ronwagn

The Fascist Dictatorship called Russia under Dictator for Life Putin

20 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Who cares about the West? Either way, you've been bathing in anti-Russian propaganda affluent all this time.

The West is over and done with. You cannot live without freedom. Maybe you still understand this subconsciously, and this is what makes you so cowardly? Nothing to live for, nothing to fight for, being nothing but a puppet ruled by the zombie box.

Russia is the new free world.

The Russians are tired of fighting for Putin. Now they are seeing the futility of it. Now they will learn to be like Ukrainians, as will the Belarussians. They do not want their brutal dictator either!

21 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Who cares about the West? Either way, you've been bathing in anti-Russian propaganda affluent all this time.

The West is over and done with. You cannot live without freedom. Maybe you still understand this subconsciously, and this is what makes you so cowardly? Nothing to live for, nothing to fight for, being nothing but a puppet ruled by the zombie box.

The Russians are tired of fighting for Putin. Now they are seeing the futility of it. Now they will learn to be like Ukrainians, as will the Belarussians. They do not want their brutal dictator either!

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=RUB&to=USD&view=10Y

More than 300 high-ranking officers of Russian army killed – Arestovych

More than 300 high-ranking officers of the Russian army have been already killed in the war of the Russian Federation against Ukraine.

Oleksiy Arestovych, a freelance adviser to the head of the Ukrainian President's Office, announced this on the Current Time TV channel, an Ukrinform correspondent reported.

"According to information available to me, more than 300 high-ranking officers of the Russian army (majors, lieutenant colonels) were killed as of today’s morning. This was due to our artillery and aircraft that had repeatedly hit the headquarters of units and subdivisions advancing here," he said.

According to Arestovych, Russian troops are advancing in the area of Irpin along the Zhytomyr highway towards Kyiv. He said that he had received a photo showing more than a hundred burned vehicles of the Russian army targeted by the Ukrainian artillery.

As reported, the total estimated losses of the enemy between February 24 and February 28 as of 06:00 are: aircraft - 29, helicopters - 29, tanks - 191, armored combat vehicles - 816, guns - 74, Buk air defense systems - 1, Grad multiple launch rocket systems - 21, vehicles - 291, tanks - 60, UAVs - 3, ships/boats - 2, air defense means - 5, personnel - about 5,300 (to be specified).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

More than 300 high-ranking officers of the Russian army have been already killed in the war of the Russian Federation against Ukraine.

Oleksiy Arestovych, a freelance adviser to the head of the Ukrainian President's Office, announced this on the Current Time TV channel, an Ukrinform correspondent reported.

"According to information available to me, more than 300 high-ranking officers of the Russian army (majors, lieutenant colonels) were killed as of today’s morning. This was due to our artillery and aircraft that had repeatedly hit the headquarters of units and subdivisions advancing here," he said.

According to Arestovych, Russian troops are advancing in the area of Irpin along the Zhytomyr highway towards Kyiv. He said that he had received a photo showing more than a hundred burned vehicles of the Russian army targeted by the Ukrainian artillery.

As reported, the total estimated losses of the enemy between February 24 and February 28 as of 06:00 are: aircraft - 29, helicopters - 29, tanks - 191, armored combat vehicles - 816, guns - 74, Buk air defense systems - 1, Grad multiple launch rocket systems - 21, vehicles - 291, tanks - 60, UAVs - 3, ships/boats - 2, air defense means - 5, personnel - about 5,300 (to be specified).

191 tanks......Great news. Javelins are kicking ass......Can we ship the Ukrainians a few more thousand?????? I know we can produce them as fast as needed.

• Like 1

(edited)

35 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

We are fighting for ourselves, and against you. We appear to be the new Jews.

May no longer participate in international soccer championships and games, ditto for Eurovision. Three EU countries expelling all Russian college students. Czech Republic gives out 3 year jail sentences for expressing support for Russian point of view online. RT and Sputnik are banned wholesale. Internment camps obviously next.

Sorry, please stop your incredibly tacky gospel about Putin already? I used to be indifferent to him, but he must be doing something right. It is you, or us. On the way into incinerator, after you, dear sir.

