BL

Putin wants Ukraine Natural Gas ? Water restarted to CRIMEA ?

(edited)

A video that gives a  thesis reasoning Putin's recent aggression posted previously credit surrept33.

NATURAL GAS VIDEO

https://youtu.be/If61baWF4GE?t=752 

. .  .  and how about the wwater

REUTERS

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-says-ukraine-blocking-water-supply-crimea-european-lawsuit-2021-07-22/

CRIMEA WATER VIDEOS

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqq8clIceys

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nBL69GSnMgw

Hunters Barisma contract 2014 thru 2016

Edited by bobo88
  • Like 2

(edited)

Why is politics always involved when it comes to energy (ie. NATURAL GAS ,OIL). 

Because energy is critical to a nations economy and security.  Always has, always will. 

For example when Libya's Khadafi started negotiating with with Russia and China for the stage of oil contracts dropping current oil companies from France and Britain Hillary rallied the UN Security council to intervene (Even though UN charter prohibits getting involved in domestic disputes which Libya was involved) under a false narrative of genocide in Libya.  Putin isn't the only one to formulate a false pretext to start a war.

NATO agreed and prepared for military action (even though a domestic fight in Libya has nothing to do with NATO except French and British Oil Companies were about to lose Libyan oil production rights).  France sent jets to attack Libya before the UN Security had voted. Now France wants to attack Libya under the NATO banner, when under Ragan France wouldn't let U.S. jets to fly over their country after Libya downed a PanAm commercial jet.  In an interview afterwards Hillary stated " We came, we found him, we killed him" and then let out her famous cackle.

Ukraine is no different.  The Ukraine Natural Gas Potential was understood by 2010 to 2012.  Then the Ukraine corruption, Kyiv protests and VP Biden involvement commence.  The February 2014 revolution started when the Ukaine government decided against joining the EU instead aligning with Russia. But then the focus turned to Ukraine corruption tied to U.S. and IMF (also U.S.) aid prodded by U.S. assigned lead at the time VP Joe Biden. Reveloution Feb 2014 .  .  .  .  Hunter had a contract with Barisma three months later in  May 2014. 

Below is one person's timeline .  It leans to the left but is fairly comprehensive. 

Timeline: Ukraine, Biden, Barisma and Kolomoyskyi

https://michaelruark.blog/2019/10/06/timeline-trump-giuliani-biden-and-ukraine/

Bottom line Russia needs to be stopped if possible .  Leaders such as  Vladimir Putin and Justin Trudeau need to be condemned by the U.S. and EU for calling their political opponents Nazi's.

Edited by bobo88

The Water to Crimea is overstated. They lived for 8 years now.

The only big change is thar Crimea stopped Rice production. But Russia produces far enough.

(edited)

8 hours ago, Starschy said:

The only big change is thar Crimea stopped Rice production. But Russia produces far enough.

Soybeans also.

At one time the CRIMEA had 400k hectares of farmland.  It's now down to between 20 to 30.

CRIMEA population has doubled since Russian annexation in 2014.

Water supply through dammed canal is of critical importance

Edited by bobo88
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

5 hours ago, bobo88 said:

Because energy is critical to a nations economy and security.  Always has, always will. 

For example when Libya's Khadafi started negotiating with with Russia and China for the stage of oil contracts dropping current oil companies from France and Britain Hillary rallied the UN Security council to intervene (Even though UN charter prohibits getting involved in domestic disputes which Libya was involved) under a false narrative of genocide in Libya.  Putin isn't the only one to formulate a false pretext to start a war.

NATO agreed and prepared for military action (even though a domestic fight in Libya has nothing to do with NATO except French and British Oil Companies were about to lose Libyan oil production rights).  France sent jets to attack Libya before the UN Security had voted. Now France wants to attack Libya under the NATO banner, when under Ragan France wouldn't let U.S. jets to fly over their country after Libya downed a PanAm commercial jet.  In an interview afterwards Hillary stated " We came, we found him, we killed him" and then let out her famous cackle.

