Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TN

Revisiting: "The U.S. Grid Isn’t Ready For A Major Shift To Renewables" from March 2021 by Irina Slav at OILPRICE

On 5/16/2022 at 7:06 PM, nsdp said:

You have never heard of the Permian Salts have you? Starts at Carlsbad NM and runs  to just west of Wichita KS. Or maybe you have never heard of the bedded salts near Salt Lake City or Destin Dome in Florida.

Mr. Half Bright on the energy properties of hydrogen vs NG:

On a BTU/lb basis, Hydrogen has about 2.5 times the energy density of methane. So, if you burn one pound of hydrogen vs one pound of natural gas, you will get 2.5 times the energy. Sounds great, right?

But because hydrogen is so much lighter, or less dense, you need approximately 3 times the volume of hydrogen as compared to natural gas to get the same amount of energy. https://www.powereng.com/library/6-things-to-remember-about-hydrogen-vs-natural-gas

Since safety  measurements in salt caverns pressures are measured in pounds /sq ft or sq in  the lightness of hydrogen is a wash. For safety pressures you need 3 times the volume in your cavern to store the same energy in methane  on a kg basis as H2.   Never have done any pipeline safety work have you?  Do you know MAOP means ? how do you apply it?

Taken a senility test yet?  You agree with my statements and then say I am wrong... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Nice dodge about the main points of which you have no rebuttal.  Bravo.  A true lawyer, try to nit pick a tiny technicality of which you just posted you agree, instead of address the 99%.  Bravo.

This is why I have you blocked.  Unfortunately I was too stupid to respond to your dithering.  Adios