Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MG

New stub gas pipeline planned Poland-Denmark

A new underwater gas pipeline is planned to run under the Baltic between Denmark and Poland.  When you look at the route it is clear that is is set to carefully avoid both the German 12-mile territorial limit and the German economic zone.  I find this unusual as it would add miles and costs to the laying of the pipe, thus I would have to speculate that there are political reasons behind the skirting of Germany.  It is also not clear in which direction the gas is intended to flow  (or for that matter if the flow could be bi-directional).  This article popped up in a technical newsletter promoting Polish shipbuilding that I subscribe to, filled with fascinating tidbits that reflect factors such as currency exchange rates and building costs in the marine construction industry.  Poland is a great place to build a deep-sea roll-on ferry boat; I have been keeping an eye on Polish yards for a Boston-Halifax shipping route.  Here it is, see what you can read in the tea leaves as to where gas is headed inside Europe:

http://www.polandatsea.com/the-route-of-the-baltic-pipe-gas-pipeline-has-been-selected/

13 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

A new underwater gas pipeline is planned to run under the Baltic between Denmark and Poland.  When you look at the route it is clear that is is set to carefully avoid both the German 12-mile territorial limit and the German economic zone.  I find this unusual as it would add miles and costs to the laying of the pipe, thus I would have to speculate that there are political reasons behind the skirting of Germany.  It is also not clear in which direction the gas is intended to flow  (or for that matter if the flow could be bi-directional).  This article popped up in a technical newsletter promoting Polish shipbuilding that I subscribe to, filled with fascinating tidbits that reflect factors such as currency exchange rates and building costs in the marine construction industry.  Poland is a great place to build a deep-sea roll-on ferry boat; I have been keeping an eye on Polish yards for a Boston-Halifax shipping route.  Here it is, see what you can read in the tea leaves as to where gas is headed inside Europe:

http://www.polandatsea.com/the-route-of-the-baltic-pipe-gas-pipeline-has-been-selected/

Nice to see you back, Jan.  🖖

1 minute ago, Dan Warnick said:

Nice to see you back, Jan.  🖖

This is actually his Doppelganger, a fleeting mirage shimmering in the desert heat on the horizon.....

That fellow Jan is sitting up along the railway line to Port Churchill, Manitoba, swatting black flies.  Cheers.

1 minute ago, Jan van Eck said:

This is actually his Doppelganger, a fleeting mirage shimmering in the desert heat on the horizon.....

That fellow Jan is sitting up along the railway line to Port Churchill, Manitoba, swatting black flies.  Cheers.

Ha-ha!  That made me think of another person:  Bill, an evil Bill

Go to about 2:30 in the clip and watch to the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmJP9XHqiAM

There is only one small problem with this project=  a very probable lack of gas. Norway is at its peak and will be in terminal decline in not so distance future.

• Like 2