Ukraine is no different.  The Ukraine Natural Gas Potential was understood by 2010 to 2012.  Then the Ukraine corruption, Kyiv protests and VP Biden involvement commence.  The February 2014 revolution started when the Ukaine government decided against joining the EU instead aligning with Russia. But then the focus turned to Ukraine corruption tied to U.S. and IMF (also U.S.) aid prodded by U.S. assigned lead at the time VP Joe Biden. Reveloution Feb 2014 .  .  .  .  Hunter had a contract with Barisma three months later in  May 2014. 

Below is one person's timeline .  It leans to the left but is fairly comprehensive. 

Bottom line Russia needs to be stopped if possible .  Leaders such as  Vladimir Putin and Justin Trudeau need to be condemned by the U.S. and EU for calling their political opponents Nazi's.

As I watch the events unfold in the Ukraine it appears the public does not like the Russia military and is willing to die fighting it. I don’t think the Ukraine gives a shyt what Americans think or do unless it involves help in their struggle. As we speak the world is turning against this aggression. Even many of Putins own people are protesting. The next result? Many other nations joining NATO in a move that will eventually ostracizes countries like Russia, Iran, N Korea, Syria etc. Now look, I don’t think Hunter Biden caused any of that. He was just playing mini Dick Cheney. We all know Dick had a role big role in two wars. Biden? Tiny player not worth a footnote?

Edited by Boat
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Starschy said:

Yea, they were cutting off the water 8 years ago. You could say the Crimea has grown better without water.

5 hours ago, bobo88 said:

I suspect the Ukraine will develop its nat gas and be more secure once the Russian army gives up. The world will love to help. Everybody loves nat gas. And, now, thanks to Putin, they would rather get it from the Ukraine and other places. 

• Great Response! 1

12 hours ago, bobo88 said:

A video that gives a  thesis reasoning Putin's recent aggression posted previously credit surrept33.

NATURAL GAS VIDEO

https://youtu.be/If61baWF4GE?t=752 

. .  .  and how about the wwater

REUTERS

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-says-ukraine-blocking-water-supply-crimea-european-lawsuit-2021-07-22/

CRIMEA WATER VIDEOS

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nBL69GSnMgw

Hunters Barisma contract 2014 thru 2016

Putin wants Nat gas....No Putin wants to recreate the USSR......Putin could care less about nat gas ...Only an idiot can not see this.

Thank God the people of Ukraine are standing up to him.......Only cowards will not defend their own country. Ukraine is not part of Russia. I hope the people of Ukraine hunt down each and every Russian that crossed into Ukraine and treat them as Terrorists. And to those that give aid and comfort to Putin they should be also treated the same.

Long live a free Ukraine, we all should support a Free Ukraine forever

• Great Response! 1

Zelensky negotiate a deal. Give Putin something to save face.  

Europe will not stop buying his oil and gas. 

Stopping 80% of the Russian banks does not stop him from doing international business.  The Nordstrom 2 will run when Germany needs it. 

China will help Russia.

You can save Thousands of lives. .

12 minutes ago, bobo88 said:

Stopping 80% of the Russian banks does not stop him from doing international business.  The Nordstrom 2 will run when Germany needs it. 

China will help Russia.

The Nordstrom  2 will run when Germany needs it. ??? Nordstrom is a store. Nordstream 2 was never needed....just a pipe to divert nat gas around Ukraine...It is dead forever. China is not taking sides ...... Guess they figured out Putin is nuts. China is not doing Russia any favors today. Putin is making China look good. Anything compared to Putin looks good. 

Noone will help out Putin. 

102 Russian tanks destroyed in 72 hours.....Wow . Javelins are cheap US will deliver nonstop the weapons to destroy Putin. If Ukraine keeps up the kill rate on Russian tanks and armor, Putin will have to withdrawal with a white flag. Negotiations? ha ha ha Putin will have to pay the Ukraine billions to repair the damage.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, bobo88 said:

China will help Russia.

I'm guessing Putin will be heavily motivated to stop this war and negotiate with the Urankians. Hopefully there will be peace.

