TN

"Russia will stop 'in a moment' if Ukraine meets terms - Kremlin" by Reuters via Yahoo News...but Reuters suddenly cut out the balanced part of the story.

On 3/22/2022 at 2:50 AM, Ron Wagner said:

They seceded from their country with the help of Russia, they were traitors and did not deserve to be funded by Ukraine. I am sure that many there would have preferred to be left in Ukraine but Putin decided for them.

I really have no proof of anything you claimed, Maybe you could try to provide some? I doubt it would hold any water. Everything coming out of Putin and his crew are lies. 

well, well. So, in your eyes, a traitor is anyone who wishes to secede from tyranny.

Long ago, a small group of dissidents left their home country to sail across an ocean to invade, decimate the indigenous population, and establish colonies.  Later, those colonies, separated from their King by an ocean, decided to write a Declaration of Independence as the 1st step to secede from that King. This was followed by a War of Independence. Having wealth in the form of raw resources, but no means to produce weapons, those colonists requested the help of another King, who happened to be the enemy of their King and spoke French. With that help, the former colonies won their independence.

So by your own definition, you and your ancestors are traitors and undeserving.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Not at all comparable, you propagandists will say anything to try to justify your evil deeds. 

On 3/20/2022 at 9:59 PM, frankfurter said:

"Those that defend their homeland from the aggression will be forgiven. Just like defending your own home. They are no better than Hitlers army that killed millions of Russians."

So, I have no right to defend my home? And, if I do, I am the next Hitler in your eyes?

uh, the people of the Donbass were shelled for 8 years by the people of the Ukraine. In the Donbass, civil rights were removed; no right to vote, to language, to schools, etc. So by defending themselves against military aggression, in your eyes they are all Hitler disciples?

The Russians attacked Ukraine. They gained some land including Crimea, all due to the Russian diaspora. It was an aggressive war. They were not satisfied with keeping their winnings so now they are in total war with Ukraine. It has turned the free world against them so their destruction of Ukraine will gain them nothing but scorn. They have lost many more soldiers and far more equipment then Ukraine. We will see how it goes from here. Russia has not been reduced to this low of a status in its entire history that I know of. Belarus would overthrow their dictator if it were not for Russia backing up their dictator.  

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1583268/Belarus-Russia-Vladimir-Putin-Ukraine-Mariupol-siege-war-invasion-latest-news-vn

Putin hit with betrayal as Belarusian troops turn on Russia and vow to fight for Ukraine

A BATTALION of Belarusian troops has vowed to help Ukrainian forces free the people of Mariupol from the brutal Russian siege, in a sign that even Vladimir Putin's closest allies are turning on him.

By OLI SMITH
00:01, Sun, Mar 20, 2022 | UPDATED: 14:15, Sun, Mar 20, 2022

• Upvote 1

Interview with Andrei Soldatov, top-notch Russian investigative journalist and FSB expert, in the New Yorker today:

https://web.archive.org/web/20220322182601/https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/the-purges-in-putins-shrinking-inner-circle

Some important excerpts below, although I really really recommend reading the article in full:

Soldatov's opinion on what's happening at the Kremlin:

"It looks like Putin is getting really unhappy with the operation, but it looks like he still believes that the original plan was fine but that there were some problems with some elements. And that is why his attack on the foreign-intelligence branch of the F.S.B. is not just about bad intelligence but also about something else. . . . it looks like now Putin is getting angry, not only with bad intelligence and the bad performance in Ukraine but also about the sourcing of the U.S. intelligence about the invasion, and why U.S. intelligence was so good before the invasion, and why the Americans knew so many things about what was coming."

On if the oligarchs and siloviki could topple Putin:

"Things changed, especially after Western sanctions were introduced in 2014, and mostly because of money. . . . And maybe back then [the oligarchs] could say something to Putin. This option was there.

Now it’s completely changed because of the sanctions. What happened is that Russian oligarchs, many of them, lost their contracts in the West, and Putin was really smart about offering them financial help by providing military contracts. . . . And that made many of the oligarchs much more dependent on the state funding.

