is already largely out of your banking system. And? Your dick is too short to enforce a no fly zone anywhere near Russian borders. You don't believe it yourself, do you? Try, and you won't have much of an an airforce left.

Edited by Andrei Moutchkine

2 minutes ago, Boat said:

What makes you think you decide anything.  Saddam pressed his rights. You want Assad rights? You should try to get along with your neighbors and develop trade. No one wants to waste time and money on Putin. Barbaric authoritarian silliness needs to be put aside and put people and the land, air and water of protection and awareness. Damm, that sounded to woke even for me. Ok, fire off a few missiles then go back to being woke. Lol

Ahem. I'd like to point out that it is you who bankrolled a bloody coup followed by civil war in Ukraine, before Russia did anything at all. That does not look like "getting along and developing trade" to me.

So, might makes right, as your view at what international law / state rights are? You are on, than!

2 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Ahem. I'd like to point out that it is you who bankrolled a bloody coup followed by civil war in Ukraine, before Russia did anything at all. That does not look like "getting along and developing trade" to me.

So, might makes right, as your view at what international law / state rights are? You are on, than!

Might doesn’t mean much. It’s more a strength of will power struggle. All trade and commerce has so many other weak points. Mexico for example could take out anybody’s economy with a few data bases. Argentina could take out a few desalination plants and start WWIII. Let China steal a Musk car factory and Tiwian would be an afterthought. Musk is more important. Blow up Microsoft and the world can’t compute. In all phases of country contact many scenarios could lead to  a world apocalypse. I think it’s silly to think anybody has much of an advantage. 

On 12/3/2021 at 11:25 PM, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Yes, we all already know how Russia acts.