Ditto for your lifelong fight against godless Commies. Turns out, you were a paid troll for the CIA all along. Do you really want to work that cheap ever again?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2018/08/22/the-cia-funded-a-culture-war-against-communism-it-should-do-so-again/

Edited by Andrei Moutchkine
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

February 27, 20225:13 PM ET
  •  

MICHEL MARTIN, HOST:

One ongoing question for the U.S. and its allies is this - how much military help should be sent to Ukraine to allow the country to continue to defend itself against the Russian invasion? Views on this have been shifting. Today, the European Union announced it will finance the purchase and delivery of weapons and other equipment to Ukraine. This follows moves by Germany and the U.S. to send more military aid and hardware to Ukraine as well. For additional perspective on this, we called Senator Dan Sullivan, Republican from Alaska. He sits on the Senate Armed Services Committee, and he's with us now. Senator, thank you so much for speaking with us today.

DAN SULLIVAN: Thank you, Michel. Good to be on the program.

MARTIN: So you're just actually back from security consultations in Europe. Any top-line thoughts about what those discussions were like and any conclusions that you came to?

SULLIVAN: Well, I think we're clearly seeing dangerous times right now, whether you're - obviously in Ukraine, but for the NATO countries on the front lines near this conflict. And just the statements today - increasingly seems that Putin is becoming almost unhinged with his public statements. But, you know, Michel, it's also a time where we're seeing a lot of courage. I had the opportunity to meet with parliamentarians and ministers, the mayor of Kyiv, all from Ukraine, when I was in the Munich Security Conference. And one of the things we - we said, God forbid, if there is a war that it's going to be important for the Ukrainian people to fight, and that's what you're seeing right now. And I think we're seeing a lot of courage there. I think we're seeing a lot of courage even with our own American media reporting on the front lines. So I would say from the perspectives I saw, there's a lot of NATO unity on this, which is important.

MARTIN: I'm going to get to that in a minute. I did want to talk a bit just focusing on Ukraine at the moment because the U.S. and its allies are starting to ramp up some serious military assistance for Ukraine. But the U.S. could do more. What is your assessment of the balance that the administration has struck so far, putting more focus on economic sanctions rather than emphasis on military assistance?

SULLIVAN: Well, I think - and I've been a proponent for a very long time of making sure the Ukrainians had defensive military weapons that they could use to defend themselves, particularly Stinger missile systems and the Javelin missile system that they can use to actually take out Russian armor. I will say that I - and many other senators, both Democrats and Republicans - when we we were in Munich, there was a big bipartisan CODEL. There's strong support for the actions that this - that the Biden administration has taken with our NATO allies to send more troops on the front - for the front-line NATO countries, like the Baltics, like Poland. And I'm very supportive of that. I also think drawing the line at we are not sending troops to Ukraine is the smart approach right now.

MARTIN: I want to talk more about that. One of the reasons we called you, frankly, is that you've devoted a lot of thought to U.S. defense capabilities in your state, Alaska. And I'm not sure that everybody thinks about this, but you certainly think about this, that Russia is not too far away from Alaska across the Bering Strait. Are you at all concerned about the possibility of a Russian military operation near your state?

SULLIVAN: Well, it's a great question, Michel. In my seven years in the Senate, one thing I have been focused on relentlessly is the very significant Russian buildup of its military capabilities in the Arctic. And just like they're acting in Ukraine, they have increasingly increased military capabilities in the Arctic and increased aggressive actions. To me, the most important way you deal with Putin is not through talk. It is through demonstrations of power. And that's why I've been a strong proponent of a military buildup in our Arctic. That's the one thing he understands. He understands energy. He understands military power. But we have a long way to go. Russia has 54 icebreakers, many of which are armed, some of which are nuclear. We have two, and one is broken.

MARTIN: You just said a minute ago that you feel that the defensive posture is the right posture for the United States to maintain, that the line that the United States has drawn is the correct one at this moment. But is there - do you have a red line where you would recommend that U.S. forces join the fight in some fashion, either air support a naval blockade, even troops? Is there a red line? Do you have one?

SULLIVAN: I have not been for a - for U.S. troops in Ukraine. They're not a member of NATO. I think the correct area of focus is on our NATO allies who are on the front lines of this conflict while continuing to provide defensive weapon systems, ammunition and crushing economic sanctions. And, again, the big hole in those sanctions to me is energy. And, you know, Michel, that's an area where I've had a lot of disagreements with the Biden administration. I think it's an issue that a lot of people are now starting to recognize, that when you have policies that have been very focused on actually undermining and restricting and delaying the production of American energy, not only has that been driving up energy costs on American families and leading to layoffs of American energy workers, but what that's really done is it's empowered adversaries, particularly like Putin, who uses energy as a weapon and has been doing so for decades.

