Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FK

Ukraine gas

9 hours ago, Boat said:

First, I live in Texas and they gripe the most. At the same time Abbot continues to surround himself with the police suggesting they protect the public from the invaders. This is while several generations of brown people have lived in Texas. I think that’s racist and a shame. It something Putin would do. If you look at illegal immigration charts for the last 30 years you’ll see the numbers of illegals has not grown but actually have shrunk since GW was in office. Republicans loved illegal and legal immigration forever until Trump. Then they pretended there was a huge problem at the border even t though Obama stopped the rise in illegal immigration. Obama deported as many as got in. You claim Biden has opened up illegal immigration. Show that in numbers. This sounds like Mongolian coal that has yet to show up in a chart. From what I can find, most immigrants are not allowed in regardless of what Abbot or Trump says. 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/04/16/court-brief-biden-releases-three-quarters-of-a-million-border-crossers/

Court Brief: Biden Releases 756K Border Crossers, Population Larger than Boston, into American Communities Since Taking Office

1,357 Chip Somodevilla/John Moore/Getty ImagesChip Somodevilla/John Moore/Getty Images
JOHN BINDER
16 Apr 20223,534
3:28

President Joe Biden’s administration has released more than 750,000 border crossers and illegal aliens, a foreign population larger than the population of Boston, Massachusetts, into the United States since taking office in January 2021, a court brief confirms.

The brief, dated April 14 and filed in the Supreme Court by Stephen Miller’s America First Legal Foundation, details the extent to which Biden’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has put its Catch and Release network into overdrive in just a little over 12 months.

Specifically, DHS has released more than 756,109 border crossers and illegal aliens into American communities from January 21, 2021, to February 28, 2022, the brief states. This is larger than the resident population of Boston, about equal to the size of Denver, Colorado, and larger than the population of Detroit, Michigan.

Releases by month are as follows:

America First Legal Foundation

America First Legal Foundation

Broken down by agency, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) released nearly 545,000 border crossers and illegal aliens while the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) released close to 212,000 border crossers and illegal aliens.

At the current rate of deportations, which have been gutted by Biden’s so-called “sanctuary country” orders, it would take ICE agents 14.5 years to deport the border crossers and illegal aliens released into the U.S. interior by Biden’s DHS.

That 756,109 total does not include the 500,000 illegal aliens who successfully crossed the U.S.-Mexico border in 2021 without being apprehended, nor the nearly 123,000 Unaccompanied Alien Children (UACs) that have been resettled across the U.S. since the beginning of Fiscal Year 2021.

Altogether, the Biden administration is likely to have welcomed nearly 1.4 million border crossers and illegal aliens into American communities since January 2021.

The figure comes as Biden plans to end the Title 42 border control authority first imposed by former President Trump in 2020. The authority has successfully prevented waves of illegal immigration in the name of public health.

Biden officials admit they expect up to half a million border crossers and illegal aliens — the equivalent of Atlanta, Georgia’s, resident population — to arrive at the border every month. Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ) told Breitbart News in an exclusive interview that he expects 30,000 border crossers and illegal aliens every day at the border.

DHS has shaped a plan that would turbocharge the agency’s Catch and Release network. The plan was exclusively reported and published by Breitbart News as it notes the intended goal of ending Title 42 is to create “broadscale release mechanisms” that transform the southern border into a mere checkpoint for foreign nationals before they are released into American communities.

John Binder is a reporter for Breitbart News. Email him at jbinder@breitbart.com. Follow him on Twitter here

• Rolling Eye 1

17 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

14C will cause hypothermia in the elderly. 

Young people can wear a sweater and shiver a bit if needed.

Most women like to be warm.  Personally I much prefer being cold versus too hot

Combined with major quick fix efficiency measures (Ex there are 9 million houses with uninsulated lofts in the UK FFS) the final figure can be a bit higher to reach that 'completely negate the need to import any russian gas' target. 

In regard to elderly in houses - work around one room at say 18-19 Deg C and the rest of the house cooler. Electric blankets and throw over rugs make very economical ways of keeping personally warm. Economics is going to force many people down this route anyway. 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

16 hours ago, nsdp said:

Jay "Cargo vessels of non-belligerents destined for non-belligerent ports  only are permitted" is what I said. .   You cannot physically get a VLCC, ULCC(25 m), SuezMax(20.2m), Aframax (>22 m)or new Panamax (15 m) tanker though the straits because  of the shallow depth  which is less than the draft of the tanker. Legal rights are irrelevant. Archimedes and physics prevail here.  That is why the old Independence class(60,0000 tons) of carriers were the last carriers that could enter the Black Sea and that required sending the air wing to a base in Turkey or Greece to get to 36 ft/11.5 m draft. The old USNS  Enterprise (CVN-65) drew too much water and she was only 92,00 tons. She drew 40 ft/12.2m.  New Panamax are the smallest large crude vessels and they cannot exceed 15 m.

