Tomasz

 What Russia has reached over three months diplomatic and military pressure on West ?

Recommended Posts

(edited)

And let me explain one thing why this is still special operation. 

In whole operation Russia is using a contingent of a out 200.000 soldiers. Ukrainę currently has 700.000 soldiers and a lot of western weapons. 

Lets me Say that ratio al People would Say Ukrainę has a strategic advance. But still is loosing this war with Russia STILL FIGHTING ONLY WITH ONE HAND IN COMPARISON WITH POTENTIAL. 

Let Me explain this conflict is not only about Ukraine but much more about new World order. 

I would even say more fundamentally important things are going in evonomic and monetary wars. 

IT Looks more and more IT will be West vs couple of non-west great Powers like China Russia India maybe Brazil Saudi Arabia and Turkey. 

Its new kind of conflict that means not too much Bloody shooting more sanctions economy and monetary wars. 

Edited by Tomasz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tomasz said:

SO in two days time Ukraine

-fired Himars at its own soldiers held as POWs showing them that surrender is not an option

- shots thousands of mines on Donetsk Streets in order to kill as many random People as possible

I was always sceptic as Pole to Ukrainians. Whether I didnt support invasion at start CURRENT Ukraine simply must be denazified.

Its strong word but after such huge amount of ukrainian propaganda every day  and crimes by Ukrainians I dont undestand why pro russian goverment should be really worse option then CURRENT regime. Even for Poland. 

I would critisize Russia a lot more for invading any other country. Let IT be Belarus Lithuania Estonia Georgia or Kazakhstan. 

Ukraine is simply sick man of Europe for last 30 years. 

 

 

" fired Himars at its own soldiers held as POWs "

many of those POWs were high-value intelligence.

Dead men tell no tales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very interesting (fresh) analysis by Graham E. Fuller (former deputy head of the CIA's National Intelligence Council, responsible for global intelligence analysis).

Well, unless someone writes that he is an "russian agent".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_E._Fuller


A few theses (also link to the original):
1. This war would not have happened if the neutrality of Ukraine, á la Finland and Austria, had been accepted.
2. Contrary to Washington's triumphal statements, Russia is winning this war.
3. The US sanctions against Russia turned out to be much more devastating for Europe than for Russia.
4. There are already deep rifts in the European "NATO unity".
5. Indeed, this is not a Ukrainian-Russian war, but an American-Russian war fought against the last Ukrainian.
6. Europe already views the United States as a declining power with an erratic and self-righteous foreign policy "vision" based on the desperate need to retain "American leadership" in the world.
7. One of the most disturbing features of this US-Russian struggle in Ukraine is the complete corruption of the independent media.
8. A truly independent and free press has largely disappeared into the hands of a corporate-dominated media close to political circles.
9. Most of the world - Latin America, India, the Middle East, and Africa - do not have many national interests in this essentially American war with Russia.

https://grahamefuller.com/some-hard-thoughts-about-post-ukraine/?fbclid=IwAR1Jn5cau47ew13DgOhYLwtV-TRmm6yRN2rzePPSUfheZkFrr8XcgrdR2_Q

  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3540897-russia-uses-scorchedearth-policy-in-ukraine-over-17000-strikes-on-civilian-objects.html

 

ive months into the full-scale invasion of Ukraine, the Russian aggressor has attacked civilian objects 60 times more often than military ones.

The relevant statement was made by the Center for Countering Disinformation (CCD) at the National Security and Defense Council (NSDC) of Ukraine on Telegram, an Ukrinform correspondent reports.

“Despite Putin’s statement that ‘the Russian army does not strike any civilian objects’, five months into the war, Russia has attacked civilian objects about 60 times more often than military ones. Numerically, it is 17.3 thousand strikes on civilian objects and about 300 – on military objects. First of all, Russian occupiers strike civilian infrastructure in the settlements situated along the front line,” the report states.

 

Russia uses ‘scorched-earth policy’ in Ukraine: Over 17,000 strikes on civilian objects

 

According to the CCD, the Kremlin expects that such shelling will encourage local residents to stop resistance and make a stand against the ‘Kyiv Regime’.

The ‘scorched-earth policy’ replaced the Russian army’s stake on mobile groups penetrating deep into the country, which had failed.

In general, over 50% of the total housing stock was damaged or destroyed in Mariupol, Kharkiv, Chernihiv, Bucha, Sievierodonetsk and Lysychansk. Over 3.5 million Ukrainians lost their homes, which is 8% of the country’s population.

Russian troops also target health and educational institutions, cultural objects. In particular, over 830 health institutions, 2,129 educational institutions and 530 culture and arts objects were damaged all over Ukraine.