MARTIN: That was Senator Dan Sullivan. He's a Republican from Alaska. He's a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee. And as we said earlier, he's just back from security consultations in Europe. Senator Sullivan, thanks so much for talking with us.

SULLIVAN: Thank you, Michel.

1 minute ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

We are fighting for ourselves, and against you. We appear to be the new Jews.

May no longer participate in international soccer championships and games, ditto for Eurovision. Three EU countries expelling all Russian college students. Czech Republic gives out 3 year jail sentences for expressing support for Russian point of view online. RT and Sputnik are banned wholesale. Internment camps obviously next.

Sorry, please stop your incredibly tacky gospel about Putin already? I used to be indifferent to him, but he must be doing something right. It is you, or us. On the way into incinerator, after you, dear sir.

Ditto for your lifelong fight against godless Commies. Turns out, you've a paid troll for the CIA all along. Do you really want to work that cheap ever again?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2018/08/22/the-cia-funded-a-culture-war-against-communism-it-should-do-so-again/

We are fighting for ourselves, and against you????? I thought you were  cowering in a basement in Austria. Head back to Russia, Putin is in dire need of replacement troops... You will make a great tank commander....ha ha ha (Russia has lost 150 of them in 4 days) Enjoy

https://news.yahoo.com/photos-putin-keeps-his-distance-during-meetings-194633383.html

Photos: Putin keeps his distance during meetings

Mon, February 28, 2022, 1:46 PM·6 min read

In this article:
  •  

•  

• Vladimir Putin
    Vladimir Putin
    President of Russia
  • Ilham Aliyev
    Ilham Aliyev
    4th president of the Republic of Azerbaijan

On Monday, Russian President Vladimir Putin held two meetings with advisers and Cabinet members that yielded more extraordinary images of the lengths he has gone to in recent weeks to socially distance himself from others.

With the ruble tumbling 30 percent on Monday as nations around the world unified to sanction Russia for its invasion of Ukraine, Putin met at the Kremlin with economic advisers, all of whom were gathered at one end of a long table while Putin sat alone at the other.

Russian President Vladimir Putin sits at one end of a long table with his advisers at the other.

Russian President Vladimir Putin leads a meeting on economic issues in Moscow on Monday. (Alexei Nikolsky, Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP)

A second socially distant meeting on Monday included Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu and Chief of the General Staff Valery Gerasimov. Again, Putin is seen at the head of the table, separated from his guests by several yards.

Russian President Vladimir Putin sits at one end of a long table with Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu and Valery Gerasimov, head of the general staff of the armed forces, at the other.

Putin with Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu, second from left, and Valery Gerasimov, head of the general staff of the armed forces, in Moscow on Sunday. (Alexei Nikolsky, Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP)

Putin's invasion of Ukraine has, by most accounts, not gone according to plan. Rallied by Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Ukraine's military and civilian defense forces have mounted an unexpectedly robust defense of cities like Kyiv and Kharkiv, galvanizing world opinion against Putin and Russia in the process.

Putin toasts with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, who stands on the opposite side of a large rug.

Putin toasts with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev after talks in the Kremlin on Feb. 22. (Mikhail Klimentyev, Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP)

During a Feb. 22 meeting with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, pool photographers captured the two leaders toasting one another from across the room.

Putin, with Aliyev at a far-off desk, during a news conference.

Putin and Aliyev during a news conference at the Kremlin on Feb. 22. (Mikhail Klimentyev, Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP)

Putin's meeting with Aliyev came one day before the Russian leader gave the order for his troops to begin their offensive in Ukraine. Russia has been one of Azerbaijan's main suppliers of military hardware, and at the Feb. 22 meeting, Putin and Aliyev signed a declaration that Azerbaijan's leader said "brings our relations to the level of an alliance" in that it strengthened the ties between the two nations.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, left, speaks to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev from across a wide table during their meeting in the Kremlin on Feb. 22.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, left, speaks to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev during their meeting in the Kremlin on Feb. 22. (Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP)

But with world sentiment mounting against Putin over the Russian invasion, Aliyev seemed to have second thoughts. On Saturday, Zelensky said in a video message that Aliyev and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had offered to help broker peace talks between Russia and Ukraine.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, left, chairs a security council meeting at the Kremlin, with his advisers seated on the opposite side of the room, on Feb. 21, days before the invasion of Ukraine.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, left, chairs a security council meeting at the Kremlin on Feb. 21, days before the invasion of Ukraine. (Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP)

In an extraordinary meeting with his security council on Feb. 21, Putin again kept his distance from those he was speaking to, sitting several yards away in a columned hall in the Kremlin. Asking the security council members to offer their views on his plan to officially recognize the independence of two

It looks to me like Putin is rightly afraid of everyone and wants to be able to duck under his table. Whatever happened to kissing on both cheeks?

