UK court oil firm for corruption in Iraq

Criminal proceedings began in London  against two companies run by Unaoil, a Monaco-based energy consultancy firm accused of corrupt business practices in Iraq. The charges relate to alleged corrupt conduct between June 2005 and August 2011 while UNaoil was seeking lucrative Iraqi oil contracts, including one "worth US$733 million to Leighton Contractors Singapore PTE Ltd for a project to build two oil pipelines in southern Iraq," read the statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

took them long enough. I wonder how much Iraqi oil is "corrupted" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Meanwhile said:

took them long enough. I wonder how much Iraqi oil is "corrupted" 

Company also operates in Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Libya and Nigeria. Seems to be choosing the  countries with hight level of transparency 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 李伟王芳 said:

Schlumberger and Halliburton. Not surprised 

Halliburton paid $29.2 million last year to settle Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations in Angola

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, 李伟王芳 said:

Criminal proceedings began in London  against two companies run by Unaoil, a Monaco-based energy consultancy firm accused of corrupt business practices in Iraq. The charges relate to alleged corrupt conduct between June 2005 and August 2011 while UNaoil was seeking lucrative Iraqi oil contracts, including one "worth US$733 million to Leighton Contractors Singapore PTE Ltd for a project to build two oil pipelines in southern Iraq," read the statement.

war justified then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 李伟王芳 said:

Criminal proceedings began in London  against two companies run by Unaoil, a Monaco-based energy consultancy firm accused of corrupt business practices in Iraq. The charges relate to alleged corrupt conduct between June 2005 and August 2011 while UNaoil was seeking lucrative Iraqi oil contracts, including one "worth US$733 million to Leighton Contractors Singapore PTE Ltd for a project to build two oil pipelines in southern Iraq," read the statement.

Isn't this why we liberated Iraq, to give private enterprise free rein?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is, in the developing world it is called corruption, but it is as much in the open as it possibly could be. Here, we have many more words for it, like lobbying, donations, share options,...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Thing is, in the developing world it is called corruption, but it is as much in the open as it possibly could be. Here, we have many more words for it, like lobbying, donations, share options,...

So this is what regime change looks like. Pay attention, "liberators" of Syria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 李伟王芳 said:

Criminal proceedings began in London  against two companies run by Unaoil, a Monaco-based energy consultancy firm accused of corrupt business practices in Iraq. The charges relate to alleged corrupt conduct between June 2005 and August 2011 while UNaoil was seeking lucrative Iraqi oil contracts, including one "worth US$733 million to Leighton Contractors Singapore PTE Ltd for a project to build two oil pipelines in southern Iraq," read the statement.

Have they found the Weapons of Mass Destruction yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mono or needs a couple now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they have much needed chemicals up there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the oil there is drilled and gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0