Another reason for frequent strikes on civilian objects is the low accuracy of Russian weapons and that Russian troops may use outdated or incorrect data. According to the CCD, over 70% of Russian missiles miss the intended target.

Nevertheless, using the ‘scorched-earth policy’ is recognized as a war crime and terrorism across the globe, the CCD stressed.

mk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

33 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

 

 

 the Russian aggressor has attacked civilian objects 60 times more often than military ones.
 

Unfortunately, civilian and military targets are not exclusive.  If you store guns or house soldiers in a school it becomes a military target.  Effectively trying to use children as a morality based meat shield.

"Roof knocking" is sometimes used to warn civilians they are near a military target.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 7/27/2022 at 2:51 PM, Andrei Moutchkine said:

It is an invasion as any other, progressing at a steady pace, in case you didn't notice. What's up with this holier than though attitude? If it were one of yours, you'd carpet bomb all of Ukraine's civilian infrastructure into rubble first thing. With Russians, do local stilllargely  enjoy electricity, cell phones and water mains, at least.

I am not "hiding" I live here. It is not entirely impossible that I'll be heading back to Russia (or postwar Ukraine) soon enough. If I were any younger, I would be gone years ago. No really good reason to prefer Austria to Russia anymore, but personal inertia. I can tell you've never been. Do visit for an informed opinion, then, yap? Russia is an amazing place these days.

Gotta agree with you

https://youtu.be/Ds8enLwEflQ

@notsonice

 

Edited by Hotone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/07/29/russias-population-decline-hits-record-rate-a78437

 

 
 

Russia’s Population Decline Hits Record Rate

 

 
July 29, 2022
flipboard_mrrw.png
5422191.jpegAn aerial view of the Butovo Cemetery in Moscow.Denis Voronin / Moskva News Agency

Russia’s population shrank by a record average of 86,000 people a month between January and May, state statistics agency Rosstat has said.  

The decline surpasses the previous record contraction of 57,000 people a month in 2002, when Russia’s population shrank to 145.3 million from nearly 146 million the previous year. 

Russia’s population has fallen to 145.1 million after a decline of 430,000 people, according to Rosstat’s latest demographic report.

The rate of Russia’s population decline has almost doubled since 2021 and nearly tripled since 2020, according to The Moscow Times’ Russian service

Russia’s population has been in near-constant decline for decades, and the coronavirus pandemic led to the country’s largest natural population decline since the end of the Soviet Union in 2021. 

Rosstat’s data showed Russia’s natural population — a figure which counts registered deaths and births, excluding the effects of migration — declined by 355,000 between January and May 2022.

Despite Russia’s invasion of Ukraine that recent outside estimates say has resulted in the deaths of close to 40,000 Russian troops, the Rosstat data showed deaths declining by 36,100 compared with January-May 2021 and totaling 878,300 in January-May 2022.

Births also declined by 31,100 and totaled 523,200 over the same period.

An estimated 75,300 migrants have meanwhile left Russia, or 5,000 fewer than in January-May 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 7/31/2022 at 10:21 PM, Ron Wagner said:

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3540897-russia-uses-scorchedearth-policy-in-ukraine-over-17000-strikes-on-civilian-objects.html

 

ive months into the full-scale invasion of Ukraine, the Russian aggressor has attacked civilian objects 60 times more often than military ones.

The relevant statement was made by the Center for Countering Disinformation (CCD) at the National Security and Defense Council (NSDC) of Ukraine on Telegram, an Ukrinform correspondent reports.

“Despite Putin’s statement that ‘the Russian army does not strike any civilian objects’, five months into the war, Russia has attacked civilian objects about 60 times more often than military ones. Numerically, it is 17.3 thousand strikes on civilian objects and about 300 – on military objects. First of all, Russian occupiers strike civilian infrastructure in the settlements situated along the front line,” the report states.

 

Russia uses ‘scorched-earth policy’ in Ukraine: Over 17,000 strikes on civilian objects

 

According to the CCD, the Kremlin expects that such shelling will encourage local residents to stop resistance and make a stand against the ‘Kyiv Regime’.

The ‘scorched-earth policy’ replaced the Russian army’s stake on mobile groups penetrating deep into the country, which had failed.

In general, over 50% of the total housing stock was damaged or destroyed in Mariupol, Kharkiv, Chernihiv, Bucha, Sievierodonetsk and Lysychansk. Over 3.5 million Ukrainians lost their homes, which is 8% of the country’s population.

