hemanthaa@mail.com

Is Europe heading for winter of discontent with extensive gas shortages?

(edited)

1 hour ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

🤡🤣🙄🤯  Right.. all those Russians of industry miraculously dying in the last 6 months YOU and others have been stuffing these forums with... 

You are truly lying garbage... Go ... hug Russia, move back, it must be wonderful. 

I showed you my sources, what are yours? This? The

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

Lie as much as you can, make your lies as preposterous as possible, and something might stick? It can't all be entirely made up, can it? But it can. Every single word the Western media is reporting on Russia is a lie. EVERY SINGLE WORD. Maybe something will stick? Unfortunately, for the fans of the author of this interesting concept in your propaganda works, it does not work that way anymore. Because some lies are mutually exclusive with the other lies, like what you were lying the last time. The Internet remembers everything. So, I actually much prefer to tell the truth. It is much simpler this way. Any structure build on lies becomes very laborious to maintain, till it becomes a house of cards that comes crashing down. I am surprised yours didn't yet. You Westerners have a collective memory of a goldfish. Say, when was the last war they didn't lie to you about? Why should this one be any different?

I may do just that, and move to Russia. The West is starting to give me the creeps. Last, but not least, my income will go a much longer way there. Russia is an affordable place. I am also thinking about moving somewhere exotic and cheaper still, like Goa or Bali. What do you think of that? I already picked my ass up and moved out of that pit of despair called the US once, but the rot is starting to catch up with me here in Europe. I think the collective West is starting to go down the drain all at once. This is exactly where you belong.

Edited by Andrei Moutchkine

(edited)

On 6/22/2022 at 7:18 AM, hemanthaa@mail.com said:

Europe import more coal

As the European gas shortages become more and more acute, the companies in the power sector are being allowed to use coal as a substitute in proportion to the scale of the challenge. The issue can only get worse in the cold winter months ahead, unless the bull is taken by the horns - without beating about the bush as if there was no such a crisis.

For more on this, please read here:

Yes of course and this is why fossil fuels in the hands of rough military regimes turns out to be dangerous. After saving Russia and China from the Germans in WWII this is their thanks. It’s ok, the end result is a few years of higher pollution for mainly Europeans. The Germans killing their nukes before renewables could take over, invited the coal pollution they will now breath. Oh well, immigrating Muslims will make up for the dead. Putin will be thrilled. 
The US will try to compensate with Tesla getting those semis rolling soon. The two new factories continue to expand along with at least two battery factories from Samsung and CATL.  4 total? 
I hear China will require a certain % of battery storage with all future Renewable buildout? Anybody have any details? Is Calif really going to ban ice sales? 
The Japanese going back to nuke realizing the Putin war ploy to drive up prices?

Edited by Boat

(edited)

20 minutes ago, Boat said:

Yes of course and this is why fossil fuels in the hands of rough military regimes turns out to be dangerous. After saving Russia and China from the Germans in WWII this is their thanks. It’s ok, the end result is a few years of higher pollution for mainly Europeans. The Germans killing their nukes before renewables could take over, invited the coal pollution they will now breath. Oh well, immigrating Muslims will make up for the dead. Putin will be thrilled. 
The US will try to compensate with Tesla getting those semis rolling soon. The two new factories continue to expand along with at least two battery factories from Samsung and CATL.  4 total? 
I hear China will require a certain % of battery storage with all future Renewable buildout? Anybody have any details? Is Calif really going to ban ice sales? 
The Japanese going back to nuke realizing the Putin war ploy to drive up prices?

There is no "Putin ploy to drive up prices" It's your own sanctions, which you are welcome to stop at any time when you've had enough.

It was largely USSR who bailed out everybody else during WWII.

Edited by Andrei Moutchkine

19 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Freedom of speech. Freedom of press. Easy on censorship. Pluralism of opinion. Rule of law. No cancel culture.

You only profess to supporting those. Russia actually tries to walk the walk.

Seriously?

You are a waste of time. 

