Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HermitMunster

Russia Plans $50 Billion Investment In Iran’s Oil, Gas Industry

I don't know the entire history of Russia-Iran relations, but, they sure are chummy now. I think this puts to bed any doubts that they are in fact allies. Trump sure better hope the so-called trade war he is igniting doesn't blow up in his face because all of our so-called enemies are making major headway. It sure is going to be an interesting meeting in Helsinki on Monday. To be a fly on the wall...

https://www.ft.com/content/db4c44c8-869b-11e8-96dd-fa565ec55929

86Aky2.gif

Chummy is not a word I’d use for any countries relationships with Russia. But they get along OK. After the fall of the Shah, Iran has bought Russian weapons for years. And the two countries have clearly coordinated some events in Syria. 

How Saudi reacts to their oil friend is a bigger question? Surprise, the Russians weren’t really your friends. 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

Russia does what they think they wan't to do as always it gives them a benefit for Iran is more convenient to Russia have Iran and Turkey on their side than go against them

Edited by Sebastian Meana

Russia has an excellent way exporting 1-1.5 million barrels of oil more than what it is doing now by taking oil from Iran and then selling it as Russian oil. Iran has no way of selling its oil directly but can sell via Russia while Russia gets a good cut and Iran gets to have some extra money for self consumption. Russia can act as a conduit for European goods into Iran in exchange for Iranian crude oil.

• Upvote 1