Russian troops also target health and educational institutions, cultural objects. In particular, over 830 health institutions, 2,129 educational institutions and 530 culture and arts objects were damaged all over Ukraine.

Another reason for frequent strikes on civilian objects is the low accuracy of Russian weapons and that Russian troops may use outdated or incorrect data. According to the CCD, over 70% of Russian missiles miss the intended target.

Nevertheless, using the ‘scorched-earth policy’ is recognized as a war crime and terrorism across the globe, the CCD stressed.

mk

It is the Ukrainian practice to hide behind the civilians that is pervasive. They don't really have to make a stand in hospitals and schools, but they always do. Russia already started rebuilding in the occupied territories.

Edited by Andrei Moutchkine
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2022 at 11:26 PM, Ron Wagner said:

Russia’s population has fallen to 145.1 million after a decline of 430,000 people, according to Rosstat’s latest demographic report.

Only 430,000?  They reported 383,000 covid deaths....

Meanwhile the USA has reported 1,056,000 covid deaths.  USA #1!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Putin is just speeding up Germany on its quest to stop importing Russian gas....Looks like there  never was a need for Nordstrom 2. Nat gas use for electricity needs in Germany are down to less than 10 percent right now
 
 
02 Aug 2022, 14:20

July marks Germany’s third monthly solar power output record in a row

pv magazine

Photovoltaic systems in Germany generated a new record level of electricity in the month July 2022, the pv magazine reported. Solar PV arrays produced 8.23 terawatt hours (TWh) of power, accounting for roughly one fifth of the country’s net electricity generation and also marking the third record month in a row for photovoltaics, according to data from the Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems (ISE). Only Germany’s lignite-fired power plants generated more electricity that month, at almost 9 TWh for a 21.9 percent share. The country’s total renewables share reached 50.6 percent in July. In May PV generation reached a new high of 7.7 TWh and in June, PV power exceeded the 8 TWh-mark for the first time. "It’s quite unusual for photovoltaic systems to generate more electricity than in June, but it helped keep the electricity price stable," commented Bruno Burger, head of the Fraunhofer ISE’s Energy-Charts. At some 315 euros per megawatt hour (MWh), however, the day-ahead exchange price for electricity was around eight times higher than a year ago. German electricity prices are currently in the European mid-range, higher than the 115 euros per MWh in Sweden but below the more than 400 euros per MWh currently prevailing in France.  

The German government is aiming to increase solar PV installations to a total of 22 GW per year as of 2026 and to achieve a total capacity of 215 GW by 2030, up from about 60 GW in 2021.

powerproductiongermanyjuly2022-fraunhofe
Edited by notsonice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, notsonice said:
Putin is just speeding up Germany on its quest to stop importing Russian gas....Looks like there  never was a need for Nordstrom 2. Nat gas use for electricity needs in Germany are down to less than 10 percent right now
 
 
02 Aug 2022, 14:20

July marks Germany’s third monthly solar power output record in a row

pv magazine

Photovoltaic systems in Germany generated a new record level of electricity in the month July 2022, the pv magazine reported. Solar PV arrays produced 8.23 terawatt hours (TWh) of power, accounting for roughly one fifth of the country’s net electricity generation and also marking the third record month in a row for photovoltaics, according to data from the Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems (ISE). Only Germany’s lignite-fired power plants generated more electricity that month, at almost 9 TWh for a 21.9 percent share. The country’s total renewables share reached 50.6 percent in July. In May PV generation reached a new high of 7.7 TWh and in June, PV power exceeded the 8 TWh-mark for the first time. "It’s quite unusual for photovoltaic systems to generate more electricity than in June, but it helped keep the electricity price stable," commented Bruno Burger, head of the Fraunhofer ISE’s Energy-Charts. At some 315 euros per megawatt hour (MWh), however, the day-ahead exchange price for electricity was around eight times higher than a year ago. German electricity prices are currently in the European mid-range, higher than the 115 euros per MWh in Sweden but below the more than 400 euros per MWh currently prevailing in France.  

The German government is aiming to increase solar PV installations to a total of 22 GW per year as of 2026 and to achieve a total capacity of 215 GW by 2030, up from about 60 GW in 2021.

powerproductiongermanyjuly2022-fraunhofe

Good time to invest in polysilicon and solar equipment manufacturers in China.

https://techcentral.co.za/solar-panel-prices-continue-to-soar/213601/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2022 at 7:26 AM, Ron Wagner said:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/07/29/russias-population-decline-hits-record-rate-a78437

 

 
 

Russia’s Population Decline Hits Record Rate

 

 
July 29, 2022
flipboard_mrrw.png
5422191.jpegAn aerial view of the Butovo Cemetery in Moscow.Denis Voronin / Moskva News Agency

Russia’s population shrank by a record average of 86,000 people a month between January and May, state statistics agency Rosstat has said.  

