ronwagn

China's aggression is changing the nature of sovereignty.

8 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Been to India 15 years ago... absolutely NO ONE plays cricket.  A few play it in a few BIG cities.  Otherwise it may as well not exist.  About as relevant as Baseball is in the USA.  A lot is written about it, but in reality very few play it. 

Utter crap!

On 1/17/2022 at 3:06 AM, Wombat One said:

My big bro is bigger than your big bro, and appears to be changing tack to the detriment of Russia, whilst putting China on the backburner. Personally, I would prefer to see the USA focus on the bigger threat, which is China, but the Pentagon believes that containing Russia is key to preventing the disintegration of the world order. I believe that Biden is a bigger China Hawk than Russia Hawk, and rightly so. Trump was too. There is a fundamental disagreement between the WH and the Pentagon because the Pentagon is listening to Kissinger who is pro-China (created the Dragon actually), and the WH is listening to it's allies. Covid changed everything, and the WH is much more forward-thinking than the Pentagon. Indeed, Kissinger and the Pentagon might be willing to throw Taiwan under a bus, but the WH understands that Taiwan is much more important to maintaining global order than the Ukraine is. Hence, Biden is being firm with Putin, but is not being aggressive. I suspect that some kind of deal will be reached, not in Putin's favour regarding NATO membership, but some sort of agreement to reduce US involvement in Europe if Russia pulls back it's troops. That is my hope anyway, that Biden can engineer a cease-fire between the Ukraine and Russia on the basis that NATO and Russia both withdraw missiles by 1000km. I am probably dreaming, but clearly this is what Biden is hoping to achieve and I wish him luck. I am aware that Eastern Ukraine is Russian territory (given to the Ukraine by a Ukranian president of the USSR), and that Russia will fight for at least a small buffer between Moscow and the West. Understood. But Putin's ambit claim to a former empire is heading in the wrong direction for all concerned. Taking advantage of the US-China cold war is not in Russia's interest IMHO. All it has done is accelerate and expand the number of NATO membership requests. Heck, even Sweden wants "in" now. 

https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2022/01/russias-aggression-against-ukraine-backfiring/360269/

You don't understand. All the Big Bros are One. Because they are of valid logic formally verified true. This is way more rule of law that the rotten hegemony that gives it so much lip service can actually handle. The locally preferred options is some "word order based on rules" (as in some kind of ad hoc substitute for international law redefined on as needed basis. It won't work. Ad-hoc special cases are too buggy and slow to process)

Russia has no intention whatsoever to invade the Ukraine. You broke the place, you support it now from your own budget funds. Indefinitely or for as long as the spectacle of budding democracy overcoming the Russian yoke entertains you. Anything for a paying customer. Because there sure are always more corruption and embezzlement where this one came from. The only way you can pull Russia into any kind of Ukrainian conflict is to get them to abuse LDNR unusually bad. Not gonna be easy.

Similar periods of Western-bound politics have happened in Ukrainian history before, for example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ruin_(Ukrainian_history)

they'll come to their senses soon enough. The rallying of Ukrainians together for a political cause also has a canonical format called the

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_in_Malinovka

Not quite what defenseone envisioned, I reckon.

1 hour ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

You don't understand. All the Big Bros are One. Because they are of valid logic formally verified true. This is way more rule of law that the rotten hegemony that gives it so much lip service can actually handle. The locally preferred options is some "word order based on rules" (as in some kind of ad hoc substitute for international law redefined on as needed basis. It won't work. Ad-hoc special cases are too buggy and slow to process)

Russia has no intention whatsoever to invade the Ukraine. You broke the place, you support it now from your own budget funds. Indefinitely or for as long as the spectacle of budding democracy overcoming the Russian yoke entertains you. Anything for a paying customer. Because there sure are always more corruption and embezzlement where this one came from. The only way you can pull Russia into any kind of Ukrainian conflict is to get them to abuse LDNR unusually bad. Not gonna be easy.

Similar periods of Western-bound politics have happened in Ukrainian history before, for example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ruin_(Ukrainian_history)

they'll come to their senses soon enough. The rallying of Ukrainians together for a political cause also has a canonical format called the

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_in_Malinovka

Not quite what defenseone envisioned, I reckon.

An interesting perspective. I hope there are not false-flags on both sides. The last thing the world needs right now is a major conflict in Europe. Covid is most likely going to demolish the global economy as it is, and the CCP is laughing at all of us, not just the West, but literally the rest of the planet, including Russia. They want to get control of the resources of the entire planet, and they want do so as cheaply as possible. Whether it be OPEC+ oil, Brazilian oil and iron ore, the copper deposits of the globe, they really do want it all.