JB

US tells allies to halt Iran oil imports by November

On 6/27/2018 at 8:07 PM, JohnAtronis said:

why November?

Why indeed?  Mid-term elections in the U.S.?  Nah.

On 6/27/2018 at 9:07 PM, JohnAtronis said:

why November?

2 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Why indeed?  Mid-term elections in the U.S.?  Nah.

11.11 is Veteran's Day.

1 minute ago, Qanoil said:

11.11 is Veteran's Day.

And?  

17 hours ago, Bhimsen Pachawry said:

USA gas is also limited but the production is soaring as every shale well also give out natural gas. Unlike shale oil, gas can't be stored. Hence the supply and demand has to be same. This makes the peoduxers lower prices and not contain gas production. This may appear like gas excess but it is just compulsion

Not sure what you mean when you say "gas can't be stored". I'm no nat gas expert, but the EIA has a nat gas storage report here http://ir.eia.gov/ngs/ngs.html that has always led me to believe that you can in fact store nat gas.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bhimsen Pachawry said:

There is something called oil inventory. Have you ever heard of gas inventory? I haven't and that is because gas can't be stored in inventory

So are you saying there is no way to store natural gas?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HermitMunster said:

So are you saying there is no way to store natural gas?

1 hour ago, Rodent said:

Not sure what you mean when you say "gas can't be stored". I'm no nat gas expert, but the EIA has a nat gas storage report here http://ir.eia.gov/ngs/ngs.html that has always led me to believe that you can in fact store nat gas.

Apparently, gas can be stored! I was wrong on this, I guess.

• Like 1

Trump is attempting to separate alliances by making it painful for all countries and making those choices more permanent. Make your decisions carefully as long as he holds office. Your with the US or your not. Trump does not like grey  "play both sides to the advantage" policies by friend or foe.

On 6/28/2018 at 8:57 PM, School yard bully. said:

Who is Trump to dictate to allies (his assumption) who to trade with and who no? What would happen if China did the same? More so obnoxious is, this because he broke an agreement undertaken by world leaders!!!!

This explains a lot. 

A Senior White House Official Defines the Trump Doctrine: ‘We’re America, Bitch’

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/06/a-senior-white-house-official-defines-the-trump-doctrine-were-america-bitch/562511/

20 hours ago, Boat said:

Trump is attempting to separate alliances by making it painful for all countries and making those choices more permanent. Make your decisions carefully as long as he holds office. Your with the US or your not. Trump does not like grey  "play both sides to the advantage" policies by friend or foe.

No one is a slave of USA. The relation with USA will depend on give and take.

maybe someone here can explain to me and any other who have the question of what this actually did to the market. Because from what I see Iranian Light and Heavy Oil have actually gone up in value according to the oil prices charts. Does this refer to another product? I tried searching it up but I couldn't find anything relevant. 

http://ir.eia.gov/ngs/ngs.html

This is your go to source for Nat gas storage. This is a weekly report but the EIA displays comphensive energy  reports in a variety of time frames on most energy sources.

• Upvote 1

This is not supposed to be a forum for 'Trump'Bashing or any other political agenda.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

This is not supposed to be a forum for 'Trump'Bashing or any other political agenda.

Hi Douglas, nice to hear from you again.  You keeping busy these days?

On 6/29/2018 at 12:59 AM, HermitMunster said:

What do you mean it can't be stored?

The gas can also be stored in underground storage in aquifers and depleted gas fields. Hundreds of this type of storages have been in operation in the US, Europe and Russia for many years. The gas can be drawn off in winter and replaced in summer.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 6:27 PM, Meanwhile said:

sadly, no one will stand by Iran despite the EU's hope that they could keep the Iranian nuclear deal intact. Thing is, this is not up to EU governments but private companies. All those that have business in US will obey

Many Iranian customers especially in Asia such as Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, China and even Thailand , have devised stringent specifications on the level of sulfur in crude oil and products. The demand for low-sulfur crude oil is increasing in these countries , as is the dependence of these countries on Iranian oil.

• Upvote 1

These many Iranian customers are also big technology suppliers to Iran , Lots of cars in Iran are Chinese or Korean made and most of the oilfield equipment used in Iran originates from China. The challenge for companies is becoming money transfers. International money transfers are controlled by the SWIFT system, which is American controlled and a lot of banks are afraid that they get black listed by the US. If the Europeans can establish bank transfers between Iran and Europe most companies will continue trading. The Chinese banks can trade as much as they want as they are not connected to the US financial system.

• Like 1

I know that the consequences of imposing sanctions on Iran will hike up oil and gas prices and Africa will feel the brunt of it.

On 7/4/2018 at 3:29 AM, Mahyar said:

The gas can also be stored in underground storage in aquifers and depleted gas fields. Hundreds of this type of storages have been in operation in the US, Europe and Russia for many years. The gas can be drawn off in winter and replaced in summer.

Yes, I know it can be stored. I was just trying to figure out what Bhimsen Pachawry was talking about.