ronwagn

The Fascist Dictatorship called Russia under Dictator for Life Putin

26 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Russia and China and their allies are poking their snouts all around the world. We are too. China has a more money to bribe officials with though. 31 million dollars to the Biden family so far. It is sad that governments are so underhanded. It is a similar conundrum to drug manufacturers, drug dealers, and drug users. 

China just lost a top hypersonic scientist to America. Sometimes ethics deals wins too. 

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/31245/Chinese_Scientist_Defects_to_U_S__Carrying_Hypersonic_Weapons_Secrets

Chinese Scientist Defects to U.S. Carrying Hypersonic Weapons Secrets

Defecting to US is very opposite of ethical choice.

I support complete drug legalization. This way, it will be the least possible evil.

• Rolling Eye 1

21 hours ago, ronwagn said:

In other words Russia stole the freedom of all those in Eastern Europe and left when it could no longer hold its prisoners. Then it was taken over by the KGB and they sliced up all the businesses in Russia and Putin gained complete control with the help of his crony AKA fascist buddies. The Russian people gained very little. 

It "stole the freedom of all those in Eastern Europe" to an extent you still do in the West and elsewhere. KGB does not control all the business in Russia, that's a bunk conspiracy theory perpetuated by Goebbels media.

5 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Defecting to US is very opposite of ethical choice.

I support complete drug legalization. This way, it will be the least possible evil.

Where has that ever worked?

5 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

It "stole the freedom of all those in Eastern Europe" to an extent you still do in the West and elsewhere. KGB does not control all the business in Russia, that's a bunk conspiracy theory perpetuated by Goebbels media.

Putin does the controlling. He tells the Russian deep state what to do. 

28 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Where has that ever worked?

Before Nixon invented his "War on Drugs", throughout the world?

• Rolling Eye 1

28 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Putin does the controlling. He tells the Russian deep state what to do. 

You are overestimating one man's administrative ability,

• Rolling Eye 1

6 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/01/25/as-markets-crash-and-war-fears-grow-russias-business-elite-suffers-in-silence-a76142

He has had decades to build up his power structure and has complete control unless deposed by force. Only the elites can do that. Somewhat like deposing Hitler or Stalin. Easy to think about, hard to do. 

17 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Before Nixon invented his "War on Drugs", throughout the world?

There are enough drugs, especially fentanyl, in the world to kill everyone on the planet. China is the greatest producer but everyone in the business, that is big, is selling it. You should know that.

13 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/01/25/as-markets-crash-and-war-fears-grow-russias-business-elite-suffers-in-silence-a76142

He has had decades to build up his power structure and has complete control unless deposed by force. Only the elites can do that. Somewhat like deposing Hitler or Stalin. Easy to think about, hard to do. 

In reality, nobody gives a damn. The sanctions have hurt the West more than they hurt Russia. The stories of impeding invasion of Ukraine are simply bullshit. Read some real Russian press, like what Tomasz translates.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

In reality, nobody gives a damn. The sanctions have hurt the West more than they hurt Russia. The stories of impeding invasion of Ukraine are simply bullshit. Read some real Russian press, like what Tomasz translates.

Why should anybody trust Putin and his state press. I hope you are right but he has made all the preparatory moves and cannot be allowed to do that without consequences. We certainly don't want a war and neither do the overwhelmed Ukrainians. That doesn't mean false flags can be kept from starting one. You know that. 

6 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

There are enough drugs, especially fentanyl, in the world to kill everyone on the planet. China is the greatest producer but everyone in the business, that is big, is selling it. You should know that.

Most illegal drugs are neither addictive nor deadly like fentanyl. If it was about danger to your health, they'd make ingesting rat poison most illegal of all. Yet, they don't. It is not illegal to poison yourself outright, but severely illegal to do possibly do a little harm to your health in some way that is also recreationally valuable? How come?

Fentanyl is very difficult to dose right, because it is so potent, but the same property makes it much easier to smuggle. It was a logical response to the squeeze on more traditional opiates.

• Rolling Eye 1

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/01/28/russias-pandemic-excess-death-toll-almost-1m-a76194

Russia Sees Record Population Decline As Excess Deaths Hit 1M

Russia experienced its largest population decline in 2021 since the end of the Soviet Union.

Please don't be stupid enough to tell me I am happy about this! RCW

Updated: 10 hours ago

TASS_50568751.jpg

(edited)

Most illegal drugs are neither addictive nor deadly like fentanyl. If it was about danger to your health, they'd make ingesting rat poison most illegal of all. Yet, they don't. It is not illegal to poison yourself outright, but severely illegal to do possibly do a little harm to your health in some way that is also recreationally valuable? How come?