Here is a translation of a interview of noted economist Sergey Guriev who sat on the board of Sberbank for years:

“The war costs the Russians dearly. And it will cost even more.” What will happen to the ruble? And what about the Russian economy as a whole? Answered by Sergey Guriev

https://meduza.io/feature/2022/02/28/voyna-stoit-rossiyanam-dorogo-i-budet-stoit-esche-dorozhe

— The EU, the US and Canada announced the freezing of the reserves of the Central Bank. It seems that this scared everyone more than the disconnection from SWIFT. How hard will it hit us?

- This is very important news, absolutely unexpected, no one knew that this was possible. The presence of reserves has been one of the key pillars of macroeconomic stability - what will happen tomorrow in the foreign exchange market is difficult to predict. Just because it never happened.

We are entering a situation in which it is difficult to predict how the ruble will behave. Maybe tomorrow there will be no auction. Maybe there will be panic. But this is a huge blow to the ruble. This can be said with absolute certainty.

- Does it depend on the country in which the Central Bank reserves are actually stored now?

— Yes, it does. Now some say: it's okay, the Central Bank still has gold and yuan, they can definitely be sold. It's also a non-obvious moment. Because American sanctions are a very serious mechanism, and Chinese banks will not necessarily want to help the Russian Central Bank, because America can impose serious punishment on them for this. It's happened before, it's not a theory. For example, with the French bank BNP Paribas, which violated US sanctions and was forced to pay a multi-billion dollar fine. I can't imagine that Chinese banks would be willing to help Russia at that cost.

The situation is completely unclear. Will it be possible to sell gold tens, as [Mikhail] Bulgakov would say? It is not entirely clear who would want to buy this gold [from the Central Bank's reserves] at the risk of falling under US sanctions. America may prohibit Chinese banks from buying Russian gold and exchanging the yuan that the Central Bank has for dollars. And the Russian Central Bank, of course, needs dollars and euros, because most of the imports of the Russian economy are still Europe. To buy pills, technology, food, you need dollars, not yuan.

Whether Chinese banks can help Russia cope with the shortage of dollars or euros is completely unclear. I wouldn't bet on it. I think that, most likely, Chinese banks will say: “Sorry, we are great friends and we think that you are great fellows, but because of American sanctions we will not be able to cooperate with you.”

Is a scenario realistic in which Russians will begin to withdraw dollar savings?

Yes, absolutely real. This is how they will be removed. You will be told: "You have dollars, but you do not have the right to withdraw them, you can convert them into rubles at the rate set by the state." Such a scenario is quite possible.

The scenario when import will be sharply reduced is real. It turns out that Russian citizens do not have enough dollars, or the dollar is very expensive, and Russians cannot afford to buy medicines, because they cannot afford them. 

— Are there any examples of such sanctions working?

- It works, of course. I will give you an example of Iran. Iran wanted to build its own nuclear bomb, sanctions were imposed, Iran went to negotiations and made a deal  - negotiations. And until the arrival of Donald Trump, this deal was supported.

Most likely, such harsh sanctions will lead to the fact that Vladimir Putin will have to start negotiations on the withdrawal of troops from Ukraine. And the discontent of the citizens will push him to this. I would not put my money on the fact that tomorrow grateful citizens will come out with posters: “Thank you, Vladimir Vladimirovich, for the ruble is much cheaper than last week. We support the war against the brotherly people." There will be no such rallies tomorrow. Sooner or later he will have to negotiate. 

- If Putin goes to negotiations and withdraws troops, what will happen to the Russian economy?

- The main question is which sanctions will be lifted. But I can't tell you anything good. Because the very precedent that happened suggests that something is possible in Russia that was not expected before. In this sense, I am not sure that all sanctions will be lifted, and most importantly, I am not sure that there will be a sharp influx of investments, because Western investors will think: “I am now investing in Russia, and then Vladimir Putin will come up with something new, and I will lose everything. 

- Are there options for tightening existing sanctions?

— I can tell you a lot of things, but I won’t, so that it doesn’t seem that I am suggesting some ideas to people who are imposing sanctions against Russia. I can say one thing: an embargo on the export of Russian oil may be introduced. If you had asked me two days ago, I would have said: this is impossible. Now we see that everything is possible. 

- When can this happen and what will replace it?