The decline surpasses the previous record contraction of 57,000 people a month in 2002, when Russia’s population shrank to 145.3 million from nearly 146 million the previous year. 

Russia’s population has fallen to 145.1 million after a decline of 430,000 people, according to Rosstat’s latest demographic report.

The rate of Russia’s population decline has almost doubled since 2021 and nearly tripled since 2020, according to The Moscow Times’ Russian service

Russia’s population has been in near-constant decline for decades, and the coronavirus pandemic led to the country’s largest natural population decline since the end of the Soviet Union in 2021. 

Rosstat’s data showed Russia’s natural population — a figure which counts registered deaths and births, excluding the effects of migration — declined by 355,000 between January and May 2022.

Despite Russia’s invasion of Ukraine that recent outside estimates say has resulted in the deaths of close to 40,000 Russian troops, the Rosstat data showed deaths declining by 36,100 compared with January-May 2021 and totaling 878,300 in January-May 2022.

Births also declined by 31,100 and totaled 523,200 over the same period.

An estimated 75,300 migrants have meanwhile left Russia, or 5,000 fewer than in January-May 2021.

Good thing they are about to score a couple of mil former Ukrainians.

  • Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, notsonice said:
Putin is just speeding up Germany on its quest to stop importing Russian gas....Looks like there  never was a need for Nordstrom 2. Nat gas use for electricity needs in Germany are down to less than 10 percent right now
 
 
02 Aug 2022, 14:20

July marks Germany’s third monthly solar power output record in a row

pv magazine

Photovoltaic systems in Germany generated a new record level of electricity in the month July 2022, the pv magazine reported. Solar PV arrays produced 8.23 terawatt hours (TWh) of power, accounting for roughly one fifth of the country’s net electricity generation and also marking the third record month in a row for photovoltaics, according to data from the Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems (ISE). Only Germany’s lignite-fired power plants generated more electricity that month, at almost 9 TWh for a 21.9 percent share. The country’s total renewables share reached 50.6 percent in July. In May PV generation reached a new high of 7.7 TWh and in June, PV power exceeded the 8 TWh-mark for the first time. "It’s quite unusual for photovoltaic systems to generate more electricity than in June, but it helped keep the electricity price stable," commented Bruno Burger, head of the Fraunhofer ISE’s Energy-Charts. At some 315 euros per megawatt hour (MWh), however, the day-ahead exchange price for electricity was around eight times higher than a year ago. German electricity prices are currently in the European mid-range, higher than the 115 euros per MWh in Sweden but below the more than 400 euros per MWh currently prevailing in France.  

The German government is aiming to increase solar PV installations to a total of 22 GW per year as of 2026 and to achieve a total capacity of 215 GW by 2030, up from about 60 GW in 2021.

powerproductiongermanyjuly2022-fraunhofe

There is a need, all right, but no will. Because Germany is no sovereign country.

  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/poll-finds-only-1-americans-see-russia-major-problem

Poll Finds Only 1% Of Americans See Russia As A Major Problem

A new Gallup poll has found that a mere 1 per cent of Americans view Russia as a major problem, with far more concern expressed about inflation, bad governance and the state of the economy.

In a revealing illustration of to what degree people have lost interest in ‘the current thing,’ whereas 9 per cent of Americans viewed relations with Russia as the most important problem facing the country back in March, that number has now plummeted.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russia Has Exported $1 Billion In Fossil Fuels Per Day Since The Ukraine War Despite Sanctions And Boycotts

Tyler Durden's Photo
by Tyler Durden
Thursday, Aug 04, 2022 - 01:00 AM

By Alex Kimani of OilPrice.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 11:30 PM, TailingsPond said:

Only 430,000?  They reported 383,000 covid deaths....

Meanwhile the USA has reported 1,056,000 covid deaths.  USA #1!!!

Ukraine lost some 714,000 in 2021, also an all-time record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/08/02/sanctions-cripple-russian-economy-study-says-a78478

 

 
 

Sanctions ‘Cripple’ Russian Economy, Study Says

 

Aug. 2, 2022
flipboard_mrrw.png
TASS_53945928.jpgA key example of Russian problems, according to the report from the Yale School of Management, is the automobile sector.Dmitry Sandimirov/TASS

The Russian economy has been deeply damaged by sanctions and the exit of international business since the country invaded Ukraine, according to a new report by Yale University business experts and economists.

