ronwagn

The Fascist Dictatorship called Russia under Dictator for Life Putin

(edited)

On 2/22/2022 at 2:24 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

Ron one must accept a few minor details, one would be national pride in Russia it exists just as it exists in all county's on this planet. Russia has a very long history of oppression...very long.

Listen to Putin's speech, do not hear what you or I deem appropriate.Putin spoke with compassion and anger towards the dissembly of the USSR.

That is not how he rolls in such matters, generally he is aloof in such matters. 

The above are merely opinions, the man is dead set on this reformation, all he lacks is capital, without capital he cannot complete his goal..and that makes him quite dangerous...and then there's China

I hope Putin goes down as the Russian who did more damage to Russia and its people than anyone aside from Stalin. I hope that the Russian people have a great future under a wiser leader. They deserve one IMHO. 

Edited by ronwagn
  • Upvote 1

On 1/26/2022 at 12:15 AM, ronwagn said:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/01/25/as-markets-crash-and-war-fears-grow-russias-business-elite-suffers-in-silence-a76142

As Markets Crash and War Fears Grow, Russia’s Business Elite Suffers in Silence

Some of the country’s most successful executives are preparing for heavy losses, but unable to speak out or influence events.

The thing I don't understand about a creature like Putin is, he could have much more power and money if he just played the role of good global citizen. That's it. I don't get it and am probably glad I don't. What we are possibly facing now is more serious escalation via cyber attacks and the rest of it. If it comes to military force, I believe that "the west" has the military might (nukes aside of course) to "defeat" Russia. But can I envision that happening? Not at all. Me (70 years old in June), I am moving to using the micro CL to trade actively and minimizing equities exposure by downsizing a buy/hold core index ETF and gradually scaling in to that after weakness, scaling out of the scale in adds after strength. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, heywally said:

The thing I don't understand about a creature like Putin is, he could have much more power and money if he just played the role of good global citizen. That's it. I don't get it and am probably glad I don't. What we are possibly facing now is more serious escalation via cyber attacks and the rest of it. If it comes to military force, I believe that "the west" has the military might (nukes aside of course) to "defeat" Russia. But can I envision that happening? Not at all. Me (70 years old in June), I am moving to using the micro CL to trade actively and minimizing equities exposure by downsizing a buy/hold core index ETF and gradually scaling in to that after weakness, scaling out of the scale in adds after strength. 

Welcome to our forum! I hope you stick around. 

What do you think of Conoco Phillips? I want to support natural gas development. Perhaps there is an ETF for that. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.wsj.com/articles/germany-halts-nord-stream-2-after-putin-orders-troops-to-ukrainian-breakaway-regions-11645529981

Ukraine Calls Up Reservists as Russian Troops Pour Into Breakaway Region; West Steps Up Sanctions

Western nations to punish Russia for recognizing two Russian-controlled statelets in Ukraine as independent, while Kyiv considers cutting diplomatic ties with Moscow

OG-GE602_7b16a1_700PX_20220222165157.jpg

• Upvote 1

Does Putin even care??? he should

Gazprom another crash today

Stock price: OGZPY (OTCMKTS) $6.39 -0.77 (-10.69%)Feb 23, 3:07 PM EST - Disclaimer

Ruble today
crashing hard

Russian Markets Reeling, With Ruble at Weakest in Pandemic Era

• Currency’s weakness is ‘here to stay,’ says TD Securities
  • Options show a 50% chance of the ruble falling to a record low
February 23, 2022, 12:35 AM MSTUpdated onFebruary 23, 2022, 12:11 PM MST

Russian markets have taken historic losses this year and the message coming from traders is that more declines may be ahead for the ruble.  

The currency extended declines against the dollar on Wednesday, hitting its weakest level since the onset of the pandemic in March 2020 and past the 81-per-dollar level ahead of President Joe Biden’s announcement to expand sanctions against Russia. Options pricing suggests there’s a 50% chance the ruble will sink to a record low against the dollar within the next two months -- dipping below levels from 2016 when the economy was mired in a recession. Technical analysts are also eyeing the same move, with a trendline of the currency pair on the verge of giving way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Welcome to our forum! I hope you stick around. 

What do you think of Conoco Phillips? I want to support natural gas development. Perhaps there is an ETF for that. 

