Tom Kirkman

Elon is a full blown con man

Not much to add to this article from the New York Post.  Elon's snake oil days seem to be coming to an end.

Elon Musk is a total fraud

Musk isn’t sorry and nothing is ever his fault.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I have no quarrel with the article, but to give the man some due, he has pioneered the use of reusable rockets. However, it will be interesting to see whether Tesla will ever be cash flow positive - I bet no. There is no way it will ever justify its share price. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markslawson said:

However, it will be interesting to see whether Tesla will ever be cash flow positive - I bet no.

And you would win that bet.

Liquidity Crisis: Tesla Asks Suppliers For "Cash Back"

According to a memo seen by The Wall Street Journal that was sent to a supplier last week, Tesla said it is asking its suppliers for cash back to, drumroll, help it become profitable, as if that is somehow the priority of the company's suppliers.

And we are not talking about a few cents here and there: Tesla requested the supplier return what it calls a meaningful amount of money of its payments since 2016.

But wait, it gets better: the memo which was sent by a global supply manager (who will probably be fired shortly), described the request as "essential to Tesla’s continued operation" and characterized it as an investment in the car company to continue the long-term growth between both players.

In other words, Tesla has given its vendors an ultimatum: give us a haircut, or else we won't survive, and not only is your business with us over, but all those billions in payables we owe you, well, good luck with the other pre-petition claims in bankruptcy court. Or as one Tesla skeptic noted on twitter:

TSLA has been cranking out cars 24/7 at 2-3x the rate they can deliver them, turning supplier parts on credit into finished goods. Then they turn around and "ask" for a cash back so they don't default on said suppliers. Y'all just got played

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"Musk isn’t sorry and nothing is ever his fault."

Hmmmm a thin skinned, twittering businessman that can't take criticism and has been called a con man....maybe he should run for president......Trump supporters should love him...he has taken market share from mainly foreigners...satellite launch market from the Russians and autos from the Germans....

• Like 1

Hi ron,

the thing i mentioned about 70% was an article for the stock market. interestingly enough founder of blackrock, trillion fund. said the tarffis if implemented will drop the market, he didnt say 70%.

I like Tesla, If for no other reason than their cars don't run on 25% to 30% Benzene. Benzene is a Known Carcinogen, but you'd never know that from the EPA or the API, by the way both organizations oppose ethanol which is a very good Benzene Replacement.

For 2016, EPA granted 19 of 20 requested waivers from Refiners to avoid complying with the Renewable Fuel Standard Law.

For 2017, EPA granted 39 waivers so far to Refiners with 3 or 4 more waiting for an answer. 

So for the past two years the EPA has essentially allowed 2.25 Billion additional gallons of Carcinogenic Aromatic Hydrocarbons to be used in our fuels for octane, instead of clean burning ethanol.

It seems to me that the EPA and the API could care less about Americans getting Cancer from Benzene laced gasoline fuels.

So for ME, this is why we really need Tesla to succeed.

Just Say NO, to API's  "No Ethanol" - High Cancer Fuels!

• Like 1