 

Even though Moscow has been able to pull in billions of dollars from continued energy sales at elevated prices, largely unpublished data shows that much of its domestic economic activity has stalled since the Feb. 24 invasion, according to the report released in late July.

 

"The findings of our comprehensive economic analysis of Russia are powerful and indisputable: Not only have sanctions and the business retreat worked, they have thoroughly crippled the Russian economy at every level," said the report from the Yale School of Management.

 

"Russian domestic production has come to a complete standstill with no capacity to replace lost businesses, products and talent," the 118-page report said.

 

The report was produced by Jeffrey Sonnenfeld, president of the Yale Chief Executive Leadership Institute, and other members of the institute, a mix of economists and business management experts.

 

With Moscow having halted or pared the release of official economic statistics, including crucial trade figures, Sonnenfeld's group tapped into data held by companies, banks, consultants, Russian trading partners and others to build a picture of Russian economic performance.

 

They also said they obtained unreleased data from experts on the Russian economy, and data in other languages which supported their conclusions.

 

Even if Russia is able to earn more foreign exchange on gas and oil exports, that has not offset the impact of Western sanctions.

 

And, they argue, the country's dependence on Europe to buy 83% of its energy exports leaves it under a greater medium-term threat.

 

"Russia is far more dependent on Europe than Europe is on Russia," they said.

 

 

Car industry crashes

Russia largely survived Western economic sanctions after Moscow's 2014 seizure of the Ukraine region of Crimea.

 

President Vladimir Putin pushed a program of replacing some imports with domestic products and built up a cushion of financial reserves.

 

But the country's industry remained heavily driven by foreign capital investment and the import of higher-tech inputs that Russia had not mastered, like semiconductors.

 

The barrage of deeper sanctions after the invasion took aim at both of those vulnerabilities, the report said.

 

Some 1,000 foreign companies halted their activities in the country, potentially impacting up to 5 million jobs, according to the report.

 

Industrial output plunged, and Russian retail sales and consumer spending have fallen at an annual rate of 15-20%.

 

Imports have plunged across the board, the report said; crucial imports from China fell by more than half.

 

A key example of Russian problems, according to the report, is the automobile sector.

 

Car sales went from 100,000 a month to 27,000 a month, and output has stalled due to a lack of parts and machinery.

 

Without access to imported components, Russian producers are putting out cars without airbags or modern anti-lock brakes, and only with manual transmissions.

 

Threat to gas revenues

The report challenged the belief that the Russian economy was surviving thanks to the tens of billions of dollars the country reaps each month from oil and gas exports.

 

Last week the IMF said the Russian economy, though contracting, was doing better than expected due to its energy and commodity export income.

 

The Yale report said data indicates energy revenues have been falling for the last three months.

 

If Western Europe succeeds in cutting itself off from Russian natural gas, Moscow faces an "unsolvable" situation with a lack of a market for its output, according to the report.

 

"Any decrease in oil and gas revenues or oil and gas export volumes would immediately put a strain on the Kremlin's budget," it said.

 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2022 at 4:21 AM, Ron Wagner said:

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3540897-russia-uses-scorchedearth-policy-in-ukraine-over-17000-strikes-on-civilian-objects.html

 

ive months into the full-scale invasion of Ukraine, the Russian aggressor has attacked civilian objects 60 times more often than military ones.

The relevant statement was made by the Center for Countering Disinformation (CCD) at the National Security and Defense Council (NSDC) of Ukraine on Telegram, an Ukrinform correspondent reports.

“Despite Putin’s statement that ‘the Russian army does not strike any civilian objects’, five months into the war, Russia has attacked civilian objects about 60 times more often than military ones. Numerically, it is 17.3 thousand strikes on civilian objects and about 300 – on military objects. First of all, Russian occupiers strike civilian infrastructure in the settlements situated along the front line,” the report states.

 

Russia uses ‘scorched-earth policy’ in Ukraine: Over 17,000 strikes on civilian objects

 

According to the CCD, the Kremlin expects that such shelling will encourage local residents to stop resistance and make a stand against the ‘Kyiv Regime’.

The ‘scorched-earth policy’ replaced the Russian army’s stake on mobile groups penetrating deep into the country, which had failed.

In general, over 50% of the total housing stock was damaged or destroyed in Mariupol, Kharkiv, Chernihiv, Bucha, Sievierodonetsk and Lysychansk. Over 3.5 million Ukrainians lost their homes, which is 8% of the country’s population.

Russian troops also target health and educational institutions, cultural objects. In particular, over 830 health institutions, 2,129 educational institutions and 530 culture and arts objects were damaged all over Ukraine.