Thank you. No opinion really on individual oil companies. I come from a multi year active trading tech stock background and my plan is to actively trade the MCL micro oil contract via scaling in and out while I mostly sit in my smallish stock index etf. Simple, right? 😄

• Haha 1

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-business-new-zealand-australia-europe-08ae29f98152817b1b503b4b957c63f1

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-business-new-zealand-australia-europe-08ae29f98152817b1b503b4b957c63f1
Click to copy

The Latest: Ukraine envoy to UN says Russia ‘declared war’

By The Associated Press6 minutes ago

FILE = This image provided by The White House via Twitter shows President Joe Biden at Camp David, Md., Feb. 12, 2022. A new poll finds little support among Americans for a major U.S. role in the Russia-Ukraine conflict. President Joe Biden has acknowledged the growing likelihood of a new war in Eastern Europe will affect Americans even if U.S. troops don’t deploy to Ukraine. Just 26% of Americans say the U.S. should have a major role in the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, according to a new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.(The White House via AP, File)

So it looks like this "operation" was planned for a few days ago:

Russia’s independent Ekho Moskvi Radio (Echo of Moscow) reports that Putin’s speech about the beginning of the “military operation” was recorded on February 21st. He is wearing same tie. “Confirmed by downloading video from Kremlin web-page and checking metadata” – tweet says.

https://twitter.com/jengriffinfnc/status/1496705752114900993?s=21

Russian assets have been the most heavily hit following Vladimir Putin's decision to wage war on Ukraine.

Russia's currency, the rouble, has fallen to an all-time low on foreign exchange markets and is down by some 12% since the beginning of the week. 

The decline in the rouble is particularly significant because it is one of the main ways in which the consequences of Mr Putin’s war will be brought home to the Russian public. 

They can expect to pay more for imported goods as a result of this – assuming those goods are not subjected to trade embargoes in coming days.

The country's bonds have also sold off aggressively. The yield – which rises as the price falls – on 10-year Russian government bonds has surged to 10.93%, a level not seen since early 2016.

The cost of insuring against a Russian debt default, measured via products known as credit default swaps, has also shot to an all-time high.

• Upvote 1

Ruble drops to a record low 1.012 cents American. Still dropping. Russian stock market shuts down. 

• Like 1

Russia, The new Cuba.....except without the nice beaches. Can Russians even to afford to heat their houses today  with the Ruble crash?

• Like 1

(edited)

5 hours ago, notsonice said:

Russia, The new Cuba.....except without the nice beaches. Can Russians even to afford to heat their houses today  with the Ruble crash?

Cuba does not have 630 Billion USD in Reserve by far not. A weak Rubel means more export for Russia. Countries like Turkey, Egypt, China just to name a few. This oattern we have viewed a few times since 2015.

Edited by Starschy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/02/24/we-dont-need-war-shock-anger-and-defiance-on-moscows-streets-as-russia-invades-ukraine-a76574

‘We Don’t Need War’: Shock, Anger and Defiance on Moscow’s Streets as Russia Invades Ukraine

Weeks of intense diplomacy and the imposition of Western sanctions failed to avert the offensive.

Updated: 4 hours ago

000_23U8ZX.jpgPolice officers detain a man holding a placard reading "No to war!" during a protest against Russia's invasion of Ukraine on Moscow's Pushkinskaya Square on Feb. 24, 2022.Kirill Kudryavtsev / AFP
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Starschy said:

Cuba does not have 630 Billion USD in Reserve by far not. A weak Rubel means more export for Russia. Countries like Turkey, Egypt, China just to name a few. This oattern we have viewed a few times since 2015.

the everyday Russian citizen was making $500 a month last year now it is closer to $400. Putin and his cronies have never shared the big money with the masses. He will let them starve first.

More exports.... Good luck on that one ..... sanctions will be ramped up so no one will trade with Russia.

Edited by notsonice
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

15 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/02/24/we-dont-need-war-shock-anger-and-defiance-on-moscows-streets-as-russia-invades-ukraine-a76574

‘We Don’t Need War’: Shock, Anger and Defiance on Moscow’s Streets as Russia Invades Ukraine

Weeks of intense diplomacy and the imposition of Western sanctions failed to avert the offensive.

Updated: 4 hours ago

000_23U8ZX.jpgPolice officers detain a man holding a placard reading "No to war!" during a protest against Russia's invasion of Ukraine on Moscow's Pushkinskaya Square on Feb. 24, 2022.Kirill Kudryavtsev / AFP

This is exactly why Ukraine wants nothing to do with Russia....... Arrested for voicing ones opinion. Would you want to live in Russia today? 