7 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

I may do just that, and move to Russia. The West is starting to give me the creeps.

pls do. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Seriously?

You are a waste of time. 

As stuck up as ever? The Nordics are the worst supremacists. Your feelings of superiority to others are based on a fraud. Get out of your bubble and go see for yourself. I don't know that much about Denmark, but I gave you an example of mink, which you turned into botulinum toxin polluting your groundwater, while Russia cured with a custom vaccine. So much for your allegedly sustainable Nordic ways and your advanced tech.

You are a waste of time. You just never learn. You frigging may not just assume you are superior to me. Just because you are surrounded by other brainwashed morons who think the same. This makes you nothing but a Nazi. I can't call you a racist, because we are both white, but it is no different. If you think your ways are better than mine, you better have a proof.

Fact is that since a few weeks Gas and power companies starting to view the crisis a bit closer.

Poland was sure in 2015 a few LNG deliveries is the solution.

- That changed in 2018 after the first two years with LNG it took 20 loads for 7.5 Billions m3. (Meaning not even 1 times the Gazprom 10 Bio. m3 volume)

- Then they started their own LNG port. (Świnoujście) The original volume was 5 Billion m3 - EU supported an upgrade to 7.5 Billion m3. Additonal cost 225 Million pay by EU.

- 2019 it was time to start the Baltic Pipeline estimated costs for the polish side 1 Bio.

-2022 The Pipeline may be late a few months and the troubles with US LNG supplier is still not solved. Investments in 4 own LNG Tanker. Estimate about 1 Billion. (Average price minimum is 200 Million per Ship)

There are about 50 Gas Companies in Poland and Cash is not their strength. Meaning the price explosion from 25  EUR to 330 TTF in Rotterdam meaning a price increase by 10-12.

- Some companies really considering Gazprom. The price hike is that large for the LNG and there is no rebate from US/or potential other sources.

German politician Habeck and a few others travelled around the globe for Gas Supplier, Qatar, Azerbajian, Algeria, Norway, Canada. No contract till end of August not a minimal one. The Gazprom guys mark everyday their computers with a large green OK marker for German deliveries.

What changed too. Compared to 2015 Polands Gas consumption is no longer 10 Billion m3 that increased to 18-21 Billion m3 from different sources. 2019 and later.

(edited)

Europe simply permanently loose access to biggest source of relatively cheap Energy. 

Expensive workforce in Europe plus now also expensive energy means permanent lost of compepetivness of european industry and slow-going deindustrialization of core Europe going forward. Starting with energy-intensive one like fertilizers and metal industry. 

Not only one two or maybe even three hard Winters but permanent deindustrialization going On.  Lost of real economy not service or financial bubble overestimated in gdp formation. 

It will be simply poorer Europe more dependent on Washington going forward. 

As you know NATO was always to put USA in Russia out and Germany down as gen Ismail said in 50s. 

USA will sell LNG to Europe and reindustrialize at cost of Europe at the SOME time. 

This is sadly SOME kind of reverse Marshall plan going forward.  Wealth flowing from Europe to USA. 

Now you understand why USA want to prolong this war as long as possible. 

Edited by Tomasz
  • Upvote 1

That’s right. Now if Europe loses some population to go with that shrinking economy they will do their part to slow pollution. All countries need to learn to live within a green limit. Do it planned or Mother Nature does it for you. You can’t escape pollution. Less babies equals less death by nasty means. 

• Haha 2

On 7/13/2022 at 8:54 AM, Jay McKinsey said:

they are being idiots and shutting down their nuclear plants

That was a quick 180 for the sake of having a response. 

• Rolling Eye 1

Finally one Day because of USA exporting SO much LNG meaning HH coming closer to TTF there will be two lobbies in USA- export as much as possible or limit LNG exports to lower price at home. 

Than Europe will need another one big NG supplier once more. 

The absurd of this situation is that because of export limitation on Russia Putin currently doesnt need such a lot of hard currency until he repairs import Channel with developing world in 1-2 years.  Its called Dutch desease. 

But Europe needs this gaś now. 

