Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jullien Bagneris

Oil Price In Saskatchewan Canada

My family owns mineral rights to a 7500bpd play in Saskatchewan, Canada. About 1.5 from Lloydminster. Our oil has an API gravity between 10 and 13 degrees, there is no diluent added at the facility. To my knowledge it is being trucked to multiple locations some being feed pipelines, others being oil batteries for transportation via rail.

Would anyone be able to tell me the approximate price per barrel at the well head when comparing this with other examples in Western Canada ie, Lloydminster Blend, Western Canadian Select, Bow River Crude etc.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

I don't have any idea about Canadian oil but will just add that your oil is really low gravity! I came across some low gravity oil one time that I assumed would be lower price but due to the numerous by-products they could get out of it, it actually brought a good price. But transportation can be an issue if it's hard to move due to viscosity.

To my knowledge the API gravity is about 10-12. But from what I've been told by the SAGD site foreman they can keep it warm enough to transport by putting it in the truck warm and using some sort of immersion heater in the transport truck. 

Thanks for the insight, I assumed the same as you did. But I'm glad to hear that since there are numerous by-products it could get a competitive price compared to "lighter" crudes.