[The military interferes] with the way history is taught. So, all of a sudden, the military became really ambitious, and I would say that now it’s not about oligarchs and siloviki, the current and former security-services people. Now you have the military and the military-industrial complex, and oligarchs are dependent on the military-industrial complex.

On whether the military could topple Putin:

[We] are in some uncharted territory. On one hand, Shoigu, the Minister of Defense, is a very shrewd politician. He’s been around for thirty years . . . while we have had so many changes, so many political crises for thirty years, Shoigu always survived. But his thing was always to show his complete loyalty to Putin. It might be a game, but Putin believes him and trusts him and believes that Shoigu is absolutely loyal to him.

On the propaganda machine in Russia concerning the Ukrainian war:

The big propaganda win for Putin is that he and his media are still capable of convincing people that the fighting takes place only in Lugansk and Donetsk. . . . There are some cracks, but it’s not about more sympathy toward Ukrainians. It’s more killed soldiers, because it looks like the casualties are really big in the Russian military. . . . But, unfortunately, I don’t see any sympathy for Ukraine, which is a very hard thing to say.

His feelings about the future, a possible regime change, and Putinism:

We are always trying to make these comparisons with the late nineteen-eighties, before the collapse of the Soviet Union . . . So maybe is it possible to repeat the same thing? I was fifteen years old, but still I remember that back then there was this cheerful mood that people were good, and it was just the system that was bad. So back then maybe I was naïve, maybe my parents were naïve and my friends were naïve, but we had this idea that it was only because of the Communist Party and the K.G.B., and if you could get rid of them everything was going to be fine. People are good. Even the people, say, in the military and in the security services. They were just pressured to be bad and to serve the system.

These days, unfortunately, we don’t have this excuse. We do have lots of people who support the war, unfortunately. Yes, I understand that it’s about propaganda, and it’s about fear, and people are really fearful. They understand what is at stake, and these select repressions were quite successful at freezing society. But, nonetheless, there’s so many people who support the war, and, to be honest, I just don’t know the answer. I don’t know how to get them back as humans. . . . You have ordinary people, and people in the security services, and people in the military, and they are supportive of this war. And I don’t quite understand how we can humanize them back. I just don’t see a way. . . . The war is a function of Putinism because it’s so aggressive. Putin is famous for having no sympathy, actually. . . [and] I think that’s what we have here with Ukraine. It’s just a manifestation of his complete lack of sympathy for other people.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

The Russians attacked Ukraine. They gained some land including Crimea, all due to the Russian diaspora. It was an aggressive war. They were not satisfied with keeping their winnings so now they are in total war with Ukraine. It has turned the free world against them so their destruction of Ukraine will gain them nothing but scorn. They have lost many more soldiers and far more equipment then Ukraine. We will see how it goes from here. Russia has not been reduced to this low of a status in its entire history that I know of. Belarus would overthrow their dictator if it were not for Russia backing up their dictator.  

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1583268/Belarus-Russia-Vladimir-Putin-Ukraine-Mariupol-siege-war-invasion-latest-news-vn

Putin hit with betrayal as Belarusian troops turn on Russia and vow to fight for Ukraine

A BATTALION of Belarusian troops has vowed to help Ukrainian forces free the people of Mariupol from the brutal Russian siege, in a sign that even Vladimir Putin's closest allies are turning on him.

By OLI SMITH
00:01, Sun, Mar 20, 2022 | UPDATED: 14:15, Sun, Mar 20, 2022

"that I know of" is perhaps your only honest and true point ever stated here. What you know is apparently next to nothing, caused partly by your inability to discern fact from fiction, or should I say by your desire not.  Worse is your moral depravity. Clearly, you are against people who seek self-determination, unless they have your permission.

Fact: the people of the the Donbass asked Russia for help, to stop the daily shelling from Kiev's troops. Fact: YOUR govt closed its doors to those people, and refused to hear their plea. Fact: Russia diplomats spoke many times to yours, for and on behalf of the Donbass, only to be entirely rebuffed.  Fact: Ukraine is in conflict because YOUR govt wants this.

