Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rodent

tesla cars no greener than gas or diesel powered: report

To have a meaningful advantage, Tesla’s, or any all-electric, need to be in an area where the electricity generated is relatively clean. Areas with lots of hydro, nuke, and yes solar and wind, will help. Areas with coal, hohoho, no clean air Santa for you. I suspect combined cycle gas powered does ok for electrics.

• Like 2

This one is unfair: average gasoline car emissions vs one single high-performance EV. Why not compare "the average" with the Nissan Leaf? It is the bestselling EV out there, right? Cheap.

• Upvote 1

No one ever talks about the amount of pollution lawnmowers create--which I find painfully laughable but predictable. 

6 minutes ago, HermitMunster said:

No one ever talks about the amount of pollution lawnmowers create--which I find painfully laughable but predictable. 

You have a good point and while lawnmowers are bad, most are 4 stroke and "relatively" clean compared to 2 stroke weed-eaters, leaf blowers and chainsaws.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21st century lawnmovers are robotic and electric.

They are rather common here in Switzerland but I don't know if it's the case in America.

The average American spends nearly 70 hours a year dealing with lawn care. Robotic lawnmovers are not only a way to spare time but also to be more quiet as they are very silent in comparison to classic lawnmowers.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1