(edited)

It simply as that- USA and West weaponize $ and trade so Russia weaponize energy. 

IT was an arrogance of SOME politicians that you will still have cheap energy after this whole affair. 

Apart from printing fiat money like mad for 14 years. 

Edited by Tomasz
  • Upvote 1

https://news.yahoo.com/germanys-gas-storage-facilities-filling-142612657.html

Germany's gas storage facilities filling up faster than planned - Econ Minister

b5aaed26dd596ad071d9e454fb2192d2

FILE PHOTO: A general view of pipelines on the gas storage facility at the gas trading company VNG AG in Bad Lauchstaedt

Sun, August 28, 2022 at 9:26 AM

BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany's gas storage facilities are filling up faster than planned, Economy Minister Robert Habeck said, giving hope that Europe's biggest economy could avoid acute gas shortages this winter.

"The reservoirs are filling up faster than specified," Habeck was quoted as saying by Der Spiegel Magazine, adding that the government goal of achieving 85% storage capacity by October could be reached by the beginning of September.

Germany is at phase two of a three-stage emergency plan formulated after a reduction in gas flows from Russia, its main supplier.

Only 9.5% of Germany's gas consumption in August came from Russia, Spiegel reported, citing data by the BDEW power industry association. Last year, Russian gas accounted for around 55% of the country's total consumption.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

The government had targeted gas storage levels of 75% by Sept. 1 but the storage levels are already at 82.2%, industry data from European operators group GIE showed on Sunday.

"Companies will then be able to withdraw gas from the storage facilities as planned over the winter to also supply industry and households," Habeck said.

Liquefied natural gas (LNG) is also expected to flow to Germany through France after the two countries resolved organizational and technical issues to ease supplies, Spiegel reported, citing a document from the Economy Ministry.

(Reporting by Riham Alkousaa; Editing by Hugh Lawson)

(edited)

Europe to be honest had 2 good options

Dont help organizing Maidan in 2014 when Russian was OK with Yanukovytch but extremely not OK with US-backed goverment of antiRussia after that

or listen to famous Trump warnings to Germany or at least did everything possible to not let this war happen during last year when Europe was totally powerless to not it happen. All this Macron Scholz couldnt do nothing to force Ukrainian to finally start biding to Minsk Agreeement so as final result there is war.

There was NATO expansion and civil war in Ukraine and russian imperialism

But single most important reason why this war happened in 2022 is that USA and Russia are both commodity very rich countries and Europe simple is not at all but has a lot of money to spend.

There is probably a bull commodity market going on for at least next couple of years

Russian resources are now incredibly hard to replace in next couple of years. Because if they were easy to replace in 2022 and going forward there would be simply no war in 2022.

Because you can read that Putin is old, ill, lonely wants revenge etc. And at the some time that he is a clasic intelligent psychopath

Being a psyschopath is not really a very big problem for a leader. To be honest a lot of CEOs are psyschopats. Or they spend their live in prison which is also often for these kind of people.

Psychopath is simply a person that thinks and make decision very clearly with no emotions because he feels no emotions why taking a decision or probably during most of his life.

USA is currently as biggest Europe ally selling LNG to allies in Europe at probably incredible high price. Apart from sending weapons in a future.

Edited by Tomasz

The US is concerned that Europe will survive the winter without Russian gas. It is supposed to be "a test for European resilience and unity against Russia" (CNN)

IMHO Europe, once it has entered this minefield of energy confrontation with Russia, will now be subjected to various "immunity tests" by its main ally.  

On 8/28/2022 at 7:29 PM, Tomasz said:

Finally one Day because of USA exporting SO much LNG meaning HH coming closer to TTF there will be two lobbies in USA- export as much as possible or limit LNG exports to lower price at home. 

Than Europe will need another one big NG supplier once more. 

The US pipelines nat gas to Mexico and cares little for the consumer at home. We even flare and damage the lungs and babies and old people to make it happen. The US is very Putin like in that respect. We don’t attack neighbors on our border though. We trade instead. 