The USA attacked Iraq, murdered over 600,000 in 4 weeks, and took total control over the oil fields (ie theft). Not satisfied with this, your govt destroyed Libya and stole the oil. Not satisfied with this, you invaded Syria to steal the oil.  Fact: you were never asked by any country to "help" them. 

Bro, by denying your own history, you are warped and need help.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, frankfurter said:

"that I know of" is perhaps your only honest and true point ever stated here. What you know is apparently next to nothing, caused partly by your inability to discern fact from fiction, or should I say by your desire not.  Worse is your moral depravity. Clearly, you are against people who seek self-determination, unless they have your permission.

Fact: the people of the the Donbass asked Russia for help, to stop the daily shelling from Kiev's troops. Fact: YOUR govt closed its doors to those people, and refused to hear their plea. Fact: Russia diplomats spoke many times to yours, for and on behalf of the Donbass, only to be entirely rebuffed.  Fact: Ukraine is in conflict because YOUR govt wants this.

The USA attacked Iraq, murdered over 600,000 in 4 weeks, and took total control over the oil fields (ie theft). Not satisfied with this, your govt destroyed Libya and stole the oil. Not satisfied with this, you invaded Syria to steal the oil.  Fact: you were never asked by any country to "help" them. 

How much is Putin paying you to post BS???? Obviously you are hurting for Rubles....as no human would post on the behalf of Putin for free.....

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, frankfurter said:

If Russia and Donbass cared about Russian-speaking Ukrainians they wouldn't have destroyed Mariupol. The whole Donbass situation was to punish and destabilize Ukraine for getting rid of a Russian puppet. 

The US is irrelevant. It's all about Ukraine choosing to associate more with the EU than with Russia.

Every single 'reason' Putin has given for the invasion is a pretext - none of it is true.

If it wasn't for Putin there wouldn't be separatism in eastern Ukraine.

Protecting Russian-speakers in Ukraine is as real as protecting German-speakers in Czechoslovakia and Poland was.

Hitler did this exact thing. History repeats itself over and over.

Hitler also blew up the Reichstag, and then blamed it on "terrorists" and took over the country in a bullshit election.

Putin blew up apartment buildings in Moscow and blamed it on "terrorists" and then took over the country in a bullshit election.

Too bad for Russia that he's been in power for 22 years, but their economy is going to be similar to what it was when he took power. A decade+ lost.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, surrept33 said:

If Russia and Donbass cared about Russian-speaking Ukrainians they wouldn't have destroyed Mariupol. The whole Donbass situation was to punish and destabilize Ukraine for getting rid of a Russian puppet. 

The US is irrelevant. It's all about Ukraine choosing to associate more with the EU than with Russia.

Every single 'reason' Putin has given for the invasion is a pretext - none of it is true.

If it wasn't for Putin there wouldn't be separatism in eastern Ukraine.

Protecting Russian-speakers in Ukraine is as real as protecting German-speakers in Czechoslovakia and Poland was.

Hitler did this exact thing. History repeats itself over and over.

Hitler also blew up the Reichstag, and then blamed it on "terrorists" and took over the country in a bullshit election.

Putin blew up apartment buildings in Moscow and blamed it on "terrorists" and then took over the country in a bullshit election.

Too bad for Russia that he's been in power for 22 years, but their economy is going to be similar to what it was when he took power. A decade+ lost.

bro, you are so ignorant, words cannot describe. Ukraine is all about the USA.

Ukraine Nazis are positioning in schools, hospitals, malls, subways, residences, anywhere they can use civilians as shields.

Americans send weapons. Americans send no food, no tents, no medicines.

The image is a partial list of countries invaded by USA.

The Ukraine conflict can stop immediately, if the USA accepts a neutral Ukraine with no weapons, no bio warfare labs, no Nazis, no military, and no more interference from USA.