Another reason for frequent strikes on civilian objects is the low accuracy of Russian weapons and that Russian troops may use outdated or incorrect data. According to the CCD, over 70% of Russian missiles miss the intended target.

Nevertheless, using the ‘scorched-earth policy’ is recognized as a war crime and terrorism across the globe, the CCD stressed.

 

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2022/08/ukraine-ukrainian-fighting-tactics-endanger-civilians/

Amnesty documents the Ukronazis war crimes.

In America law, when you aid and abet a criminal, you are a criminal also. When Wagner supports Ukraine, he is supporting criminals.

Wagner claims Russia is the aggressor.  For 8 years, the Ukraine govt shelled innocent civilians in the Donetsk region, causing 14,000 deaths. Not random deaths: ethnic Russians. For 8 years, those people pleaded the west and Russia for help. Russia gave humanitarian assistance; the west, nothing. The Ukronazis refused to honour the Minsk accord they, themselves, negotiated: thereby outright refusing a peaceful resolution. The aggressor is clear to see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2022 at 10:21 PM, Ron Wagner said:

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3540897-russia-uses-scorchedearth-policy-in-ukraine-over-17000-strikes-on-civilian-objects.html

 

ive months into the full-scale invasion of Ukraine, the Russian aggressor has attacked civilian objects 60 times more often than military ones.

The relevant statement was made by the Center for Countering Disinformation (CCD) at the National Security and Defense Council (NSDC) of Ukraine on Telegram, an Ukrinform correspondent reports.

“Despite Putin’s statement that ‘the Russian army does not strike any civilian objects’, five months into the war, Russia has attacked civilian objects about 60 times more often than military ones. Numerically, it is 17.3 thousand strikes on civilian objects and about 300 – on military objects. First of all, Russian occupiers strike civilian infrastructure in the settlements situated along the front line,” the report states.

 

Russia uses ‘scorched-earth policy’ in Ukraine: Over 17,000 strikes on civilian objects

 

According to the CCD, the Kremlin expects that such shelling will encourage local residents to stop resistance and make a stand against the ‘Kyiv Regime’.

The ‘scorched-earth policy’ replaced the Russian army’s stake on mobile groups penetrating deep into the country, which had failed.

In general, over 50% of the total housing stock was damaged or destroyed in Mariupol, Kharkiv, Chernihiv, Bucha, Sievierodonetsk and Lysychansk. Over 3.5 million Ukrainians lost their homes, which is 8% of the country’s population.

Russian troops also target health and educational institutions, cultural objects. In particular, over 830 health institutions, 2,129 educational institutions and 530 culture and arts objects were damaged all over Ukraine.

Another reason for frequent strikes on civilian objects is the low accuracy of Russian weapons and that Russian troops may use outdated or incorrect data. According to the CCD, over 70% of Russian missiles miss the intended target.

Nevertheless, using the ‘scorched-earth policy’ is recognized as a war crime and terrorism across the globe, the CCD stressed.

mk

Amnesty International wakes up and notices Ukraine using civilians / civilian infrastructure as shields.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/05/1115767497/amnesty-international-ukraine-military-civilians-war-crimes?t=1659770616891

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

3 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/08/02/sanctions-cripple-russian-economy-study-says-a78478

 

 
 

Sanctions ‘Cripple’ Russian Economy, Study Says

 

Aug. 2, 2022
flipboard_mrrw.png
TASS_53945928.jpgA key example of Russian problems, according to the report from the Yale School of Management, is the automobile sector.Dmitry Sandimirov/TASS

The Russian economy has been deeply damaged by sanctions and the exit of international business since the country invaded Ukraine, according to a new report by Yale University business experts and economists.

 

Even though Moscow has been able to pull in billions of dollars from continued energy sales at elevated prices, largely unpublished data shows that much of its domestic economic activity has stalled since the Feb. 24 invasion, according to the report released in late July.

 

"The findings of our comprehensive economic analysis of Russia are powerful and indisputable: Not only have sanctions and the business retreat worked, they have thoroughly crippled the Russian economy at every level," said the report from the Yale School of Management.

 

"Russian domestic production has come to a complete standstill with no capacity to replace lost businesses, products and talent," the 118-page report said.

 

The report was produced by Jeffrey Sonnenfeld, president of the Yale Chief Executive Leadership Institute, and other members of the institute, a mix of economists and business management experts.

 

With Moscow having halted or pared the release of official economic statistics, including crucial trade figures, Sonnenfeld's group tapped into data held by companies, banks, consultants, Russian trading partners and others to build a picture of Russian economic performance.