4 hours ago, Tomasz said:

The US is concerned that Europe will survive the winter without Russian gas. It is supposed to be "a test for European resilience and unity against Russia" (CNN)

IMHO Europe, once it has entered this minefield of energy confrontation with Russia, will now be subjected to various "immunity tests" by its main ally.  

It’s not a test but a mad scramble to supply Europe as best we can while figuring out ways to hurt Russian trade. This is what wars do. Nothing new or unexpected. 

(edited)

13 minutes ago, Boat said:

The US pipelines nat gas to Mexico and cares little for the consumer at home. We even flare and damage the lungs and babies and old people to make it happen. The US is very Putin like in that respect. We don’t attack neighbors on our border though. We trade instead. 

No not Mexico or Canada. But killing milions in Vietnam using napalm and loosing 10.000 planes? Why not. 

You said Than that Vietnam really  learn you something. Because of that then there was bombing Yougoslavia invasion of Iraq for white powder and 20 year war in Afganistan ending as we saw all on Kabul airport. 

But not Canada or Mexico. Thats True. You prefer creating mess and leaving it to someone else. I would probably faster mention all countries which Noble Peace laureat Obama didnt bomb than bomb but I dont have time.  IT was called global war on terror so no wedding ceremony in Middle East was a safe party. 

Edited by Tomasz

Currently Russia makes a killing On European Union NG market. So no real reason to change tactic. Yeap in next couple of years Europe will buy qiute a lot less NG froom Gazprom but Thats still will last few record years finnacially for Gazprom. Future is Asia. 

Maybe real red line was broken when Western leaders decided in March to try to still Pay in euros and blocked access to this euros for Russia. 

Russian response was NG for roubles. 

On 8/27/2022 at 11:39 PM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

🤡🤣🙄🤯  Right.. all those Russians of industry miraculously dying in the last 6 months YOU and others have been stuffing these forums with... 

You are truly lying garbage... Go ... hug Russia, move back, it must be wonderful. 

No chance. He is living it large in Austria

14 hours ago, Tomasz said:

No not Mexico or Canada. But killing milions in Vietnam using napalm and loosing 10.000 planes? Why not. 

You said Than that Vietnam really  learn you something. Because of that then there was bombing Yougoslavia invasion of Iraq for white powder and 20 year war in Afganistan ending as we saw all on Kabul airport. 

But not Canada or Mexico. Thats True. You prefer creating mess and leaving it to someone else. I would probably faster mention all countries which Noble Peace laureat Obama didnt bomb than bomb but I dont have time.  IT was called global war on terror so no wedding ceremony in Middle East was a safe party. 

You seen to be overlooking Russia's hand in the Vietnam war (supplying virtually all the weapons to NK) and of course Afghanistan (80-89) 

Gazprom exports 1-15 Agust 213 milion  per day.

Rising first time since March. It mean flow to China is growing.

Gazprom net profit under IFRS amounted to 2.5 trillion rubles in the first half of the year

Gazprom's net profit under international financial reporting standards (IFRS) for the first half of the year amounted to 2.5 trillion rubles. This was announced by the Deputy Chairman of the Board of the company Famil Sadigov.

“Despite sanctions pressure and an unfavorable external environment, in the first half of 2022, the Gazprom Group showed record revenue and net profit under IFRS, while reducing net debt and the level of debt burden to the minimum levels,” said Mr. Sadygov. Gazprom's net profit indicator amounted to 2.5 trillion rubles, the size of the dividend base was 2.4 trillion rubles.

Gazprom's net profit under IFRS in 2021 grew 13 times compared to the previous year, to RUB 2.159 trillion.

Today, August 30, the Board of Directors of Gazprom recommended to pay interim dividends for the half year - 51 rubles. per share. At the end of June 2022, for the first time since the 1998 crisis, Gazprom completely refused to pay dividends. On June 30, the main shareholder of the company represented by the state (50.23% of shares) voted against the payment for 2021, thereby refusing to follow the recommendation of the board of directors.