Screenshot from 2022-03-23 17-31-54.resized.png

(edited)

4 hours ago, frankfurter said:

bro, you are so ignorant, words cannot describe. Ukraine is all about the USA.

bro, believing your own country's censored propaganda is dangerous, because you will literally only see things that conform to "Strictly control challenges to our official statements, vilification of our foreign policy, incitement of Sino-Russian antagonism, pessimism about Sino-Russian relations, hyping of so-called historical episodes, and dissemination of harmful viewpoints that support or adulate the United States."

That is literally what your country's censors told your media to "control the narrative". 

Learn from Putin, believing your own propaganda given by a dictator can lead to huge miscalculations. 

https://chinadigitaltimes.net/2022/03/minitrue-four-leaked-cac-censorship-directives-on-ukraine-beijing-olympic-budget-and-ban-of-russian-and-belarusian-paralympians/

On March 3, another set of instructions was leaked. This time, the instructions appeared to come from the CAC, the powerful central government agency that oversees the regulation, censorship, and control of China’s online tech giants. The leaked document instructed sites and portals to dial down public sentiment on the Russia-Ukraine conflict and “Strictly control challenges to our official statements, vilification of our foreign policy, incitement of Sino-Russian antagonism, pessimism about Sino-Russian relations, hyping of so-called historical episodes, and dissemination of harmful viewpoints that support or adulate the United States.”

As Chinese state media has echoed and amplified Russian disinformation about the war in Ukraine, pro-Putin and pro-war sentiment on Chinese media has grown more heated. Dissenting voices urging peace or voicing concern for refugees and evacuees have been muted and censored. CDT has previously compiled and translated Chinese reactions to the invasion including censored anti-war voices and related comments addressed to the late doctor-whistleblower Li Wenliang on the “Wailing Wall” beneath his final Weibo post.

Censorship directive:

Please strictly implement the relevant requirements in accordance with the March 1, 2022 directive. To Phoenix, Baidu, Tencent, Sohu, Netease, Sina, Toutiao, Kuaishou, Douyin, Yidian, Xiaomi Browser, Sogou Browser, 360 Browser: in accordance with the March 1, 2022 directive, strictly implement relevant work requirements for websites, news clients, and mobile browsers, and submit feedback data through the system at 22:00 tonight. Provide feedback data (including but not limited to hashtags, topics, online polling, livestreams, etc. that have already been dealt with) and representative samples (which must be marked with platform name and individual account information). Please provide feedback in document form, and note the platform in the filename. Feedback goes under this directive, not under the March 1 directive. 

Remarks: March 1, 2022 directive

Content: Instructions (related to the situation in Ukraine) 

Regarding the situation in Ukraine, please strictly guide content and work to bring down the overall temperature. Please strictly implement the following work requirements: 

1. Strengthen list management. Without exception, existing hashtags started by individuals, self-published media, and commercial platforms must not be included in trending topics, and new hashtags are strictly prohibited. Apart from local media hashtags that feature objective reporting on official government statements or on measures such as the evacuation of Chinese citizens living overseas, any other local media hashtags should gradually move down and drop off the lists, and the addition of new hashtags on lists should be controlled.

2. All individual and self-published media live streams from the battlefield are suspended, without exception.

3. Apart from core media [i.e. the core state-media outlets such as Xinhua, CCTV, People’s Daily etc], all news topics started by commercial websites and self-published media will be dissolved, without exception, and collected content citing foreign media reports will be suppressed and dealt with.

4. It is forbidden to start any Internet polling or new discussions related to this topic, and existing voting topics will be deleted, dissolved or suppressed. All networks are requested to fulfill their main responsibilities and carry out stringent vetting in advance. Our office will also step up random inspections, and deal strictly and on a case-by-case basis with platforms that exhibit inadequate implementation. (March 3, 2022) [Chinese]

Edited by surrept33
  • Great Response! 1

10 hours ago, frankfurter said:

Bro, you refuse to give any references to substantiate anything you claim. You just make up your propaganda to suit yourself. No thinking person accepts claims without documentation that is reliable. When you are reduced to name calling I know you are defeated.

