hemanthaa@mail.com

Is Europe heading for winter of discontent with extensive gas shortages?

2 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Ignorance is truly bliss, eh? I am trying to get you to snap out of your programming and turn on your brains.

ccvzrbwha9tx.jpg

seriously its the other way round

lets agree to disagree

The one thing I hope we can agree on is that all MSM on all sides is biased and has an alternate agenda

1 hour ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

What exactly this paying in rubles scheme constitutes has been highly negotiable. At the time this article was written, they probably did get their gas through a German intermediary who agreed to the gas-for-rubles scheme. The article actually said as much, "The flow of natural gas to Denmark via Germany remained steady on Wednesday, data from Danish system operator Energinet showed"

A lot has changed since. Specifically, Gazprom Germania, the most likely such intermediary, has been nationalized by Germany and consequently put on the Russian sanctioned entity list. You have to look at the current inflows.

Did gazprom or did gazprom not cut off supplies to Denmarks Ørsted? simple yes or no. 

I.e. was there or was there not a relationship to severed? 

1 minute ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Did gazprom or did gazprom not cut off supplies to Denmarks Ørsted? simple yes or no. 

I really don't know. Possibly it was only pretend-severed, as the gas continued to flow?

The Danish opinion I found suggests the relationship was to be of a transient nature, for the period of 2021-2023 only. You normally are supposed to be self-sufficient. Which is what my Russian sources think, too.

6 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Hey, you asked for exact proofs, I wrote up a detailed argument for you.

No you wrote up a sequence of events that you believe took place.

You stated that the West bankrolled a coup in Ukraine! I am still waiting for any evidence to support this.

That being said I'm losing the will to live with this now.

14 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

How come you may meddle in other countries affairs like that, and we may not?

Come now Andrei, are you suggesting Russia doesnt meddle in other countries affairs or use its power to influence certain countries?

Recently Afghanistan, Syria, Ukraine, the Stans etc etc

That is the pot calling the kettle black!

(edited)

22 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

You stated that the West bankrolled a coup in Ukraine! I am still waiting for any evidence to support this.

OK, which event did not happen like that? Do you claim they had a proper quorum for impeachment? That they did not substitute the Rada Chairman and the Secretary of Security Council mid-flight together with Yanukovych? That Ukrainian interim President did have the constitutional authority to command the armed forces? That there was no agreement to hold snap elections peacefully that some Western governments guaranteed? All of those things can be proven, however tediously now.

OK, you wanted some direct involvement by UK. Here is it. The Chatham House be one of yours?

https://web.archive.org/web/20140302111543/http://openukraine.org/en/about/partners

These were the sponsors of "Arseniy Yatsenuk Foundation", aka "our man Yatz" designated by Victoria Nuland, err, democratically elected to be first post-Maidan PM of Ukraine.

Say, is it normal for your politicians to be openly sponsored by a bunch of foreign governments and a potentially hostile military alliance? (Rather delightfully, it seems he was sponsored directly by the NATO Department of the Archives :)

Edited by Andrei Moutchkine
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Come now Andrei, are you suggesting Russia doesnt meddle in other countries affairs or use its power to influence certain countries?

Recently Afghanistan, Syria, Ukraine, the Stans etc etc

That is the pot calling the kettle black!

USSR or Russia was invited by internationally recognized governments of those countries to intervene in all those cases but Ukraine. Which can hardly said about any of the Western military interventions.

IMHO, Putin made a grave mistake by recognizing the post-Maidan government of Ukraine. He should've set up Yanukovych as government-in-exile in Donetsk instead. This is what you would've done. Unfortunately, Pu still had some illusions about making deals with the West at the time. It should be plainly obvious that a good kick to the face is the only language you understand.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

USSR or Russia was invited by internationally recognized governments of those countries to intervene in all those cases but Ukraine. Which can hardly said about any of the Western military interventions.

IMHO, Putin made a grave mistake by recognizing the post-Maidan government of Ukraine. He should've set up Yanukovych as government-in-exile in Donetsk instead. This is what you would've done. Unfortunately, Pu still had some illusions about making deals with the West at the time. It should be plainly obvious that a good kick to the face is the only language you understand.

As I said before 

Pointless

• Downvote 1

Let me remind our Russian comrads what the topic of this thread is: 

7 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Of course they did. Starting 1st June 2022. Reports from Reuters End of May and Gazprom News 1st June 2022

Gas shortages will be bigger as expected.

- Qater don't send any Gas before March 2024 at the earliest date

- Norway is not able to send more as the expected 10% increase. They have to start with new Oil/Gas Fields and that is a commercial decision by all those Companies and not a Government one.

- All those dry areas from low water add additional issue for Hydro Power in all Western EU States.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NickW said:

If Russian military tech is so great why is Russia pulling T62's out of Museums storage for use in Ukraine because most of their modern weapons have been chewed up in Ukraine, often by western weapons? 

Russian tank crews must love that.

Hey Ivan - feel the nostalgia. You can drive the same tank Granddad drove in the 60's 😂

Because they had short before the conflict 10'000 off it in Storage and the Ukraine doesn't have any more modern ones.

• Like 1

The Iraqi Republican Guard premier unit, The Lions of Babylon, used T-72 tanks. We wiped out that whole divisions losing only 1 man. That man was killed when we shot a Soviet BMP. The shell went through it and it caught fire and was abandoned. Later, after the fire went out,  the crew returned, snuck into the BMP and shot a Bradley, decapitating the Bradley Commander.

