Is anybody outside of oilprice.com writers paying attention to what's going on in Iraq, and specifically in Basra. Honestly, I'm surprised it's taken this long for the people to protest. I think Baghdad thought it was going to get a free ride on this. It's a bit belated, but I'm not thinking the protests are going to simmer down until they actually get something out of it, regardless of security force violence. And the timing is great with the attempt to form a new coalition government. The people have finally realized the power they have over oil-rich Basra. 

• Upvote 1

They say this hasn't hurt production yet, but I've seen conflicting reports. Some Iraqi media outlets have said that Majnoon saw some production reduction, but I can't find any Iraqi officials confirming that. At any rate, power to the people!

Also would pay attention specifically to Lukoil here ... I think they are getting it worse than the other giants in terms of protests.