“It will be replaced by the expansion of shale oil production in America. Vladimir Putin will try to sell Russian oil to China and simply get a lower price for it. But I don't think it will be needed. I think that there are already so many sanctions today that Vladimir Putin has many incentives to negotiate. Although I wouldn't predict anything. 

- Another serious sanction is a ban on the export of high technologies to Russia. What will it lead to?

- Russia will not have prospects for technological development. Everything Russia wants to do in the technology field depends on cooperation with other countries. Russia is not alone in this. China also cannot do anything on its own. And America. iPhones are not made only in America. There is a simple fact: the most advanced microchips are made in Taiwan. Taiwan has joined the sanctions. This means that the development of technology in Russia will stop.

- What did Putin count on when starting the war, knowing that we are so dependent on other countries?

- It is difficult to judge, but I probably thought that the West would not dare to impose such serious sanctions. Secondly, he believed that the war would be over very quickly, and everyone would be confronted with this fact. Why impose sanctions if everything is already over? But it happened differently. Western leaders felt cheated, Western society - which is very important - saw that 1939 had come again, they know that 1940, 1941, 1945 are coming after 1939, and no one wants a new European war. And Western society demanded drastic measures from their governments. 

Is the West risking something by imposing such sanctions? Russia can stop gas supplies?

- The West is ready for this, it is discussing it quite seriously. The West knows that it depends on gas less than Russia depends on gas supplies. 

That is why today Vladimir Putin did not say that he would stop gas supplies and the Europeans would burn wood. He  said : we have nuclear weapons. This is what everyone is afraid of. That is why Western soldiers will not fight on Ukrainian soil. However, we must remember the statement of the French Foreign Minister [Jean-Yves] Le Drian, who said: "Do not forget that NATO is also a nuclear alliance." But the price of life in the West is very high, no one wants a nuclear war. Everyone hopes that economic measures will be enough. 

Do you think they will be enough?

- I think yes. I gave you the example of Iran. Of course, it is quite possible that Vladimir Putin will continue the war. But there is another important factor - the Ukrainian people continue to resist. Without his heroic defense of his country, economic sanctions would not have been enough.

• Great Response! 1

Putin should exit the Ukraine as fast as he can. When the ruble hits 200 to the dollar in a week, Putin will be lucky to have 20 percent of the Russian population supporting him. The West is just warming up in an effort to destroy the Russian economy. Nordstream 2 being blocked is the least of Putins worries

2h ago00:24

Rouble crashes 30% as market opens

The rouble plunged nearly 30% to an all-time low versus the US dollar on Monday as markets opened for trading on the first day after western nations announced punishing economic sanctions on Russia for its invasion of Ukraine.

The rouble dropped to as low as 119 per dollar, and was last down 28.77% at 118 from its closing price 83.64 on Friday.

• Upvote 1

Is the Moex open.....did hackers do it under .....

This site can’t be reached

www.moex.com took too long to respond.

Expect a 30 percent plunge today in the Moex at a minimum

9 hours ago, surrept33 said:

I'm guessing Putin will be heavily motivated to stop this war and negotiate with the Urankians. Hopefully there will be peace.

Here is a translation of a interview of noted economist Sergey Guriev who sat on the board of Sberbank for years:

“The war costs the Russians dearly. And it will cost even more.” What will happen to the ruble? And what about the Russian economy as a whole? Answered by Sergey Guriev

https://meduza.io/feature/2022/02/28/voyna-stoit-rossiyanam-dorogo-i-budet-stoit-esche-dorozhe

— The EU, the US and Canada announced the freezing of the reserves of the Central Bank. It seems that this scared everyone more than the disconnection from SWIFT. How hard will it hit us?

- This is very important news, absolutely unexpected, no one knew that this was possible. The presence of reserves has been one of the key pillars of macroeconomic stability - what will happen tomorrow in the foreign exchange market is difficult to predict. Just because it never happened.

We are entering a situation in which it is difficult to predict how the ruble will behave. Maybe tomorrow there will be no auction. Maybe there will be panic. But this is a huge blow to the ruble. This can be said with absolute certainty.

- Does it depend on the country in which the Central Bank reserves are actually stored now?