2 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

https://news.yahoo.com/photos-putin-keeps-his-distance-during-meetings-194633383.html

In this article:
  •  

•  

• Vladimir Putin
    Vladimir Putin
    President of Russia
  • Ilham Aliyev
    Ilham Aliyev

On Monday, Russian President Vladimir Putin held two meetings with advisers and Cabinet members that yielded more extraordinary images of the lengths he has gone to in recent weeks to socially distance himself from others.

With the ruble tumbling 30 percent on Monday as nations around the world unified to sanction Russia for its invasion of Ukraine, Putin met at the Kremlin with economic advisers, all of whom were gathered at one end of a long table while Putin sat alone at the other.

Russian President Vladimir Putin sits at one end of a long table with his advisers at the other.

Russian President Vladimir Putin leads a meeting on economic issues in Moscow on Monday. (Alexei Nikolsky, Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP)

A second socially distant meeting on Monday included Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu and Chief of the General Staff Valery Gerasimov. Again, Putin is seen at the head of the table, separated from his guests by several yards.

Russian President Vladimir Putin sits at one end of a long table with Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu and Valery Gerasimov, head of the general staff of the armed forces, at the other.

Putin with Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu, second from left, and Valery Gerasimov, head of the general staff of the armed forces, in Moscow on Sunday. (Alexei Nikolsky, Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP)

Putin's invasion of Ukraine has, by most accounts, not gone according to plan. Rallied by Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Ukraine's military and civilian defense forces have mounted an unexpectedly robust defense of cities like Kyiv and Kharkiv, galvanizing world opinion against Putin and Russia in the process.

Putin toasts with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, who stands on the opposite side of a large rug.

Putin toasts with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev after talks in the Kremlin on Feb. 22. (Mikhail Klimentyev, Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP)

During a Feb. 22 meeting with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, pool photographers captured the two leaders toasting one another from across the room.

Putin and Aliyev during a news conference at the Kremlin on Feb. 22. (Mikhail Klimentyev, Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP)

Putin's meeting with Aliyev came one day before the Russian leader gave the order for his troops to begin their offensive in Ukraine. Russia has been one of Azerbaijan's main suppliers of military hardware, and at the Feb. 22 meeting, Putin and Aliyev signed a declaration that Azerbaijan's leader said "brings our relations to the level of an alliance" in that it strengthened the ties between the two nations.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, left, speaks to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev from across a wide table during their meeting in the Kremlin on Feb. 22.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, left, speaks to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev during their meeting in the Kremlin on Feb. 22. (Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP)

But with world sentiment mounting against Putin over the Russian invasion, Aliyev seemed to have second thoughts. On Saturday, Zelensky said in a video message that Aliyev and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had offered to help broker peace talks between Russia and Ukraine.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, left, chairs a security council meeting at the Kremlin, with his advisers seated on the opposite side of the room, on Feb. 21, days before the invasion of Ukraine.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, left, chairs a security council meeting at the Kremlin on Feb. 21, days before the invasion of Ukraine. (Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP)

In an extraordinary meeting with his security council on Feb. 21, Putin again kept his distance from those he was speaking to, sitting several yards away in a columned hall in the Kremlin. Asking the security council members to offer their views on his plan to officially recognize the independence of two

Ron, you win today for best post. Really put a smile on my face and having a great chuckle. Keep up the good work.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I am an ardent follower of this guy since before the war! His blend of comedy, sci-fi and fantasy is unparalleled! Completely new story every time though, no continuity.

The Ukrainians have no command structure left above regiment level at most, which could coordinate the artillery fire in the back. Expect a major cauldron surrounding Ukrainian forces massed in Donbass from the back (West) within few days. We are talking up to 100,000 troops to a cauldron.

"Zhytomyr highway towards Kyiv" is the last major road tentatively still open. Ukrainian forces tried to make a dash for it, but then rolled back to their fortified positions around Kramatorsk. This should be it for them. No resupply.