Fentanyl is very difficult to dose right, because it is so potent, but the same property makes it much easier to smuggle. It was a logical response to the squeeze on more traditional opiates.

Most drugs are purchased from the lowest priced supplier so are often adulterated with fentanyl and all sorts of dangerous ingredients. 

I am a retired psychiatric RN, MA. I have worked in the drug and alcohol abuse field. I have heard all the excuses and arguments. Some can control their usage but many cannot and eventually fall over the cliff. Most never get out.

https://www.rferl.org/a/drug-deaths-russia-pandemic/31365534.html

Drug Deaths In Russia Spike 60 Percent During Pandemic

July 19, 2021 00:34 GMT

Edited by ronwagn
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Why should anybody trust Putin and his state press. I hope you are right but he has made all the preparatory moves and cannot be allowed to do that without consequences. We certainly don't want a war and neither do the overwhelmed Ukrainians. That doesn't mean false flags can be kept from starting one. You know that. 

Most of the Russian press is privately owned and critical of the government. Tomasz usually cites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kommersant

As any business publication of note, they advocate appeasing the West at any cost.

The actual amount of diversity of opinion on foreign policy issues is seriously larger in Russian press than it is in yours. Where it is outright non-existent. It's like reading the same newspaper issued by the CIA. Why would anybody trust your press?

A significant fraction of Russian press are outright hostile to the Russian government, no matter what they do. In effect, they work for you. You haven't experienced that much freedom of speech ever.

100,000 troops they cite is nowhere near enough for full-scale invasion of Ukraine,  especially given that Ukrainians have at least as many on their side of the border, also. To put this into perspective, Desert Storm was some 670,000 and Barbarossa ~3.8 million.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/01/28/russias-pandemic-excess-death-toll-almost-1m-a76194

Russia Sees Record Population Decline As Excess Deaths Hit 1M

Russia experienced its largest population decline in 2021 since the end of the Soviet Union.

Please don't be stupid enough to tell me I am happy about this! RCW

Updated: 10 hours ago

TASS_50568751.jpg

Yet again, look closer to home. US statistics are even worse.

(edited)

12 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I am a retired psychiatric RN, MA. I have worked in the drug and alcohol abuse field. I have heard all the excuses and arguments. Some can control their usage but many cannot and eventually fall over the cliff. Most never get out.

https://www.rferl.org/a/drug-deaths-russia-pandemic/31365534.html

Drug Deaths In Russia Spike 60 Percent During Pandemic

July 19, 2021 00:34 GMT

Heroin for sale in Moscow. Last year, 7,316 people died from drug overdoses in Russia, up from 4,569 deaths a year earlier. (file photo)

So, you have a vested interest. So do I. I will not let any government control my dope. I have my own opinion on what is good for me.

The drug deaths are overwhelmingly opiates (which do have an inherently bad therapeutic index) or botched product (would not happen if it was up to pharmaceutical standards)

Edited by Andrei Moutchkine
  • Like 1

Just now, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Yet again, look closer to home. US statistics are even worse.

Our population is double that of Russia and are statistics are more truthful perhaps. 

5 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Our population is double that of Russia and are statistics are more truthful perhaps. 

Why would your statistics be any more truthful? I've got one word for you - Fauci.

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2022 at 5:15 PM, Starschy said:

Which market crash? Russian blue chip index

started April 20 about 13000 Rbl climes up  till End of 21 to 27000 Rbl and is now 20500 Rbl

A 24% drop in market valuation is a crash

4 hours ago, Hondo Bravo said:

A 24% drop in market valuation is a crash

When yor portfolio increases slightly over 100% in one year and drops 20-25 % thats not a crash. Its higher volatility as  in all Brics markets. If thathappened in US or France that would be a crash. But a 100% increase would be a very rare exception.

13 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Why would your statistics be any more truthful? I've got one word for you - Fauci.

There may have been a lot more deaths attributed to COVID here because of how hospitals are rewarded for treating COVID versus other diseases. Honest doctors and nurses here want to use other treatments but are often not allowed to. Is that the case in Russia with hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin etc?

2 hours ago, ronwagn said:

There may have been a lot more deaths attributed to COVID here because of how hospitals are rewarded for treating COVID versus other diseases. Honest doctors and nurses here want to use other treatments but are often not allowed to. Is that the case in Russia with hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin etc?

The Russian system actually works the same. That is, it pays to report anybody who tested positively as a COVID death, regardless of the actual cause, to get special COVID emergency funds. I think it percolates down from WHO level down to most countries. Neither hydroxychloroquine nor ivermectin are officially approved against COVID in Russia, same as everywhere. The only difference is that they got their own collection of vaccines.