The United States never attempted to control oil fields except to defend them. If we wished, we would be controlling many right now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, surrept33 said:

Interview with Andrei Soldatov, top-notch Russian investigative journalist and FSB expert, in the New Yorker today:

https://web.archive.org/web/20220322182601/https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/the-purges-in-putins-shrinking-inner-circle

Some important excerpts below, although I really really recommend reading the article in full:

Soldatov's opinion on what's happening at the Kremlin:

"It looks like Putin is getting really unhappy with the operation, but it looks like he still believes that the original plan was fine but that there were some problems with some elements. And that is why his attack on the foreign-intelligence branch of the F.S.B. is not just about bad intelligence but also about something else. . . . it looks like now Putin is getting angry, not only with bad intelligence and the bad performance in Ukraine but also about the sourcing of the U.S. intelligence about the invasion, and why U.S. intelligence was so good before the invasion, and why the Americans knew so many things about what was coming."

On if the oligarchs and siloviki could topple Putin:

"Things changed, especially after Western sanctions were introduced in 2014, and mostly because of money. . . . And maybe back then [the oligarchs] could say something to Putin. This option was there.

Now it’s completely changed because of the sanctions. What happened is that Russian oligarchs, many of them, lost their contracts in the West, and Putin was really smart about offering them financial help by providing military contracts. . . . And that made many of the oligarchs much more dependent on the state funding.

[The military interferes] with the way history is taught. So, all of a sudden, the military became really ambitious, and I would say that now it’s not about oligarchs and siloviki, the current and former security-services people. Now you have the military and the military-industrial complex, and oligarchs are dependent on the military-industrial complex.

On whether the military could topple Putin:

[We] are in some uncharted territory. On one hand, Shoigu, the Minister of Defense, is a very shrewd politician. He’s been around for thirty years . . . while we have had so many changes, so many political crises for thirty years, Shoigu always survived. But his thing was always to show his complete loyalty to Putin. It might be a game, but Putin believes him and trusts him and believes that Shoigu is absolutely loyal to him.

On the propaganda machine in Russia concerning the Ukrainian war:

The big propaganda win for Putin is that he and his media are still capable of convincing people that the fighting takes place only in Lugansk and Donetsk. . . . There are some cracks, but it’s not about more sympathy toward Ukrainians. It’s more killed soldiers, because it looks like the casualties are really big in the Russian military. . . . But, unfortunately, I don’t see any sympathy for Ukraine, which is a very hard thing to say.

His feelings about the future, a possible regime change, and Putinism:

We are always trying to make these comparisons with the late nineteen-eighties, before the collapse of the Soviet Union . . . So maybe is it possible to repeat the same thing? I was fifteen years old, but still I remember that back then there was this cheerful mood that people were good, and it was just the system that was bad. So back then maybe I was naïve, maybe my parents were naïve and my friends were naïve, but we had this idea that it was only because of the Communist Party and the K.G.B., and if you could get rid of them everything was going to be fine. People are good. Even the people, say, in the military and in the security services. They were just pressured to be bad and to serve the system.

These days, unfortunately, we don’t have this excuse. We do have lots of people who support the war, unfortunately. Yes, I understand that it’s about propaganda, and it’s about fear, and people are really fearful. They understand what is at stake, and these select repressions were quite successful at freezing society. But, nonetheless, there’s so many people who support the war, and, to be honest, I just don’t know the answer. I don’t know how to get them back as humans. . . . You have ordinary people, and people in the security services, and people in the military, and they are supportive of this war. And I don’t quite understand how we can humanize them back. I just don’t see a way. . . . The war is a function of Putinism because it’s so aggressive. Putin is famous for having no sympathy, actually. . . [and] I think that’s what we have here with Ukraine. It’s just a manifestation of his complete lack of sympathy for other people.

So, Putin is basically like Hitler but more scary because of nuclear weapons equal to America under the control of a psychopath. He will at least, use the nuclear threat to keep us out of the Ukraine war directly. Even if we continue that policy, it means little to him because we are aiding and abetting Ukraine. We must do all we can indirectly, militarily and as humanitarians.