The numbers of lost aircraft and choppers are way inflated, the rest I have no means to verify. I've seen 3-4 dead choppers confirmed and not a single aircraft. Also, no ships.

How to jumpstart an abandoned Russian APC

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1498332884121399307

now you know

7 minutes ago, notsonice said:

We are fighting for ourselves, and against you????? I thought you were  cowering in a basement in Austria. Head back to Russia, Putin is in dire need of replacement troops... You will make a great tank commander....ha ha ha (Russia has lost 150 of them in 4 days) Enjoy

I am an out of shape, middle-aged man cowering on the ground floor. There are other ways how I can help my people (who notably include both Russians and Ukrainians) than driving tanks. I suggest you wait some time, and let the scorecard settle some? I highly doubt Russia left 150 of anybody, even if they lost so many vehicles.

3 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

I am an out of shape, middle-aged man cowering on the ground floor. There are other ways how I can help my people (who notably include both Russians and Ukrainians) than driving tanks. I suggest you wait some time, and let the scorecard settle some? I highly doubt Russia left 150 of anybody, even if they lost so many vehicles.

There are other ways how I can help my people???? you really think posting your garbage is helping your Russian pals????  Yep 150 tanks wiped out.... and the number will double in the next few days.......Lose some weight fast otherwise you will get stuck in the hatch.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

In this article:
  •  

•  

• Vladimir Putin
    Vladimir Putin
    President of Russia
  • Ilham Aliyev
    Ilham Aliyev

Why is the Covid distancing an event? It is customary for your leadership to issue Covid mandates for the commoners, but not follow them themselves. What's wrong with a head of state who actually does?

30% down means it rebounded some 10% already.

Just now, notsonice said:

There are other ways how I can help my people???? you really think posting your garbage is helping your Russian pals????  Yep 150 tanks wiped out.... and the number will double in the next few days.......Lose some weight fast otherwise you will get stuck in the hatch.

Got proofs? Even Ukraine lost less, AFAIK.

The Russian Deputy Minister stuck in a tank hatch

image.jpeg.766936187b54c901d32ae519712bdb88.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

• Haha 2

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Got proofs? Even Ukraine lost less, AFAIK.

just estimates ....but with Javelins ......believable....those bad boys have a 95 percent kill rate...Enjoy the read

Ukraine says Russia has lost 5,300 troops, 191 tanks, 58 aircraft

Russia has reduced the pace of its offensive

Web Desk Updated: February 28, 2022 13:34 IST
Kharkiv apcA Russian armored personnel carrier burns in Kharkiv | AP

The Ukrainian ministry of defence on Monday claimed Russia's death toll in the conflict between the two nations had crossed 5,000.

The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine announced on Facebook that approximately 5,300 Russian personnel had died. It claimed Russia had lost 29 aeroplanes and 29 helicopters, 191 tanks and 816 armoured combat vehicles among other equipment. Ukraine also claimed to have destroyed two Russian maritime craft.

Ukraine's Deputy Defence Minister Hanna Maliar cautioned the figures were only estimates.

“Information is indicative… since it is extremely difficult to receive after the battle, because the commanders primarily focus on the fight. In addition, the information we can only receive after the completion of the battle, and the battles are extremely prolonged in time. The arrival of data may occur next day, and sometimes every other day. In addition, if the battle lasted at night and began on one calendar date and ended on another, it is quite difficult to separate on what day certain losses occurred,” she was quoted as saying by Interfax.

Earlier in the day, the General Staff claimed Russia had reduced the pace of its offensive. It claimed Russia was continuing airstrikes on “military and civilian airports, military control points (forces), air defence system facilities, critical infrastructure facilities”.

Ukraine alleged Russia had violated international humanitarian conventions by firing missiles at “residential buildings in the cities of Zhytomyr and Chernihiv”.

Edited by notsonice

1 minute ago, notsonice said:

The Russian Deputy Minister stuck in a tank hatch

image.jpeg.766936187b54c901d32ae519712bdb88.jpeg

This appears to be Rogozin, the guy who runs Roskosmos, the Russian Space Agency.  Any idea what he's doing stuck in a tank hatch?

