Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jj

Smoke and Mirrors? U.S. Oil Threats Against Iran Can Be Easily Answered: Revolutionary Guards

United States threats to throttle Iran’s international oil trade can be easily answered, the head of the elite Revolutionary Guards said on Wednesday, according to the Tasnim news agency. “If the current capabilities of the Revolutionary Guards ... reaches the ears of the adventure-seeking president of America, he will never make this kind of mistake and will reach the understanding that an oil threat can be easily answered,” Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari said, according to the Tasnim agency. Jahari did mot specify how Iran might react to U.S. threats to its oil exports... To be continued...

• Upvote 1

Whatever will be at the end (nothing except empty words) the commoners will pay more and more at the pump whether there's an oil glut or shortage not because of oil flow but because of oil company greed.

• Downvote 1

Wasn't that also what the Iraqi equivalent said prior to....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Propaganda with big P....C'mon Mullahs, it's to much from you. Iran under regime is dark side of the democracy, human rights and equality......

• Upvote 2

Considering that they can shut down the Strait of Hormuz at will, I think we should be buying electric cars. Tesla, I'm coming :)

Many of oil owners and  suppliers are happy right now!

I’m old enough to remember when that was called Exocet Alley. It was three decades ago, and I'm sure that they will never have chance to repeat it again...

• Like 1

No, this is just bluster from functionaries that are barely holding on to power. They supply a lot of oil to china. Consider that in your thinking.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

Closing the straits is rather simple to me sink a couple of tankers in the main  shipping lane. They have land based rockets to do it never mind ship launched ones I don't understand how the US thinks is they can stop them Saudi could not stop all the rockets from Yemen with a strong defensive rocket shield how can you protect all those tankers from a concentrated attack with less defence?  I must be missing something anyone have a better knowledge of US ship defensive missiles?

Edit just read the Bloomberg article on the assumed defensive strategy no mention of if Iran hits first with missiles and sinks tankers in tbe shipping lanes in first strike. US can retaliate but by then damage is done and the straits will be closed for a while.

Edited by jaycee