Yes, sorry, I misread your post. Russia can't move new warships into the Black Sea because of the treaty but that is not the reason that Zeihan gave in his video. Zeihan is all about the reasons for things happening that most people miss so i like to find all the places where he gets the reasons wrong. His failure to keep track of the Russian fleet movement when it made international news (live fire exercises off Ireland on their way to the Med) was egregious.

The Bosporus is limited in ship size but it still transits 3.1 million bpd. The equivalent of one quarter of all the oil the US produces. https://www.strausscenter.org/strait-of-hormuz-other-chokepoints/ 

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On 4/16/2022 at 11:57 AM, Boat said:

You claim Biden has opened up illegal immigration. Show that in numbers.

The US recorded 1.7 million illegal border crossings in the past year, the most since records began

Mikhaila Friel

Biden secretly flying underage migrants into NY in dead of night

Psaki Confirms Illegal Immigrants Being Flown to New York in Dead of Night

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Tuesday confirmed reporting by the New York Post that the Biden administration has been quietly flying underage illegal immigrants from the border to New York in the dead of night.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/psaki-confirms-illegal-immigrants-being-flown-to-new-york-in-dead-of-night/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, NickW said:

Combined with major quick fix efficiency measures (Ex there are 9 million houses with uninsulated lofts in the UK FFS) the final figure can be a bit higher to reach that 'completely negate the need to import any russian gas' target. 

In regard to elderly in houses - work around one room at say 18-19 Deg C and the rest of the house cooler. Electric blankets and throw over rugs make very economical ways of keeping personally warm. Economics is going to force many people down this route anyway. 

We live in a well insulated home and during waking hours use only a small natural gas fueled decorative heating stove. It is below a window with about a one inch opening. It is all we need to keep our house livable. We only use our whole house heater when we turn it off and go to bed. We keep the house about 66 degrees at night. We keep the living room about 70 when we are awake and turn on the heat stove. We use all low energy light bulbs and are keeping more off during the present worldwide shortages of fuel. Our Mitsubishi Mirage is are go to ride and gets 40 mpg. It cost us 14,500 new. 

• Like 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

The US recorded 1.7 million illegal border crossings in the past year, the most since records began

Mikhaila Friel

Biden secretly flying underage migrants into NY in dead of night

Psaki Confirms Illegal Immigrants Being Flown to New York in Dead of Night

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Tuesday confirmed reporting by the New York Post that the Biden administration has been quietly flying underage illegal immigrants from the border to New York in the dead of night.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/psaki-confirms-illegal-immigrants-being-flown-to-new-york-in-dead-of-night/

In 2001 and 2002 the San Antonio District had a massive push to arrest and prosecute employers of illegal aliens. we wound up with a Democratic  County Judge  3 out of 4 county commissioners were Democrats instead of 1 Democrat, a loss  of the congressional seat where I live and 5 0ut of 10 state District Judge seats. If you whine about illegal aliens you should prosecute the employers also unless you are a hypocrite.  President Bush stopped the focus on illegal immigrant employers.

Edited by nsdp
left out sentence
  • Upvote 1

Illegal immigration totals have remained steady through Obamas and Trumps term. GW the Republican was the last president that has large illegal immigration growth. As usual Trump and his boys can’t read charts and make up shyt. They so dumb it lead to an attempted Coup. 

I will say that I am against immigration and continue to support the rule of law. I am against the Democrats abuse of the law by harboring and hiring illegal immigrants. But the rednecks all over country hire these illegals and break the law as well. All of them should be prosecuted. Or, change the law. 

(edited)

22 minutes ago, nsdp said:

If you whine about illegal aliens you should prosecute the employers also unless you are a hypocrite.  President Bush stopped the focus on illegal immigrant employers.

Boat merely asked for documentation, I provided it. You see no opinion...yet.

Question were these foreign citizens checked and vaccinated for Covid 19?

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

15 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Boat merely asked for documentation, I provided it. You see no opinion...yet.

Question were these foreign citizens checked and vaccinated for Covid 19?

No stupid this was twenty years ago in 2002. I suggest you start your two brain cells before you start typing.

12 minutes ago, nsdp said:

No stupid this was twenty years ago in 2002. I suggest you start your two brain cells before you start typing.

2002 is so passe, 1.7 million foreign citizens entered the southern border since Biden's admin. 

Now that you current and on topic, were these foreign citizens covid 19 test and checked?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Boat said:

I will say that I am against immigration and continue to support the rule of law. I am against the Democrats abuse of the law by harboring and hiring illegal immigrants. But the rednecks all over country hire these illegals and break the law as well. All of them should be prosecuted. Or, change the law. 

The middle class only hire illegal immigrants because they are so busy trying to survive high taxes and inflation caused by Democrats and RINOS who want to eliminate the middle class. The employers are the large corporations that run motels, hotels, construction companies, meat packing, factories, etc. 

Those who vote against the border wall are the same people who vote against enforcing the immigration laws and strict voting laws.