— Yes, it does. Now some say: it's okay, the Central Bank still has gold and yuan, they can definitely be sold. It's also a non-obvious moment. Because American sanctions are a very serious mechanism, and Chinese banks will not necessarily want to help the Russian Central Bank, because America can impose serious punishment on them for this. It's happened before, it's not a theory. For example, with the French bank BNP Paribas, which violated US sanctions and was forced to pay a multi-billion dollar fine. I can't imagine that Chinese banks would be willing to help Russia at that cost.

The situation is completely unclear. Will it be possible to sell gold tens, as [Mikhail] Bulgakov would say? It is not entirely clear who would want to buy this gold [from the Central Bank's reserves] at the risk of falling under US sanctions. America may prohibit Chinese banks from buying Russian gold and exchanging the yuan that the Central Bank has for dollars. And the Russian Central Bank, of course, needs dollars and euros, because most of the imports of the Russian economy are still Europe. To buy pills, technology, food, you need dollars, not yuan.

Whether Chinese banks can help Russia cope with the shortage of dollars or euros is completely unclear. I wouldn't bet on it. I think that, most likely, Chinese banks will say: “Sorry, we are great friends and we think that you are great fellows, but because of American sanctions we will not be able to cooperate with you.”

Is a scenario realistic in which Russians will begin to withdraw dollar savings?

Yes, absolutely real. This is how they will be removed. You will be told: "You have dollars, but you do not have the right to withdraw them, you can convert them into rubles at the rate set by the state." Such a scenario is quite possible.

The scenario when import will be sharply reduced is real. It turns out that Russian citizens do not have enough dollars, or the dollar is very expensive, and Russians cannot afford to buy medicines, because they cannot afford them. 

— Are there any examples of such sanctions working?

- It works, of course. I will give you an example of Iran. Iran wanted to build its own nuclear bomb, sanctions were imposed, Iran went to negotiations and made a deal  - negotiations. And until the arrival of Donald Trump, this deal was supported.

Most likely, such harsh sanctions will lead to the fact that Vladimir Putin will have to start negotiations on the withdrawal of troops from Ukraine. And the discontent of the citizens will push him to this. I would not put my money on the fact that tomorrow grateful citizens will come out with posters: “Thank you, Vladimir Vladimirovich, for the ruble is much cheaper than last week. We support the war against the brotherly people." There will be no such rallies tomorrow. Sooner or later he will have to negotiate. 

- If Putin goes to negotiations and withdraws troops, what will happen to the Russian economy?

- The main question is which sanctions will be lifted. But I can't tell you anything good. Because the very precedent that happened suggests that something is possible in Russia that was not expected before. In this sense, I am not sure that all sanctions will be lifted, and most importantly, I am not sure that there will be a sharp influx of investments, because Western investors will think: “I am now investing in Russia, and then Vladimir Putin will come up with something new, and I will lose everything. 

- Are there options for tightening existing sanctions?

— I can tell you a lot of things, but I won’t, so that it doesn’t seem that I am suggesting some ideas to people who are imposing sanctions against Russia. I can say one thing: an embargo on the export of Russian oil may be introduced. If you had asked me two days ago, I would have said: this is impossible. Now we see that everything is possible. 

- When can this happen and what will replace it?

“It will be replaced by the expansion of shale oil production in America. Vladimir Putin will try to sell Russian oil to China and simply get a lower price for it. But I don't think it will be needed. I think that there are already so many sanctions today that Vladimir Putin has many incentives to negotiate. Although I wouldn't predict anything. 

- Another serious sanction is a ban on the export of high technologies to Russia. What will it lead to?

- Russia will not have prospects for technological development. Everything Russia wants to do in the technology field depends on cooperation with other countries. Russia is not alone in this. China also cannot do anything on its own. And America. iPhones are not made only in America. There is a simple fact: the most advanced microchips are made in Taiwan. Taiwan has joined the sanctions. This means that the development of technology in Russia will stop.

- What did Putin count on when starting the war, knowing that we are so dependent on other countries?

- It is difficult to judge, but I probably thought that the West would not dare to impose such serious sanctions. Secondly, he believed that the war would be over very quickly, and everyone would be confronted with this fact. Why impose sanctions if everything is already over? But it happened differently. Western leaders felt cheated, Western society - which is very important - saw that 1939 had come again, they know that 1940, 1941, 1945 are coming after 1939, and no one wants a new European war. And Western society demanded drastic measures from their governments. 

