Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MS

WTI Crude Oil Nears $100 as Russia Attacks Ukraine

(edited)

19 hours ago, Mark Sloan said:

Crude oil prices went sky high on Thursday morning after reports flooded in that Russia had invaded Ukraine. How high will they go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SDZj5QhGeU 

WTI

Oil pulled back down to $92 at close. 

Edited by bobo88

Kasparov:

https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/status/1496865471995523080?s=20&t=RFMtUZ_FheY-Uzvv9-coQw

Ok, after years of warnings were ignored and hearing "Garry, you were right!" all damn day today, I'll repeat what I said in 2014: Stop telling me I was right and listen to what I'm saying now. My recommendations follow: 1/5

-Support Ukraine militarily, immediately, everything but boots on the ground. All weapons, intel, cyber. -Bankrupt Putin's war machine. Freeze & seize Russia's finances & those of him and his gang. -Kick Russia out of every intl & financial institution. PACE, Interpol, etc 2/5

-Recall all ambassadors from Russia. There is no point in talking. The new unified message is "stop or be isolated completely". -Ban all elements of Putin's global propaganda machine. Turn them off, shut them down, send them home. Stop helping the dictator spread lies & hate. 3/5

-Expose and act against Putin's lackeys in the free world. If Schröder and his ilk continue to work for Putin, bring charges. Ask the owners & advertisers of networks platforming Putin propagandists like Carlson why they allow it. 4/5

-Replace Russian oil & gas. Pressure OPEC, increase production, reopen Keystone. You can't save the planet if you don't save the people on it. -Acknowledge there will be costs, sacrifices. We waited to long, the price is high, but it will only get higher. It's time to fight. 5/5

Cannot ignore the political 5th column of Putinists, from the far right & left in EU to the tankies & Trump & his GOP followers in the US. They may have the right to support a brutal dictator's war in order to criticize Biden, but it's disgusting and anti-American. Do not forget.

15 hours ago, surrept33 said:

Kasparov:

https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/status/1496865471995523080?s=20&t=RFMtUZ_FheY-Uzvv9-coQw

Ok, after years of warnings were ignored and hearing "Garry, you were right!" all damn day today, I'll repeat what I said in 2014: Stop telling me I was right and listen to what I'm saying now. My recommendations follow: 1/5

-Support Ukraine militarily, immediately, everything but boots on the ground. All weapons, intel, cyber. -Bankrupt Putin's war machine. Freeze & seize Russia's finances & those of him and his gang. -Kick Russia out of every intl & financial institution. PACE, Interpol, etc 2/5

-Recall all ambassadors from Russia. There is no point in talking. The new unified message is "stop or be isolated completely". -Ban all elements of Putin's global propaganda machine. Turn them off, shut them down, send them home. Stop helping the dictator spread lies & hate. 3/5

-Expose and act against Putin's lackeys in the free world. If Schröder and his ilk continue to work for Putin, bring charges. Ask the owners & advertisers of networks platforming Putin propagandists like Carlson why they allow it. 4/5

-Replace Russian oil & gas. Pressure OPEC, increase production, reopen Keystone. You can't save the planet if you don't save the people on it. -Acknowledge there will be costs, sacrifices. We waited to long, the price is high, but it will only get higher. It's time to fight. 5/5

Cannot ignore the political 5th column of Putinists, from the far right & left in EU to the tankies & Trump & his GOP followers in the US. They may have the right to support a brutal dictator's war in order to criticize Biden, but it's disgusting and anti-American. Do not forget.

You're dreaming.

Also, you can't just reopen Keystone . It was never built.

Many talking heads on TV  made the same mistake.  One former U.S. National Security Advisor thought the Nordstream 2 is going to transport oil, not natural gas.  They now all think they are experts on Ukraine.  I don't know very much about Ukraine. I admit it.

I do believe we wouldn't be here if not for Biden as president. I do think thousands will be killed for what is a losing cause.  Game is already over. 

Giving out rifles to 10,000 untrained Kyiv residents is basically giving them the death sentence. Just my opinion.