Goldman Sachs' Grim Number on Solar

Global solar installations will decline by 24 percent this year, according to analysts. And Goldman is not the only one throwing out negative numbers about solar. Credit Suisse forecasted a 17 % decline and Bloomberg NEF 3%. China is making the biggest dent in demand because it took 20 gigawatts of projects offline in May, sending global installations down to 75 gigawatts from 99 gigawatts last year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we have our next big economic collapse, I hope GS drowns and isn't bailed out.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2018 at 7:48 PM, Stormysaga said:

Global solar installations will decline by 24 percent this year, according to analysts. And Goldman is not the only one throwing out negative numbers about solar. Credit Suisse forecasted a 17 % decline and Bloomberg NEF 3%. China is making the biggest dent in demand because it took 20 gigawatts of projects offline in May, sending global installations down to 75 gigawatts from 99 gigawatts last year.

These are declines in the growth rate. So instead of 25% growth in installed capacity it will only be 20%. Fairly predictable really as a new technology gains scale as solar has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2018 at 3:55 PM, HermitMunster said:

When we have our next big economic collapse, I hope GS drowns and isn't bailed out.

makes me remember that isn't a bad idea go back to the gold standard like before the 30's

"if you need a bailout, you gone"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2018 at 7:25 PM, Sebastian Meana said:

makes me remember that isn't a bad idea go back to the gold standard like before the 30's

"if you need a bailout, you gone"

GS is about as slimy as they come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0