Edited by notsonice
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, notsonice said:

the everyday Russian citizen was making $500 a month last year now it is closer to $400. Putin and his cronies have never shared the big money with the masses. He will let them starve first.

More exports.... Good luck on that one ..... sanctions will be ramped up so no one will trade with Russia.

You have not a clue. 30 Countries of 210 is by far not a majority. Do you think People in Egypt Morocco cares? If no wheat is available. 

The US destroyed Yugoslavia, Libya, Iraq and a few others. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Starschy said:

You have not a clue. 30 Countries of 210 is by far not a majority. Do you think People in Egypt Morocco cares? If no wheat is available. 

The US destroyed Yugoslavia, Libya, Iraq and a few others. 

what are you babbling about???? You can bet the sanctions will have a long arm and affect everyone that trades with Russia. Enjoy seeing how Egypt tries to get paid and deposit their money without SWIFT. Have you ever done a foreign wire transfer?????...You would know it always goes through SWIFT...Now Poof for moeny transfers to and from Russia...Enjoy

• Upvote 1

How Ukraine Was Betrayed in Budapest

Kyiv gave up its nuclear weapons in return for security assurances. So much for that.

By 
The Editorial Board Follow

Feb. 23, 2022 6:52 pm ET

im-491633?width=860&height=573

President Bill Clinton, Russian President Boris Yeltsin and Ukrainian counterpart Leonid M. Kravchuk join hands after signing the nuclear disarmament agreement in the Kremlin, Jan. 14, 1994.

PHOTO: DIANA WALKER/GETTY IMAGES
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

8 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Kyiv gave up its nuclear weapons in return for security assurances. So much for that.

By 

President Bill Clinton, Russian President Boris Yeltsin and Ukrainian counterpart Leonid M. Kravchuk join hands after signing the nuclear disarmament agreement in the Kremlin, Jan. 14, 1994.

8 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

By 

and for this reason NATO should never yield an inch to Putin....I hope NATO keeps expanding until Putin is walled in a 8 x8 cell

Edited by notsonice
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, notsonice said:

and for this reason NATO should never yield an inch to Putin....I hope NATO keeps expanding until Putin is walled in a 8 x8 cell

That is WWIII 

Do you not acknowledge Russia's right to exist?  

Who in your fantasy would control current Russia? The current setup keeps a fairly stable balance of power. 

Did you not play RISK as a kid? :)

• Like 1

(edited)

6 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

That is WWIII 

Do you not acknowledge Russia's right to exist?  

Who in your fantasy would control current Russia? The current setup keeps a fairly stable balance of power. 

Did you not play RISK as a kid? :)

Do you not acknowledge Russia's right to exist? Not with Putin in charge........No different than Germany in the 1940's. I would have had no problem with chopping up Russia .. They have no problem with chopping up the Ukraine

To bad Patton was stopped, we would never have to deal with all of the USSRs' BS and now Putins BS today

love playing risk and we still play it today............

Edited by notsonice
  • Upvote 1

Enough said..

IMG-20220225-WA0000.thumb.jpg.e28813c2b367fa96989d646a0b74c89c.jpg

IMG_20220225_184534.jpg

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

On 2/25/2022 at 1:18 AM, notsonice said:

what are you babbling about???? You can bet the sanctions will have a long arm and affect everyone that trades with Russia. Enjoy seeing how Egypt tries to get paid and deposit their money without SWIFT. Have you ever done a foreign wire transfer?????...You would know it always goes through SWIFT...Now Poof for moeny transfers to and from Russia...Enjoy

Maybe you should read a book about Payments System. Ever heard of Hawala existing since the 800 after Jesus in Persia to India now globally. Centralbank xchanges for large amounts.

Russia itself has a Swift replacement at least on a Extended level but not global in place since 2015. And a chinese variant is available too.

Saudia Arabia is experimenting with a system POS direct to the supplier.

Edited by Starschy
typo

(edited)

1 hour ago, Starschy said:

Maybe you should read a book about Payments System. Ever hearf of Hawala existing since the 800 after Jesus in Persia to India now globally. Centralbank xchanges for large amounts.

Russia itself has a Swift replacement at least on a Extended level but not global in place since 2015. And a chinese variant is available too.

Saudia Arabia is experimenting with a system POS direct to the supplier.

maybe you should take a minute and read up on Russians reliance on SWIFT. Without SWIFT he is screwed and Russia will collapse.  Ha Ha Ha Russia has a SWIFT replacement, what a joke. Only dimwitted Russians believe him.

Edited by notsonice