 

They also said they obtained unreleased data from experts on the Russian economy, and data in other languages which supported their conclusions.

 

Even if Russia is able to earn more foreign exchange on gas and oil exports, that has not offset the impact of Western sanctions.

 

And, they argue, the country's dependence on Europe to buy 83% of its energy exports leaves it under a greater medium-term threat.

 

"Russia is far more dependent on Europe than Europe is on Russia," they said.

 

 

Car industry crashes

Russia largely survived Western economic sanctions after Moscow's 2014 seizure of the Ukraine region of Crimea.

 

President Vladimir Putin pushed a program of replacing some imports with domestic products and built up a cushion of financial reserves.

 

But the country's industry remained heavily driven by foreign capital investment and the import of higher-tech inputs that Russia had not mastered, like semiconductors.

 

The barrage of deeper sanctions after the invasion took aim at both of those vulnerabilities, the report said.

 

Some 1,000 foreign companies halted their activities in the country, potentially impacting up to 5 million jobs, according to the report.

 

Industrial output plunged, and Russian retail sales and consumer spending have fallen at an annual rate of 15-20%.

 

Imports have plunged across the board, the report said; crucial imports from China fell by more than half.

 

A key example of Russian problems, according to the report, is the automobile sector.

 

Car sales went from 100,000 a month to 27,000 a month, and output has stalled due to a lack of parts and machinery.

 

Without access to imported components, Russian producers are putting out cars without airbags or modern anti-lock brakes, and only with manual transmissions.

 

Threat to gas revenues

The report challenged the belief that the Russian economy was surviving thanks to the tens of billions of dollars the country reaps each month from oil and gas exports.

 

Last week the IMF said the Russian economy, though contracting, was doing better than expected due to its energy and commodity export income.

 

The Yale report said data indicates energy revenues have been falling for the last three months.

 

If Western Europe succeeds in cutting itself off from Russian natural gas, Moscow faces an "unsolvable" situation with a lack of a market for its output, according to the report.

 

"Any decrease in oil and gas revenues or oil and gas export volumes would immediately put a strain on the Kremlin's budget," it said.

 
 

Car manufacturing is coming back online, with new part suppliers. Watch this space. This report should be, "Western suppliers lose the lucrative Russian market forever, are crying a river, to no avail"

Edited by Andrei Moutchkine
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/08/02/sanctions-cripple-russian-economy-study-says-a78478

 

 
 

Sanctions ‘Cripple’ Russian Economy, Study Says

 

Aug. 2, 2022
flipboard_mrrw.png
TASS_53945928.jpgA key example of Russian problems, according to the report from the Yale School of Management, is the automobile sector.Dmitry Sandimirov/TASS

The Russian economy has been deeply damaged by sanctions and the exit of international business since the country invaded Ukraine, according to a new report by Yale University business experts and economists.

 

Even though Moscow has been able to pull in billions of dollars from continued energy sales at elevated prices, largely unpublished data shows that much of its domestic economic activity has stalled since the Feb. 24 invasion, according to the report released in late July.

 

"The findings of our comprehensive economic analysis of Russia are powerful and indisputable: Not only have sanctions and the business retreat worked, they have thoroughly crippled the Russian economy at every level," said the report from the Yale School of Management.

 

"Russian domestic production has come to a complete standstill with no capacity to replace lost businesses, products and talent," the 118-page report said.

 

The report was produced by Jeffrey Sonnenfeld, president of the Yale Chief Executive Leadership Institute, and other members of the institute, a mix of economists and business management experts.

 

With Moscow having halted or pared the release of official economic statistics, including crucial trade figures, Sonnenfeld's group tapped into data held by companies, banks, consultants, Russian trading partners and others to build a picture of Russian economic performance.

 

They also said they obtained unreleased data from experts on the Russian economy, and data in other languages which supported their conclusions.

 

Even if Russia is able to earn more foreign exchange on gas and oil exports, that has not offset the impact of Western sanctions.

 

And, they argue, the country's dependence on Europe to buy 83% of its energy exports leaves it under a greater medium-term threat.

 

"Russia is far more dependent on Europe than Europe is on Russia," they said.

 

 

Car industry crashes

Russia largely survived Western economic sanctions after Moscow's 2014 seizure of the Ukraine region of Crimea.

 

President Vladimir Putin pushed a program of replacing some imports with domestic products and built up a cushion of financial reserves.

 

But the country's industry remained heavily driven by foreign capital investment and the import of higher-tech inputs that Russia had not mastered, like semiconductors.

 

The barrage of deeper sanctions after the invasion took aim at both of those vulnerabilities, the report said.

