CMOP

Facebook Shares Plummet

Facebook has lost about $120 billion in market capitalization, after its earnings report after the market close on Wednesday missed expectations on revenue and showed slowing user growth. The social network has been under the spotlight from lawmakers and regulators for its role in the spread of disinformation and a privacy scandal in which the political consulting firm Cambridge Analytica improperly obtained Facebook data on 87 million users. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s net worth plummeted around $16 billion with the stock dive, although it’s still some $67 billion

This was clearly inevitable since before the IPO. The valuation was based on unicorns, the business model based on dishonesty, and the leadership was more concerned with transparently delusional aspirations than meaningful value.

It beats me that anyone still uses FB. Even my granny stopped using it a few years ago. And recipes were good

2 minutes ago, Hajga Loma DK said:

It beats me that anyone still uses FB. Even my granny stopped using it a few years ago. And recipes were good

fake recipes 

once the fake account and fake broadcasters are removed, no one will stay. Except those from FarmersOnly

18 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Facebook has lost about $120 billion in market capitalization, after its earnings report after the market close on Wednesday missed expectations on revenue and showed slowing user growth. The social network has been under the spotlight from lawmakers and regulators for its role in the spread of disinformation and a privacy scandal in which the political consulting firm Cambridge Analytica improperly obtained Facebook data on 87 million users. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s net worth plummeted around $16 billion with the stock dive, although it’s still some $67 billion

big difference between points and %

41 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Didn’t they have a big drop in monthly active users, as well? I am sure investors are concerned the cracks 

6 minutes ago, Ajan Bosnjacki said:

Didn’t they have a big drop in monthly active users, as well? I am sure investors are concerned the cracks 

FB has done nothing that any other major company has not already been doing for decades. Have you never wondered why you get "pre approved" letters in the mail? Have you never wondered why political campaigns already know your voting record? Credit score?

Sometimes I think healthy dose of reality is in order:

Since April 25th 2018, Facebook has gained 40%.  

Today, Facebook lost 19%.

Facebook is still valued higher today than it was in April of this year.