Is the West risking something by imposing such sanctions? Russia can stop gas supplies?

- The West is ready for this, it is discussing it quite seriously. The West knows that it depends on gas less than Russia depends on gas supplies. 

That is why today Vladimir Putin did not say that he would stop gas supplies and the Europeans would burn wood. He  said : we have nuclear weapons. This is what everyone is afraid of. That is why Western soldiers will not fight on Ukrainian soil. However, we must remember the statement of the French Foreign Minister [Jean-Yves] Le Drian, who said: "Do not forget that NATO is also a nuclear alliance." But the price of life in the West is very high, no one wants a nuclear war. Everyone hopes that economic measures will be enough. 

Do you think they will be enough?

- I think yes. I gave you the example of Iran. Of course, it is quite possible that Vladimir Putin will continue the war. But there is another important factor - the Ukrainian people continue to resist. Without his heroic defense of his country, economic sanctions would not have been enough.

Guriev is no longer credible. Used to be Putin's advisor, who got kicked out. Now is his prognosis always negative.

(edited)

9 hours ago, notsonice said:

Is the Moex open.....did hackers do it under .....

This site can’t be reached

www.moex.com took too long to respond.

Expect a 30 percent plunge today in the Moex at a minimum

What do you need Moex for? Rts is the dollar one. Whatever hackers break on a website, is hardly permanent. Software can be reinstalled.

Edited by Andrei Moutchkine

(edited)

40 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

What do you need Moex for? Rts is the dollar one. Whatever hackers break on a website, is hardly permanent. Software can be reinstalled.

you seem upset, unable to trade your stocks in Russian companies?.....Unable to get any money out of your Russian bank account?.......Unable to fly out of Russia.... except to the sunny vacation spots in North Korea.....

How is life in Russia today.....better than last week??? I am sure the average Russians has figured out the Great Putin has screwed all Russians with his invasion of Ukraine....... 

Software can be reinstalled .......and it can be taken down just as fast as it is reinstalled....Did you not learn anything .....so sad for you....

No twitter today in Russia as Putin does not want anyone in Russia finding out how badly his invasion is going....

How many dead Russians in Ukraine in the past 4 days 5000???? 100 tanks destroyed and more to come...

Good old US will make sure that Ukraine has all the Javelins it needs...oh and stingers......please fly over the Ukraine today...you will love one of those bad boys creeping up your ass.

Russia is spiraling down today ...How far and how fast will Putin take it down is the only question. 

Later loser, you have a nice day... well if you could as Putin has made life miserable for all Russians

Edited by notsonice
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, notsonice said:

you seem upset, unable to trade your stocks in Russian companies?.....Unable to get any money out of your Russian bank account?.......Unable to fly out of Russia.... except to the sunny vacation spots in North Korea.....

How is life in Russia today.....better than last week??? I am sure the average Russians has figured out the Great Putin has screwed all Russians with his invasion of Ukraine....... 

Software can be reinstalled .......and it can be taken down just as fast as it is reinstalled....Did you not learn anything .....so sad for you....

No twitter today in Russia as Putin does not want anyone in Russia finding out how badly his invasion is going....

How many dead Russians in Ukraine in the past 4 days 5000???? 100 tanks destroyed and more to come...

Good old US will make sure that Ukraine has all the Javelins it needs...oh and stingers......please fly over the Ukraine today...you will love one of those bad boys creeping up your ass.

Russia is spiraling down today ...How far and how fast will Putin take it down is the only question. 

Later loser, you have a nice day... well if you could as Putin has made life miserable for all Russians

Too early to celebrate, little girl. Have some patience.

I am not in Russia myself, but things have been fine over there, thanks. There are flights to/from Russia over Turkey and Arab states. No worse than the routes Eurofags have to take now.

Haven't seen many Javelins yet, but a ton of British NLAWs have been confiscated from local terrorists by LDNR. Next is testing them on the British own hides, I am sure. Don't need that many for reverse-engineering work anyway. Don't say you haven't been warned.

