Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Michigan Town Bans Wind Farms

This is really refreshing. Apparently, people are worried that they have not been given enough information about wind farms but somebody wants to build some. So they asked for and got a moratorium until further notice.

4 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

This is really refreshing. Apparently, people are worried that they have not been given enough information about wind farms but somebody wants to build some. So they asked for and got a moratorium until further notice.

I pass through these massive wind farms in Michigan's Gratiot county on the way to visit my parents. They are massive, numerous, and ugly. I also have passed many signs in the last month or two that say something like "stop the wind farms". Hey, yeah, it's "cleaner" than fossil fuels. But let's be honest, it takes up way more land, and I can't even imagine what it sounds like to live next to one, or what it does to property values 

.The "not in my backyard" philosophy transcends oil. 

Ah, I see. It makes perfect sense. I didn't know they built them near residential areas, though. The only ones I've seen are out in the fields or in the sea, far from towns and villages.

3 hours ago, Rodent said:

I pass through these massive wind farms in Michigan's Gratiot county on the way to visit my parents. They are massive, numerous, and ugly. I also have passed many signs in the last month or two that say something like "stop the wind farms". Hey, yeah, it's "cleaner" than fossil fuels. But let's be honest, it takes up way more land, and I can't even imagine what it sounds like to live next to one, or what it does to property values 

.The "not in my backyard" philosophy transcends oil. 

Not disputing the findings of the article. but as a comparision how about - Oil refineries / Power stations can cut as much as X % of the value of homes within a 2 km radius. 

I hate wind on land I don't own. However please pack in maximum turbine penetration on land I own. That's called moving money.