Tom Kirkman

CO2 Emissions Hit 67-Year Low In USA, As Rest-Of-World Rises

< *cough* >

Guess I'll just wait here quietly for indignant wailing, gnashing of teeth, and implications that I am a neanderthal science denier...

And just to add fuel to the expected fire from global warming (oops, I mean climate change) activists, let me note here my view that CO2 is not particularly harmful to the environment.

Which makes the decrease in CO2 emissions in the U.S. even more amusing to me.

CO2 Emissions Hit 67-Year Low In America, As Rest-Of-World Rises

We suspect you won't hear too much about this from the liberal mainstream media, or the environmental movement, or even Al Gore - but, according to the  latest energy report from The Energy Information Administration (EIA), under President Trump, per-capita carbon dioxide emissions are now the lowest they’ve been in nearly seven decades.

Even more interesting is the fact that US carbon emissions dropped while emissions from energy consumption for the rest of the world increased by 1.6%, after little or no growth for the three years from 2014 to 2016.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

< *cough* >

Guess I'll just wait here quietly for indignant wailing, gnashing of teeth, and implications that I am a neanderthal science denier...

And just to add fuel to the expected fire from global warming (oops, I mean climate change) activists, let me note here my view that CO2 is not particularly harmful to the environment.

Which makes the decrease in CO2 emissions in the U.S. even more amusing to me.

CO2 Emissions Hit 67-Year Low In America, As Rest-Of-World Rises

We suspect you won't hear too much about this from the liberal mainstream media, or the environmental movement, or even Al Gore - but, according to the  latest energy report from The Energy Information Administration (EIA), under President Trump, per-capita carbon dioxide emissions are now the lowest they’ve been in nearly seven decades.

Even more interesting is the fact that US carbon emissions dropped while emissions from energy consumption for the rest of the world increased by 1.6%, after little or no growth for the three years from 2014 to 2016.

(crickets)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Guillaume Albasini said:

The decrease in CO2 is mainly from the shift from coal to gas in power generation plants and has nothing to do with Trump's policy.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/jun/18/environmental-protection-agency/are-greenhouse-emissions-down-under-donald-trump-e/

Generally agreed with your assessment about the shift from coal to natural gas in power generation plants, no issue there.

I do, however, tend to be suspicious with statements by politifact, which tend to have a distinct leftist bias:

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/politifact

PolitiFact

News Media

The AllSides Media Bias Rating is:

Political News Media Bias Rating: Lean Left  Lean Left

so much for quitting from Paris agreement... Who is holier than thou - US who is dropping it or China/India who allowed to crank up?

Not that I see any harm in CO2 being mild greenhouse gas (no comparison with the mighty dihydrogen monoxide) and smoothing out daily swings in temperature somewhat while making the planet greener.

• Upvote 2

On 7/11/2018 at 9:50 AM, DanilKa said:

so much for quitting from Paris agreement... Who is holier than thou - US who is dropping it or China/India who allowed to crank up?

Not that I see any harm in CO2 being mild greenhouse gas (no comparison with the mighty dihydrogen monoxide) and smoothing out daily swings in temperature somewhat while making the planet greener.

CO2 levels dangerously low for our planet; optimum levels of 800 – 1200 ppm would unleash reforestation, greening and food crop production

• Upvote 1

Oh, my, however is this possible? If my eyes don't deceive me (and I am wearing my glasses), Europe CO2 levels are rising. HOW? Seriously, how? The media coverage of climate topics has convinced me Europe is on the brink of a new green era and now I feel crushed and deceived. I'm only being partially ironic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

I'm only being partially ironic.

Remember, iron is an essential element for blood production, so you may need to go with more irony to be safe.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2