The term redneck is no nicer than other pejorative terms used for groups of people. They are the farmers and ranchers that feed this country and many others. 

(edited)

1 hour ago, nsdp said:

In 2001 and 2002 the San Antonio District had a massive push to arrest and prosecute employers of illegal aliens. we wound up with a Democratic  County Judge  3 out of 4 county commissioners were Democrats instead of 1 Democrat, a loss  of the congressional seat where I live and 5 0ut of 10 state District Judge seats. If you whine about illegal aliens you should prosecute the employers also unless you are a hypocrite.  President Bush stopped the focus on illegal immigrant employers.

The Bushes lied to their supporters and always promised a border wall then just dropped the issue when not running for office. Obama did nothing to stop immigration. His attorney general tried to blame American's for Mexican guns and had to resign due to the scandal involved. His own department ran a false flag operation to help weaken our Second Amendment. He also propagated lies about the Ferguson, Missouri riots and hindered the city police in enforcing the law. The innocent officer who killed the hoodlum had to resign and move to Idaho in fear for his life. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal#:~:text=On June 28%2C 2012%2C Holder,in response to a subpoena.

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/news/news-releases/grassley-statement-resignation-attorney-general-eric-holder

14 minutes ago, surrept33 said:

This is what I proposed except that they went over my expectations with four. 

(edited)

2 hours ago, nsdp said:

https://www.bestplaces.net/voting/city/texas/san_antonio 

https://www.ksat.com/vote-2020/2020/11/06/has-texas-ever-turned-blue/

How Texas voted in 2020

Edited by Ron Wagner

(edited)

3 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

The middle class only hire illegal immigrants because they are so busy trying to survive high taxes and inflation caused by Democrats and RINOS who want to eliminate the middle class. The employers are the large corporations that run motels, hotels, construction companies, meat packing, factories, etc. 

Those who vote against the border wall are the same people who vote against enforcing the immigration laws and strict voting laws.

The term redneck is no nicer than other pejorative terms used for groups of people. They are the farmers and ranchers that feed this country and many others. 

Trump runs hotels and failed to build a wall, coincidence?

Anyone still think Mexico will pay for it?

Every election promise was a fail...

Edited by TailingsPond

(edited)

40 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

Anyone still think Mexico will pay for it?

Mexican gov't had a cash flow issue at the time. They had put 15000 of there own troops to guard the border. One of those "Art Of The Deal" moment's. The are no longer patrolling the border.

Mexico says it has deployed 15,000 forces in the north to halt U.S.-bound migration

Meanwhile Tik Tok Tik Tok....

Special counsel Durham's case can proceed against Clinton campaign lawyer, judge rules

By Tierney Sneed and Marshall Cohen, CNN
Updated 1:39 PM EDT, Wed April 13, 2022
220217130326-john-durham-michael-sussman
Edited by Eyes Wide Open

Ron,  notice that Bexar county is light blue. The number of employers and spouses active in management  charged and who plead guilty  was enough to change several very tight races decided by less than 500 votes.  If the  same program had been in the Amarillo and Lubbock districts  you would have had  15,000 plus disqualified from voting in each district.   You can't vote while on federal probation or pretrial release.

(edited)

11 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Mexican gov't had a cash flow issue at the time. They had put 15000 of there own troops to guard the border. One of those "Art Of The Deal" moment's. The are no longer patrolling the border.

Keep trying to explain away his failures for him; it amuses me.

Trump failed on a campaign promise.  He didn't say "we will build a wall if Mexico has spare cash for it."

The swamp is drained, Mexico paid for a wall, Putin is a "great peacekeeper."  MAGA is complete...

Legacy of fail

Edited by TailingsPond

(edited)

35 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

Keep trying to explain away his failures for him; it amuses me.

$100 million in border wall materials rusting away in Texas: report

More than a $100 million worth of taxpayer-paid border wall materials have been discarded and are going to waste in Texas after President Biden ended construction of the barrier when he entered the White House in January and canceled contracts for its construction, according to a report. 

https://nypost.com/2021/10/11/100-million-in-border-wall-materials-wasted-in-texas-report/

Biden spending over $2B to halt border wall construction amid migrant crisis

Turns out not building a wall is almost as costly as building one.

President Joe Biden is spending at least $3 million a day on contractors “to watch steel rust in the desert,” Senate Republicans have found — as he tries to put a stop to former President Trump’s planned wall along the US-Mexico border, despite the ongoing crisis there.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

47 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

They had put 15000 of there own troops to guard the border. One of those "Art Of The Deal" moment's. The are no longer patrolling the border.

Another of your lies. The troops are still there detaining people.

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Another of your lies. The troops are still there detaining people.

Ahh time for some old crow...speaking of crow...proof of your I'll mannered posting. 

2 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Ahh time for some old crow...speaking of crow...proof of your I'll mannered posting. 

You made the claim, it is up to you to support it.