Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AS

Elon Musk still on a roll ...

Musk is still hogging the media with major announcements--everything from Model 3 progress to space. Stock is still unstoppable. Model 3 deliveries rolling out in higher volume now, and UPS just reserved 125 Tesla semis.

and another win this week when Tesla got press for coming to the rescue of a coal plant in Australia, supplying emergency power (from over 600 miles away) to one of Australia's largest coal units. 

Elon Musk tweeted out photos of SpaceX's almost fully assembled Falcon Heavy rocket in Cape Canaveral, Florida. The rocket's launch date is set for sometime in January. It looks promising.

Screen_Shot_2017_12_20_at_10.35.27.0.png

• Upvote 1

New order for Tesla Semi, this time from Europe. Norway's food distribution service Asko reserves 10 electric trucks. 

Does Elon Musk ever sleep? He just revealed Tesla is working on new update for its fleet and drivers will love it. I already do. 

New maps and navigation system will arrive in 2018. 

Wow, this Musk is crazy. No salary for him but a $70bn payout if Tesla reaches $650bn valuation. Otherwise he'll be paid nothing. Definitelly the  boldest 10 year plan I've ever heard for. 

(edited)

Yeah right, he already owns a 20% stake in Tesla, so he gets "paid" even if Tesla stock goes up. And surprised investors still invest in his ventures. 

Edited by Adam Varga

He is led by ambition to succeed. The cash is simply a barometer of that success. 

It's easy for Musk to defer his "salary" for 10 years. He already has more money then he'll ever be able to spend. The guy is already worth about  $20B according to Forbes numbers. 

You say it is easy for him to defer his salary for 10 years but I don't see other CEOs doing that. This is what set Musk apart from everyone else. He goes for all or nothing. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Vlad Kovalenko said:

You say it is easy for him to defer his salary for 10 years but I don't see other CEOs doing that. This is what set Musk apart from everyone else. He goes for all or nothing. 

easy, maybe, or at least easier than someone who would starve to death if they went unpaid for a decade. Yes, it's still interesting because as you said, no one else is doing anything like that, but still... not like he's going to have to shop at Goodwill. Ultimately, Musk wouldn't agree to this unless it was in his best interest to do it. News like this certainly keeps Tesla in the news and investors investing as the stock keeps climbing to new heights. 

Yeah, that's right, let's talk smack about a guy voluntarily giving up his salary for 10 years. He's entitled to massive CEO pay and bonuses like everyone else.

• Like 1

it would be great if other CEOs follow suit, won't it? Just sayin'. Musk has proven himself to be both a very pragmatic businessman and a trend-setter. I can understand why this would annoy those of a more skeptical bend. I see nothing wrong with the deal, though. 

At the moment Musk is moving minds forward better than anyone else on the planet, so in a sense right now he’s worth more than anyone else.

I can only see Musk moving down from the top, especially after the last production issues and hazardous battery reports.