Just now, Andrei Moutchkine said:

This appears to be Rogozin, the guy who runs Roskosmos, the Russian Space Agency.  Any idea what he's doing stuck in a tank hatch?

nope no idea ...........guess Putin is getting desperate.....He will take even fat out of shape Russians now to drive the tanks....You should apply

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, notsonice said:

just estimates ....but with Javelins ......believable....those bad boys have a 95 percent kill rate

Ukraine says Russia has lost 5,300 troops, 191 tanks, 58 aircraft

Russia has reduced the pace of its offensive

Web Desk Updated: February 28, 2022 13:34 IST
Kharkiv apcA Russian armored personnel carrier burns in Kharkiv | AP

The Ukrainian ministry of defence on Monday claimed Russia's death toll in the conflict between the two nations had crossed 5,000.

The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine announced on Facebook that approximately 5,300 Russian personnel had died. It claimed Russia had lost 29 aeroplanes and 29 helicopters, 191 tanks and 816 armoured combat vehicles among other equipment. Ukraine also claimed to have destroyed two Russian maritime craft.

Ukraine's Deputy Defence Minister Hanna Maliar cautioned the figures were only estimates.

“Information is indicative… since it is extremely difficult to receive after the battle, because the commanders primarily focus on the fight. In addition, the information we can only receive after the completion of the battle, and the battles are extremely prolonged in time. The arrival of data may occur next day, and sometimes every other day. In addition, if the battle lasted at night and began on one calendar date and ended on another, it is quite difficult to separate on what day certain losses occurred,” she was quoted as saying by Interfax.

Earlier in the day, the General Staff claimed Russia had reduced the pace of its offensive. It claimed Russia was continuing airstrikes on “military and civilian airports, military control points (forces), air defence system facilities, critical infrastructure facilities”.

Ukraine alleged Russia had violated international humanitarian conventions by firing missiles at “residential buildings in the cities of Zhytomyr and Chernihiv”.

Aha, the burning APC appears to be the

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTR-4

which is endemic to Ukraine. Unless Jay knows better again? I am not aware of any Russian BTR version which has regular transparent windshield.

The other vehicles might be Russian, for all I know, due to the Z and merely abandoned. So, they probably have been whacking each other and the Ukrainian APC got killed.

Don't think they issued any Javelins yet. Because LDNR guys haven't got any. Got a pile of British NLAWs though.

3 min ago

Turkey warns all countries to not let warships go through the Turkish Straits

From CNN's Isil Sariyuce in Istanbul 

A Russian patrol boat travels through the Bosphorus Strait, past the city of Istanbul, on February 16. A Russian patrol boat travels through the Bosphorus Strait, past the city of Istanbul, on February 16. (Ozan Kose/AFP/Getty Images/File)

Turkish minister of foreign affairs Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu said on Monday evening that Turkey warned “all countries, that have coast to Black Sea, or not, not to let warships pass through the straits” according to Turkey’s state-run news agency Anadolu. 

On Sunday, Çavuşoğlu said Turkey recognizes Russia’s invasion as “war” which gives Turkey certain control over the straits that connect the Black Sea, Marmara and Aegean.

"We warned all countries, that have a coast on the Black Sea or not, not to let warships go through the straits," Çavuşoğlu told reporters after a Cabinet meeting in Ankara, Anadolu reported.

"To date, there has been no request for passage through the straits [since the war started],” Çavuşoğlu said according to Anadolu. “Until today, the Russians were asking whether we would implement Montreux if needed. We told them that we would apply it word by word,” he added.

"If Turkey is not a party to the war, it has the authority not to allow the passage of the belligerent countries' ships through the straits. If the warship is returning to its base in the Black Sea, the passage is not blocked,” he explained. 

More background on Montreux: The 1936 Montreux Convention gives Turkey the authority to ban warships of all countries, regardless of they are party to war or not and regardless they have a coast on the Black Sea or not, to pass from the straits during times of war if Turkey is a party of the war or if Turkey says it is under threat.

• Great Response! 1

5 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Quite the insight. The Ukraine should not join NATO until they meet all the requirements. Same as any country. In fact a country like Turkey would lose NATO rights if it were up to me. NATO sends a great message to the world that we help sometimes even if your not NATO. If Taiwan is attacked by China I expect the world to send it thousands of missiles. This is about human rights and the fair treatment of humans. You don’t need an organization to speak for you. You just need to be woke.

45 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

It looks to me like Putin is rightly afraid of everyone and wants to be able to duck under his table. Whatever happened to kissing on both cheeks?

To fuel your obsession with Putin, here is a fun guide on him being crazy

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/russia-ukraine-war-invasion-madman-script-same

How many times will your fall for that one?