FMng3KoXoAA9Dpn?format=jpg&name=small

Do send more of the expensive Javelins, please. Most of them are destined to be our guys' trophies. I think the Stingers one of the Latverias sent was past its expiration date by like 18 years? You have to do better than this.

There are very few casualties Russia takes in Ukraine, sorry to disappoint. Russian people are smart enough to know who's screwing with them, and it ain't Putin. You will pay for everything in due time, don't you worry.

Russian exchange is still closed, but it looks like all of your investors forfeited their Russian assets, anyway. You will get it back only if the Russian Central Bank will get theirs.

• Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

10-year U.S. Treasury yield is little changed with focus on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine

Published Fri, Feb 25 20224:36 AM ESTUpdated 3 Hours Ago

The 10-year U.S. Treasury yield was little changed Friday, as investors monitored the latest developments around the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note was marginally lower at 1.965% by around 4:10 p.m. ET. The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond was down 1.5 basis points at 2.277%. Yields move inversely to prices and 1 basis point is equal to 0.01%.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 12:22 PM, notsonice said:

Putin wants Nat gas....No Putin wants to recreate the USSR......Putin could care less about nat gas ...Only an idiot can not see this.

Thank God the people of Ukraine are standing up to him.......Only cowards will not defend their own country. Ukraine is not part of Russia. I hope the people of Ukraine hunt down each and every Russian that crossed into Ukraine and treat them as Terrorists. And to those that give aid and comfort to Putin they should be also treated the same.

Long live a free Ukraine, we all should support a Free Ukraine forever

Crimea seemed like such a small prize for the political capital spent. After the nat gas video you can see how that conflict and future conflicts get paid for. ………nat gas. The amount of nat gas in the Ukraine and Crimea is nation building amounts. And the prices should be robust for as long as demand is growing. That demand goes on for decades it appears. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/28/2022 at 2:36 AM, surrept33 said:

We are entering a situation in which it is difficult to predict how the ruble will behave. Maybe tomorrow there will be no auction. Maybe there will be panic. But this is a huge blow to the ruble

Don't forget who you are dealing with.

(edited)

14 hours ago, Boat said:

Crimea seemed like such a small prize for the political capital spent. After the nat gas video you can see how that conflict and future conflicts get paid for. ………nat gas. The amount of nat gas in the Ukraine and Crimea is nation building amounts. And the prices should be robust for as long as demand is growing. That demand goes on for decades it appears. 

Crimea is huge for Russia.

The naval deep water port is Priceless . It is essential to Russian security.

Edited by bobo88

Acquiring a deep water port at the point of a gun only works if those more powerful than you give the ok. I would say world opinion would be happy let the Ukraine have the Crimea back. I do think the underlying excuse for Russian aggression is nat gas and not a reunited USSR. As this war unfolds we’ll see the what happens. There is an old saying…..easy come, easy go. 

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, bobo88 said:

Don't forget who you are dealing with.

So your saying Hillary is pulling the strings and getting some payback? Lol

It’s funny to see the media get mean and question Putins mental capabilities. What is really happening is the switch to trade and sanctions being used as weapons instead of ground troops. That was the black president that used that tactic with Iran cutting their shipping of oil by about 2/3. Trump tried to little with China but that failed and was ignored. But that’s our future. Biden with Europe, Canada, Japan etc all sanctioned, Swift, whatever, sent weapons etc. It’s the group effort that has the larger impact, not the go it alone Trump stuff. 
China will not do swift, they will abstain and not condemn Russia. That should draw sanctions. South China Sea threats should draw sanctions by the world. Taiwan, Hong Cong and human rights……..’.you get the drift of the trend. Make the idiots pay. 

35 minutes ago, Boat said:

Acquiring a deep water port at the point of a gun only works if those more powerful than you give the ok. I would say world opinion would be happy let the Ukraine have the Crimea back. I do think the underlying excuse for Russian aggression is nat gas and not a reunited USSR. As this war unfolds we’ll see the what happens. There is an old saying…..easy come, easy go. 

Ukraine is not going to get Crimea back as long a Russia exist as a Nation.

• Upvote 1