 

Some 1,000 foreign companies halted their activities in the country, potentially impacting up to 5 million jobs, according to the report.

 

Industrial output plunged, and Russian retail sales and consumer spending have fallen at an annual rate of 15-20%.

 

Imports have plunged across the board, the report said; crucial imports from China fell by more than half.

 

A key example of Russian problems, according to the report, is the automobile sector.

 

Car sales went from 100,000 a month to 27,000 a month, and output has stalled due to a lack of parts and machinery.

 

Without access to imported components, Russian producers are putting out cars without airbags or modern anti-lock brakes, and only with manual transmissions.

 

Threat to gas revenues

The report challenged the belief that the Russian economy was surviving thanks to the tens of billions of dollars the country reaps each month from oil and gas exports.

 

Last week the IMF said the Russian economy, though contracting, was doing better than expected due to its energy and commodity export income.

 

The Yale report said data indicates energy revenues have been falling for the last three months.

 

If Western Europe succeeds in cutting itself off from Russian natural gas, Moscow faces an "unsolvable" situation with a lack of a market for its output, according to the report.

 

"Any decrease in oil and gas revenues or oil and gas export volumes would immediately put a strain on the Kremlin's budget," it said.

 
 

Another boxcar of shit from the Wagner bullshit train.

Locally produced car sales are down, because of increased imports from China, which are better in all respects. Cars produced without airbags, auto trannys, electronics? Oh what horror.  What is the number one fail point for all amurcun and euro-peon vehicles? Electronics.

I have driven for 50 years. Not once have I needed air bags, ALB, and all the other electro crap put on cars these days. My 1st car was a VW bug. It had NOTHING electronic, and lasted nearly 500k miles, before metal fatigue rendered it unable to pass inspections: with original manual tranny. Everything could be and was reparable, in my own garage. I could even fab my own parts. I drove across a continent and back, without a dashboard navigator: I used a book of maps.

I wish I could find a new car that is manual mechanical everything. The Tesla is electro everything, even self-driving - entirely detestable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

8 minutes ago, frankfurter said:

I have driven for 50 years. Not once have I needed air bags, ALB, and all the other electro crap put on cars these days. My 1st car was a VW bug. It had NOTHING electronic, and lasted nearly 500k miles, before metal fatigue rendered it unable to pass inspections: with original manual tranny.

I wish I could find a new car that is manual mechanical everything. The Tesla is electro everything, even self-driving - entirely detestable.

 

You are waxing nostalgic.

They look awesome; but 50Hp and no air conditioning?

Edited by TailingsPond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

You are waxing nostalgic.

They look awesome; but 50Hp and no air conditioning?

thanks for a chuckle. so true.  50HP and no AC would never fly in today's gotta have a gimmick world.  but reliability and simplicity does fly. just look at the Toyota Land Cruiser; scarcity, prices for new and used. have you priced a '60s VW campervan these days?

real men eat quiche and drive manual transmissions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

17 hours ago, frankfurter said:

Another boxcar of shit from the Wagner bullshit train.

Locally produced car sales are down, because of increased imports from China, which are better in all respects. Cars produced without airbags, auto trannys, electronics? Oh what horror.  What is the number one fail point for all amurcun and euro-peon vehicles? Electronics.

I have driven for 50 years. Not once have I needed air bags, ALB, and all the other electro crap put on cars these days. My 1st car was a VW bug. It had NOTHING electronic, and lasted nearly 500k miles, before metal fatigue rendered it unable to pass inspections: with original manual tranny. Everything could be and was reparable, in my own garage. I could even fab my own parts. I drove across a continent and back, without a dashboard navigator: I used a book of maps.

I wish I could find a new car that is manual mechanical everything. The Tesla is electro everything, even self-driving - entirely detestable.

 

The post-sanction Ladas are actually coming out with more features than before, but mostly also cheaper. To everybody's surprise. The only thing that they haven't got are the airbags. Other than Chinese parts, there are also lots of Turkish and Iranian ones. Also, the emissions spec on all the engines downgraded to Euro II, which I think is great.

As far as the heavy truck parts, it turns out all the Allison and Daimler-Benz gear was locally produced. Got nationalized and is now Kamaz.

Tesla is more of a service that you rent, rather than a car that you own. This is the bit I find detestable.

Edited by Andrei Moutchkine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

You are waxing nostalgic.

They look awesome; but 50Hp and no air conditioning?

You could slap it onto a Kübelwagen chassis and drive into the nearest pond for some cooling? To continue in the same vein. Apparently, the two are "pin-compatible" and such hybrids do exist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Kübelwagen (search for "Type 82E")

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.