Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JB

Who is Andrew Wheeler EPA's new chief?

Andrew Wheeler, the deputy administrator at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and a former energy lobbyist, become the agency’s acting head on Monday after Thursday's resignation of EPA head Scott Pruitt. Anything on him? For starters, I am relieved 

not much will change in essence. He might have less expensive taste that Pruitt

8 minutes ago, 李伟王芳 said:

"This is a selection that continues the Trump administration's essentially complete subservience to the fossil fuel industry in the entire environmental arena. There's very little chance that Mr. Wheeler is going to take his public duties seriously."Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) said at the time of Wheeler's nomination.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 李伟王芳 said:

wonder if an ex-coal lobbyist will be a good EPA chief? 

22 minutes ago, Ja’Nako Bezze said:

Andrew Wheeler, the deputy administrator at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and a former energy lobbyist, become the agency’s acting head on Monday after Thursday's resignation of EPA head Scott Pruitt. Anything on him? For starters, I am relieved 

Didn't he play Sweetchuck in the Police Academy?

Scott Pruitt seemed to be the guy that could never give a straight answer. Hopefully Andrew will be Honest.

I hope President Trump acts fast to undo the damage Scott Pruitt did to the Ethanol and Farm Industries by constantly undermining the Renewable Fuel Standard. The damage that was done is very real, and November elections are just four mounts away. The clock is ticking down on the Farm Vote. Its hard to vote Republican on an empty stomach.

5 hours ago, Tom Blazek said:

Scott Pruitt seemed to be the guy that could never give a straight answer. Hopefully Andrew will be Honest.

I hope President Trump acts fast to undo the damage Scott Pruitt did to the Ethanol and Farm Industries by constantly undermining the Renewable Fuel Standard. The damage that was done is very real, and November elections are just four mounts away. The clock is ticking down on the Farm Vote. Its hard to vote Republican on an empty stomach.

I hope madness of wasting food for fuel would be stopped. Only reason it persist - government subsidies are impossible to terminate. Farmers may need to switch to different crops and stop poisoning land with Roundup.

7 hours ago, Joanna said:

"This is a selection that continues the Trump administration's essentially complete subservience to the fossil fuel industry in the entire environmental arena. There's very little chance that Mr. Wheeler is going to take his public duties seriously."Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) said at the time of Wheeler's nomination.

that's reassuring.

11 hours ago, DanilKa said:

I hope madness of wasting food for fuel would be stopped. Only reason it persist - government subsidies are impossible to terminate. Farmers may need to switch to different crops and stop poisoning land with Roundup.

Looking at corn ethanol as madness, is madness. If you don't grow what the land produces, what right do you have to say, how what the land produces is used? There is a arrogance in this "madness" line of thought, that I struggle to understand.

Ethanol production takes the starch out of corn and concentrates the protein in Distillers Grains, which are then used for animal feed. In addition to using distillers grains in the US, we ship distillers grains all over the world for animal feed. I'm told that the world has a protein shortage not a starch shortage. So I really don't see ethanol as taking food for fuel. If we didn't produce ethanol, we wouldn't be growing as much corn. Then what, prairie flowers?  Crops have to have a market, no market, no crop. I know a farmer who farms 3,000 acres in Nebraska. He told me it cost 1.5 million dollars to put his corp in this year. Agriculture is a business not a hobby and their has to be a net return for the cost of production. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom Blazek said:

Looking at corn ethanol as madness, is madness. If you don't grow what the land produces, what right do you have to say, how what the land produces is used? There is a arrogance in this "madness" line of thought, that I struggle to understand.

Ethanol production takes the starch out of corn and concentrates the protein in Distillers Grains, which are then used for animal feed. In addition to using distillers grains in the US, we ship distillers grains all over the world for animal feed. I'm told that the world has a protein shortage not a starch shortage. So I really don't see ethanol as taking food for fuel. If we didn't produce ethanol, we wouldn't be growing as much corn. Then what, prairie flowers?  Crops have to have a market, no market, no crop. I know a farmer who farms 3,000 acres in Nebraska. He told me it cost 1.5 million dollars to put his corp in this year. Agriculture is a business not a hobby and their has to be a net return for the cost of production. 

Wow, some one have a bias here... Madness part is the government subsidies which distorts the market. I'm all in for a free market and corn ethanol could compete with gas when price will go through the roof (which is soon). I feel for the farmers but they need to figure what to plant because subsidies will end - one can only pile up over a trillion a year in debt for so long. And if choice is between roundup and prairie flowers - I side with the later.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1