TN

3-D Chess not the 2-D Chess of Ukraine-Russia - What is actually coming during this decade…

(edited)

28 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

I know. It is a nifty device. The British NLAW also has special provisions for firing indoors. So, you are basically encouraging urban warfare, then your media will be howling about Russians indiscriminately firing at civilian buildings? Not a very sophisticated plot. There is a "forward blast" if you will, so they will see where it came from.

The tanks are no longer blind. Look up how the panoramic tank sights work. Climb onto the tank? The Ukrainian Volkstrum units made out of random civilians are no Vietcong. Take a few months to years for such talents to step forward. The modification that works is covering the entire tank with a very large canvas, sometimes soaked in gasoline and on fire. Then, they are blind. Has been used in various color revolutions starting with Prague Spring by "peaceful student protesters" Later gen tanks are unlikely disabled even by that due to NBC system that is overpressurized and does not need require external air intake for a while

How do you plan to drop Molotov cocktails into an engine compartment when it is closed? A tank that is not blind is deadly to pedestrians who try to close in to it. All it has to do is a spin. You do know that proper tracked vehicles turn on the spot. One of the tracks goes forward, another in reverse. My favorite feature.

Well as an old maintenance officer for that  type of equipment  I know there are light armor plate access panels on the back flat panel of tank for field access to the engine compartment for maintenance and repair of the engine and transmission and other auxiliaries. Trip the latch  or fire control door for firemen  and drop your bottle in.  T-72/80/90 fuel tanks are external to the tank hull and unarmored so they are an easy target as wll. The engine compartment is not protected by NBR  because that would cut off intake air for the engine  and you  don't want to asphyxiate the crew .  

You don't need urban warfare.  Clump of trees about 2km away is perfect. No flash to mark your location.  Hide in a barn and no one will know you are there. Kill the infantry and he tanks will be like ripe berries on he vine ready for picking.  Panoramic sights do not have 360 degree observation beyond 500 meters as the M1A1 crews learned in Iraq.  And how many machine guns do you have inside hull/turret of the tank.

Edited by nsdp
spelling

11 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

The guys in the other tanks will. They are hardly ever alone. You cannot stop an armored formation with Javelins, and you cannot go on counterattack.

This is merely a means to let some Russian blood and cause aggravation. I suggest those that end up in Russian hands, be sent to you and given to Black Life Matters and Mexican narco cartels. NLAWs (of which they've got a ton already) to North Ireland, to give to the Real IRA. So that you get a dose of your own medicine, otherwise you'll never learn.

Have you ever spend 10-15 hours inside of a tank or APC.  you don't have full visual coverage 360 degrees beyond about 500 meters.  The Javelin can hit you from 2km.  That is way beyond whet you can see from inside a tank and youu can't see through a tree or a fence post. You spend to much time playing war games on the internet where they doctor the environment to get more people to play.  

1 hour ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

I know. It is a nifty device. The British NLAW also has special provisions for firing indoors. So, you are basically encouraging urban warfare, then your media will be howling about Russians indiscriminately firing at civilian buildings? Not a very sophisticated plot. There is a "forward blast" if you will, so they will see where it came from.

The tanks are no longer blind. Look up how the panoramic tank sights work. Climb onto the tank? The Ukrainian Volkstrum units made out of random civilians are no Vietcong. Take a few months to years for such talents to step forward. The modification that works is covering the entire tank with a very large canvas, sometimes soaked in gasoline and on fire. Then, they are blind. Has been used in various color revolutions starting with Prague Spring by "peaceful student protesters" Later gen tanks are unlikely disabled even by that due to NBC system that is overpressurized and does not need require external air intake for a while

How do you plan to drop Molotov cocktails into an engine compartment when it is closed? A tank that is not blind is deadly to pedestrians who try to close in to it. All it has to do is a spin. You do know that proper tracked vehicles turn on the spot. One of the tracks goes forward, another in reverse. My favorite feature.

Through the maintenance access panels for the engine and transmission on the back deck of the tank. Also the fuel tanks are not inside the armored hull  and very vulnerable.   I know very well how panoramic  sights don't  work  You cant' see 360 degrees beyond 500 meters . Even with a 5 man crew  you can't cover the full circumference of your tank.   Panoramic sights don't see through trees or fences along the road or the bottom of ditches.   you believe too many factory brochures.  Let's have you spend 15 hours a day for a week inside of one of those iron beasts and see what you say.

21 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Yep sort of disagrees with Andrei's opinion "the rest of the world is with Russia, get your head from out your ass" 

I would suggest he removes his own head from his own ass.

There is a difference between what the governments express for political gain and actual sentiment of the common people. When I wrote this, 87 of UN member states signed under a resolution reprimanding Russia. Come a few days, and it is 141 states. Do you reckon something changed their minds for real?

2 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

There is a difference between what the governments express for political gain and actual sentiment of the common people. When I wrote this, 87 of UN member states signed under a resolution reprimanding Russia. Come a few days, and it is 141 states. Do you reckon something changed their minds for real?

yep its called an invasion!

(edited)

15 hours ago, notsonice said:
Putin must be pissed.....1000 troops a day lost..........30 tanks a day destroyed  .. at these rates ....he should cut his losses and surrender  

Losses of the Russian military in equipment and men during the war in Ukraine between February 24 and March 3, 2022

Troops* 9,000
Combat Armored Machines/APV 900
Automotive equipment 374
Tanks 217
Artillery systems 90
PMM tanks/fuel tanks 60
Grad systems 42
Helicopters 31
Aircraft 30
Anti-aircraft missle system BUK 11
Drones 3
Light speedboats 2

Cost of doing "business."

He full well knew there would be losses and doesn't give a shit. 

Only 9,000 dead... he has plenty more to spare.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Like 1

As An American..

I am against Arming Nazis in Ukraine..

Azov_Battalion_Nazis.jpeg

Nazis.jpg

Azov1.jpg

Azov2.jpg

Azov3.jpg

jEe7Wip.jpeg