Marina Schwarz

Women Drivers Better for Saudi Economy than Aramco IPO

On 6/29/2018 at 2:16 PM, Bhimsen Pachawry said:

If you ask me, KSA will never do the IPO. It is just a hoax or speculation at best

2 months ago:

• Upvote 1

But I think it makes sense. You can't just upend decades of a certain way of thinking in a couple of months. I don't think anyone thought about it, though...

• Like 1

Seriously, women driving is a good thing, normalization than needs to happen. The profitability of Aramco. So if they do a real IPO. As 95% stockholders they’ll still get the profits. The transparency issue of how much the government gets, verses lines royality pockets will take creative accounting.

There are 1 million private drivers IK, I sponsored one myself. These will get phased out thru reduced requirements, and increased fees (now 200SR month). 

Ask many folks who have worked in Saudi. The women are a genuine beacon of hope. I worked for one, western eduction, tier 1 MBA. Smart driven women all over.

Arabia is full of contradictions, I think 2030 is practically a hoax, but what is being tried has elements of good, turning the right direction and I hope they pull it off.

• Like 1