We must get the truth throughout the "communist" and Third World. I put quotes on communist because China is actually fascist. The actual communists are total failures as was the USSR. They are Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea, etc. We are in a war for "hearts and minds." Tesla was able to give Ukraine computer access through his satellites. Can he do the same with Russia and China? We have that plus shortwave radio, regular radio, printed matter that can be distributed secretly, the powerful grapevine, the dead bodies returning to Russia. Satellite photographs of the deaths and damaged cities of Ukraine. I hope we are doing our best on all of the above. 

On 3/7/2022 at 2:48 PM, Tom Nolan said:

I don't think many people grasp how the MainStream Media is shaping the narrative...and that the masses are buying it.  This article by Reuters (their own censorship displayed) shows how they dupe people by not presenting all the facts.  This is presented above.

There are a lot of people who don't get it...  the media is not there to give people the true story.  The Media is controlled by your Masters, because your Masters own the Media.

No government or military in the history of warfare would not shape their own narrative. They would be labeled a traitor or non loyal if they demanded fairness in reporting. Look how Republicans used to blabber on about the Constitution and freedom all while planning a Coup. In an instant they were led by an ex president to attack the Capital bring a hang man’s noose to the event. The ol rule of law was attacked by politics. Trump was impeached twice for lying and miss deeds while his party in full knowledge supported those lies. Reporting on a punk does not make you a master, lol. If it does, you gonna call me your master? 🤣 140+ Congress didn’t want to be investigated. So many masters want their pound of flesh for being traitors. Putin shows you the path of loyality and power. You’ll lose your boat lol

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, notsonice said:

How much is Putin paying you to post BS???? Obviously you are hurting for Rubles....as no human would post on the behalf of Putin for free.....

Andre would. He might be a very smart bot though. He does make some interesting replies and arguments, even if wrong headed. 

18 hours ago, notsonice said:

as no human would post on the behalf of Putin for free.....

How much is Trump getting?

As of today, 7-15 thousand dead, millions of destroyed equipment, five Generals dead, a close confidant to Putin left Russia; another top General disappeared, troops, defecting, Video of Russian troops pulling up to what amounts to a 7/11 and break in and steal food, Russian troops with no cold-weather gear, Three days of rations, the supply chain cut, Putin was way overconfidence of the readiness of his troops.

GO 🇺🇦 UKRAINE!

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, RichieRich216 said:

As of today, 7-15 thousand dead, millions of destroyed equipment, five Generals dead, a close confidant to Putin left Russia; another top General disappeared, troops, defecting, Video of Russian troops pulling up to what amounts to a 7/11 and break in and steal food, Russian troops with no cold-weather gear, Three days of rations, the supply chain cut, Putin was way overconfidence of the readiness of his troops.

GO 🇺🇦 UKRAINE, keep sending the dead Russian home and start another revolution and remove Putin!

When the war is primarily on Russia soil you can fantasize about Putin's removal.

The Ukrainian bombings will continue until moral improves.

Do you guys not understand ruthless leadership?  This is not a feel-good place where kids get medals for participating. They were raised much tougher than your soft, overweight, children who suffer diseases of sloth.

Edited by TailingsPond

(edited)

Watch as Trump is jealous that Putin gets a country in exchange for weak sanctions.

Edited by TailingsPond

18 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

When the war is primarily on Russia soil you can fantasize about Putin's removal.

The Ukrainian bombings will continue until moral improves.

Do you guys not understand ruthless leadership?  This is not a feel-good place where kids get medals for participating. They were raised much tougher than your soft, overweight, children who suffer diseases of sloth.

Check out the history of what is now Russia; these types of activities in their historical context have resulted in a charge of rulers.

(edited)

39 minutes ago, RichieRich216 said:

historical context have resulted in a charge of rulers.

Historically one-term losers don't get another run at presidency either.  Yet some here believe that will happen.

Edited by TailingsPond