Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JB

EU rejects controversial copyright law

The European Union has rejected controversial legislation intended to reform online copyright. 318 MEPs voted against the draft law, compared to 278 in favor. The legislation now returns to the drawing board, before being sent for a second vote in September. Critics say the rules would put an end to memes and remixes, and require platforms to pay for linking to news.

Here is story from few days ago

https://safehaven.com/article/45647/Why-We-Should-Be-Worried-About-Europes-New-Copyright-Laws

Europe is generally more concerned about privacy than the U.S., believe it or not, and the EU goes to great lengths to protect the private data of its population. But let not go to dark ages

Ban memes? Are you serious?  How would I send birthday or wedding wishes without them? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ajan Bosnjacki said:

Ban memes? Are you serious?  How would I send birthday or wedding wishes without them? 

It will pass eventually.

The fact that the music industry gets more revenue from vinyl than from billions of YouTube streams tells you something is very wrong. Google is exploiting a loophole to reduce the rates its pays - and the smallest suffer the most. 

If you'd ask me personally I think Article 15 is far worse than Article 13. Computer programs are also copyrighted so this would make really hard time for anyone trying to maintain the business once it grows. 

29 minutes ago, Ja’Nako Bezze said:

The European Union has rejected controversial legislation intended to reform online copyright. 318 MEPs voted against the draft law, compared to 278 in favor. The legislation now returns to the drawing board, before being sent for a second vote in September. Critics say the rules would put an end to memes and remixes, and require platforms to pay for linking to news.

Here is story from few days ago

https://safehaven.com/article/45647/Why-We-Should-Be-Worried-About-Europes-New-Copyright-Laws

So, those who have built their business model on trafficking in things stolen from other people are arguing that they should be allowed to continue trafficking in things stolen from other people.

Just now, Sefko Trafikant said:

I was hoping that Grumpy Cat would be discontinued 

that bloody cat has more likes on internet than Al Pacino