The problem with Russian tank doctrine is that they use them to attack strong points, taking huge losses in the process. Except for the breakthrough point, tanks are supposed to get behind the enemy lines and attack soft targets while the infantry pins the strongpoints in place and the artillery destroys the strongpoint.

Lastly, a guerilla force, like Ukraine, is only defeated when they give up.

US GDP - $24.8 trillion
German GDP - $4.5 trillion
Canada GDP - $1.8 trillion
Russia GDP - $1.6 trillion

12 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Here we go. First one was quite easy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_Ukraine#Resolution_of_the_Verkhovna_Rada

No 3/4 quorum required for impeachment. You want me to continue?

4 hours ago, Michael Sanches said:

The Iraqi Republican Guard premier unit, The Lions of Babylon, used T-72 tanks. We wiped out that whole divisions losing only 1 man. That man was killed when we shot a Soviet BMP. The shell went through it and it caught fire and was abandoned. Later, after the fire went out,  the crew returned, snuck into the BMP and shot a Bradley, decapitating the Bradley Commander.

The problem with Russian tank doctrine is that they use them to attack strong points, taking huge losses in the process. Except for the breakthrough point, tanks are supposed to get behind the enemy lines and attack soft targets while the infantry pins the strongpoints in place and the artillery destroys the strongpoint.

Lastly, a guerilla force, like Ukraine, is only defeated when they give up.

US GDP - $24.8 trillion
German GDP - $4.5 trillion
Canada GDP - $1.8 trillion
Russia GDP - $1.6 trillion

The Iraqi Lion of Babylon tank was a very crappy T72 knockoff, with no composite armor. Some 20 yeas behind yours. Their ammo was even worse. Steel core APFSDS only. 30 years behind you. You only dared to attack after 13 years of "softening" by suffocating sanctions.

Russia is 5th or 6th economy worldwide on PPP basis, competing with Germany.

There is nothing wrong with the Russian doctrine. They only look bad to you because they are fighting such a similar force. Either one would go through a NATO force like butter.

There is not going to be a guerilla war. Ukrainians are snapping out of their support for this vile regime rather quickly.

(edited)

6 hours ago, Selva said:

Let me remind our Russian comrads what the topic of this thread is: 

Do you suggest I leave the undeserved insults to Russia unanswered? The gas shortages and discontent obviously do have something to do with the idiotic sanctions on Russia.

On 8/12/2022 at 7:38 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

Russian journalist Marina Ovsyannikova, who became a symbol of fearless dissent when she interrupted a live TV broadcast in March to protest her country’s invasion of Ukraine, has been placed under house arrest in Moscow pending a trial related to a fresh anti-war protest in July.

Ovsyannikova was arrested on August 10 in a police raid on her Moscow home. She appeared in court on Thursday (August 11) where she was charged with spreading fake news about the military, an offense that carries up to ten years in prison under Russian law.

She's got a house arrest this time.

2 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Russia is 5th or 6th economy worldwide on PPP basis, competing with Germany.

Wow! There is not a lie you don't love, is there? PPS ranking by country:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita )

10. USA = $76,000
14. Taiwan = $69,000
19. Germany = $63,000
21. Australia = $62,000
xx. European Union = $53,000
53. Greece = $36,000
58. Russia = $30,000
yy. US Poverty Level = $13,000

The Soviet Union was so poor that families could have only 1 room. To have sex, parents had to have their children stand at the window and look outside.

How do you know a couple in Russia are having sex right now?

Their children are at the window looking outside.

39 minutes ago, Michael Sanches said:

The Soviet Union was so poor that families could have only 1 room. To have sex, parents had to have their children stand at the window and look outside.

Michael its pointless trying to reason with him mate

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Starschy said:

Of course they did. Starting 1st June 2022. Reports from Reuters End of May and Gazprom News 1st June 2022

I know. 

This also means that @Andrei Moutchkine was wrong.

12 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Yes, it happens a lot Rasmus

2 hours ago, Wombat One said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong! Seriously now Shrek, I know you Ogre's are a bit dumb and misinformed, but maybe you have not heard of the Canning Basin or Beetaloo basin. Or the Eromanga deeps? Australia has more gas than Russia both onshore and offshore. Maybe not as cheap to extract, which is why they are not considered official "reserves" just yet, but the gas is there in vast quantities. As for the USA, they have barely scratched the surface in Alaska, let alone offshore their coasts. As for Canada, they do not have a single LNG export facility yet, despite the compelling case. But sure, Qatar can sell it's gas first, that makes sense. Iran and Russia can sell to India and China, who cares? Qatar does not need to be a close ally, just a reliable supplier. All I know is that electric vehicles are becoming "mainstream" in the West and are already so in China. Russia gets it's money from oil and it's influence from gas? Will soon have little of either? Fact is, Russia would have become the second largest economy on the planet if it were a democracy. Instead, Australia has a larger economy than Russia despite having less than 1/4 the population. 

I don't know jack about Australia and don't want to know, but USA has no conventional gas. Counting shale is a different proposition. I heard China has most if you do that, but I am not sure. USSR already was the second-largest economy on the planet once, before it got destroyed. Your economy is larger than Russia's in candy wrappers. PPP base, Russia is about 5th, competing with Germany.

3 hours ago, Michael Sanches said:

This was not really the case when I was growing up in the 80-ties, and certainly is not the case now. We had a 3-room/2-bedroom apartment for a family of 4.

(edited)

3 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I know. 

It is non-consequential. My main point was that you are normally self-sufficient and don't need Gazprom. That still stands. Ergo, abandoning this relationship of no consequence is somewhat easier for you than for those with enduring deficiency.